7 Wedding Hair Trends You’ll See Everywhere This Summer and Fall
We’re calling it now—or, more accurately, celebrity hair expert Kieran McKenna is—that these are the bridal hair trends you’ll be seeing everywhere this summer and fall. Between royal-inspired accessories and elevated ponytails, there’s something for every wedding style. Get inspired by her official hair prognosis, below.
1. The biggest trend of 2018? Going au naturale. According to McKenna, gone are the days of stiff, overdone updos—soft curls, romantic braids and messy buns are all the
wave rage right now.
2. Hair adornments—like small flowers and delicate jewelry—are another trend to look out for. They’ll make any 'do instantly more romantic.
3. It probably comes as no surprise that tiaras are a major trend following the recent royal wedding. But according to McKenna, you’ll want to reach for thin, elegant ones rather than oversize or opulent ones.
4. "Woodland nymph-style" flower crowns are here to stay—especially when paired with a chic, loose updo.
5. Take a cue from the runways and reach for a ribbon—it gives a pony or updo a DIY, relaxed feel, according to McKenna.
6. Thinking of pulling your hair back in a ponytail for your wedding day? Make it wavy, low and loose for a cool, on-trend vibe.
7. Of course updos aren’t going anywhere anytime soon—but the updo of the moment is relaxed and piecey. And don’t be afraid to mix a braid or two in for good measure.
Find the perfect hair stylist for your wedding day on The Knot Marketplace.