13 total reviews
If you are looking for an all-in-one resort for your beach wedding then look no further. Not only is it located right off the beach, but the resort itself is beautiful and the service and amenities are unbeatable.
Think about it, no one plans on getting married twice so you got one shot to make it everything you’ve ever wanted. And if you’re reading this, then you obviously want the best deal with the best service. And face it, if you want a beach wedding, it will be a little pricey but it will not bankrupt you. And after looking up and down the so-cal coast, the Fess Parker Double Tree Resort met every one of our needs in choosing a wedding venue.
Our venue wedding/catering coordinator, Paige Reid, made everything so easy. There are so many options in regards to the ceremony, reception, catering, room reservations and she catered to all of our needs. She was always available via email/phone or even to come in and visit and always confirmed details with us. Everything you need to have a fun and memorable wedding is offered at this resort. Trust me, if you plan on having your wedding at this resort (in which you should) you will be in good hands.
Not only was it the best day of our lives, but it was memorable for all of our guest. We received endless compliments on the breath taking view, the service, food, and the resort. One of our guest stated, “I’ve been to many weddings, and this is by far the best most beautiful wedding I’ve ever been to.” Our wedding was a little on the conservative side. We chose to do a simple/elegant themed wedding, and that alone made the wedding perfect. The best thing about the venue is that it’s good as is, no need to throw out a bunch of money to dressing it up.
There will be so many other details to your wedding to worry about, trust me. But if your wedding is here, you can rest assure that everything involved with the Fess Parker’s team will be taken care of professionally… no worries =)
Best of luck in choosing a resort.
But trust me, you always want to go with someone's experience. And after hearing horror stories of people cutting corners trying to save a dollar on their wedding, it was worth every penny investing in this resort.
We had a 300 person Indian wedding (all day) here on mother's day, and with that busy of a weekend for the hotel, we had no problems whatsoever. Our contact, Chuck, was very helpful in getting us organized and answering our questions. They met us half way or more on all of our requests. Also, I love the beach, but dislike the gross feeling of salt/sweat and tangled hair, so this was the perfect venue. The beach was right across the street, the wedding outside and you could still enjoy the scenery. For the amount of people we needed to fit, this was a very reasonable venue from a cost perspective. I will say that the rooms were very expensive even with a room block, but there are many other hotels walking distance away where guests may want to stay.
We were very happy with our venue. The food was wonderful and the staff was extremely helpful.
My fiance (now Hubby) and I visited this beautiful venue when on the hunt for the perfect wedding spot. It was definitely a more upscale hotel. But we were planning a much smaller affair than this spot was suited for, as the best views and photo ops would be in their main rotunda area, set outside across from the ocean. Smaller rooms and a garden were available; but they were more interior and not very special. Nicely decorated bamquet space was really it. That said, the larger space was open to the pedestrians and traffic on the street between the hotel grounds and the ocean, so it was not very private. If you are not looking for an intimate spot, this could work. The resort also offered additional services like photography through their planning folks. So between that and the catering, a couple could conceivably have an all inclusive venue if they chose to host their guests here. It was a bit pricey it seemed to us, but it's all relative to what you want for your day. The representative who spoke with us was definitely a salesperson with years of experience. So I would trust their team to pull off something grand if that's the route you want to take.
I got married at the Fess Parker at the end of March, and it was a beyond perfect day. The weather, the people. It's everything you could want out of a hotel wedding, and not as expensive as the Santa Monica beach hotels.
- the catering staff (Chuck!) are amazing and pretty easy to work with. Chuck and Aimee were very good about responding to me via email, and I had a lot of questions. They were also very flexible with scheduling walk-throughs, tastings, and upfront about what would have otherwise been hidden costs.
- the food (salmon, prime rib, risotto, salads, veggies) were actually really good. It's hard to make good-tasting food for a large group, but the hotel did a great job
- we had a Sunday brunch the day after the wedding, which was Easter, and it poured down rain so we couldn't use the Los Arcos Patio as planned. The hotel moved us to another area and treated it like it was no problem. One of the women who was in charge of overseeing our group knew that I was the bride and was so good about making sure I had everything I needed. As you either know or will discover, everytime I would get warm food on my plate or hot tea in my cup, I would need to say goodbye to someone, and by the time that was over, everything would be cold. This must have happened 8 or 9 times. This particular lady for the hotel was therefore a godsend.
- if you do the wedding package, the bridal suite is included. We had a ground floor room facing the ocean - beautiful. We also came in with a LOT of wedding decor/supplies. The gentlemen at the valet were so nice helping us unpack and then repack the car - especially since it poured down rain when we had to repack to leave.
- the hotel is pet friendly, and our dog was in the wedding, so that was super fun.
- to my knowledge, my coordinator had no difficulties working and communicating with the catering staff and the hotel.
- I'm allergic to crab & coconut, and the hotel was very careful about making sure neither was in any of my food. My allergies were prominently listed on all of the food orders
- the reservation staff are terrible. TERRIBLE. One of the hardest things about planning the wedding was how terrible they were. We had multiple problems with our room block because they couldn't seem to put our information in right. At one point they told me I had a block for 30 rooms total, 12 rooms for Saturday night and 13 rooms for Friday night and I was like, not only was that wrong, but 12+13 DOES NOT EQUAL 30! Other friends who had hotel weddings told me they also had problems with reservation staff, so my feeling is that my experience was not unique, but it was so, SO frustrating. This is a Hilton property, after all.
- we had a dinner for 8 or 9 of us Thursday night at Rodneys, which is the nicer steakhouse at the hotel. The waiters seemed a little annoyed that they had to serve us at all - I think they were hoping for a quiet night, which we certainly deprived them of. I mean come on, the staff should have hid their annoyance better.
The team at the Fess Parker Heather, Britney and Chelsea managed our large room block so well! They were so helpful and patient with all of our guests and any took care of any problems that came up. They were very accommodating. The weekend of the wedding was great. It’s such a beautiful right across the street from the beach. Our room had a gorgeous ocean view and a huge patio. It was so fun having so many of our friends in the same hotel. Everyone hung out at the pool, or met up at the bar after the wedding. And we all had an awesome brunch together on Sunday. The nice staff and fun atmosphere made the weekend.
We did our ceremony only through the Fess Parker. The catering department was not helpful, rude at times and one of the catering managers in particular never responded to emails. As a bride I didn't feel special, I felt that because we were not performing our ceremony and reception through them and not bringing them as much income that we were not important.
Nick and I got married August 31st, 2012 at the Fess Parker and had an absolutley amazing wedding. We are so happy we chose the Fess Parker Doubletree and couldn't have been more impressed with staff, location, and overall experience.
Thank you again for making our wedding so memorable from start to finish.
Alex & Nick Gilliam
We had our wedding on Plaza del Sol in August. The plaza is separated from the beach by a road, and looks out into the hills. The scenery is amazing. The walkway above the plaza is great for a cocktail reception. The staff is extremely competent, and the food is amazing. The in-house lighting service is expensive, so we brought an outside vendor without complication. Our contact (and the senior catering manager) Paige Reid is very responsive and helpful =)
A few additional notes: This is not a cheap place, as you can see from the cost of service, but the service is worth the price. The plaza is one of several places for weddings at the resort, and it's outside, so it was a bit windy in August (candle concerns).
The Fess Parker's completely exceeded our expectations! It was the perfect location for our 4th of July wedding. There is no other place with a view of the beach & fireworks. The food was excellent and they customized our desserts and included special items specific to us. Their Presidential Suite is amazing and was a perfect setting for getting ready and settling down after the party.
My wedding was spectacular. We had the celebrations of stations buffet and the food was delicious, so unlike normal wedding food. We didn't like the appetizers a our tastings so we had 3 tastings and they even made some off menu items for us like lamb pops. Our wedding was in the plaza with the overhead string lights and it looked gorgeous. They set up our ceremony across the street at the beach. Everything was perfectly done to my specifications. I got a great deal on our wedding suite. We got an early check in and a late check out, they moved our entire wedding block into the main building when i asked even upgrading some guests, gave out our welcome bags for us, they sent us champagne when we checked in and champagne and strawberries on our wedding night. The service exceeded our expectations.
The Fess Parker has a naturally beautiful setting so everything looked gorgeous but when you're paying big bucks for room blocks, salon appointments, etc. you just expect a little more from a 5 star resort. Everything looked good and was set up as promised but there was lacking in some of the customer service/personalization.
Vacationing as a child in Santa Barbara, I always admired the beauty of the Plaza Del Sol located at the Fess Parker Doubletree. I always thought about how cool it would be to have a party there. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would host a party there much less my wedding! We had a wedding all planned out to be held in my hometown of Bakersfield, CA at a family estate but after the passing of my grandfather, that was no longer an option. We were left wondering where we’d have the wedding with only 8 months to go. We quickly made a trip over to Santa Barbara and toured the Fess Parker with Paige Reid. Still loving the location, we were unsure if we would be able to afford it. We went home that night to crunch numbers and look at the options. We knew being able to have a completely outdoor wedding was important to both of us and having it at the Fess Parker would allow us to do so by having it in the Plaza Del Sol. The menu options were great and so much was included in the package itself that we decided to go for it! I am so glad we did.
We worked with Chuck Henderson and Dora Olvera during the planning process and could not have been more happy with the service that we received from both of them! Both are so professional, detailed oriented, and understanding. They were always just an e-mail or phone call away when I had questions or concerns. Everything was always in order and when our guest count unexpectedly took a turn for the worst falling from 135 guests to 70 guests, they were there with options that would allow us to meet our food minimum. What a blessing in disguise since we were able to turn our wedding day into a wedding WEEKEND at the Fess Parker with them hosting the rehearsal dinner on the rotunda on Thursday and providing our guests with breakfast in the Fiesta Room on Saturday.
Chuck checked in with me at least 3 times on the big day to make sure we were good to go which made me feel at ease. Both of them helped with anything that they could and worked so well with our day of coordinator, Debbie Hews. Chuck, Dora, and Debbie were the core of our dream team for sure! The rest of the staff at the Fess Parker held to the same standards. From the gentlemen that were helping set up our ceremony and reception, to those working up at the desk while we checked in/out, to those who served as our dinner and breakfast captains and oversaw the meals - all were fabulous.
My husband and I keep kidding that they made us feel like celebrities for the weekend, but the truth of the matter is, they did! They spoiled us beyond belief and there aren’t enough words to say how much we appreciate their services! I had already recommended the Fess Parker to several other brides who decided to book there as well during my planning process and now that our big day is over, I will continue to do so! If you are planning a wedding, I highly recommend looking into the Fess Parker as they have so many areas to hold the event and options for it. Did I also mention that the wedding cake, wine and sparkling wine, an oceanview room for the wedding night, chairs, linens, votives, and breaksfast for two is also included! We upgraded our oceanview room to the king executive room for our stay and are saving our breakfast certificate for our 1 year anniversary. We will be back to celebrate every year as the Fess Parker holds a special place in our hearts. I can’t recommend the Fess Parker enough!
Report Abuse Policy
If you have any documentation proving it false, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.
Thank you for reporting your review.
Our policy is to only take down reviews that contain spam, explicit content or are proven to be factually false; we cannot dispute a bride’s opinion. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.
A Resort Getaway In Your Own Back Yard
Why travel when the charm and romance of Santa Barbara beckons? Just imagine your wedding on the beach, under the stars, or by the cozy fireplace in our variety of scenic and unique venues. And for couples still planning 2013, we have a special offer just for you. Please contact us for details!
- Price Range: $$$
- Amenities: Indoor Ceremony Area, Liability Insurance, Liquor License, On the Water, Onsite Catering, Onsite Overnight Accommodations, Onsite Parking, Outdoor Ceremony Area, Outdoor Reception Area, Outside Caterers Allowed, Site Fee, Valet Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
- Capacity: More than 400
- Style: Hotel/Resort, Unusual/Alternative
awards and affiliations
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2013