3 featured reviews
Member Since: 7/28/2012
My husband and I recently got married at The Mill in November 2013. Despite all of the pre-wedding planning and stress, and wondering if it was all worth it...The Mill definitely made our dreams come true. Our wedding was truly everything we wanted and more. From day one, Amy was there to assist us in planning our wedding from the ceremony to the reception, and all the other minor details in between.
Although we were unable to have our ceremony outside due to the cold weather, we were able to take pictures outside before the ceremony and they were absolutely beautiful and captured the fall foliage. The staff transitioned smoothly from the ceremony to the cocktail hour. Our guests are still raving about the food from the entire night.
We decided to have a cocktail reception, which our guests said was one of the best wedding meals they ever had. It gave our guests an opportunity to select the foods they liked best and even go back for more! Top choices: Slider Bar, Crab cakes, Lobster Bisque Soup, Stuffed Chicken, and Tilapia. In addition, our wedding cake was included in our package with The Mill. While tasting our cake for the first time my husband shouted, "THIS IS AMAZING!!!".
Throughout the ceremony, the staff brought us plates of food and drinks right to our sweetheart table. We even brought some food home, too! We created our own candy bar for guests to take home as goodie bags, and ended the night with "mini-breakfast sandwiches" provided by The Mill.
Even the next day when we returned, everything was cleaned, boxed, organized, and ready to bring home.
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend The Mill!!!
Member Since: 5/10/2012
My husband and I got married at The Mill at Spring Lake Heights this past October. We could not have been happier with our choice of ceremony and reception venue! We had our ceremony outside in the garden right next to the lake. The ceremony area is beautiful no matter what season you're there (we've seen it in all four seasons :)), and though it looked and felt intimate, the patio managed to fit all ~150 of our guests plus a string quartet without a problem.
After the ceremony, we did our formal photos in the patio area while everyone else headed inside for the cocktail hour. Everyone is still talking about the cocktail hour, even now at almost a year later! Our guests' favorite part seemed to be the mashed potato martini bar; while we didn't get to try that ourselves, the staff was kind enough to bring us a plate of some of the hors d'ouvres while we were doing photos, and they were delicious. The cocktail hour took place in the beautiful atrium area, which provided enough room for our guests as well as the quartet.
The reception could not have gone better. The Waterview room was set up perfectly, and the view of the lake and surrounding scenery from the windows around the room was stunning, especially since the trees were changing to their fall colors. As for the food, to this day, our guests are still raving about it! It was really spectacular--elegant, without being too stuffy or unrecognizable--and we loved that they used seasonal ingredients (we had amazing butternut squash soup as an appetizer, for example).
The staff at the Mill was always pleasant, helpful and accommodating. We especially appreciated their flexibility in meeting with us leading up to the wedding, since my husband and I actually live in Maryland and had to plan our trips up to NJ carefully and strategically during that time. Amy was a pleasure to deal with, and always responded quickly to our many, many questions :). Overall, we truly have nothing bad to say!
Member Since: 4/2/2009
The Mill at Spring Lake is by far the best wedding venue on the Jersey Shore. As a bride I shopped around for a venue that could fit 3 major components: Location, Food, and Service. Here's how they went above and beyond:
1. Location: Set on a beautiful lake in Spring Lake Heights the view is breath taking. The staff at The Mill take great care in the building and the grounds. The landscape is gorgeous and the inside is up to date without be tacky like most venues in the area.
2. The Food: Talk about wow! Our guests could not stop talking about the food. We opted for the deluxe package and we were not disappointed! Our cocktail hour had everything from Jumbo Shrimp at the raw bar to our gourmet mashed potato martini bar. It didn't stop there. The Mill takes their food a step above wedding food. Our four course sit down was impeccable! Our guest felt like they were at a fancy restaurant and not some cheesy banquet hall.
3. The Service: The staff at The Mill are unbelievable! We booked our wedding with Amy Floss and she was amazing!!! She is so organized with all the paperwork and my special needs. She never missed a beat! She made me a more organized bride and I knew the venue was something I did not have to worry about. She goes above and beyond to make her brides happy! The great service did not stop there! We had Corey as our Maitre D the day of our wedding. And talk about organization and a hard worker! We met with Corey a few days before our wedding and we had a lot of special details to add. I didn't know how someone was going to pull off the decorations better then myself. Corey pulled it off and then some! He did an outstanding job! Then when we arrived and he was my right hand man the entire night! He made sure I was well fed (we all know as a bride that's a hard thing to do) and always was checking in to make sure I was happy! He made my wedding day way less stressful!
I could continue on about how wonderful this place is. If you are on the fence about booking here don't hesitate and just do it. You will not be disappointed!
Distinctive Lakeside Receptions
Enjoy panoramic lakeside views, impeccable service, and famous cuisine when you select the scenic, Waterview Room, which accommodates up to 220 guests, or the rustic Sienna Cafe, seating 40 to 70 guests. Outdoor lakeside garden is available for ceremony; glass enclosed atrium for cocktail hour.
- Price Range: $$$
- Outdoor Ceremony Area: Yes
- Indoor Ceremony Area: Yes
- Outdoor Reception Area: Yes
- On the Water: Yes
- Tented Area: No
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Onsite Catering: Yes
- Outside Caterers Allowed: No
- Kosher Available: No
- Liquor License: Yes
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations: No
- Onsite Parking: Yes
- Valet Parking: Yes
- Onsite Wedding Consultant: Yes
- Liability Insurance: Yes
- Site Fee: No
- Capacity: Up to 200
- Style: Banquet/Reception Hall, Restaurant
awards and affiliations
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2012
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights's twitter
We're back open Tuesdays, Dinner and Happy Hour both start at 4pm. Lent starts tomorrow, don't miss this opportunity to indulge!
"A happy Sunday, always starts with brunch!" -Said Everyone
#Lobster Night is back on Tuesday! 1 1/2lb. Lobster (steamed or broiled) with two sides for just $27! Be sure to reserve ahead.