Interfaith Wedding Resources
by Robin Beth Schaer
Planning an interfaith wedding? Here are some must-have resources:
- Interfaith Wedding Ceremonies : Samples and Sources by Joan C. Hawxhurst (Dovetail Publishing, 1997)
- The Intermarriage Handbook : A Guide for Jews and Christians by Judy Petsonk and Jim Remsen (Quill, 1991)
- Celebrating Interfaith Marriages: Creating Your Jewish/Christian Ceremony by Devon A. Lerner (Owl Books, 1999)
- Mixed Matches: How to Create Successful Interracial, Interethnic, and Interfaith Relationships by Joel Crohn, Ph.D. (Fawcett Books, 1995)
- The American Ethical Union, 2 West 64th Street, New York, NY 10023, (212) 873-6500, www.aeu.org
- Dovetail Institute for Interfaith Family Resources: www.dovetailinstitute.org/
- Rabbinic Center for Research and Counseling, (908) 233-0419, www.rcrconline.org/ Has comprehensive, up-to-date international list of almost 300 rabbis who officiate at intermarriages and their conditions for doing so.
- InterfaithFamily.com: Offers Jewish clergy officiation referral service, a downloadable guide to interfaith wedding ceremonies, tips, and more.
- Unitarian Universalist Association, 25 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108, (617) 742-2100, www.uua.org