The 5 Items You Need on Your Registy According to Your Style
When starting your registry you want to accumulate a list of things that are totally personal and speak to your style as a couple. The only challenge? Finding that happy medium between "trending now" and "forever timeless." If you go too trendy your favorite pick today might be put in storage fives years from now—too conservative and you lose the personality on your wishlist. First thing's first: define your style and go from there.
If Your Style Is: Classic
Calling all traditionalists: This style is elegant and refined with moments of opulence. It celebrates the beautiful and relishes in timeless details. Fill your registry with expected—crystal, china, sterling silver—and unexpected yet equally luxe, like copper cookware or a brass frame. You'll love these pieces now and years down the road.
1. Not only does copper look striking on your stovetop, it also enhances heat conductivity for better results. Lagostina Martellata 5 qt. copper covered casserole, $180, BedBathandBeyond.com
2. For showing off your amazing wedding photos, of course. Crate & Barrel brushed brass 8x10 frame, $40, CrateandBarrel.com
3. A metallic band adds a timeless and stylish element to stemware. Vera Wang Wedgwood classic banded platinum goblet, $40, Macys.com
4. Perfect for cuddling, and adding a hint of color to your neutral sofa. Gia Italian herringbone throw in Cherry Blossom, $98, LuluandGeorgia.com
5. A charger plate is the ultimate upgrade for a formal table setting. Vietri Rufolo glass charger, $48, Vietri.com
If Your Style Is: Modern
Urbanites and design aficionados gravitate to this sophisticated style with playful touches, which keep it from feeling too stark. Two words sum it up perfectly: exquisite simplicity. Register for functional pieces that are striking enough to double as decor, like a black-and-white clock or sleek kitchen electric.
1. Add some style and illumination to any room with this abstract lamp. Waiting on Martha hand-painted brush stroke lamp in fuchsia, $485, ShopWaitingonMartha.com
2. Wake up happy with the help of this chic and graphic clock. Oliver Hemming snooze alarm clock, $40, Target.com
3. Set the table for company with modern stainless steel flatware. West Elm matte black flatware, $140 for a 20-piece set, WestElm.com
4. These contemporary, elegant flutes are also dishwasher friendly. Crate & Barrel tour stemless champagne glass, $10, CrateandBarrel.com
5. Turn fresh vegetables and fruits into instant power smoothies. SMEG retro '50s slow juicer, $600, Smeg.com
If Your Style Is: Natural
Lovers of nature have an appreciation for the neutral palette and textures (think: wood, stone) of the outdoors. This style skews casual—it's seemingly effortless but curated with intention. Register for a cake stand that can be used on your wedding day and for years to come. Or seek out original artisans for a one-of-a-kind look.
1. Proudly display homemade cakes and pies. AHeirloom walnut cake stand, from $155, AHeirloom.com
2. The perfect addition for your bar cart. Love & Victory ours decanter set, from $108, LoveandVictory.com
3. Bagel-size slots, four heat settings and it looks good on your countertop. West Elm market toaster, $49, WestElm.com
4. Turkish towels that get softer with every wash. Serena & Lily Fouta beach towel, $48, SerenaandLily.com
5. Steak lovers take note: These knives are game changers. Wüsthof Ikon steak set, $300 for set of 4, Williams-Sonoma.com