Laura and John's Real Registry
When Laura and John faced the prospect of a store full of items available to register for, they were a little overwhelmed. The couple was saving for a house, so the majority of the items on their registry would have to be for a space they didn't have yet. With plenty of suggestions from their families, the couple filled out their registry with basics (towels, linens, luggage, kitchen appliances) and then we selected a china pattern they knew they'd love in their future home.
The Couple: Laura Velardi and John Manchester
Their Wedding: September 5, Boston, MA
Where They Registered: Macy's
Laura and John's Top Registry Picks
1. Vera Wang "Lace" 5-piece Place Settings -- "I love this classic and sophisticated pattern," Laura says. "Plus, I like the sentimental value behind receiving such a formal gift."
2. Lenox "Firelight Platinum" Goblets -- "Both of our families are wine lovers, so we look forward to entertaining with this crystal stemware."
3. Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus Food Processor -- "We love the mini-processor's small size and the luxury of no longer having to dice and chop up all our ingredients by hand."
4. Cuisinart Grind & Brew Therma 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker -- "We're both coffee lovers and adore the idea of having a coffee grinder and brewer all in one appliance," Laura says. "Also, when the grinder starts with the automatic timer, it acts as an added 'alarm clock' so the coffee will be ready by the time we roll out of bed."
5. KitchenAid Ultra Power 5-Speed Hand Mixer -- "It has five speeds, comes in several colors, and doesn't take up too much space."
6. Hotel Collection Turkish Towels -- "This is a nice 'homey' item to look forward to," Laura says. "We've had the same towels for several years, but these new ones are more luxurious and comfortable."
7. Hotel Collection "Borderline Nickel" Bedding -- "The look of this duvet cover is sophisticated and will add to the decor of the rest of the bedroom."
8. Charter Club "Down Surround" Pillows -- "These great-quality pillows are extremely comfortable," Laura says.
9. Hotel Collection 500 Thread Count Sheets -- "These are so luxurious thanks to our bed and the high thread count."
10. Samsonite Mobilite 2 Luggage Collection -- "We're looking forward to having brand-new luggage for our honeymoon," Laura says. "Plus, the multidirectional spinner wheels make it easier to maneuver."
> See our editors' top registry picks!