4 total reviews
My experience with Unlimited Events wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. In the end, we got everything we wanted and it all looked beautiful...but the weeks leading up to the wedding were somewhat stressful. Perhaps they were having a busy few weeks, but if I'm being honest, this was my experience: I kept having to wait extended periods of time to receive a revised invoice (because each previous version had errors), which delayed when we were able to make our final payment. We didn't receive the final invoice until we were already out of town and the wedding venue had to print, sign, and fax the invoice back for us because we didn't have internet access. It was a bit of a hassle to say the least. Also, they didn't bring all of the items the day before and had to come back the day of. I didn't know that items were missing until I noticed the morning of and sent a frantic email, to which they responded that they would be back shortly to bring the remaining items - a head's up would've been nice and saved me some panic. To make a long story short, they did not show up until extremely late in the day and they were still setting up as guests started to arrive - it was quite unprofessional and not the impression I wanted to make on my guests. As a detail-oriented perfectionist who doesn't like procrastination, Unlimited Events caused me some serious stress in the days surrounding my wedding. As I said, it all turned out beautiful in the end, and perhaps they were just having a bad week, but I think it's important to be a bit more punctual to avoid situations like that (especially since weddings are already so stressful). I wouldn't not-recommend them, but I would advise to stay on top of them and insist that everything be done well in advance of your event.
My actual review of Unlimited Events is actually somewhere between a 3 and a 4. I got the bridal discount which was great, but there were a few hiccups, which was probably a breakdown in communication between be and the caterer and the rental company, but it did mean that I had to go out at the last second and buy restaurant supplies or I wouldn't have had any food at my wedding. All that aside, Pearl and her crew were very sweet and very accomodating for the most part. I would recommend them.
Pearl was great to work with and helped us so much in picking our linen rentals. Great experience, even though we had a problem a couple days before the wedding with getting the linens we wanted but Pearl took care of us and made sure we had what we needed in time for the wedding.
Your wedding day should be one of the happiest days of your life. It is unfortunate when you encounter a vendor that lacks the professionalism that can create unnecessary headaches and havoc for your big day. Usually I do not like to complain unless it is completely necessary, but I do not wish this upon any other couple and warn others of the practices of Unlimited Events.
Listed below are the obstacles that we have encountered with Unlimited Events:
1) The very first time we met with them, they were very disorganized. They couldn’t find our file and spent 15 minutes waiting for them before we could get started.
2) Although Pearl is a nice person, she lacks the ability and the knowledge of the business to manage it. Quotes are created by others and she lacks the communication necessary to help couples understand what steps need to be taken during this process.
3) Very slow to respond to quote requests. Even after they asked us to specify exactly what design theme we wanted to go with they still provided the wrong quote for the design we declined. After following up 3 times they finally provided the right quote a month later
4) Never asked the necessary questions. All our other vendors asked questions that were essential to this process (who our wedding coordinator was, what time they can come set up, etc.).
5) Even after the rental agreement fell to pieces the day before my wedding. We were able to work out the up lighting. What is the most frustrating part is that we had agreed upon using purple lights in everything and they delivered PINK!!!
6) They never disclosed and/or went over how the logistical process works. They didn’t ask the right questions and in the end, blamed us for things they said they didn’t know. During our discussions, they only focused on the layout and never brought up how and when the lighting would be delivered and installed. In the end this is what caused this rental agreement to fall apart. This is their line of business, not ours and like most couples, this was our first time going through the process. I highly suggest going with a company that your location or other vendors recommends. I should have gone with my instincts when I noticed they were not punctual and were not asking all the necessary questions like my other vendors (even one of the vendors informed me that they had a client that went through the same situation with Unlimited Events). Fortunately, my other vendors were extremely helpful and made up for the shortfalls of Unlimited Events. At the end of the day our wedding was fantastic, but no thanks to this company (who told us not only would they not do our event 1 day prior, but they were also going to charge us for it!) Unlimited Events failed to have the professionalism that all companies should have. I do not wish this upon anyone and I highly recommend that you do a thorough research before you commit to any one company.
Report Abuse Policy
If you have any documentation proving it false, please send it to email@example.com. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.
Thank you for reporting your review.
Our policy is to only take down reviews that contain spam, explicit content or are proven to be factually false; we cannot dispute a bride’s opinion. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.