The Best Anniversary Captions For Your Celebratory Instagram Post
When your anniversary rolls around, it's important to celebrate the milestone with your S.O. In addition to splurging on an anniversary gift, you might feel compelled to share a thoughtful post on social media too. (Those wedding pictures should certainly see the light of day, after all.) If you're planning to display your love on the 'gram, don't forget to research the best anniversary captions before you post.
Lucky for you, you've come to the experts. We have captions for everything, from your engagement to your bridal shower and wedding day—even your anniversary. Whether you're celebrating one year or a bigger milestone, we've taken the stress out of writing the perfect caption. And if you're picky, we're here for you too. We've curated the funniest, cutest, and wittiest words for you to steal. Find our favorite anniversary captions below, and start crafting your celebratory Instagram post.
In this article:
- Funny Anniversary Captions
- Cute Anniversary Captions
- 1-Year Anniversary Captions
- 2-Year Anniversary Captions
- Milestone Anniversary Captions
- Anniversary Captions Inspired by Pop Culture
Funny Anniversary Captions
Save the emotions for the card that accompanies your anniversary gift. If you don't like getting sappy online, you might prefer something witty or sarcastic. To keep the mood light on social media, browse funny anniversary captions right here.
- Annual reminder to my S.O. that it's our anniversary.
- Happy anniversary! I want to spend the rest of my money with you.
- Marriage is basically an endless sleepover with your BFF.
- No refunds.
- Today we celebrate the best decision you've ever made.
- There's no one else in the world I'd rather have snoring beside me.
- Marry someone who gives you the same feeling as when you see your food coming at a restaurant.
- Being married to me is the real anniversary gift.
- Love this for you.
- Forgot to cancel my 30-day marriage trial.
- My lifetime subscription.
- Stuck with me.
Cute Anniversary Captions
Not feeling a witty remark? Go for something sweet and thoughtful instead. Your anniversary is a sentimental day of celebration, after all, so consider these cute anniversary captions to add to your favorite couple pics.
- Today, tomorrow, always.
- & to many more.
- Same time, next year?
- Cheers to yet another trip around the sun.
- Life with you just keeps getting better.
- Time flies when you're married to your best friend.
- Here's to another year with my better half.
- Yep, saying "yes" to you was still the smartest thing I ever did.
- You will always be my forever.
- The good things in life are better with you.
- Twin flame forever.
- To many more.
- More to come.
- X trips around the sun.
- This day never gets old.
1-Year Anniversary Captions
Your first wedding anniversary is a big deal. After one year of marriage, there's plenty to celebrate—and it's a great excuse to post even more wedding photos (because we know you've got plenty.) Plus, nothing says #marriagegoals like a slideshow of your best pictures from your first year of wedded bliss. Use any of these one-year anniversary captions on social media to give your friends and fam all the feels.
- One year down and a lifetime to go.
- 365 days of smiles, laughs and reminders to take the trash out.
- I remember our wedding like it was one year ago.
- A year later and you still give me butterflies.
- Happy one-year anniversary to the best party we've ever thrown.
- 525,600 minutes as a married couple.
- The first of many.
- One year down and it's only the beginning.
- One year married to you.
- You made one year feel like a day.
- 365 days of us.
2-Year Anniversary Captions
Two years of marriage is worth a celebration too. Your second anniversary is just as impressive as your first. In fact, it might feel even more special. After you've made it past the first year of marriage, the subsequent years are a testament to the strength of your relationship. To honor your second year of marriage, use any of the two-year anniversary captions below for your sentimental Instagram post.
- Two years of marriage means double the fun.
- What's better than one year of marriage? Two.
- Two years down and forever to go.
- 730 days fly by when you're having fun.
- We're here for a good time *and* a long time.
- Two years later and we're just as in love as the day we said "I do."
- 2gether forever.
Milestone Anniversary Captions
Don't stop celebrating your marriage as the years add up. Each wedding anniversary is special, but the milestones are especially remarkable. Whether you've been married for five years, a decade, or more, every milestone is significant to your relationship. If you're looking for milestone anniversary captions, we've got you covered. Choose your favorite from our list below.
- The best love stories never end.
- When did we become an old married couple?
- I remember our wedding like it was just yesterday.
- Yep, I'll still keep you around.
- Every year is a golden year with you.
- The best is still yet to come.
- Cheers to the best decision I ever made.
- X years together… but who's counting?
Anniversary Captions Inspired by Pop Culture
Whether you're a meme expert or you and your S.O. have a shared love for the same sitcom, anniversary captions can come from movies, TV shows and songs. (We love the idea of pulling inspiration from your first dance tune). You know your relationship best, but we're here to help guide your caption research. We've rounded up the most romantic quotes from pop culture to use for your anniversary post.
- "All that you are is all that I'll ever need." ("Tenerife Sea" by Ed Sheeran)
- "You're my end and my beginning." ("All of Me" by John Legend)
- "And we built this love from the ground up." ("From the Ground Up" by Dan and Shay)
- "Some things are meant to be." ("Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley)
- "Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?" ("Lover" by Taylor Swift)
- "Loving you's the antidote." ("Golden" by Harry Styles)
- "Keep all my love forever." ("P.S. I Love You" by The Beatles)
- "I love you. Three words that are divine." ("I Love You" by Frank Sinatra)
- "I have loved you for a thousand years, and I'll love you for a thousand more." ("A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri)
- "It just had to be you." ("It Had to Be You" by Dooley Wilson)
From Movies & TV Shows
- "I love you even when you're sick and look disgusting." (Love Actually)
- "Wherever you are in the world, that's where I belong." (Crazy Rich Asians)
- "I've never liked a smile as much as I like yours." (Schitt's Creek)
- "You are, and always have been, my dream." (The Notebook)
- "It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together." (Sleepless in Seattle)
- "You know you are right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself." (The Mindy Project)
- "This is a once in a lifetime love." (The Vow)
- "I like you very much. Just as you are." (Bridget Jones' Diary)
- "You are the only thing I'm ever gonna need." (This Is Us)