2616 Commerce Event Center

Ballroom, Museum, Loft, Rooftop, Tented

Service Staff

2616 Commerce St., Dallas, TX (214) 748-5567

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Michelle M

I am so thankful I found 2616 Commerce Event Center for our wedding!!! I wanted something unique and different without being too far out there and after searching different venues in Dallas over a couple of weeks I was actually starting to get a little discouraged that I would... Read More have to settle on a venue instead of finding our dream venue. That was until we walked into 2616. It was everything I was hoping for and Lisa, the venue coordinator was absolutely wonderful and helped make the process and everything we wanted for our wedding so much fun! Our wedding ceremony was in the penthouse and we had just under 150 guests in attendance. After the ceremony everyone moved outside to the Sky Deck for cocktail hour on a gorgeous day!! I was so thankful it didn't rain because this deck and the views were one of my FAVORITE things about this venue and I would have been devastated if we couldn't have used it! After cocktail hour we moved down to the commerce room for a reception that was better then we could have ever dreamed! I'm going to cross my fingers for another event or something so I can go back to this venue. Everything was beautiful and exactly what we pictured and wanted. Thank so so much Lisa and ALL of the 2616 Commerce Event Center staff!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Marisa P

I'm so happy we chose 2616 Commerce as our wedding venue. The space has so much to offer!! We planned our ceremony in the penthouse (on the top floor), then a short cocktail hour on the patio, and reception downstairs. If your looking for an elegant urban downtown loft look this... Read More is your venue! Lisa was an absolute dream to work with. She was so easy to get in contact with throughout the whole planning process. For the ceremony I had a cow skull that I had decorated with flowers and I wanted it hung at the altar and Lisa made it happen! She even helped set up our sparkler send off. She truly made our wedding vision come true. Since the wedding we have had numerous compliments on our venue choice. HIGHLY reccomend this venue.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Jessica W

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here. We had many guests tell us how much they liked the venue. Jill and Lisa helped us make sure everything ran smoothly and the set up/decoration was beautiful. They really help make everything less stressful for you. We had an amazing... Read More and fun wedding! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

Our organization hosted its annual holiday party at 2616 Commerce and we were extremely pleased with the experience. The event required use of the entire venue and took several months for us to arrange the details. Needless to say, we depended heavily on Jill and Lisa to... Read More answer our questions and provide direction. I could not have been more pleased with the process or its outcome of the evening. The day of the event was very well planned and executed by them and they went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I highly recommend 2616 Commerce for your event. Hopefully, we will return in the near future to treat our members with another special evening.

10/02/15 Chris & Erika

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Lisa and her team made sure to accommodate everything we asked for! She was flexible with schedules, and making sure she helped with any questions we had. Loved it!

Amazing venue, frustrating service

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Robin S

We had the penthouse and deck for our reception; the view is fantastic and the price includes much of what is needed- tables, chairs, linens, vases, and some decor. We had a live band, catering, and brought our own alcohol- our caterer provided bartenders, who were incredibly... Read More nice. I highly recommend the space! However, you will have to deal with the planners, who can be frustrating. Our contact gave little advice/suggestions throughout the process, never seemed to be giving us her full (or even half) attention, never remembered what we had talked about in planning meetings, rarely took notes, was slow to respond to emails/calls, never even brought a pen to meetings and left with mine 3 times!! That being said, if you are okay with making your own decisions and following up to ensure follow through on the other end, the venue is TOTALLY worth it!! We did more of a DIY, so it wasn't a problem for us, just frustrating at times. But the space was ready for us and clean on time the day of. We did have to request some changes because they had the wrong tables set out for designated things, like the sweetheart table and the gift table. But, again, I could not have been happier than I was dancing on the deck with my guests to my favorite musicians, with downtown Dallas as the backdrop.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Michelle B

We absolutely loved this venue. It has a great mix of industrial but also plush. Everyone commented on how cool it was and they all loved the rooftop patio. Lisa was also great to work with. The single hiccup we had was with the parking. If you decide to pay for the lot, make... Read More sure you understand the terms. Although we had some issues with the parking, Lisa made it right and we would absolutely recommend the venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Mallory H

We got married here 5/16/15 and it was amazing. Jill & Lisa are great and added little details to our ceremony & reception that really made it complete. Our guests were floored with how beautiful the space is and it was totally "us". I hope we get to return here for another... Read More event!

2616 Commerce Event Center

Reviewed on 5/14/2015

This place is awesome inside and out. After looking at venues for months this one had everything we were looking for. Three spaces available for any occasion. All our needs were met. Staff helps with all the little details, even the stuff you don't think of. Email or call Lisa... Read More for an appointment. You will not be disappointed.

Wedding Day

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Arnetta H

Our experience at 2616 Commerce was amazing! Lisa and her sister was very very very patient with us and our planner. My husband is the one who found this place and when we went to tour it, I knew right away I wanted my wedding at this place. One of the good things about this... Read More place is it comes with over half of your decorations, such as center pieces, table cloths, runners, etc. What you in vision Lisa and her staff will make it happen. Love this place. Also whenever you rent this place you have it all day, which is a big plus compared to other places. I will recommend this place to anyone who is having any kind of wedding, party, etc.

Chocolate & Turquoise-Best colors ever!!

Reviewed on 3/10/2014 Devon C

We really enjoyed our wedding at 2616 Commerce. The lighting, decor and set up was amazing. Lisa did a great job at bringing our vision to life. She went above and beyond our expectations. She took it upon herself to communicate with all our vendors to make sure everything... Read More was in order even if they were not on her vendor list. I only have one thing I was a bit concerned with during the planning process with Lisa. At times it would be difficult to get in contact with her if I wanted to reach her. But once the time came to make sure everything was in order she was definitely on her A game. All in all 2616 commerce was a great experience, I would refer them in a minute and would definitely think of having another event held at this location.

Wedding Reception-October 2013

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Ruby C

My wedding reception couldn't have been better. Jill did an excellent job! She really captured my vision of what I wanted and knocked it out of the park. This place is amazing and I would recommend this to anyone!

Wedding Reception 08/04/13 at 2616 Commerce Events (Dallas, TX)

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Jannifer J. Williams W

Our experience with the 2616 Events staff was phenomenal. Lisa, the lead and my main contact, went above and beyond to ensure our reception was everything we wanted and everything we needed was in place. She coordinated with our outside vendors (decorators, caterer, DJ, etc) so... Read More that everyone knew when they could access the venue and where they could setup. She and her staff exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend this venue. It's a very flexible space with moveable furniture (including the bar) and my decorators called it an open canvas with the ability to be converted into whatever theme or look you want. THANK YOU, Lisa and the 2616 Event Staff...we look forward having another event at your location!!

GREAT PLACE!!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2013 Amanda H

My husband and I were suppose to get married on 4/27/13 but had to push the date up to Nov 17th in order for my husband to take a new job out of state. Jill and Lisa who are the two new managers at 2616 Commerce did an amazing job of coordinating with our caterers and vendors to... Read More get our date moved on such short notice. They also did all of our décor and helped coordinate everything the day of our wedding. The venue was gorgeous and set up exactly how we wanted it. If you are looking for a wedding venue you should definitely check out 2616 Commerce Event Center. They are very flexible there, allow you to use any caterer you want and bring your own alcohol!

Amazing Service!!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2013 Crystal D

I have to say that Lisa has been a huge help with my fiance and I. Her and her sister are very understanding and quick to get back to you! The venue is georgeous and they make it so much easier for the wedding, I definately would reccomend this venue to anyone that asks!!!!!

One very happy Newlywed

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Lisa V

I recently held my ceremony and wedding reception here and had a fantastic experience from the initial site visit until the day of my wedding. I definitely recommend using their wedding planners. It took all of the stress away from planning such a big event. The event... Read More manager, Lisa, is very thorough She spent lots of time with us and thinks of things you probably haven't thought of. She met with me several times and we had many phone conversations while planning the wedding. I was very nervous and always felt better after talking to her. Everything turned out perfect. The reception was beautiful and the guests were all pleased. Several complimented me on how helpful the staff was. I rate this place 5 stars and highly recommend it.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Ana M

I recently had my wedding & reception at 2616. The venue was beautiful. We had our ceremony on the deck which has a great view of downtown. We used the 3rd floor for a cocktail hour so our guests could mingle and have a drink while we finished taking pictures and then the... Read More reception on the first floor. Our event manager realy helped us get alll the last minute things together that day which took alot of stress off of us. I would definately recommend this venue to other brides.

NO GOOD

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 angela c

I requested a quote online and was emailed pricing I then set up an appointment to view the venue. When I arrived at my appointment. The doors were locked and I could not reach anyone by phone. I sent an email asking what happened with our appointment. I did not recieve an email... Read More response or a return phone call. Seems to me they are very unreliable.

2012-08-21T15:47:30 Response from the vendor

2616 Commerce Event Center sincerely apologizes for the unsatisfactory service it has given its customers this past year. We are now under new management and promise you that we will do everything possible to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life. We... Read Less Read More

Disappointment

Reviewed on 4/30/2012 B C

DO NOT plan an event here. Beautiful space, although it is very dirty and cluttered. We had our wedding here and were incredibly disappointed in the staff for the venue. The venue staff is disorganized, irresponsible, non-responsive, they even no-showed us for our final planning... Read More meeting that I confirmed twice in the week leading up to it.......I could go on and on. Randy- I believe he is the owner, will give you every excuse in the book for why nothing is done correctly. They are unable to keep event staff on hand, as we quickly found out in the initial planning stages when one quit and another quit returning our calls/emails altogether. Her name was Karmen Pannell- I believe she is a private wedding planner in DFW area. I would not use her though, very unresponsive- also lots of excuses for why she is always so unavailable. 1) When we arrived for our wedding ceremony, not one table, chair, aisle, or bar had been set up. Our wedding party plus husbands/wives had to scramble around like madmen to set it all up ourselves in a very short period of time. We were told by the venue staff that this would all be done the night before. However, given their terrible track record so far, we made sure to arrive early in case there was a problem. Our hair and make-up was basically destroyed due to all the manual labor we had to do to set up. So much for a relaxing start to your wedding day! 2) The venue staff told us that 150 parking spots would be provided free of charge. As our wedding party started to arrive, we were asked to pay $5 a car. I'm not sure what happened for the rest of the night as we are about to begin communication with our attorneys regarding several of these issues. Luckily, most of our guests had no idea that anything was wrong once we finally got the ceremony started (late, I might add b/c we had no time to get dressed!). This is not due in any part to the 2616 employees/staff/mgmt. The only thing their event staff did for us that night was set up the dance floor after the ceremony. Some of their staff even came upstairs to take decorative trees from our reception to use in another event going on downstairs!! My understanding is that the other event happening on our date had their fair share of problems too. Overall, I'm in agreement with Roger W. Until there is a new manager or owner, I'd never consider this venue again. It's a real shame because it really is a cool venue.

2012-08-21T15:49:02 Response from the vendor

2616 Commerce Event Center sincerely apologizes for the unsatisfactory service it has given to its customers this past year. We are now under new management and promise you that we will do everything possible to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life.... Read Less Read More