Our favorite place to stay in town is the Beaufort Inn.
The Beaufort Inn has been tastefully updated, and has a common dining/hang out area. It sits on Gallants Channel. The shrimp boats across the channel are always fun to look at.
The second best choice is the Inlet Inn.
The Inlet Inn is more stately than the Beaufort Inn. It does not have a common area.
Both Inns are within walking distance of the wedding ceremony and the reception. Beaufort is a small town!
There are also many many Bed and Breakfasts in the Historic District.
Beach Paws Pet Resort in Morehead City is above and beyond the best place to board your pups. Shelby and Brinkley are regular visitors! They have outdoor and indoor play areas, as well as independent sleeping quarters. You can watch your pup play on webcams using your smartphone, iPad, or computer.
101 Ann Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
601 Front Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
Beach Paws Pet Resort
5209 Narron Business Drive
Newport, NC 28570
Places to Eat/Drink
There are quite a few spectacular restaurants and drinking holes in Beaufort (all walking distance!).
Favorite Places to Eat:
1. Beaufort Grocery (reception caterer)
2. Front Street Grill at Stillwater (rehearsal dinner location)
3. Blue Moon Bistro (pricey but awesome food)
4. Aqua (great for Tapas)
5. Clawsons (an old Post Office)
6. The Cedars Inn looks amazing, but we have never actually eaten there (just peaked inside and been impressed).
7. Rolands (North Carolina BBQ)
If you feel like driving in to Morehead City...
1. We love Floyd's 1921.
2. Circa 81 is kind of a hike, but easily our most frequent dinner spot.
3. City Kitchen rocks, but may be closed for the season.
4. You can't go wrong with the Ruddy Duck.
5. Chef 105 is pretty good too.
6. El's (drive-up greasy food with awesome hotdogs)
There are quite a few more good/fun restaurants. Feel free to ask our opinion.
Favorite Places to have a Drink:
1. Backstreet Pub (old bakery, rustic and cool)
2. Rhum Bar (part of the Front Street Grill, rehearsal dinner location)
3. Hannah's Haus easily has the best craft beer selection on tap around, but it is barely outside of walking distance unless you are feeling adventurous.
4. Cru Bar is the perfect place to grab a glass of wine, and happens to be the best coffee shop around!
If you feel like driving to Morehead City...
1. We HIGHLY recommend Arendell Room. They make pretty much perfect mixed drinks. All made with fresh, and classic ingredients.
2. Promise Land Market has great craft beer on tap (and more by bottle) and an extensive wine selection. Their cheese platter is the perfect snack.
Best Coffee Shop:
Had to repeat myself. Cru Bar rocks.
Things To Do
There are plenty of ways to entertain yourself in Beaufort.
One really cool thing is taking a tour on the double decker bus (tickets at the Beaufort Historic Site). They will show you all the historic sites, churches, and homes... including Blackbeard's (which happens to be right next to our new home!).
Downtown Beaufort has quite a few shops and boutiques to browse (some are seasonal).
Boating/fishing is huge around here, so anything that gets you on the water is worth it. I don't know what opportunities will be available in November, but definitely worth looking into. Taking a ferry to see the wild horses on the barrier islands is hard to beat. Cape Lookout (lighthouse) has to be our favorite place to visit by ferry. We have some fishing rod's if anyone wants to simply cast a line off one of the multiple piers around.
Taylor Creek has kayaking and paddleboarding (weather dependent). Atlantic Beach is not far. If you want a more private intercoastal beach try Radio Island.