Sarah & Kyle's Real Registry
Since Sarah already had a good collection of basic home items from her days as a bachelorette, she and Kyle focused on registering for gifts they wouldn't have bought for themselves. "They're more memorable gifts because we don't use them on an everyday basis, and it's very special to bring them out when we're entertaining guests," she says. The couple spread out their registry over five stores, including Bloomingdale's and Williams-Sonoma for their large selection of household items (they pegged Williams-Sonoma for "little stuff you don't realize you need until you get it") and Neiman Marcus and Tiffany & Co. for specifics, like a tea set and crystal. At the last minute they added a bridal registry at a fifth store, Bergdorf Goodman, to give guests one more option.
The Couple: Sarah Caplan and Kyle Harman (Check out their real wedding story!)
Their Wedding: November 10 in Norfolk, VA
Where They Registered: Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Tiffany & Co., Williams-Sonoma
Sarah & Kyle's Top Registry Picks
1. Swarovski crystal napkin rings -- "They jazz up any table with the sparkle," Sarah says.
2. Lalique crystal -- "My grandmother loved Lalique, so when I registered I wanted to make sure I received Lalique pieces she used to have. When I look at the pieces, I'm reminded of my grandmother."
3. Faberge wine glasses and champagne flutes
4. MacKenzie-Childs dessert plates and three-tiered sweet stand -- "They brighten up any table and the sweet stand reminds me of tea at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong."
5. MacKenzie-Childs tea set
6. Tiffany Heart bowl -- "I love hearts, so the Tiffany Heart bowl on my table looks amazing."
7. Everyday china -- "I made sure the everyday china I picked was microwave- and dishwasher-safe."
Gifts They Wish They'd Registered For
The entertainer in Sarah longs for a chip-and-dip platter. "When I have guests over at my apartment, I always want to serve chips and dip, and I feel like I never have the right platter and dip bowl for it," she says.