About A Cut Above Catering

Our staff is committed to excellence. From the first phone call to the post event follow up, our dedicated staff team is here to navigate and help you plan an event that meets your needs, tastes and budgetary guidelines. Our staff is a core group of individuals driven by perfection. We are the preferred “Caterer To The Stars” for the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana. Some of our clients have included: Harry Connick, Jr., Willie Nelson, Chris Isaak, Gladys Knight, Tony Bennett, Trisha Yearwood and many, many more. Our professional team of uniformed wait staff, bartenders, event planners, and chefs all work together to orchestrate your event to your exacting standards. Service staff members are well-trained, helpful, and friendly.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

12955 Old Meridian Street, Carmel, IN Indiana (317) 575-9514
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Allison C

Can I give a sixth star? ACAC was AMAZING!! The food was delicious! All my guests loved both the cocktail hour snacks and the dinner. ACAC's staff was great to work with. I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ashlyn B

A Cut Above Catering provided us with a wonderful experience for our wedding - from planning our custom menu to delivering delicious food that guests raved about at the event. We would certainly work with them again for any future celebrations, and highly recommend them to... Read More anyone seeking a caterer in the Indianapolis area! The only minor feedback we have for the team would be improving organization when it comes to the agreement and establishing clear communication of what is included and what is not (at one point we asked for the latest version of our contract and received the wrong one). However, other than that, everything was perfect. Awesome team! Truly "A Cut Above"!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017

A Cut Above Catering did a great job at our wedding. The food was hot, fresh, and delicious! The staff is great - Chef Amy in particular. They have beautiful china options and linens too! They are a bit pricey, but aren't all plated-dinner caterers? The only thing I would say is... Read More that their service charge is pretty steep, and after the wedding they hounded us a bit about giving a large gratuity, which I found awkward and unprofessional as it was not a part of the contract. Otherwise, good food and kind people!

An amazing experience in the end!

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Stephanie S

A Cut Above Catering in Carmel was actually on our venue's preferred vendor list, so my fiancé and I thought we would check them out along with a couple of other places in the Indy area. Our initial interaction with this company was exceptional!! We had our initial meeting over... Read More the phone and the event manager was amazing...we told her our budget, which was fairly small, and what types of foods we would prefer and she came up with some really great and unique ideas. I spent a couple more days talking to other catering companies nearby and decided that A Cut Above was our best bet (and pretty reasonable when it came to the price), so ended up hiring them and sent them a check to secure our wedding date. A couple of weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything back from them so I sent an email asking if they had received the check...it actually took them quite a while to respond back to me, but they finally did. After that, we sent emails back and forth, trying to figure out the exact menu and get it within our budget. Once again, the emails sent back were few and far between and the changes in the contract weren't right. There were spelling, grammar and calculation errors, some of the foods were not right, the taxes were off, a 10% venue fee was missing and then was added so had not been factored into the budget, etc. Finally, I asked what the heck was going on and was told that their company had actually been going though some changes that I was caught right in the middle of. Not cool. Since I had already sent in a booking deposit and didn't want to deal with hiring someone else only two months before the wedding, I decided to move forward with this company despite my newfound concerns and set up a tasting with them. The food at the tasting was pretty good but didn't get me incredibly excited. I love to cook and am super health-conscious, so I tend to be a little picky when it comes the foods I eat...and my body doesn't deal well with loads of cream and butter. That being said, I gave them tons of suggestions when I left to make the food more to my liking but had no clue if they would actually do it. After about a month of still not really knowing what was going on, I emailed the company to ask them a couple of questions and received an email back from Lindsay, their NEW event manager. She emailed me back to let me know that she wasn't incredibly familiar with our event but that she would go over everything and then get back to me ASAP. From there on out, everything was perfect!! Lindsay fixed the errors in the contract and answered all of my questions and concerns in a timely manner (usually within an hour or two). She also had some really good ideas at the final meeting. THE WEDDING DAY...A Cut Above exceeded my expectations! They listened to all of the changes I asked them to make and did a phenomenal job in the end. The food was absolutely AMAZING!! I've had numerous people tell me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (and that stands true for me, as well). Both the food and service were great...would HIGHLY recommend now that they have gotten past the issues their company was dealing with. Amy is an amazing chef and Lindsay is very good at what she does...they make a great team! A+++