20th Century Theater

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

3021 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH

Best Day of My Life!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Sarah B

The owner and staff at the 20th Century are fantastic, and they make everything so easy. They can really be a one stop shop if you are an easily-overwhelmed bride like I was. Everything from the food to the music to the photography can be done by the 20th Century staff. We... Read More brought in our own photographer, florist, wedding planner, limo company, and cake. The food is great, and the salted caramel tarts are to die for! Marc Santangelo is a fabulous DJ, sound and lighting engineer, and MC. They were very generous with their pricing (we had a band do a 1 hour set and were not charged extra since we went with their in-house DJ, there was no cake cutting/plating fee, and vendor meals and kids under 5 were free). We were not even charged extra for a seated dinner instead of a buffet! The fact that there is no time limit is a huge bonus too! My husband and his wedding party got ready there in the afternoon and we partied until 1 AM (I think...)! I can't say enough wonderful things about this classic venue and its talented team. They are no-BS and will get it done to your liking. I had so many compliments on this being the best wedding ever, and I actually believe them. :) Highly, highly recommend! My estimated cost includes: apps, dinner, and open bar for ~140, the salted caramels for ~75, linens and chair covers, videographer, photo booth, DJ, uplighting and lighting package, late night Skyline Bar, valet parking, and champagne toast. I am sure I am forgetting something, but I can't recommend them enough! LOVE THEM! Best wedding ever!

amazing

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Caitlin D

the staff was incredibly helpful. totally catered to all of my wants and needs and then some. prices were extremely reasonable!! i got 1/2 price for doing it on a friday night and free napkins and tablecloths. everyone told me how much fun they had, how good the food was and how... Read More unique and beautiful the venue was. it made for awesome pictures as well! they also planned an entire back up plan for me on in case it rained on my wedding day (it was outside) which put my mind at ease (didn't need to use it though). i would highly recommend them!!!

The absolute best place to get married!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Valerie A

I visited multiple wedding venues before selecting the 20th Century Theater! And I have to say that I am so happy I did. They were amazing, they never said no to anything I asked for. This isn't the typical rectangle wedding reception all. This is an old movie theater, and the... Read More feel of the place is like going into a jazz club. When you reserve your wedding you don't just get a 4 hour time limit the place is yours for the night. Stay till 11pm or stay till 2am. They don't close till you tell them to. We opted for a 4 hour paid bar and after that it switched over to a cash bar. Their chef was awesome. I had so many compliments on the menu after that the food there was some of the best ever had at a wedding. When we went to the tasting if they didn't have items on their menues that I wanted they had no problem adding them. I wanted homemade mac n cheese as one of my sides because there would be many kids attending and they made the most delicious I have had. I was allowed to do anything I wanted as far as decorating as long as I didn't cause any damage to their property. They have an upstairs VIP suite that the wedding party can get ready in and is available all day prior to your event. And let me tell yu I was able to get some great photos up there with my photographer. The house DJ did a phenominal job. Not only did he do the music for the reception he also did the music for the ceremony as well and offered a text to screen option where your guests can send cute texts and he will display them on a screen during the party. His wife is also a photographer and took a variety of photos during the reception for mae as well. I think this is the perfect venue if you want something a little out of the ordinary. Trust me the money is so worth the experience!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Anna R

I never write reviews but this place was too phenomenal not to write one. 20th Century was amazing in every way. They were super laid back (we didn't have to be out by a certain time, we could set up and get there whenever etc etc...) and incredibly accommodating and helpful.... Read More The food and alcohol were great, as was the venue itself. Additionally, they offered a variety of pieces that could be added to table decorations free of charge, and took care of set up and clean up. All things considered they are very reasonably priced, especially for a Friday wedding. I highly recommend 20th Century Theatre, and both the DJ (Mark Santangelo) and photographer (Kristina Santangelo) that work with the theatre. Mark kept the evening running smoothly and played great music with little guidance from us. The kids were having such a fun time dancing that he called last dance several times before actually shutting it down. Kris was with us almost 12 hours before leaving for the evening and took great pictures, her associate was there almost as long and also did a fantastic job as well. All in all the staff were great, they alleviated a ridiculous amount of stress and anxiety through their professionalism, laid back demeanors and knowledge.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Beth D

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the 20th Century Theater! It is, without a doubt, the most bang for your buck, AND everyone who works there is incredibly friendly. I was an out-of-town bride, so I was worried that planning everything would be difficult, but it was as... Read More easy as could be. Mark and Lindsey (owners) were always quick to respond when we had questions, and they were both so nice and helpful (really takes a lot of stress out of planning!) Everything was built in (DJ, food, photography), which is extremely convenient! The DJ (different Mark) is so nice and really works with you to make it personal and what you want. The food here is amazing too - both the appetizers for cocktail hour and the dinner. Usually banquet-type food is just okay, but honestly, this was so good that our guests have still been commenting on it. We have received SO many compliments from guests, in general, about the service and the natural flow of the evening, and this is ALL 20th Century. We were clueless, and they made everything easy and perfect. If you are still considering venues, GO HERE. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Chelsea B

20th century theater was the absolute greatest place to get married in Cincinnati. I'm serious. Please read this so you can book them this minute. My husband and I were just married there this past July. The 20th century team cannot be beaten. The owner Mark is probably the... Read More coolest guy you will ever meet. He will do anything you want for your wedding. ANYTHING. He also is such a genuine and nice guy! The wedding coordinator Lindsey will answer all your million and one emails quickly and knowledgably. She was so incredibly helpful every step of the way. The DJ Mark is the also one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet. He will play any music you'd like and has such an upbeat and personable character. He made our reception so lively and fun, that it went until 3 a.m.! (Also, no other venues allow you to party until whenever the bride wants to leave. How amazing is that?) The photographers are all amazing. Kristina took incredible, clear photos and also took whatever photos we wanted! She is very kind and not overpowering or bossy like other photographers can be. We recieved more than 2,000 photos on flash drives, with no watermark, and we get to keep them all! No one else does that! We also got amazing video footage on 5 DVDs. And the footage is every part of the wedding. I was blown away by how beautifully the photograph and video team captured our day. Chef Greg made "the best wedding food I have ever had" said so many of my guest I couldn't keep count. It was absolutely phenomenal and I ate every bite, as did everyone else. The venue at 20th Century is absolutely beautiful with the stage, huge dance floor, amazing lighting, balcony and so on! The photobooth holds so many people in it for such fun pictures! The valet parking service was fantastic. The list goes on and on. If you book 20th century for your wedding, you will not be sorry. They made Josh and I's wedding absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Jessi E

The 20th Century Theater was AMAZING! The pricing was within our budget, their coordinators were responsive and willing to customize as many details as we'd like, and the staff was incredible the night of! In the middle of our engagement, we moved to Asia for a temporary work... Read More assignment, but the team at the 20th Century made things so easy to coordinate and plan from afar. They let us add a satellite bar, we ordered special wines for the bar (which was surprisingly affordable) and the DJ/Photobooth through Mark Santangelo made the night feel like a party! Mark S was great to work with too and made the night go so smoothly. We projected the photobooth onto the big screen behind stage and our guests LOVED it! What a great night at a great venue!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Amber R

I can't write in words how much I loved working with Mark, Lindsey and Piper and their team at the 20th Century Theater. Our wedding day was so special, and I know they played a large part in facilitating this. From helping us organize our day along the way, creating fun late... Read More night food and them putting together a wonderful & beautiful last minute rehearsal dinner that our families and bridal party, I was thrilled with everything from start to finish. The 20th Century Theater event team is more than attentive and efficient, they're supportive. My husbands wedding ring had been lost and they were turning the venue upside down to find it. It was found later in the evening and one of the guys came up to my husband and said "I TOLD YOU IT WOULD TURN UP!!" and gave him the biggest high 5 and me a hug. Before my walk with my Dad, I was having a quiet moment and the nicest woman came over to me and asked me if I was praying. In a way I was so I said yes. She sat there with me for a moment, gave me a hug and said I looked beautiful and this wedding was going to be that way too. I wish I knew her name, because that moment means so much to me. The team made sure me and my husband had enough to eat and drink during the reception and even packed food for us to take to our hotel if we got hungry later. THE FOOD IS AMAZING. I bet it's because they knew the room service kitchens would be closed by the time we got there. I loved everything about our wedding there. I know your wedding day is supposed to be very special because it's your wedding day, but the team here only enunciated and enhanced all of these feelings. It was and is the perfect place for us.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Katie S

20th Century Theater rocks! I 100% recommend 20th Century as a wedding vendor. Everyone at 20th was so helpful in making sure that my husband and I had the perfect day! The owner, Mark Rogers, is as nice as they come and makes you feel extra special. The DJ, Mark Santangelo, is... Read More AMAZING! The lighting, the music, the food and the service is the best in business. Best reception venue in Cincinnati!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Maura K

We can't thank everyone at 20th Century Theater enough for all that they did to go above and beyond throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. The lighting, the music, the food, the service- everything was spectacular and beyond our wildest dreams. We've had dozens... Read More of guests tell us that the food at our wedding was the best food that they have ever had at a wedding! Lindsey was so easy to work with in the planning process- she was extremely responsive and helpful. Every time I met with someone at 20th, I could tell that the only thing they cared about was giving me the wedding of my dreams- and they seriously delivered! 20th Century thought of all sorts of little details- like providing a relaxing room upstairs forour bridal party to chill before the reception with appetizers and drinks available. They were so quick to offer to supply extra votive candle holders and any supplies we needed for decoration. Beyond all of that, I was incredibly impressed with how reasonable the pricing was for all of the services you receive. They are a one stop shop! The atmosphere was so perfect for a celebration, and a big part of that was all of the work and preparation that the 20th Century Theater put into the night. We used Mark Santangelo as our DJ (through 20th), and we couldn't have been more thrilled with how he MCed the event and with all of the music he played. All of the music was so spot on to what we wanted for the cocktail hour, during dinner, and especially for dancing. I am always the girl who requests a million songs from the DJ- but not once did I go up to the DJ booth to request a song because everything was so perfect. Our guests had an absolute blast, and we stayed dancing until early in the morning! I would highly recommend 20th Century Theater to any and every bride!

Awesome experience

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Kate T

Everyone here was very helpful and polite and a pleasure to work with. Also, everything was included. They provided the venue, catering, DJ and photographer in one package.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

20th is the most fun, accommodating, and perfect venue ever! My wedding was simply perfect. They were so helpful and always kept in quick communication with us. I loved the place because you get the most bang for your buck. I LOVED how it was basically a one stop shop! It made... Read More everything so easy and not so overwhelming! Mark their DJ is so awesome and he really cares about everyone. He was so kind and caring. I would recommend this venue to everyone who wants a non boring and unique event!

Not a stuffy hotel ballroom!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

My daughter held her wedding ceremony and reception at the 20th Century Theater on 10/30/15. The staff is awesome! They were so accommodating. She had a Halloween themed wedding reception and did not want a "traditional" hotel ballroom feel. The staff here bent over backwards... Read More for her. After the ceremony there was a cocktail hour in the lobby while the room was flipped for the reception, which they did quickly and efficiently. I have to give a special shout out to Mark Santangelo, amazing MC and DJ, he kept the party going and everything ran so smoothly and on time! Mark you ROCK!!The chef at 20th is also amazing! We had a plated dinner that was delicious, hot, and served on time. Our guests were served the correct meals and they were very complimentary. Thank you 20th Century for making our night!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Julia F

My husband and I can not speak highly enough of the 20th Century Theater. We had our wedding reception there in April 2015. They went above and beyond, from helping out with the set up from table linens to making sure the table numbers were on the correct table, they even upon... Read More request made a special desert with a candle in it and delivered it to a table for a guest because it was her birthday. Mark was in charge of lighting and music, he is phenomenal, he is a man that truly loves his job. We are still getting compliments on the song selection, he also helped us put together a slide show of pictures to music and displayed it on the theater screen.

loved them!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Megan H

I just want to a start by saying look no further. If your looking for a fun filled evening and great service then this is the place to do it. I started dealing with I believe mark the owner who was so helpful and then his daughter Lyndset was great! They all made me feel great... Read More about wanting to have a done all I did. And by fat mark s there dj was amazing. I could not have asked for a more knowledgable man. He was, there to help the evening flow. I asked to have the nightmare before christmas played that night and he made it all make sense. He kept it fun. 5 months later we still have family and friends tell us they have never been to a better wedding where they had as much fun! The venue was, perfect made for great pictures and an interesting story for our guests to share! Seriously could not have had our big day go any smoother!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Melissa S

So many good things to say! First the venue, especially Lindsey, was extremely responsive. They worked with our schedule since we were from out of town. They offer packages for a variety of budgets and we loved that it was all invlusive. Their in house dj is amazing! The food... Read More was solid and bar service was fantastic. We loved our venue! We got so much for the cost. Our menu was very customized. Fantastic place!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Rachel B

I cannot say enough good things about the 20th Century Theater. First of all, they are so easy to work with. They are willing to customize anything you want - for example, they helped us specially order certain wine & beer for various members of our family. They really want... Read More to help you have the wedding you want. Mark Santangelo helped us with lights and music - he is simply amazing. Even though we didn't hire him as our DJ (we had a computer playlist), he still helped us with the music during the ceremony and reception. The venue itself is obviously beautiful. We had both our ceremony and reception here, and it worked out really well. Plus, we were able to have the venue the whole day - it was really fun to hang out there before the ceremony began. Finally, the food here is excellent, and they give you a lot of options to work with. Overall, I would highly recommend this venue.

Incredible service, food, music & value

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 René B

Lindsey and her team at 20th Century were wonderful to work with in planning our event. She was responsive in helpful to lists of questions and accomodated every request with ease. When you book the venue, you have it for the day, so set up began at 10am, the guys were able to... Read More get ready there upstairs in the pool table room in the afternoon, and we could stay as late into the night as we wished. The food was fantastic and VERY reasonably priced), which is hard to when serving a buffet to 220 people! The staff even made plates for my husband and I so we could sit down and have guests come say hello instead of going through the line. Mark did a fantastic job with the MC/DJing and our guests raved about how much fun the night was - it was a true dance party! It's also such a unique venue that it was fun to design the decor and you could do a little or a lot and it still looks nice.

Perfect Venue for the fun loving couple

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Leah T

I cannot speak higher of the 20th Century and the staff who works there. Everything was perfect and the staff went to great lengths to make sure that the venue was stunning for us. We were so impressed with the professionalism and flexibility from everyone there. They really... Read More treat you like a member of their family and will do anything to make sure your special day is exactly how you wanted it. I am so grateful for them!

Overall Extremely Satisfied!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2013 Jennifer W

Everything turned out even better than I could have imagined. The food was ourstanding and they are extremely flexable. Since they didn't have anything booked for the day before our wedding we had the whole day to come in and decorate and do our rehearsal with no additional... Read More charge. If you decide on this place DEFINITLY go with the DJ and his package. He is for sure the best thing about the place. His name is Mark and I got sooo many compliments on him and the job he did.

excellent venue

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Rachael H

i loved this venue. from the first tour to the last drink, everything about the 20th century was amazing! lindsey was wonderful to work with, the staff was awesome and the food was absolutely delicious. i have recieved nothing but rave reviews from everyone in attendance and my... Read More photos look fabulous. i was looking for an old hollywood/vintage feel for my wedding and that is excatly what i got! the 20th century was the first out of two venues i looked at. this is definitely a place to book if you want quality service!

Amazing customer service.

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Amberly D

I loved 20th. They were quick to respond to any of my questions via email. They were very helpful and the entire staff is just wonderful. I absolutely loved them!

Funky Venue with Everything!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Michelle L

The 20th Century is a great venue that makes it easier because they do it all! Not only is it just cool and unique venue where you can have both your ceremony and your reception but they have catering, DJ, linens and more offered in house. I was planning from 900 miles away and... Read More it was convenient and I was able to communicate with them largely through e-mail and phone. However, it was often hard to coordinate actual meeting times with the event coordinator. And on the day of, my poor husband (who is a vegetarian) had to wait for his food because the order for his vegetarian dish had gotten lost. But the wait staff was very apologetic and quickly got him a new meal. Overall, I would suggest this venue to brides looking for something fun and funky!

Great!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 denise e

They worked really well around our schedule and everything else!

Awesome Venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Katelyn A

20th Century was extremely easy to work with. They accommodated whatever you needed. We received many compliments on how unique and fun our reception was- it seemed that everyone had a great time! My only complaints would be that the wedding party on the stage were not... Read More offered drinks upon arrival and the kids meals were brought late upon request. Other than that, it was an AMAZING place to celebrate a wedding!!! My husband and I would love to go back:)