★ 2017 Hall of Fame Knot Pick | MN Bride Best Of ★

Unlimited Dance Time ranging from $595 to $1,795. You deserve a wedding dance that your guests will be raving about for months! Bellagala's professional DJs specialize in delivering that perfect first dance and keeping your guests out of their chairs all night long. Get to know all of our wedding DJs at: http://www.bellagala.com/minneapolis-wedding-dj

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

255 East 6th Street, Minneapolis/St. Paul , MN Minnesota (651) 227-1202
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Amy W

Sam was not only our DJ, but assisted Mike and I to shape our wedding day into what we had envisioned. We met with Sam very early in our planning. At that point, we had thought very little about the logistics of our wedding day, being overwhelmed with other check list items, one... Read More of those being to pick songs for our wedding. We were both excited to begin choosing what we would play during dances, grand march and throughout the rest of the night. We met with Sam at a local restaurant in St. Paul. We expected him to take down playlists, songs and wedding party names but we did not expect the level of attentiveness and assistance he would provide us to outline our entire day. He continuously asked us if this was the direction we were thinking, which in the large scheme of things is not a common question you get from working with vendors for your wedding; having someone focus on the greater conceptual vision outside of what they were providing. Sam focused on the larger picture, the atmosphere for the night, the specifics down to pronunciations and awareness of the crowd. Mike and I have similar emotional pulls when it comes to our preference of music. We both embrace the energy music puts into a room. We met with Sam one more time, closer to our wedding to finalize the music. During that meeting, we spent more time having a conversation and developing a bond of friendship. For some, a DJ will play music at a wedding, but for us, Sam not only played the songs, but orchestrated the event and executed our vision. Our lasting memories from our wedding day will include Sam and the service and friendship he provided. Mike and I would highly recommend Sam to be the DJ at your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Melody H

I had the pleasure of working with Tom this past weekend at my client's wedding. As a wedding planner/day of coordinator myself, I have worked with a number of DJ's, but I must say I was really impressed with Tom! He was very responsive to my emails the week during the wedding... Read More in finalizing the timeline and he also provided some great input, too. He was also great to work with the day of the wedding as he checked in with me often to ensure the day ran smoothly and as planned. The bride, groom and their wedding guests were also very happy with him. I look forward to working him Tom and Bellagala again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Brenna R

Mike H was the best DJ ever! He was great at playing all different kinds of music and he always looked like he was having a great time! I would recommend him to any bride or groom with family that is into many different kinds of music! It always flowed together and everyone at... Read More the wedding was saying that he was the best DJ that they had heard in years!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Christine B

Jonathon from Bellagala did a wonderful job overall! Our uplighting made the space look magical and the music selections all evening long were right on par!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Nicole R

Steve Ly was an awesome DJ! He did such a great job at our wedding reception! He was so easy to talk to while preparing for our day. He kept the dance floor packed all night, and knew exactly what to play to keep people dancing and having a good time! He used our requests... Read More and song suggestions along with his own intuition to keep everyone moving! Thank you so much Steve for an amazing night!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Jon E

Our DJ Karon was such an amazing part of our day I can't even begin to describe it. We had countless amounts of people singing his praises during and after the wedding. Prior to the wedding we met with him multiple times to go over details and he made our wedding feel like the... Read More only thing that mattered to him. He's super confident, wonderfully organized, and the best DJ I've ever had the privilege to work with. Highly recommended for anyone looming for an absolute pro.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jennifer F

Theo did a great job at our wedding! He was professional, organizated, and played great music. He made sure that everything flowed smoothly and came extra early to scope out our venue as we had a few different rooms where we needed him.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alison N

John was attentive,m but not overbearing. Very flexible and great with the guests. You could tell he had a lot of fun, and was great with announcements and played all the right music at the right time. Thanks so much, John!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kayla M

Bellagala seeks to nickel and dime you while providing the bare minimum in terms of effort, quality, and service. The main doozy was that none of our sound equipment worked the entire night, and no one from Bellagala (20 minutes down the street) ever showed up to help get things... Read More working again, even after our DJ repeatedly called and asked for help. Other issues that demonstrate it wasn't one hiccup of broken equipment - 1) I was tossed around to various people throughout the company every time I contacted them, leaving me with no real point person. 2) They refused to do anything besides the bare minimum - we asked to transfer some of our money from uplights to ceremony music (more expensive, offering them more money) and they refused. We asked them to bring an additional speaker since we were having ceremony and reception in the same location and would need music to quickly transfer (mind you, paying the additional ceremony fee which is intended to cover moving locations and having multiple set-ups), they refused. 3) Last minute, they stated that we wouldn't be assigned or meet with our DJ until 72 hours before our wedding. They threw a fit when I said that wasn't going to work because that was the time of my bachelorette party. 4) Our DJ shows up the day-of our wedding, interrupts our first look to introduce themselves (hi, busy here). 5) Ceremony begins, mic instantly cuts out. DJ claimed it was our fault and that it definitely couldn't be their equipment. 6) Grand march begins, music and mic continue to cut out. 7) DJ calls Bellagala offices asking to bring a new set up as none of the music or microphones were working, they refuse. 8) Our parents, groomsman and maid of honor give speeches, no operating microphone for any of it. Bellagala has since fully refunded us after our wedding planner and venue coordinator emailed detailing how awful the services were. I told a coworker about our experience and she laughed and said her friend had to get a refund from Bellagala after paying for photography and having it turn into an absolute disaster. If you are thinking about booking with Bellagala, save yourself a ton of hassle and don't. If you have a current contract with them, I promise that the best money you'll ever spend on your wedding is to cancel that contract and ditch your deposit.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Andrea B

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Honglso DJ for our wedding. He was exceptionally nice and very knowledgable on the venue and helped make organizing our event as simple as possible. We only selected a few songs for our playlist, but otherwise was pretty unsure of what... Read More music to include, and he made the whole night very fun and memorable! Mike had also come down with a very bad cold a couple days before the wedding, but he still performed as best he could and stuck it out with us to make our night as wonderful as possible. I appreciated him so much!! Highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Amie W

Justin Martin is more than an amazing DJ he is an amazing person. Justin is very genuine and authentic. From the first time that we met with Justin we could tell that he really cared about his job and our wedding. Justin is also so helpful. He offered us some amazing... Read More suggestions for songs. He was prompt to answer any emails and was organized throughout the entire planning process. He did an amazing job at our ceremony, reception and dance. He had the crowd smiling and dancing all night. The dance floor was full all night long. He took requests from the crowd and had such a nice combination of songs. He even spoke about my husband and I before our first dance. I really felt like he took time to get to know us. He made us feel so special. He went above and beyond and coordinated our sparkler send off! He organized it and it was so beautiful. Our guests kept telling us how much fun our wedding was! What sets Justin apart from other DJ's is that he cares. Our guests could tell that. Many of them commented on that. His authentic approach made our wedding so special. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is an amazing person and made our wedding feel so special. We can't truly thank him enough. Justin is a class act!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicole G

Daniel P rocked it! Everyone was dancing all night long and he made sure our wedding was intereacive with the games we had him MC for us! We had so much fun—thanks Daniel! He also set up our up lighting in all the right places-very happy!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jennifer M

Jonathon Shields was AWESOME!!!!! Our reception was perfect! He kept people on the dance floor all night which was very important to us. And checked in with both myself and my husband many time throughout the evening to make sure it was exactly as we wanted it. I would... Read More DEFINITELY hire him for any event. Great job ! Thank you so much :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sarah L

Our DJ was Karon and he was amazing!!! So helpful and easy to work with. Made our reception so much fun. The dance floor was always full with his help. We appreciated him and are so thankful for the wonderful memories he helped make!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jill J

We worked with Mike H, who was amazing!! When planning our wedding, one of our favorite parts has always been the wedding dance. We went back and forth between a live band and DJ, and felt the DJ would give us the variety we wanted for all of our guests. Mike was AMAZING and... Read More made a fantastic playlist that kept the dance floor packed the whole night. We had many guests come up to us and tell us how great he was and how much fun they were having. Mike also helped the whole night flow and stay on-time, which allowed me and my groom to just enjoy the night! We would both 100% recommend Mike to anyone looking for a DJ to make their night memorable!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Rachel G

We used Bellagala for our wedding 9/30/2017. This was a short notice change after the independent DJ we were working with made us question his reliability. Booking was extremely easy, with no pressure and great information provided by Nicaela leading up to the sale. Keira was... Read More our DJ, she did a great job of going with the flow, we made a lot of changes to the plan in the days and hours leading up to the event, she was ready to tackle them all, and graciously. The event went smoothly, and guests had a great time. Thank you! I would recommend Bellagala, EASY can be very important in wedding planning, and this company was very easy to work with and followed through on expectations.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Samantha D

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Kiera this last weekend and she was phenomenal! Played every song we had requested for each section of the night and added some of her own in that accompanied our song choices so well! She was very sweet and fun, we loved having her as our... Read More DJ! Thank you Bellagala for supplying us with such an awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Barb C

My daughter's wedding was this past weekend and we had DJ Steve Ly...he was extraordinary! He did both the ceremony and reception and was not only well organized, but super friendly and kept the dance floor packed literally all night long. The process this company has with... Read More meeting with clients prior to the event to select songs and also select 'do not play' songs was key in making this event work so well. Every single person has told me that Steve was the best DJ ever and that the music quality and sound quality during ceremony was spectacular. Steve exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Haley W

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Mica as our DJ for our wedding. She was incredible! She did a great job of reading the crowd, taking suggestions, and keeping people on the dance floor. I think what really put her over the top was her ability to immediately adapt the... Read More music as we needed. Little known to me, my maid of honor (sister) planned a flash mob after her speech. Because I had no idea - I was not able to prep Mica for what song they would need or when this would occur; however, the flash mob went off without a hitch! Additionally, my father-in-law mentioned a song during his speech that had special meaning between him and my husband and Mica came up to me after and asked if I wanted her to play it. You could tell she was catering the wedding to US and not just playing a prearranged list of songs. I had multiple compliments about the quality of our DJ throughout the night and days after the wedding. As far as Bellagala as a company - I thought they were really easy to work with. Their online tools are extremely helpful and their questionnaires ask very specific detailed questions that helped us better envision what we wanted. Would 100% recommend Bellagala DJs (especially Mica).

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Samantha B

Tim was awesome! We had such a great time during out wedding. He spent some time ahead of the wedding getting to know us and finding out what we wanted and he could not have made it anymore perfect! Our guests LOVED the music he played. He also set up the uplighting exactly how... Read More we wanted it. He worked with the other vendors to keep things moving and was on top of the timeline the whole time. He made the whole reception run so smoothly. It was perfect. Thanks Tim!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Kayla C

Our Dj was Kristina G and she was absolutely perfect! She played great music and was awesome to work with the entire time. She was super kind and professional, and made sure that during speeches and whatnot everyone was comfortable and ready. She kept us dancing, and even... Read More though I didn't have the most dancy crowd (we knew this would be the case beforehand) I was surprised to see people I didn't expect on the dance floor having fun! She played music that fit our wedding perfectly and I think she was the perfect fit for our wedding, vibe, and theme. I couldn't be happier with everything she did and I would definitely recommend her to anyone in the future! Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Stephanie M

Initially I was a little concerned due to a DJ mix up and needing to reach out to the company as we still had not heard from them two days before the wedding. However, our DJ Steve more than made up for it. I was very pleased with the phone call with him, he was organized, and... Read More made sure to answer all of our questions. He played great music, was responsive to our requests, and kept people of all ages dancing all night. I would highly highly recommend DJ Steve.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kelly L

We got married September 23rd 2017 in St.Paul, MN. We booked our DJ through Bellagala the summer of 2016. Bellagala was recommend to us by our friends who used Bellagala for their DJ services the summer of 2015. The entire process from choosing our package to the day of our... Read More wedding was great! We chose the associate DJ package and our DJ was assigned to us the week of our wedding. Theo B was our DJ, he was amazing! We talked with him the week of our wedding to finalize the details and we knew right away he was the perfect fit for our big day. He was very oraganized and understood exactly what we wanted for music. He kept the guests on the dance floor the entire night! We had a lot of guests compliment our DJ throughout the ceremony, reception and today! Thank you Theo for all you did to make our music throughout the entire day exactly what we wanted! We had a blast!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Lexi M

Bellagala DJ, Jonathan S, was an excellent DJ! He provided ceremony music that added the perfect touch, and arrived in plenty of time to set up ahead of time to ensure he was providing top notch DJ services. During our dinner Jonathan provided mic services and was excellent... Read More about checking in with Bride & Groom about details for the announcements he made throughout the evening. And the best of all, the dance, DJ Jonathan had our wedding guests on the dance floor the entire evening. It was nice that Jonathan could take our specific requests for the evening, and also his own expertise to entertain the entire evening. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Teréz I

We worked with DJ Jonathon Shields for our wedding, and we were so lucky to do so. Jon was on point all night, and checked with us to make sure that everything was going well. He also accommodated our special, last-minute requests like a pro, and we could not have been happier.... Read More If we ever need a DJ, we'll call him first! We also worked with the photographer Amber Johnson, who was fantastic. We had so much fun working with her for our pre-ceremony photos and she captured some really incredible shots. Our families also enjoyed working with Amber, and once the wedding got underway, Amber and her second shooter, Chris, kept snapping photos without getting in the way at all. On the whole, Bellagala was a really first-rate experience, and we could not be happier.

Meet The Coordinator

Mike H

Without question, planning a wedding is a lot work and can certainly be stressful. However, the wedding itself should be anything but stressful! That’s why I look forward to handling all the logistics of your day so that you can relax and have a great time! I love my job, I love to have fun and once the dance floor is open, my top priority is simple: get people out on the dance floor! As your DJ, I want your friends, family and guests to be talking about how awesome your wedding was for many years to come.