A Cake Life

(Serving All Of Oahu), HI

A Cake Life

We specialize in unique, custom designs to create your wedding cake! Whether you’re planning an intimate ceremony or a grand affair, we can accommodate your style. Contact us to schedule your cake consultation.

$$ - Affordable

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

2320 S. King Street, (Serving All Of Oahu), HI

Beautiful Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Patricia C

I highly recommend Kristin for any sort of cake design, small or big. She is so meticulous with each detail and really listens to her clients and works hard to deliver what they envision. My cake was 5 tiers, purple ombre, pearls, ruffles and gum paste flowers. It looked so amazing. Everyone could NOT stop talking about how beautiful it was. We had guava, lilikoi and cookies and creme flavor cake. The cake was moist, perfect texture and tasted delicious. Kristin is organized and has a good response time. During our consolation she was professional and helpful. Great service.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAKES!!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Mu K

Kristin from A Cake Life is magnificent! I had my cake custom made to fit a sea/ocean theme and Kristin got it exactly the way my husband and I wanted it. She even made Nemo and Dora from scratch and they looked just like the characters! The cakes/cupcakes on the other hand are sooo delicious. It's not too sweet like other cupcake vendors and it was so fresh tasting! My husband normally doesn't eat any types of sweets but when I insisted he try her cake/cupcakes he loved them! I'm going to continue using A Cake Life to do my niece's first birthday as well! Love them! Highly recommend you go with them if you haven't chose a cake yet. Thank you Kristin and Staff from A Cake Life! :)

Destination Wedding made easy and DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Erin H

I highly recommend A Cake Life, especially for destination weddings. Kristin created a beach themed cake topper with tiered cupcakes all decked out with seashells, pink pearls, and pink orchids for my reception. She was very personable over the phone, and super thorough and professional with emails. A Cake Life just made it all so easy. I never imagined my cake and cupcakes would turn out as gorgeous as they did. The only downside to any of it was I had a destination wedding and could not take my top-tier with me! It was SO DELICIOUS! I thought I might slide some through security on my way home. Thank you guys for helping to make my day so beautiful!

Absolutely delicious

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Brittni S

For our wedding, we got a two tiered cake as well as cupcakes and cake shooters. We tried a few different places and the taste of the cake at A Cake Life blew everyone out of the water. It was amazing. Fluffy and fresh and delicious. The price was also very reasonable. Additionally, they delivered and set everything up (even out to the North Shore where our wedding was) and Kristen was extremely helpful. We could tell that she just genuinely enjoyed doing what she does. We had a bit of communication problems when it got closer to the wedding, which was very frustrating, but everything worked out in the end and everyone loved the cake. Seriously. So yummy!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Lindsay B

I flew into Honolulu for my wedding (we are from Vancouver, BC) and I had done all my preparations from Canada. The girls at A Cake Life were extremely accommodating and made sure my cake was absolutely perfect. For a destination wedding with a small(ish) budget, the cake was the perfect price for us, and amazing! It was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten.

Albert + Bernadette Gamayo 4/9/15

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Bernadette M

I just had my wedding on 4/9/15 and as I soon as I saw my cake, I was ecstatic! It was so beautiful matching our wedding colors. And the cake itself was amazing! First tier was yellow butter and lilikoi, second tier red velvet w/cream cheese, and my favorite coconut pineapple! Every single guest loved the cake! Their customer service was great.. I had a one day response time to every single one of my questions. Very satisfied! Will use them again for any special occasion!

They're the best ever!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Tiare L

I highly recommend every soon to be married couple to order their wedding cake/desserts from A Cake Life! We ordered a 3 tier wedding cake and 10 mini cakes. It came out exactly how I envisioned it would...even better! Not only did the cakes look beautiful they tasted as good as they looked. Our favorite is the fresh strawberry with buttercream frosting. Everything about their cakes are awesome! Kristin was such a wonderful person to work with. She was such a BIG help throughout the whole process. Thank you again and to the whole team at A Cake Life as well!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Christine P

A Cake Life did an amazing job with our wedding cake!!! From the initial tasting/consultation appointment to the delivery of our cake on our wedding day, Kristin was so friendly and so professional. I already had an idea of the design of the cake I wanted but Kristin helped make suggestions to customize it and even helped to recommend a cake stand that would fit our cake and the venue. I could not have been happier with the way it turned out. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was also very delicious. We chose a classic yellow butter cake with lilikoi filling - it was moist and not too sweet, just the way I like it. And our guests loved it! I will definitely recommend A Cake Life to all my friends and family and would definitely use them again next time I need a cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Kelly K

I loved my beach theme elegant wedding cake and very unique, specific groom's cake!! We are still eating leftovers and love every bite!

10/10/14 Wedding Day

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Sarah W

Kristin was awesome! She worked with my Dad to get my cake done. (My Dad wanted to help with something so I let him get the cake) I found her on wedding cafe and suggested her to my Dad. He was impressed later when he found out she was featured in the knot and on Martha Stewart. (He saw her company in a wedding magazine at a stand and told me about it) She did what I wanted and it looked so beautiful! It also tasted great. My father attended the cake tasting and loved the flavors, he saved the samples for my mom who tried it later. She is not a fan of red velvet, but the sample she ate she loved! She ate it all! I had 3 different tiers with 3 different favors. Her suggestion to have a smaller cake and to not use fondant was definitely helpful as at the end of the night I had just about half the bottom tier left over and I think not using fondant made the cake taste way better. I would use her again for sure and let others know about her!

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

We were so happy with our cake from Kristin and her team! Not only was it beautiful, but also very delicious! We had a 3-tiered cake, with red velvet, strawberries, and oreo flavors. The attention to details on the cake were obvious, we couldn't have been happier, thank you so much, A Cake Life!

Highly Recommend A Cake Life!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Melody C

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Hawaii this past October. Planning a destination wedding from California wasn't easy. We came across A Cake Life after browsing through some vendors on The Knot. Kristin was very fast to reply to our emails! From beginning to end, she was not only professional but also a pleasure to work with! During our consult we were able to taste 6 different flavors. They were all so good that we went with several flavors which included lilikoi, strawberry-guava, and pineapple coconut. We had a beach theme wedding, and the cupcakes matched our theme perfectly! The starfish, sand dollars, and flowers all looked amazing!! In the end, we were beyond satisfied with the wedding cupcake tower she designed for us! The cupcakes were delicious, and all our guests had nothing but good things to say about the cupcakes! We highly recommend A Cake Life, not only for weddings, but for all occassions! Kristin and her team will not dissapoint!!!

A Cake Life is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

I am the sister of the bride...who kinda took over as wedding planner. My sister and her fiance got engaged in early July 2014 and decided to fly back to Hawaii to get married in August 2014 before they moved to Japan in October 2014. Leaving less than a month to plan a wedding. The first place I thought of for their wedding cake was A Cake Life. This was three weeks before the wedding so it was going to take a miracle to see if Kristin and her staff would be free to do a wedding cake...and they were! We were so lucky! Since my sister and her fiance live in California, I was helping with the planning here in Hawaii. Even with such short notice, Kristin was able to squeeze me in for a quick cake tasting and was very patient and helpful in coming up with a cake design that would incorporate cherry blossoms and Tiffany blue that my sister wanted. The cake samples at the tasting were all delicious.but I decided to go with the two choices the couple wanted, which was one layer of vanilla-chocolate marble with chocolate cream and the second layer of guava cake with guava cream. Kristin and her staff were always quick to respond to all my questions and I felt they exceeded my expectations. The cake was so PRETTY! My sister and her husband were both pleasantly surprised and totally impressed on how the cake turned out. The cake was so ono! Thanks again to Kristin and the A Cake Life staff!

A wedding cake to remember

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jeremy O

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Honolulu, Hawaii (Sept 5, 2014) and we were referred to A Cake Life by our wedding coordinator and we are so glad we listened! It was really great working with Kristin and her team from answering our inquiries, designing our wedding cake and choosing the flavors. Our wedding cake turned out exactly what we wished for - a fabulous and delicious buttercream cake that was perfect for our wedding theme. Everyone enjoyed the cake and our guests wanted more! Thank you Kristin and A Cake Life for a wedding cake to remember!

A Wonderful Experience from Start to Finish

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

At our cake tasting and consultation appointment, pre-selected flavors were prepared. Very nice presentation of cake designs: photo books, albums and iPad. Kristin was very friendly and sociable. We felt so at ease with her that we spent part of the meeting talking stories. :-) She was also very helpful and patient in assisting us with the cake flavors and designs. Being a good listener, she took down notes of our requests and expectation. After the consultation, we ended up selecting a 3-tiered butter cream cake with 2 different flavors: pineapple and coconut for the top 2 tiers and strawberry and cream for the bottom tier. Matching scrolls to our invitation, roses and orchids used in the decor of the reception and silver and gold fondant bands at the bases of each tier were all part of the cake design. No details were spared. During the period between the consultation and the cake delivery, Kristin stayed in touch and checked for possible changes before the delivery. On the day of the reception, when I first saw the cake with our decor, I was in awe and rather emotional. It was a masterpiece. (Advice: rent a special table and cloth; and decorate the table with flowers and candles to feature the wedding cake.) By the time, we got to taste the cake, it was so moist and heavenly. Thank goodness we had some left over to bring home, so that we could relive the moment again and again for the next several days. On another note, Kristin was also very quick to refer a videographer replacement for us when she heard that our original one had cancelled on us two months before the event. She will go out of her way to make your dream a reality in every aspect. For that, we are forever grateful. In fact, we have already placed our orders for an anniversary cake and a birthday cake for my dad's 80th birthday with her. Don't think twice about ordering your cakes with her for all your special occasions. You will not be disappointed.

Best wedding cake!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Meagan a

Kristin and her staff did an amazing job on our wedding cake! They were helpful in every step of the process- we are out of state and didn't know anything about wedding cakes in Oahu, but With their help- it turned out gorgeous and exactly how I imagined my wedding cake to be !

Very professional

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Kathryn T

Cake was exactly what I ordered. Excellent!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Leiana K

Kristin and her team were great to work with. We ordered a cup cake tree and had them deliver it to our venue. The whole process was easy and the results were amazing! The cupcake tree turned out to be both beautiful and absolutely delicious! The guava cake with the strawberry filling was to die for! I highly recommend A Cake Life. Great to work with, and the best tasting cupcakes around!

How does cake that pretty taste so good?

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Carrie B

I heard Kristin speak at a Wedding Café workshop a year before my wedding. I was really inspired by her story and promptly began following A Cake Life on all manner of social media. Won’t lie – I had my suspicions. How could cakes that pretty taste good? Full disclosure: I am not a fan of fondant. Don’t hate it, but don’t love it. I knew it could be divisive among guests. I am a purist when it comes to cake so I opted for a very simple, clean design to match the look and feel of our wedding. White buttercream, white cake, coconut filling, with fresh succulents, clementines and babies breath flowers. I’m from Hawaii but live on the East Coast so I had to rely on my parents for the taste testing. My Dad who is not a sweets guy loved it. Kristin met with them personally and they found her very personable. Her and her team were super responsive as there was a lot of back and forth between myself, my planner and her team on the details. They wanted to get everything just right. Loved the end result. So much so – I kid you not – I packed two slices and had them for breakfast the morning of our Honeymoon. Many guests told me how delicious the cake was and I have pictures of people enthusiastically indulging to prove it. I’ll crave another taste of that wedding cake the rest of my life.

Delicious Cake, but Wrong Flowers!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Alaina B

I ordered a two tier cake from A Cake Life for my destination wedding. The cake itself was amazing--two different flavors, buttercream icing, fresh flowers on top.....it was sooo tasty. BUT! I asked for "green, white, and purple orchids (designer's choice) with MAYBE a pop of red". What I got was a cake done with all red roses. My guests didn't know, but I was disappointed.

Nice cake

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Boyi S

A cake life is sophisticated in cake design. Our cake is extremely beautiful and just the way I want. The only thing I don't like is it's too sweet. None of our guests can stand the sweetness. I guess maybe because Asians don't eat as sweet as Americans do.

Great

Reviewed on 4/12/2014 Jonelle F

They were very professional and I was able to reserve everything over email as well as male my payments. Everything was handled without any glitches. I would recommend.

Beautiful and Fresh

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 h p

We sampled cake from two bakers. In the end, we picked Kristin because of her professionalism and focus on wedding cakes. At our cake tasting, Kristin sat down with us to explain all the favours and listen to what we wanted. We were not rushed and there were no distractions. Her cake favours were simple and delicious, and she could do the clean, simple style we were looking for. Our simple 2 tiered cake with horizontal textured white butter cream and an aqua sugar ribbon was beautiful. We were very happy with our choice of coconut cake with cool lemon filling and guava cake with lilikoi cream filling. It was the perfect tropical choice for our destination wedding. Kirstin was also very accommodating. She didn't make us go with our original large cake size after our guest number was reduced by 20 people. She revised our contract and cake size without complaint. This help us go home with less leftover cake. A Cake Life also helped provide a cupcake for our friend's birthday that was shared with our wedding day. We were also happily surprised with the 2 cupcakes waiting for us at the end of the day in our room. The cupcakes were the perfect treat and reminder after the wedding.

Great value and great cake!

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Ellen M

For a small destination wedding, A Cake Life was the best price we could find. On top of that, they were great to work with, super patient, and did everything they said they would.

Beautiful cakes, professional service!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Bridgett M

My new husband and I enjoyed every minute of working with Kristin at A Cake Life! From the moment we sat down for cake tasting to eating leftover cupcakes back home in Alaska, the experience could not have been better. Kristin was always thorough and quick to respond to our questions and order changes. Our 96 cupcakes and beautiful cake topper were delivered in plenty of time to the North Shore even despite extremely inclement weather. I only hope we have another opportunity to work with A Cake Life in the future...birthdays in Hawaii, renewal of vows...who knows, but I certainly hope to find an excuse!

TO A Cake Life