8 Backless Wedding Dress Workouts You Can Do at Home
You won't need a fancy gym membership for this workout. Cassey Ho of Blogilates.com will walk you through eight at-home exercises focused on the backside of your body, including those postural muscles in the upper back. Stick to this doable routine (each move should be done for one minute) for amazing posture and a toned, sexy back you'll want to show off in a backless wedding dress.
1. Walnut Crushers
- In a seated position, extend your arms out to the side at shoulder height while bending at the elbow to make a goal post.
- Roll your shoulders up and back, squeezing back muscles together as if drawing an upside-down U.
- Roll your shoulders back to starting position.
2. Goal Post Puncher
- In a seated position, extend your arms out to the side shoulder height, bending at the elbow making a goal post.
- Drop your hands down to make an upside-down goal post. Extend your arms out to side shoulder height.
- Bend your elbows back to upside-down goal post then bring your arms back to starting position.
3. Reverse Plank Lifts
- From a seated position, extend your legs and place hands shoulder distance apart behind your hips with fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Exhale as you lift your hips up off mat keeping your body in a straight line.
- Return to starting position.
4. Bird Dog Pulses (Right and Left)
- Set up on hands and knees making sure to stack hips over knees and shoulders over elbows and wrists.
- Extend opposite your arm and leg. Keep arm in line with shoulder and leg in line with hip.
- Pulse arm and leg upward slightly returning to shoulder and hip height.
- Repeat on other side.
- Lying on your belly, extend your arms out to the side shoulder level bending at the elbows to create goal post.
- Exhale as you lift your arms and legs off the mat squeezing your butt as you lift.
6. Half Cobra Grasshopper
- Lying on your belly, place hands under shoulders hugging elbows into side.
- Bend your knees and tap your toes together.
- Exhale as you push away from the floor and lift your torso off the mat.
- When back in starting position, squeeze butt to lift legs off the mat.
7. Snow Angel Belly
- Lying on your belly, lift your legs and chest off the mat extending your arms out in front of your body.
- Exhale as you circle your arms around to the back of your body, placing your hands at the small of your back to create an angel wing.
8. Flying Bird Dog (Right and Left)
- Set up on your hands and knees making sure to stack hips over knees and shoulders over elbows and wrists.
- Extend one arm out to the side and extend the opposite leg.
- Pulse arm and leg up above hip and shoulder height.
- Repeat on other side.
Watch the full workout routine here.
Want more fitness routines? Check out 10 core workouts you can do at home.