How To Burn 300 Calories in 10 Minutes
What You'll Need
A pair of 5-8 lbs dumbbells.
Exercise 1:Deadlift to Squat-Press (High tempo)
- Stand with feet about shoulder width apart.
- Hinge at the hips with a minimal bend in the knees and lower the dumbbells in front of your legs.
- Return to your starting position and bring the dumbbells up around shoulder level.
- Squat down and then simultaneously stand up while pressing the dumbbells over head. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
Exercise 2: Swing Squats (High tempo)
- Hold a dumbbells with both hands in front of your body.
- Perform a squat and simultaneously stand back up while swinging the dumbbell until it is just past chest level. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
Exercise 3: Alternating Split Squat Rows (High tempo)
- Stand in a split squat (lunge) position with your feet wide apart as if you are standing on a balance beam.
- Hold dumbbells in both hands at an angle next to your body.
- Alternate pulling back each arm into a rowing motion at an angle while squeezing the back and rear shoulder. Repeat for 20 repetitions.
Exercise 4: Seated Crosses with Sit Up (High tempo)
- Sit on the floor with your dumbbells. Make sure your chest is high and your head is neutral with legs on the floor in front of you forming a "V" shape.
- Bring elbows in tight to chest with dumbbells below chin.
- Punch the right arm across your body to the left while rotating torso. Return to starting point and alternate to the left arm punching across your body to the right.
- After punching each arm, bring both dumbbells back to your original starting position, and lie back onto the floor momentarily, then sit up to your original seated position and begin your alternating cross punches again followed by the sit up. Repeat for 20 repetitions (left punch, right punch and sit up is one repetition).
Tips To Success
Workout in a circuit mode, moving from one exercise to the next with minimal rest. Warmup for about 5-7 minutesAlways finish your workouts with a cool down and stretching routine Perform one set of all four of the above exercises consecutively with minimal rest in between each. Drink water and recover for 60 seconds, and repeat the entire circuit for 3 sets for an intense ten minute workout. If time allows, repeat for a total of five sets.With this in mind, use your best judgement whether your individual fitness level is at a point where high-tempo, maximum intensity workouts are safe and responsible.Never perform an exercise at a high-tempo if you cannot maintain the proper exercise form.
We teamed up with certified personal trainer Doug Rice to design a fitness boot camp exclusively for brides! Doug has helped thousands of brides get the results they need to look and feel amazing on their wedding day. Learn more about Doug and the Bridalicious® Boot Camp by The Knot DVD at TheKnot.com/bootcampdvd. Follow Doug on Twitter (@bridalicious) and Facebook (Facebook.com/bridaliciousbootcamp).