3 featured reviews
Member Since: 7/3/2011
The Hermitage Inn was a beautiful location for a wedding! The staff were very attentive and were always available to help us throughout the process! Everything was wonderful and we received so many compliments from our guests. We will always return to the Hermitage for many years to come to remember our special day!!
Member Since: 9/22/2008
My wife and I were married November 29 2009 at the Hermitage Inn in West Dover Vermont. We came upon this inn when we were researching different locations through out Vermont, the website made the inn look very inviting and classically beautiful so we added it to our short list of locations to visit. Being in the industry my wife and I had very high expectations and requirements, we visited places in Warren, Stowe, Bolton, Montpelier, and Burlington before we ventured south. All of the places we visited we thought were beautiful and had a great deal to offer any couple. We proceeded to head south to the Hermitage, the last place on our list. Leading up to that day I had told my wife that I really did not want to go, it was too far south and we probably would not even choose the venue. Fortunately for me my wife was not going to cancel our appointment, out of principle. And I am so happy that she made me go!
As soon as we arrived I was taken by the property, the covered bridge as you enter is spectacular. The rooms are amazing!! Fireplace, beautiful beds, large tvs (for all the men out there) game room, and a phenomenal staff, and flawless restaurant. We were in love. We immediately booked our wedding, and put down the deposit, all in one visit!
As the big day approached the inn keeper and event planner were amazing, making my job so easy all I had to do is show up ready to go. The staff made us feel so welcomed it was amazing. The chef then created a menu for our party that was spectacular. The wedding was so beautiful that I told my wife that we should cancel our honeymoon and just stay at the inn for two weeks! Our experience was so amazing that every year for our anniversary we go back to the Hermitage for a weekend get away, and we are always greeted by the inn keeper with a card wishing us a happy anniversary. Any one who decides to begin there new life with there spouse at the Hermitage will just as happy and starting out in the perfect way!
Member Since: 1/7/2010
I can't possibly speak highly enough of the Hermitage Inn. They were so integral to making my wedding day as wonderful as it was. Here are my top thoughts:
1. The site itself is picturesque. The rooms at the inn or beautifully decorated and so comfortable.
2. I hadn't thought about this beforehand, but on my wedding day it struck me how perfect the layout of the Main Inn was for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. People could get together to talk, etc outside on the terrace or in the bar area. It was also nice having a real bar for serving my guests.
2. The dining was so beautifully decorated that I really only needed to provide some simple centerpieces for the tables to make it complete.
3. Service! Working with their wedding coordinator was an absolute pleasure. She took care of everything. And on the day of the wedding it all went so smoothly - I didn't have to worry about a thing. The inn keeper and staff for so extremely accommodating to me and my guests. If I asked for something they'd do everything in their power to get it for me.
4. Food! Yum, Yum, Yum. Guests commented on how good the food was. I was also able to provide a selection of 4 dishes at no additional cost. The food looked and tasted delicious.
It was an all round wonderful experience and I look forward to spend many anniversary nights up at the Inn. My guests were thrilled with the weekend and had nothing but compliments to pay for the setting, the food, and their overall experience.
At The Hermitage Inn your wedding reception is a carefully crafted experience. You will find the Inn’s fine service and attention to detail throughout, from the gardens, the elegant interiors, to the creative menus and presentation. We are here to say “yes” to your needs.
- Price Range: $$
- Outdoor Ceremony Area: Yes
- Indoor Ceremony Area: Yes
- Outdoor Reception Area: Yes
- On the Water: No
- Tented Area: Yes
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Onsite Catering: Yes
- Outside Caterers Allowed: No
- Kosher Available: No
- Liquor License: Yes
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations: Yes
- Onsite Parking: Yes
- Valet Parking: No
- Onsite Wedding Consultant: Yes
- Liability Insurance: No
- Site Fee: Yes
- Capacity: Up to 200
- Style: Inn/B&B, Unusual/Alternative
awards and affiliations
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2012