★ 2018 Hall of Fame Knot Pick★

UNLIMITED DANCE TIME ranging from $595 to $1,795. You deserve a wedding dance that your guests will be raving about for months! Bellagala's professional DJs specialize in delivering that perfect first dance and keeping your guests out of their chairs all night long. Get to know all of our wedding DJs at: http://www.bellagala.com/minneapolis-wedding-dj

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8a61e330 1677 498d b00a 94b0759eb63a~rs 100

255 East 6th Street, Minneapolis/St. Paul , MN Minnesota (651) 227-1202
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Amy W

Sam was not only our DJ, but assisted Mike and I to shape our wedding day into what we had envisioned. We met with Sam very early in our planning. At that point, we had thought very little about the logistics of our wedding day, being overwhelmed with other check list items, one... Read More of those being to pick songs for our wedding. We were both excited to begin choosing what we would play during dances, grand march and throughout the rest of the night. We met with Sam at a local restaurant in St. Paul. We expected him to take down playlists, songs and wedding party names but we did not expect the level of attentiveness and assistance he would provide us to outline our entire day. He continuously asked us if this was the direction we were thinking, which in the large scheme of things is not a common question you get from working with vendors for your wedding; having someone focus on the greater conceptual vision outside of what they were providing. Sam focused on the larger picture, the atmosphere for the night, the specifics down to pronunciations and awareness of the crowd. Mike and I have similar emotional pulls when it comes to our preference of music. We both embrace the energy music puts into a room. We met with Sam one more time, closer to our wedding to finalize the music. During that meeting, we spent more time having a conversation and developing a bond of friendship. For some, a DJ will play music at a wedding, but for us, Sam not only played the songs, but orchestrated the event and executed our vision. Our lasting memories from our wedding day will include Sam and the service and friendship he provided. Mike and I would highly recommend Sam to be the DJ at your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Melody H

I had the pleasure of working with Tom this past weekend at my client's wedding. As a wedding planner/day of coordinator myself, I have worked with a number of DJ's, but I must say I was really impressed with Tom! He was very responsive to my emails the week during the wedding... Read More in finalizing the timeline and he also provided some great input, too. He was also great to work with the day of the wedding as he checked in with me often to ensure the day ran smoothly and as planned. The bride, groom and their wedding guests were also very happy with him. I look forward to working him Tom and Bellagala again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Brenna R

Mike H was the best DJ ever! He was great at playing all different kinds of music and he always looked like he was having a great time! I would recommend him to any bride or groom with family that is into many different kinds of music! It always flowed together and everyone at... Read More the wedding was saying that he was the best DJ that they had heard in years!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Kelly S

Matt N was the DJ at our wedding on 12/16/17 at Mystic Lake, and he is the best!! Everyone had so much fun, adults and kids, and we heard our favorites and the variety that we wanted! Highly Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Emily B

I had a great time working with Matt N with Bellagala . He made the preparation of the wedding smooth and the event was a blast. We had 20+ kids at the wedding and he did a great job mixing up the music to make sure all age groups were dancing and had a good time. If requested... Read More he does a good r enactment of NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye!! Upbeat, organized, professional, and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Summer K

Kiera G. was our DJ and we were very happy with her! She did an awesome job! She played music that we requested and chose songs that got our guests dancing. She handled the slideshow for us, which was more than she was required to do, and she made sure people were where they... Read More needed to be for speeches and special dances. She took a lot of stress off of us so that we could relax and enjoy our special day. We will definitely recommend Kiera and Bellagala to our friends who are getting married soon.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Betsy C

We booked Bellagala with a discount promo almost a year before our wedding. We were a bit nervous because some communication fell through, but once we got in touch with our DJ, Nicolas, he did a lot to put us at ease. We had some really specific ideas of what we wanted, like fun... Read More 80s party music during the social hour, and Nicolas really embraced our vision, suggesting we use 80s covers by Vitamin String Quartet during the dinner. We were able to discuss all of our wishes and concerns, and he really listened to us. At the reception, Nicolas made sure he talked with us and he checked in with us every step of the way. During the dance, he kept things moving and played a wide variety of music to make all our guests happy. The dance floor was NEVER empty and we heard from so many guests about how much they loved our DJ! Best of all, he kept the music loud on the dance floor without drowning out everything else in the room, so people could still enjoy themselves without having the lose their voices shouting - just like we'd asked. We really couldn't say enough about Nicolas. We had such a great experience with him and would definitely recommend him for anyone else looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Kelly D

Choosing Mike to be our DJ was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! I knew the second we met Mike, that it was going to be a fun night. He lived up to the bill and then some. He has the perfect fun and outgoing personality to make the night a blast for... Read More everyone, but his attention to detail is also super key to keep the night going. We had some special requests, certain songs we wanted to play, and he nailed everything spot on. He was willing to do anything and everything we wanted to make sure that our night was unforgettable. We would recommend him for any couple looking to have a super fun time on the dance floor and having a super easy and smooth flow to the whole night.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Amber K

Bellagala was fantastic!! We interviewed 10+ DJ’s and we’re starting to lose hope until we found BG. We wanted to meet with our DJ prior to booking. The DJ is such a big part of the reception and really sets the tone, so finding the right person was important to us, and Aaron... Read More was amazing. In addition, we used BG for uplighting. My husband is a commercial electrician, and he was very picky about doing the lighting perfectly. BG brought out someone to test out the look with us, and it looked great! Bellagala was a great value for the money.

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Joey S

Mike was nothing short of phenomenal. We’ve been hearing praise from our family and friends for weeks, and for good reason – Mike is the real deal. He was professional, confident, and good humored. On the day of the wedding he was so timely and just… had it together. He kept the... Read More event running as smoothly as our first kiss and when it came time for the dance he was reading the audience like Harry Potter. The song selection was both eclectic but was also perfectly selected for the moment. I kid you not… by the time Gangnam Style was playing the entire dance floor was going nuts. I remember glancing over to his booth and seeing him rocking out like Skrillex. When we first considered our DJ we thought it wasn’t that important of a choice. Mike proved us so wrong. If you don’t go with DJ ‘Slo you’re missing out. Wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Sara B

I was very pleased with Bellagala overall and our DJ Mike H. When I first booked with Bellagala, I talked to a wedding planner/coordinator about the services that they offered and to help me narrow down what I was looking for in a DJ. She was very helpful and not at all pushy. I... Read More told her what was important to me-- keeping the wedding on schedule and keeping people on the dance floor-- and she gave me a few names of people that she thought I would work well with. We choose Mike and met him at Caribou a few months later. Mike was very organized and led the meeting. We told him what type of music we liked, but that we trusted him as the expert to keep people dancing! We ultimately felt so good about our meeting that we didn't really fill out song requests--we were totally on the same page with Mike understanding what we were looking for. Mike also called me the week before to confirm all the details--which was a good thing as some things had changed since we talked last! On the day of, Mike kept everything organized, on time, and moving along. He also quieted everyone down and introduced speakers, which was very helpful. We had slideshow issues--which was unknown to me the night of. I found out later that Mike spent a lot of time during dinner trying to get it work--even though that was in no way part of his job--he did ultimately get it to work and I had no idea there was an issue. As far as the actual dance went, we were very happy! The dance floor was full with the exception of one song (a song that we choose and there were only about 8 people dancing). Mike switched it up after that song and the dance floor was full again. It was full from the start to the end with the exception of one song! Overall we are happy and would definitely hire Mike again.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Corey M

Mica was a wonderful DJ! My spouse and I were looking for a variety of musical styles for our event: classical for the ceremony, 50's & 60's swing for the cocktail hour, modern low-tempo pop for the dinner, and all-out 90's boy bands for dancing. Add in many toasts & dances... Read More and a slideshow, and you can say we had quite the workload. Quite the range of requests! Mica delivered. Our call the week of the event went smoothly - Mica was prepared to walk through each agenda item, making suggestions (i.e. the shoe game) and helping us choose songs. Come the day of the event, Mica was on-time, had everything ready to go, and even had an update copy of our slideshow that I forgot to remind her of. Despite a snafu with the slideshow not playing through Bellagala speakers (the joys of tech!), the event went off without a hitch, including when our evening activity order had to be changed. Perhaps what was most helpful is that Mica was totally on top of technology. Email, Youtube, Google Drive and more were used. Made our jobs immensely easier as we sourced music for the event.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Marc W

Our DJ Mica was absolutely great!! She was very responsive in making sure we got the experience we wanted. She helped make the music during the ceremony (also helping hook up audio equipment to my digital piano) and music during the reception play out how we wanted it to! She... Read More kept the party going the perfect length for us and was able to switch things up for us easily if we wanted it. Thanks for making our day special!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Christine B

Jonathon from Bellagala did a wonderful job overall! Our uplighting made the space look magical and the music selections all evening long were right on par!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Nicole R

Steve Ly was an awesome DJ! He did such a great job at our wedding reception! He was so easy to talk to while preparing for our day. He kept the dance floor packed all night, and knew exactly what to play to keep people dancing and having a good time! He used our requests... Read More and song suggestions along with his own intuition to keep everyone moving! Thank you so much Steve for an amazing night!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Jon E

Our DJ Karon was such an amazing part of our day I can't even begin to describe it. We had countless amounts of people singing his praises during and after the wedding. Prior to the wedding we met with him multiple times to go over details and he made our wedding feel like the... Read More only thing that mattered to him. He's super confident, wonderfully organized, and the best DJ I've ever had the privilege to work with. Highly recommended for anyone looming for an absolute pro.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jennifer F

Theo did a great job at our wedding! He was professional, organizated, and played great music. He made sure that everything flowed smoothly and came extra early to scope out our venue as we had a few different rooms where we needed him.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alison N

John was attentive,m but not overbearing. Very flexible and great with the guests. You could tell he had a lot of fun, and was great with announcements and played all the right music at the right time. Thanks so much, John!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kayla M

Bellagala seeks to nickel and dime you while providing the bare minimum in terms of effort, quality, and service. The main doozy was that none of our sound equipment worked the entire night, and no one from Bellagala (20 minutes down the street) ever showed up to help get things... Read More working again, even after our DJ repeatedly called and asked for help. Other issues that demonstrate it wasn't one hiccup of broken equipment - 1) I was tossed around to various people throughout the company every time I contacted them, leaving me with no real point person. 2) They refused to do anything besides the bare minimum - we asked to transfer some of our money from uplights to ceremony music (more expensive, offering them more money) and they refused. We asked them to bring an additional speaker since we were having ceremony and reception in the same location and would need music to quickly transfer (mind you, paying the additional ceremony fee which is intended to cover moving locations and having multiple set-ups), they refused. 3) Last minute, they stated that we wouldn't be assigned or meet with our DJ until 72 hours before our wedding. They threw a fit when I said that wasn't going to work because that was the time of my bachelorette party. 4) Our DJ shows up the day-of our wedding, interrupts our first look to introduce themselves (hi, busy here). 5) Ceremony begins, mic instantly cuts out. DJ claimed it was our fault and that it definitely couldn't be their equipment. 6) Grand march begins, music and mic continue to cut out. 7) DJ calls Bellagala offices asking to bring a new set up as none of the music or microphones were working, they refuse. 8) Our parents, groomsman and maid of honor give speeches, no operating microphone for any of it. Bellagala has since fully refunded us after our wedding planner and venue coordinator emailed detailing how awful the services were. I told a coworker about our experience and she laughed and said her friend had to get a refund from Bellagala after paying for photography and having it turn into an absolute disaster. If you are thinking about booking with Bellagala, save yourself a ton of hassle and don't. If you have a current contract with them, I promise that the best money you'll ever spend on your wedding is to cancel that contract and ditch your deposit.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Andrea B

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Honglso DJ for our wedding. He was exceptionally nice and very knowledgable on the venue and helped make organizing our event as simple as possible. We only selected a few songs for our playlist, but otherwise was pretty unsure of what... Read More music to include, and he made the whole night very fun and memorable! Mike had also come down with a very bad cold a couple days before the wedding, but he still performed as best he could and stuck it out with us to make our night as wonderful as possible. I appreciated him so much!! Highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Amie W

Justin Martin is more than an amazing DJ he is an amazing person. Justin is very genuine and authentic. From the first time that we met with Justin we could tell that he really cared about his job and our wedding. Justin is also so helpful. He offered us some amazing... Read More suggestions for songs. He was prompt to answer any emails and was organized throughout the entire planning process. He did an amazing job at our ceremony, reception and dance. He had the crowd smiling and dancing all night. The dance floor was full all night long. He took requests from the crowd and had such a nice combination of songs. He even spoke about my husband and I before our first dance. I really felt like he took time to get to know us. He made us feel so special. He went above and beyond and coordinated our sparkler send off! He organized it and it was so beautiful. Our guests kept telling us how much fun our wedding was! What sets Justin apart from other DJ's is that he cares. Our guests could tell that. Many of them commented on that. His authentic approach made our wedding so special. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is an amazing person and made our wedding feel so special. We can't truly thank him enough. Justin is a class act!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicole G

Daniel P rocked it! Everyone was dancing all night long and he made sure our wedding was intereacive with the games we had him MC for us! We had so much fun—thanks Daniel! He also set up our up lighting in all the right places-very happy!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jennifer M

Jonathon Shields was AWESOME!!!!! Our reception was perfect! He kept people on the dance floor all night which was very important to us. And checked in with both myself and my husband many time throughout the evening to make sure it was exactly as we wanted it. I would... Read More DEFINITELY hire him for any event. Great job ! Thank you so much :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sarah L

Our DJ was Karon and he was amazing!!! So helpful and easy to work with. Made our reception so much fun. The dance floor was always full with his help. We appreciated him and are so thankful for the wonderful memories he helped make!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jill J

We worked with Mike H, who was amazing!! When planning our wedding, one of our favorite parts has always been the wedding dance. We went back and forth between a live band and DJ, and felt the DJ would give us the variety we wanted for all of our guests. Mike was AMAZING and... Read More made a fantastic playlist that kept the dance floor packed the whole night. We had many guests come up to us and tell us how great he was and how much fun they were having. Mike also helped the whole night flow and stay on-time, which allowed me and my groom to just enjoy the night! We would both 100% recommend Mike to anyone looking for a DJ to make their night memorable!

Meet The Coordinator

Mike H

Without question, planning a wedding is a lot work and can certainly be stressful. However, the wedding itself should be anything but! That’s why our DJs look forward to handling all the logistics of your day so that you can relax and have a great time. Bellagala DJs love to entertain and once the dance floor is open, it is their top priority to get people out dancing and having fun! As your DJ, we want your friends, family and guests to be talking about how awesome your wedding was for many years to come.