Flat Rate Wedding Planner

Flat rate freelance wedding planner here to make your special day A Family Affair 2 Remember! Great references, low rates, here to take the stress off of you! Featured in Chicago Style Wedding Magazine http://chicagostyleweddings.blogspot.com/2015/12/real-wedding-teresa-rodriguez-and-bryan.html Rates starting as low as $800.00 Please contact for more information.

$ – Inexpensive

Engagement Party, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Truly unbelievable value

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

We were just looking for a wedding planner to help us get things done quickly, take a few things off our mind, and keep things under budget. We hired AFA2R - run by Jennarose - to help us, and we had no idea how lucky we were about to become. Jenna singlehandedly took our... Read More wedding from being a formality we wanted to get over with, to being a beautiful and elegant Fall Ball, full of amazing details that made our wedding the most memorable of any of our friends. And we really only gave her about 2 months time to get it all done (not recommended people - start planning early!) We were expecting Jennarose to put in about 20 hours of work (that's what we were paying for) - by the end of our wedding she easily put in over 100 hours. I can't say enough how capable she was and transformative to our wedding. It all started with a pinterest board - take a look at her pinterest board now if you have any doubts: https://www.pinterest.com/jmostacchio/. We sorted through all of her ideas (which were all amazing and right within our budget and the tone we were looking for) to find the right ones. Then Jennarose helped us pick out all of our vendors, kept neat checklists of everything we needed to do, and even let us borrow quite a few items to decorate the wedding at no cost. Then she coordinated everything as the wedding came closer, making sure everything was ready. And finally she coordinated the wedding setup and the celebration itself - which all ran like clockwork. Truly a wonderful experience having Jennarose on our side - and one that I'm sure will go way up in price as people realize how talented she is. Thank you Jenna! It truly was: "A Family Affair To Remember".

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Terrence B

Jennarose was exceptional!!!! She provided professional advice for our special day, even though my bride and myself barely had time to meet with her. As she would say this was her first "Text Message" wedding planning experience, and it was a huge success!!! Not to mention,... Read More she kept us thousands of dollars under budget !!!!! What more could us ask for ?? At the end of the day, I just married the woman of my dreams, and it wouldn't have been possible without Jennarose :)

2016-09-15T10:06:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Terrence! It was a pleasure working with both of you! Yes my first text message wedding! Everything was done via text and we pulled off a great wedding and that CAKE!!!! Well WOW Go Bears!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Teresa R

I don't even know where to begin to describe how perfect my wedding was because of Jenna. She helped my husband and I turn our love of all things rustic and country in to a classy and chic wedding. She understood our vision perfectly and my day wouldn't have been as nearly... Read More amazing without her. What started out as a small initial meeting to discuss me and my husband's personalities as well as how to budget for a 275+ guest list wedding- turned in to a million ideas that got us excited to start planning. My husband and I love whiskey and country music but wanted to stray away from the typical "country music" theme and add more of a 'rustic chic' feel so that the wedding still felt formal and elegant. The wedding was just that and more. Jenna helped us so much along the way and always makes herself available to her brides. I can not even count the number of nervous e-mails and texts I sent her and she managed to take care of it or give me a idea to help guide the planning process. She is so attentive and truly has an eye for small details to make any event perfect. My wedding went off without a hitch. When I saw the ballroom put together I cried. It was everything I envisioned and then some. Throughout the entire reception Jenna was so kind to all guests, made sure my husband and I knew where we needed to be and at what time (without us feeling rushed), and I was honored to have her there by our side. If you are looking for a wedding/ event planner in Chicago look no further. We still talk about how much we wish we could go back to that night and we thank Jenna for it. I am already looking forward to planning my next event whether it be a shower or birthday party and having Jenna help me. I can't wait to work with her again!

2015-10-07T11:48:03 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was truly amazing we pulled the theme off to a T Blake Sheldon made a great song for a wedding! It was great to work with you and Bryan! Congratulation's again and thank you for letting us be apart of your special day!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

Jenna is such a joy to work with in so many ways, from her professionalism to her easy going personality to her attention to detail to her passion for each unique couple she works with. She really wants each couple's wedding to be amazing and personal for them, and she knows... Read More just how to help you figure out what that means for you and how to make it a reality for you. She helped me with so much and she was only my day of coordinator! Jenna loves her job and I am glad I was able to hire her for my planner for my big day this past July.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jessica R

Jenna helped me with everything for my wedding. She really knew what we wanted and was able to get everything we wanted and more! When it comes to the in's and outs of wedding planning she really made it stress free. The planning process was easy, and in the day of everything... Read More was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better planner. She made my dream a reality.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Cecilia B

Jena was nice and everything, but fell short to deliver what was asked of her. This lady was drunk at 12 my wedding did not come at all as to what we had talked about. Because she was aware of her action my photos went missing of which she lied about how it happened, I put so... Read More much trust in her and am sorry to say she didn't do a good job at all. One thing that really made us mad was when de put pictures of me in my dress before I had even walked down the Alise people had already seen my dress before my entrance, she also didn't fellow the plan for me husband and I to get first look photons. By the time I came down someone else had tile my husband that it was too late and that he needed to leave for church. I am so disappointed with her service. I tried to support her but please don't do it unless you have time to tell her every step of the way what you want because she doesn't pay attention to details.

2017-08-15T16:34:00 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry you feel this way but these allegations are false and shocking. I wasn't even at your wedding at 12pm. I wasnt schedualed to be there till 1 i arrived earlyat 12:30. You didn't even have a bar so I could have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Alexa S

I could not ask for a more trust worthy, knowledgeable, and all around amazing wedding planner! Jenna knew EXACTLY what I wanted and helped me make our dream come true. She kept everything organized for us and made sure to stay on top of everything throughout the whole year.... Read More We were never stressed while planning our HUGE wedding because Jenna was so on top of everything and constantly would send us check-lists and reminders. She picked out all of our vendors (videographer, photographer, florist, lighting, band, etc.) and each one was the perfect choice. Jenna has been in the industry for so long that she knows what works and what doesn't- I highly suggest using her for your next wedding. She comes up with small details that most people wouldn't come up with (ex. confetti during the reception while dancing). Thanks Jenna for everything and making my big day so special

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Nora S

If you’re going to hire a wedding planner in Chicago, look no further than A Family Affair 2 Remember. I am a full-time M.D student, so I needed someone who could stand by my side throughout the whole process; someone to handle even the most minute details, the logistics, and... Read More who could understand my demanding schedule. I interviewed just about every wedding planning company in Chicago and in terms of the services, support, and individualized attention Jenna from A Family Affair 2 Remember is in a league of its own, while still maintaining the same price points as its competitors. I was given the option to use my own vendors, or to choose from the wide array of vendors that she referred. While Jenna handles the planning she is - in a way I can’t fully comprehend - able to perfectly capture what you envision. Even if the vision cannot be successfully articulated, she is a master of the craft that she will bring it to life and carry it out, above and beyond all expectations. I am a type-A personality, so naturally I was hesitant to relinquish control to someone I didn't even know, but after my first phone call with Jenna, I knew I was in good hands.. Your search is over, look no further than A Family Affair 2 Remember You WON’T regret it

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Matt C

Thank you for everything. She made our day awesome and run very smoothly. Could not have asked for more.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Carolann B

When my daughter Emily said she was getting married I knew there would be a long to-do list. We found Jenna at a bridal exhibit and she was the best find ever. She took Emily and Matt's list and covered everything from start to finish. Great suggestions, contacts to fabulous... Read More vendors (flowers, cake etc.) She met our expectations and more. If there were ten stars to be had...she earned them. She goes above and beyond. We were not disappointed and I am sure that you won't be either.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Lauren B

I was very pleased with the services Jenna provided on my special day. I left most of the creativity Jenna's hands and she did not disappoint. I could not of been happier on my big day. Thank you again for everything A Family Affair 2 Remember!!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Joseph O

Jenna is an amazing wedding planner. We got to her late, and we were far behind--she quickly whipped us into shape and made sure that ever detail of our wedding was covered. She coached us on what we would want to do leading up to the event and took care of any problem that... Read More arose during the day. She had great vendor recommendations and made sure that we stayed within our budget. I was pleased to work with her.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Carla G

Jenna was the master planner at our wedding. She was very easy to talk to, it was easy to communicate my ideas to her and she understood my vision. As an event planner, she was very meticulous, detailed and followed through with all of the to-dos for the wedding. On the day of... Read More the wedding, she did such a great job of keeping everything together, of keeping everything moving according to schedule and even being instrumental in helping diffuse some tense situation lol. She is that wedding day rock that you need to lean on when everything seems to be falling apart. As a planner she ensured that Most of our discussed details were accomplished and carried out. I got tons and tons of compliments on how beautiful our hall was. The entire wedding was a magical moment and I give Jenna the credit for that.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Julien B

I hired Jenna as a full service wedding planner for my wedding on November 23, 2016 that I was planning long distance. ( I was in L.A. while our wedding was in Chicago.) I was looking for someone that could help be my eyes and ears on the ground in Chicago and when I spoke to... Read More Jenna on the phone she seemed ideal. I hired her back in January and my biggest task at that point was finding a caterer. Jenna and I did some research, reconvened and spoke about the options. I felt as if every suggestion I gave, Jenna would shoot down. It was a little frustrating as I know she has some wedding planner experience, but her opinions were strong. I remember suggesting Reza’s, a well known Mediterranean restaurant in Chicago, and she hated the idea and thought their food was bad. I understand that’s her input but it was a little disheartening to hear. She did more research and came back to me with a few more options and cautioned me about one: Millennium Decorations and Catering. She said their reviews were bad, the caterer was unresponsive, BUT he worked at our venue before and the venue owner had nothing but good things to say about Millennium. Jenna strongly cautioned against it and kept pushing for Greek food, but my husband and I decided to go with Millennium Catering since they were in our budget and had a menu of Puerto Rican food that we love. Throughout the planning process, I found that Jenna was disorganized. Since I was planning from L.A., we convened once a month on the phone to go over timelines and research that was done, but I found myself repeating decisions and timelines already made. Jenna would also push using floating candles as decoration for our venue, but I think I told her at least 5 times that I didn’t want that. In addition, when I tried to have Jenna find quotes on flowers or cakes, she would find quotes, but only provide quotes of vendors she had worked with previously. Most of these quotes were out of budget range too. In the end, I would find my flower quote through my own research and Jenna was amazed at the quote I got and also never heard of the vendor before. My own advice for Jenna on this is to make sure you do more research on vendors. I found all my vendors through internet research so a lot of this can be done if you take the time to look. I believe Jenna also has the organizational tools, she just needs to provide a little more organization on her part. Maybe use gmail and sync it to your phone and have a hard-copy planner in case. She was always on time for phone calls, but sometimes information shared was not able to be edited since she worked on yahoo and I worked from a google account. With that being said, when it finally came to the wedding day, I was impressed by Jenna. We had one issue with our ceremony arch that she took care of that day. Any other issues we had, we didn’t know about because Jenna took care of it. When we got to the venue, everything looked beautiful. When my husband and I asked her to take care of something, she did it. She always asked if I needed anything and stuck to the timeline of the night. She helped make our night stress free and we were able to step back and take it all in. I gave Jenna 3 stars only because of the research and organization issues, but she deserves a 5 for the night of the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Jackie E

OMG! It was an amazing experience planning my wedding with Jenna. When I contacted her initially at 1 am, I was amazed to receive an instant response and this gave me a whole lot of confidence in her. Although when I contacted her initially, we haven't find a venue, but she took... Read More the time to went over certain things with me. A month later, after securing our venue, I called her and she get to work almost immediately, and we became friends right there. She became my to go to person when in doubt, and she is always ready to answer any question with a smile. she refereed me to some vendors,and always willing to help make the journey as smooth as possible. On the big day, Jenna coordinated the event perfectly well, our decoration was superb, my bouquet was just perfect. I could continue to write about how awesome her service is, but the truth she is has a very great personality, she is hardworking and professional.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016

Fantastic wedding planner !! Jennarose pays attention to the smallest details and is there for you 100% ! I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or party ! Truly a pleasure to work with !

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Maureen C

Our daughter was married to the love of her life last night at a beautiful ceremony that was followed by a wonderful celebration. Partway through the process of planning the wedding, Jenna was hired as our wedding cordinator. Throughout the planning process, she guided us... Read More through the process with attention to details and timing. At the rehearsal, she directed us through the ceremony. The day of the wedding she worked with the venue and other venders attending to all the details to ensure a beautiful ceremony and celebration. Jenna worked easily with the venders. Often times I relied on her the convey our needs to the venders and answer any questions that we had. Jenna helped us plan a celebration that was beyond what we had imagined. Throughout the process, I feel like she has become a part of our. family. Thank you, Jenna. Looking forward to April, when you are part of our son and future daughter in law's wedding.

2016-11-27T17:50:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all your kind words! I truly appreciate it all! I loved working with your family and I can't wait to work with you all again! See you in April!!!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Derrick J

Jenna goes above and beyond to ensure the event goes smoothly and the event is exactly as the bride and groom would like! We had great vendors, but Jenna's day of planning was by far the biggest asset to creating an enjoyable and "low stress" event!

2016-11-27T17:48:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Ravi J

It was nice working with Jenna on a wedding. She was always on point and kept in great contact to make sure everything was on time. She is a great team player and even showed up early to make sure things went extra smooth as they did. Her coordination was exceptional and look... Read More forward to working with her again.

2016-11-07T11:24:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ravi! It was such a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you again in the near future!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lynn M

Jenna was absolutely amazing to work with. She is really, really calm, which is helpful especially when the I ( the bride start to freak out!) She is always extremely organized and professional. I also appreciated how much she listened to and supported my ideas. She helped keep... Read More us on track and was able to save us quite a bit of money along the way through relationships she had with vendors. I wish I was getting married again so we could do it all over!

2016-10-31T10:54:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lynn!!! It was a pleasure working with you. Trust me you never freaked out, you just thought you did! I would work with you any time! Remember I don't just do weddings, I do it all!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 justyna b

Jenna is an amazing planner !!! I have got to known Jenna thru doing weddings with her for many years . She is very detailed oriented, trustworthy, fun and very responsible. She is not like a typical wedding planner ( and believe me I meet a lot of them every weekend) , she... Read More actually gets to work and will direct all the vendors and even help with set up. She is always on the top of her game. If you are looking for a planner that will be invisible at your wedding ( like other review stated they wished for) , this is not a case!! There was a reason why you hired a planner !!!!!!!! to be visible, present and making sure that everything is taken care of while you enjoy stress free day of your wedding. I highly recommend Jenna to all my clients and I only get great feedbacks. She must be doing something right!

2016-11-27T17:49:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for all the kind words! I look forward to working with you and your family again on your son's big day as well! See you in April for another flawless event!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennarose M

I am so glad we hired Jenna for our wedding on April 30th. Jenna was the absolute best and I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. She was so calm, managed everything with such ease and even handled my mini wedding day breakdown :) It was also raining on my wedding... Read More day so Jenna went above and beyond to help me get dirt off of my dress. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. Thank you Jenna for everything. Love Anna

2016-10-27T10:28:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Anna for the kind words, it was a pleasure working with you both. Breakdown o no! You were fine! Every bride is a little nervous! I am glad my stories made you laugh and happy. I hope to have the chance to work... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Francesca S

I can honestly say my experience with Jenna was a delight. She was great, attentive, and so helpful. I think if you are looking for a planner you found her. My husband and I were married in September in Chicago and Jenna was great. We felt like we had a fairytale wedding and... Read More our guest had given us the same feedback. Even though I do not live in Chicago and was not able to meet with Jenna face to face that often she did a great job understanding what we wanted. From our very first phone call, I realized how much Jenna knew about planning weddings. Her relationship with vendors made the whole planning process very easy. Jenna is great to work with and I would work with her again anytime. Thank you Jenna for everything.

2016-10-25T15:06:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you Francesa, I enjoyed working with you both! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Christopher Y

I would never recommend or hire this coordinator again. She was thoroughly unprofessional and even extremely irritating. Jennarose seemed to forget that it was our wedding and not hers, and therefore kept giving directives to people that were completely contrary to our wishes.... Read More The worst part of the experience was that she was so focused on taking her own pictures that she failed to coordinate anything effectively, and is found lurking in the background with her camera in literally dozens and dozens of our photos that are more or less ruined because of her. Even when our professional photographers asked her to move or refrain, she persisted and was completely in the way. In my opinion, a wedding coordinator should make the process seamless rather than more complicated. I was so annoyed with her in almost every interaction on the day of the ceremony due to her confusion about her role. Why is a wedding coordinator running around taking pictures for at all unless she is simply focused on using them to promote herself after the event? At one point the officiant and I set up the microphone at the front of the room for the ceremony and made sure everything was placed properly prior to the ceremony only to turn away for a few minutes and find that she moved everything just so that she could take pictures for herself. What is even more ridiculous and even nauseating is the way Jennarose was verbally taking credit for the work my wife and other vendors created with absolutely zero input from her. I had to constantly work to let the experience of this person ruin the most important day of my life. This is not a vendor you should ever use.

2016-10-25T14:18:33 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry that you were not happy with my services. As I had stated when we talked I take pictures at all of my events/ weddings that I do. It also states in your contract that I am allowed to do that for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

If I could give negative stars I would. My review will be very honest. A day of coordinator is supposed to be invisible, not getting in the way of the vendors and my guests. Jennarose seemed to forget that my wedding day wasn't about her. She repeatedly stepped in front of and... Read More got in the way of my professional photographer. Even when asked to step aside she just kept going trying to capture pictures on her iPhone for her website and portfolio. She also must have forgotten she WASN'T the photographer. I have multiple ruined pictures/videos of getting ready and the ceremony and wedding of her in the background with her phone ruining them all. She told my mom when we hired her that we would give us any and all pictures she takes. When my mom asked her for them the next day, she said she deleted them. She posted pictures of MY décor and floral arrangements on her website and Facebook page as though she had ANYTHING to do with how it looked. Again, she must have forgotten that she planned NONE OF IT and was not responsible for what it turned out to look like. She seems to have a lot of role confusion. She was supposed to remain in the background and her main job was to make sure things went smoothly on the day of. Instead, she got in the way multiple times of my photographer and other guests during our first dance and throughout the night. My husband and the officiate set up for the ceremony and she moved it all around so that she could stage it for HER pictures for HER website. Again, YOU AREN'T THE PHOTOGRAPHER. Typically coordinators will take a card from the photographer for pictures later. Not repeatedly step on their toes to get her own on an iPhone. Not only was it obvious to us, but multiple guests told us after the event that they noticed her being crazy and getting in the way. Multiple people asked me how she even made it through the screening process. She is only in it for herself to take credit for the work that OTHER people do. Sure we had check in phone sessions but that was to discuss timeline and task details. Again, she seems to think she had anything to do with the planning and execution and is quick to take credit even though she did not plan any of it. She gave us ONE idea to have a unity wine ceremony and since we used the idea, she certainly reminded us multiple times that we "liked her idea". Again, needs to be sure she takes credit. Unfortunately, I can't re-live my wedding day to be able to tell her to stay out of the way. Now all I have are multiple ruined photos and videos of her intensely getting in the way trying to get her own pictures. I told you this will be honest so I will not say that every single thing she did was wrong. But, I can say I definitely would never recommend her or hire her again. Also, the overall sense I got from most of my vendors (not listing specifically which vendors I asked for anonymity reasons) is that they would prefer to not work with her again either. I have picture and video proof of everything I wrote but don't see a place to upload otherwise I would attach them. It seems like false advertising to post pictures of wedding décor that you had not one thing to do with. Maybe for some of her other clients she helped more with the décor? What I can say is she didn't have one thing to do with how mine turned out. I definitely am not ok with her posting the pictures to take credit all while simultaneously getting in the way all day of my AND being embarrassing in front of our guests.

2016-10-25T14:29:33 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry that you were not happy with my services. As I had stated when we spoke, I take pictures at all of my events/ weddings that I do. As does a lot of other event/ Wedding planners. It also states in your... Read Less Read More

Jenna Mostacchio

What started out as a childhood idea turned into fun as a teenager and college in 2008 at Northwestern for a degree! I always loved to decorate and plan parties. My goal as a wedding planner is to plan the best wedding that is unique to the client and in their budgets. With 50 + weddings all done on my own since 2010 I know I can make dreams come true. At A Family Affair 2 Remember I am here to take the stress off of you the client and make your dream day come to reality!