10 Signs Your Friend Is Jealous of Your Engagement
When you get engaged, you want your friends to be just as happy as you are. But the truth is, some of them might not be. A few of your closest pals may be just a tiny bit jealous of your new relationship status. They could be mad about losing one of their single girlfriends or your friend could be upset that you're getting married before she is. Or it could be a totally different reason that just doesn't make sense.
We've got ten tell-tale signs that she's not as happy for you as she seems.
1. She forces a smile every time you bring up your wedding.
2. She makes self-deprecating comments about being one of the only single girls in your friend group now.
3. She stops listening every time you talk about your wedding or engagement.
4. She makes a rude face every time other friends ask to see your ring.
5. She has something to say about every one of your wedding decisions.
6. She brags about how much fun she's having being single.
6. She obviously isn't happy at any of your pre-wedding events.
7. She puts down your fiance.
8. She tries to just disappear from your life.
9. She talks bad about you and your wedding to your other friends.
10. Every time you say something about your wedding, she tries to one-up you by bringing up something cool from her life.
Convinced she's jealous? If that's the case, sit down with her and have an honest conversation. Try to understand where she's coming from and then see if you can do something to help her out. If she can't bear to hear about your wedding, maybe make another friend your official wedding confidant. Or if she's insecure about not being married herself, find a way to beat that insecurity. Ask her to help you pick out reception decor because she has great style, or tell her that you love her foodie opinion and need help choosing a cake flavor.
Think you might have a jealous friend or two on your hands? Discuss below!
Want more? Right here