114 Productions Photography + Cinematography

Plymouth, MI

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

485 South Main Street, Plymouth, MI (248) 522-6019

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 K B

If I could give zero stars I would. We had several "meetings" via text with John, but never able to get a call back or even a text back from Sunshine. We tried to be clear about our interests and our preferences for our big day. I am so disappointed with myself for booking 114... Read More productions. It was our biggest expense other than the venue and we were totally let down. They were not even there during half of the speeches, we have zero candid shots, Sunshine took off halfway through the evening with no word, when we had two photographers booked for a full day. They arrived two hours late so they missed the bridemaids' getting ready portion. Because we had been in contact with John the entire time, we had specifically requested him, no notice, sunshine showed up. It was very clear she wanted to get the "standard" "cliche" wedding shots, and get out of there. We specifically said we didn't care about those. She was unenthused to say the least. I am heartbroken that I look back on the day with such fond joyful memories and the pictures do not reflect that at all. All of the truly happy moments of the day were not captured. WHERE WERE THEY ALL DAY LONG? There are tons of photographers in Michigan, go with someone who is newer to the scene, but is hungry to make their clients happy. Go with someone with a creative eye, their stock poses they make you choose from a lineup is pathetic. Capture the natural happiness of the day. Sunshine's assistant could tell I was disappointed, she tried hard at the end of the night to make up for things. It was sadly too late.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Patti S

DO NOT BOOK THEM! My wedding was august 12th 2016. I hired them for video. THEY NEVER SHOWED UP! Being that it was my wedding day it was devastating knowing that it this is my wedding day, and they didn't bother to show! The next morning I called them. No answer. I tried... Read More calling a few times and no answer. I wanted an apology, and never got one. They did refund me my money, but never had the decency to call and apologize for MISSING MY WEDDING DAY! Completely unprofessional! I left them a rather upsetting voicemail. And still no returned phone call or an apology. I can't ever get this day back or get a redo. I would pick any other company then this one! Literally, ANY other company would be better then 11-4 productions! You don't want them to not show up on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Rachel K

I am getting married in less then 8 weeks and I got a text message from 114 productions cancelling my photography and videography services. I booked them over a year ago and gave them 2 different deposits and have had multiple conversations with them on the phone. I am still... Read More waiting for my money back and now I have to shop around for a new vendor. To all my brides out there DO NOT USE 114 productions. They are unreliable and unprofessional.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Brian C

AMAZING! Robin is unbelievably talented. From our first conversation on the phone with Sunshine who helped plan everything to the last email I have enjoyed every interaction. I have had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures and though scenery has a lot to do... Read More with that, I know so much of it is because of Robin. She made getting pictures taken exciting and fun, If it wasn't for our time schedules I would have loved to take more. She captured so many unexpected moments and made everyone feel at ease throughout the entire process. You would feel lucky to have her take pictures for you! I didn't book the video package...however I now wish I did.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Stacy T

I was referred to Eleven4 by my best friend, and I met with Sunshine before my wedding date. We had so many questions and she went through every detail! On my big day, Sunshine was everywhere capturing all of the moments we wanted to last forever!!! She is amazing in so... Read More many ways and we love every single photo! We have them hanging on the walls of our new house, and I smile every morning when I look at them - remembering the feeling of our wedding day. And of course, everyone that visits loves them! I will definitely recommend Eleven4 to my family and friends and everyone else! They were the best decision we made for our wedding day - well, besides to each other :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Grace S

So I literally talked to more than a dozen photographers before selecting the Eleven4 team. I had no idea on where to have it, how to do it, etc. I gave all the photographers a few parameters like - I wanted it simple, I wanted my dog involved and asked for suggestions. Most of... Read More them gave very general suggestions like parks or towns - Sunshine was the only one who gave me an exact location and sent me examples of pictures her and her team had taken there! After I went to check it out and loved the location, and she went as far as to suggest the best times to take pictures there based where the park was facing (east/west) and on when the sun was setting during that time of year. Based on her suggestions, I scheduled the ceremony. Sunshine was GREAT to work with! Our wedding day was hot, hot, hot and when I wanted to quit she was there to encourage us to keep smiling! I totally recommend having Sunshine and her team do your pictures - you will not regret it, I promise!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

Whatever you do DO NOT hire this company. My husband and I got married in November 2013. The photographer did a subpar job on our photographs. However there were enough to make a photo album. We placed an order for our photo album in January of 2015 and were told it would take... Read More three months. We still have yet to receive our photo album or a response from the owners. I left a review on their Facebook page and they deleted it therefore they know I'm contacting them. They took my money and are not delivering the product.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Kimberly K

114 did an amazing job on our wedding video. I loved the cinematic short video they put together for us! They were very professional and most of the time, I didn't even notice they were there. They put everyone at ease! I would high recommend using 114 for all your video needs!

Perfectly captured our wedding day

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Megan M

Our wedding album arrived a few days ago, and we LOVE it. It's so beautiful and really captures our special day. The quality is the best I've seen. Everyone who has looked at it is blown away. It inspired me to write a review of this fabulous company. The first thing I... Read More noticed about 11-4 Productions is the unassailable positive attitude of one of the owners, Sunshine, as well as her co-owner husband and staff. They answered all of my (incessant) questions, via phone, email, and text message, helped me plan the itinerary for the day, and made me feel like I didn't have to worry. Sunshine and her staff showed up on the day of our wedding and somehow managed to be nowhere and everywhere at the same time. They managed to captured every special moment - either by photo or video - yet they blended into the scene and didn't seem obtrusive or demanding. They were friendly and easy to get along with all day. When we got our pictures, we were blown away. Now, I love my husband and find him to be incredibly handsome, but he isn't very photogenic, and he doesn't have a lot of patience for photo ops. Somehow 11-4 Productions made us both look fabulous in all of our pictures. The pictures tracked our day in a way that really preserves our memories, and they also produced numerous stunning magazine-quality, blow-up-and-frame it photos for us to choose from. It was hard selecting photos for the album because there were so many great pictures! Sunshine also convinced us to do the "cinematography" package - which came with a short (13-15 min.) edited "movie" rather than just an edited video. We were leery at first, because we didn't want our day to be focused on producing a movie - we didn't want to hear "go here," "do that," "lean over," "look in his eyes," etc. We just wanted to be natural that day and enjoy it and each other. Sunshine promised they wouldn't micro-manage us, they would just film and put it together, and they did just that. I'm not sure I can express how glad I am we went with the cinematography package. We love to watch and re-watch the movie. It literally brings my husband and I to tears every time we watch it. I'm sure every couple is biased about their own wedding, but I truly believe our wedding movie is the best wedding video of all time! I have a feeling this is always how 11-4 Productions makes its clients feel. The editing, the speech excerpts, the music, everything about it ... It actually makes me fall in love with my husband all over again. The movie is so much better than an edited video. We watch our movie frequently, and we can show it to family and friends without torturing them with an hour(s)-long (boring) video that is only entertaining to the bride, groom and their parents. Our movie is a little over 13 minutes long, set to music, and fun to watch for everyone (at least I think so - ha!). Our photos, album and video are fabulous and will be precious to us for the rest of our lives. We are thankful to 11-4 Productions for its artistic vision and ability to truly capture the day the way we remember it in our memories.

Loved

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Deanna O

We loved working with Sunshine from 11-4 productions. She was very supportive, positive, helpful, and professional each encounter that we had with her. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun upbeat photographer who will enjoy your wedding day right along with... Read More you and get some awesome photos!

They are awesome... PERIOD!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Kyle R

I cannot even begin to sing the praises for Sunshine and her crew. We had full day coverage, for both the groom and his boys and myself (the bride) and my girls, photo AND video! Even with all of the craziness going on first thing that morning, the 11 4 team came in and took... Read More pictures of us all getting ready for the day, without being in the way. Honestly, I forgot they were even there until we were getting ready to leave for the church! They were extremely professional throughout the entire day, and were pros at corralling our crazy families in to get some of the important family shots! If you're looking for a great, fun crew to cover photo and video for your day, you NEED to check into 11 4 Productions!

LOVE 11-4 productions!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Samantha G

My husband and I got married this past weekend and had 2 photographers, 2 videographers, and photobooth from 114 productions and they did not let us down!!!! We had john and his A-team with us all day and they were fabulous! We were running a little bit behind and John did an... Read More AMAZING job keeping me calm and making sure I took time to eat before running out the door for our first look. We did our first look at the law quad at UofM and it was awesome! John even got us into the law library to take a few pictures! The videographers were amazing as well! They kept us laughing all day and night even though it was FREEZING outside! Our photobooth was a huge hit! Everyone loved it! And the scrapbook I got is awesome to look at now and laugh at! I can't wait to get our photos and video back!! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend 11-4 productions to anyone looking for an amazing photographer or videographer for their big day! Sam and Alex.

Great People, wonderful video, excellent experience

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Danielle S

We used 114 productions for our video needs. He had a Skype meeting with one of the owners to discuss an entrance video. Form the beginning, we could tell they were excited. We'll be honest and say we were a little unsure how everything would play out because we decided to go... Read More with something that was way low key and relaxed compared to the exciting and upbeat video they had suggested for us. Communication became a little sparse. We asked who would be there at our ceremony and John gave us a few names, but neither him or his wife (the other owner were on the list). Turns out that later on he told us he would be there. On the wedding day, not only was John there with his A-team, but his wife was also there....surprise!! Even though we did not go with them for photography, they were extremely professional with the photographers and went with the flow of the day. In dead times, they would just shoot the breeze with us. They were all genuinely great people. We chose a same day edit for our ceremony and it was amazing. Everyone loved it, it was beautiful edited, and they captured everything we wanted. We cannot wait for the final product. We could definitely recommend 114

They Are Awesome!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Cassandra C

Thank You so much to 11-4 Productions! Especially Steve and Dominic who were our videographers for the whole day. They were so professional and fun to be with, our wedding was completely outside the box, we had lots of entertainment and they captured everything that was... Read More important to us. I can't thank them enough for sharing in our special day. Also want to Thank Sunshine and John, any time I had a question or was worried about timelines they were there to help me through it all. You Guys are Awesome!!

Highly highly highly recommended; great service, personalities, and value

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 jessica r

114 Productions was amazing on our wedding day. We put them through the ringer and they were so dynamic and fun. Here's what their weekend consisted of: Thursday: 3 Hour Sangeet (pre-party!) Saturday: 9am - Getting Ready (Sikh) 10am - Sikh (Indian... Read More Ceremony) 12p - Sikh Reception 2p - Getting Read Again (Catholic) 4p - First Look / Bridal Party Pics 6p - Catholic Ceremony 8p - Catholic Reception 11p - Finished! They had such a long day with so much running around, but 114 was on top of it. We had them for the complete video and photo package. This is highly recommended. You will save money because it's all under the same company and you'll also get a crew that works well together and doesn't try to fight over each other for the shot. Their personalities were the best part. They were so fun to work with. All of our wedding party, families, and guests were talking about how fun it was to shoot with 114. Everyone loved how 114 got right in the action at the reception too. The guests said they loved how the video shots were right in the action, but 114 was never intrusive. They respected everyone's space, took shots when requested, and got everything they needed. 114 does a good job pre-wedding prep too. They make sure you get them a list of the shots you want, so they know you'll be pleased at the end. We compared this to other weddings, and surprisingly many photographers do not do this. 114 was always on top of their game. We had Sunshine and her team for our shoot. She has a very bubbly personality and is fun to work with. She shot our engagement (twice), Sangeet, and Wedding. I wish we would have had her shoot the rehearsal dinner too, but didn't think of it. The only constructive criticism I have is for Sunshine to be a bit more bossy. With the wedding day being so busy and people running around, it's easy to forget things like smiling big, holding the flowers at the right angle, or whatever. My wife and I are not the most photogenic, so we need a little push from time to time. But in all seriousness, Sunshine is great and will make sure the shot is done right! We haven't had any actual prints yet (other than the photo-signature mat). We plan to order, but our careers have had us moving around a lot lately. 114 did create a really cool mobile app for us to view our pictures on though! So we always have them on the go. When we move back from Singapore, we'll be getting an album for sure! Thanks again for capturing our memories of a lifetime! Jessica + Ben

Excellent photographer & videographer

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Alison M

Beautiful engagement photos and ...soon to arrive wedding photos!

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Alina S

We used 11-4 Productions as our wedding videographer on August 24, 2013. Sunny worked with us to create a package that was tailored to our needs. The crew showed up on time and were well prepared. They worked well with our photographer, who was from a different company. Overall,... Read More they did a wonderful job filming our wedding!

Extremely Talented and well worth it the money

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Amber H

When we booked 114 Productions we were at the Novi Bridal show and were able to meet Sunshine, John and Derly. Their works is truly amazing and I never thought a wedding video could be so beautiful. I always saw my friends videos and they were so boring. Ours is like a movie!... Read More My mom and I have cried at least a dozen times watching it! We had the package with 2 Photographers and 2 Videographers. Derly and Robin were our Photographers and they did great. Very fun and easy going. It was nice having two photographers so Benjamin could have get photos of him and the guys getting ready and I could have one with the girls and I. We got married in Grand Rapids so we did have a travel fee. Which is expected. But they were wonderful throughout the entire process. Sunshine handles all the planning before the wedding and really knows how to plan a wedding timeline! That expertise is invaluable. I highly recommend them!

Very Impressed

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Amanda S

We can't thank Sunshine enough who helped plan our entire day. Derly who took amazing Photos and I wish I could remember the video teams name but it was a tall girl and another young man and they were so great I never even noticed them! I love the photos and the video keep up... Read More the good work!

Best Decision we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Heather S

When we came to meet Sunshine we had a perception that wedding photographs were important but video wasn't that big of a deal. After she showed us their work and we watched all the amazing wedding films we were sold! Now that we have received our pictures which Lauren and Derly... Read More took and watched our amazing video which was shown at the reception the night of, I can tell you that these people are in my opinion the best in Michigan. So wonderful to work with them from the planning stages to now. I can't wait to order my album. My sister and two of my bridesmaids have already booked them for their weddings. I don't know what else to say about how great this experience was other then meet them, Sunshine will help answer all your questions and even help plan your day!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 AMelia Y

To me, the most important service in a wedding is the photographer. After meeting with Sunshine she took all the stress of planning a wedding away. Sadly both Sunshine and her husband John were booked on our day, but we were able to pick from any of their other photographers. We... Read More picked Derly, who we met with at our engagement session before the wedding to make sure we clicked and go over our thoughts and ideas as well as Derly’s. First off Derly is a riot! He’s really funny and easy going, plus he’s super friendly. We were able to go over our entire day and felt extremely comfortable with him. Before the wedding day Sunshine does all the pre-planning as far as timeline goes and also pose ideas and of course all my Pinterest ideas as well. After she finished the planning of the timeline we talked with Derly the week of the wedding to go over any last minute ideas. On the day of the wedding Derly arrived before we did and was taking pictures as we started to come in. The whole day I barely noticed since it went by so quickly, however he was able to keep all of us calm and made us feel very relaxed. The groomsmen can get a little crazy but they seemed to really enjoy how quickly he worked so they could get back to drinking and having fun. Our entire family couldn’t believe how great the pictures he played at the reception were. We are currently in the process of making our album, which you can design yourself online or have Sunshine design for you. I highly recommend them, my only regret is I didn’t get a video. Their videos are amazing and unfortunately we didn’t feel we needed, now I wish I did.

All 5s Not Usually My Style - But They Earned Them!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Christina K

Although I'm loathe to use all 5s, which often implies a lack of thought to the review, I cannot give 114 anything less. The quality of photography and videography were above that of photographers I know friends have paid triple the cost to hire. They're not cheap - not in... Read More cost nor in quality. Now that I have all my photos, I can honestly say that this is the best photography group I've ever seen! Whenever I had questions, and even when I screwed up a form for the pictures I desired, they were friendly and patient, and always reassured me that everything was fine. Sunshine and Amanda were so fun and friendly at the wedding and reception - people either didn't even notice them, or made a point to tell my husband and I how wonderful they were. I should have had their business cards at the tables! We had some unique requests, and they gave me honest opinions about them all. Sunshine respected me and what I was trying to do, and guided me with her experience of what does and doesn't work, to make sure I got what I really wanted. The photo booth was also fantastic, and we walked away with a scrap book of our wedding that very night! Guys and gals - the flowers will die, people will forget the food and the napkins, and will lose the programs. Your photos are what you'll show the next generations, and share together for decades to come. Spend your money with a group like 114 Productions - they were worth every penny and more!

Disappointed with customer service - did not get our album :(

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 K Dionne P

This was the day of our dreams...we paid a hefty amount for photos because we really valued having the memories. Our wedding was beautiful but the photography group is the only thing that I would do differently. I did not get to do an engagement session despite trying to... Read More arrange one ahead of time by traveling from out of town (should have been my clue)....but after paying for my wedding album - their system did not work for us (even though we called them to try to get it completed because we really wanted our photos)...but despite this...we still have no photos....we have called, emailed, traveled there and asked for a 20 min meeting to finalize our book (since the online site did not work - our photos weren't in the right place). We have gotten no sincere imput or help - now we fear we will never have an album. I would not use them again. They handed out cards to our friends and said the online stuff would work without issue even though we were out of town. Beyond disappointed....how could someone be so heartless? These are our wedding photos... :( Very very sad UPDATE!!!! --- This guy and his wife (are a piece of work)! An apology and acknowledgement may have sufficed, small partial reimbursement would be better (we did have to hire another group to edit (many out of focus shots, missed some money shots) and put together an album. The people we hired were sooooo fantastic - it really showed us again how awful the customer service was and how the photgraphy was ok, but a bit mediocre. Bottom line - try other photographers

Great photos and friendly

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Sarah I

2 photographers and 1 videographer package for the whole day. I liked the fact that we could use "points" for extras (to put towards albums, etc.). They weren't very responsive via email when I tried to contact them regarding a few last details a few days before the wedding,... Read More but on the day of, Sunshine and John were great (which is what really matters). They were on time to the salon (Number Six Salon). Ceremony and reception were held in the Westin Southfield atrium, and they had photographed there before- they came prepared with what poses we should do and where we should take the photos. They knew the ins and outs of the venue well, which we appreciated. Wedding was a unique blend of Persian and American cultures, and they seemed to work well with that, capturing all the special details. They were laid back and good personalities to be around (calming). I recommend their services.

Melissa Jones

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Melissa J

Sunshine took my photos and her associate who was in charge of videography was awesome too. They were both very professional and discreet yet very pleasant and easy to work with. Even the guests and bridal party told me they were impressed with the professionalism of the... Read More photo/video team!