At A Joyful Occasion in Naperville you will be treated like royalty! Destination diva, trendsetter, or princess bride, your experience at our elegant boutique will be magical and memorable. Couture designers by order and off the rack are always unique and affordable.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Private Appointments Available

1504 N Naper Blvd, Naperville, IL

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Brianna N

Kelly and Susan are probably the best two people on this planet! They make you feel special and beautiful. I was probably annoying (I went back to try on the same 3 dresses 5 different times), but they didn't seem to care in the least! I found my dream dress here (it was a... Read More Cara Fina) and had it altered so it was almost a one-of-a-kind! I have not seen a dress I would have rather worn. I felt beautiful in the store, I felt beautiful at the seamstress (if you are near Shiller Park, check out Mary Catomy... she's amazing), and I felt special and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to this dress, and the work and effort Kelly and Susan put into finding me the right dress. The shop is small and appointment only, but Kelly and Susan make the trip to this store worth it. I hope one day to bring my daughter here for her wedding dress... it was THAT special! I wish I could give it 6 stars!

Wedding Gown

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Melissa M

I had a great experience at A Joyful Occasion! When I first walked in, it seemed a little small and I wasn't too sure about the place. I also didn't think I would be able to afford anything. Susan was immediately very inviting and friendly and asked me what I was looking... Read More for. I explained the type of gown I was interested in, but was a little vague because I still wasn't totally sure what I wanted. I also told her my budget (less than 800). She went to the back and pulled about 6-8 dresses for me that fit my budget and what I described. I loved every single one of them!! They were all absolutely beautiful and it was so hard to decide which one I liked best. Susan is so good at what she does and knew exactly how to help me. I felt like she knew what I wanted more than I did just by listening to me talk. She also added some various accessories that I loved and wouldn't have even thought of! She is great and this place is awesome! Beautiful gowns, great service, and great prices!!

If you want to be listened to, go here!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Amanda B

LOVE this shop! If you want personal attention, to stay within your budget, and especially if you like lace, this is the place! I was able to find my perfect dress in one day because of the amazing help I received here. Kelly and Susan are extremely knowledgeable about each... Read More of their dresses and each of the designers. They made the experience easy and fun - which is the way it is supposed to be! They listened to what I was looking for and went out of their way to find exactly what I wanted. Another place I had gone to earlier that day put me in dresses just because the consultant wanted to see me in them since they were new, not because it was anything close to what I was looking for. What a waste of time. I wish I had gone to A Joyful Occasion right off the bat instead and not have wasted my time at the other place. I was nervous going in with a modest price range, but they worked to stay within my budget and still find me a beautiful, one of a kind dress. I am such a fan of lace, but did not want to look old fashioned. They have a large variety here so I was able to find one I really loved. Not only that, but one of their designers has dresses where you can pick the style you like and then the lace pattern you like. I never thought I would have a custom dress! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Crystal H

I got the dress of my dreams in my price range and in a short amount of time!! All the ladies at the shop were amazing and so helpful! My day was perfect and so was my dress! Thank you for everything 💛💛

A Joyful Occasion was Great

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

The salon was great to work with, very accommodating, and very reasonable pricing!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Kim A

Beautiful selection of dresses and the women who own the store are extremely friendly and helpful. She listened to exactly what I wanted and we found the perfect dress! Made sure to work within our budget as well.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Cat G

My experience with Kelly and Susan couldn't have been any better - Kelly listened to my ideas and helped me find a beautiful gown and design a custom veil, plus styled me for the big day. I felt beautiful and cared for, and both women were professional, yet approachable and very... Read More helpful. In fact, my sister bought her mother of the bride dress and my sister her wedding gown at A Joyful Occasion! Additionally, the salon works with a talented seamstress who worked quickly and beautifully. As a bride living abroad, Kelly was one of my favorite vendors to stay in contact with during the process, and her wisdom was invaluable. I have already recommended A Joyful Occasion to several brides-to-be, and will continue to do so!

wonderful experience

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Gretchen S

My experience wedding dress shopping at A Joyful Occasion was fantastic. I was nervous but they made me feel extremely comfortable. The dressing rooms were comfortable and the attendant would stand outside the room as I got into each dress. They had many dresses that were... Read More around my price range and I found so many dresses that I liked! I am having a short engagement and Susan has gone out of her way to help me.

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Meaghan D

The ladies at A Joyful Occasion were incredible. We had a short engagement 6 months and the women were so great about realistic expectations of what dresses would be available in that time frame. My mom and bridesmaids also found dresses at A Joyful Occasion. They were great... Read More with helping accessorize as well. I had a last minute bridesmaid and they were able to rush order a dress and offered to alter it if we were in a crunch. Would recommend them to anyone!

Paloma Blanca!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Karen J

My sister bought her dress here and so did I! They have a great selection of gowns, especially my favorite designer, Paloma Blanca!! The selection of veils, belts, accessories is great and very reasonably priced! So many people complimented me on my veil and matching belt and it... Read More didn't break the bank! Would highly recommend!

Truly a joyful shopping experience

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jessica Y

This place is great!! Susan and Kelli are fantastic. I had found a dress that I really liked at another store but was unable to get it from there. I showed Susan the picture of it and she brought out a dress almost exactly like it. I tried it on along with some others in a... Read More similar style, but ended up with the first one. They helped me pick out a great belt to go with it. I had gone to some of the big chain bridal stores and gotten awful customer service, so this place was a wonderful refreshing change from that. My dress was ready to be picked up in three weeks!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Trisha J

My experience with Kelly and her mom at A Joyful Occasion can not be compared to any other store or boutique I visited. They were so knowledgeable and personable, they really made my dress shopping experience what I had imagined it to be all along. I came in and knew exactly the... Read More style of dress I wanted which I had not been able to find at the 4+ bridal salons I'd been to prior. They bee-lined it right to MY DRESS - it was the VERY first dress I tried on and it was the one! I had three other appointments in Chicago that day and all I did was play "beat the dress". No one else could compare. Let alone rival the customer service A Joyful Occasion gave me. I live 2.5 hours away and they were very respectful of that fact and worked with me for all of my appointments knowing I was driving a distance. My mother in law was so impressed that she said she is bringing my Sister in law back for her dress when she gets married! Not only were they spot on with my dress they went above and beyond to add custom sequin beading to the entire dress as well to make it look extra amazing and exactly what I'd imagined! Thank you thank you thank you A Joyful Occasion for helping my wedding day dress vision come to life! -Trisha Johnson (soon to be Cox!) :) Edited to add: Zhuleta, the seamstress they use is also AMAZING. She works out of her home and is within a few miles of AJO so very convenient!

2014-09-23T16:45:10 Response from the vendor

Trisha, Thank you so much for the glowing review! I'm so glad you had such a great experience here as that is our goal. Hoping all goes perfectly this coming weekend, we know you will be a GORGEOUS bride! Best, Kelly and Susan

Great Service and Variety

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Annya R

From making my appointment to leaving the store Susan was prompt, efficient and helpful. Upon entering the store she was willing to accommodate my bridesmaids and my mother in a cute small boutique store. Susan walked me through the dresses to ensure she was only selecting... Read More dresses that fit my style. Although at first the selection seemed small I ended up finding she had plenty to offer. She was able to assist me in narrowing down my choices and we briefly discussed bridesmaid dresses. I think she does a great job picking a large selection of dresses for a cost friendly budget.

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Kristen G

We went to a total of 3 bridal gown shops to look for my wedding dress. The 2 other shops just didn't compare to a joyful occasion. I found 2 dressed I loved and kelly and Susan helped me narrow it down. Kelly and Susan were absolutely amazing and helped me see the whole vision... Read More of my dress. I also bought my veil, jewelry, and a hair piece for my maid of honor from them as well. They refered us to a woman who did a beautiful job on my alterations. I couldn't be happier :)

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Jennifer A

This was hands down the BEST part of our wedding! The service was impeccable! I had no clue what style I wanted, but they put me in a gown that flattered my body type in EVERY style! I only looked at this store and only shopped once because I had so many beautiful dress... Read More choices just at this one location. Their knowledge of what looks best on different body figures was really what drove me to make a decision that day! The dress arrived early, the seamstress they use had a perfect fit after only one fitting, and I loved the accessories they had in their store as well!

Great Customer Service and Beautiful Dresses!

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Janice M

Very small boutique store but offers a great variety of dresses! I purchased my wedding dress AND bridesmaid dresses from here. Great quality and within budget prices! Everyone is very nice and genuinely excited for you! The store is open by appointment only, but I never... Read More really had trouble scheduling an appointment. They only have two fitting rooms, so the appointment only helps! I used their alterations services with Zhuljeta. She was super nice and very patient with all the dress alterations! She did a beautiful job!! Thank you Joyful Occasion and Zhuljeta! - Janice and Joe

A calming experience

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Kristen L

How do you know if the dress is the right one? After leaving Kelly's shop, I have full faith; I did not make a mistake. Kelly's knowledge of not only dresses but also accessories and alterations, help make your dream dress a reality. Kelly does not let you settle on a dress.... Read More She is willing to let you stand in front of the mirror as long as you need to get a full vision of what you look like. She sits back as you talk through with your friends and family about your likes and dislikes of a dress but it is not because she is not listening. Instead, she is thinking of what she needs to do to find the dress you envisioned yourself in. As I was trying on my dress-to-be, I talked about how I liked deep V backs. The next thing I knew she explained and showed how a small alteration can make a dress I was falling in love with the one. Kelly does not push anything on you. She gives you ideas of how you can make the dress yours while still staying in your budget. I was unsure if I wanted bling or not and Kelly showed me many options of different ways to incorporate bling not only in my dress but also in my veil, flowers and shoes! Kelly takes her time with each of her clients and makes the experience personal. I did not feel like I was just an appointment in her book, instead I was someone she wanted to make beautiful for my special wedding day. I cannot wait to go back to the shop to get my actual dress!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Kasey A

This was by far better than I could have ever imagined my experience would be! Kelly provided me outstanding customer service. She really took the time to figure out what I was looking for in my wedding gown, and was able to find dresses I absolutely loved. She actually picked... Read More out MY dress :)!! I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for the most relaxing wedding dress shopping experience! I was never pressured to purchase anything, and Kelly definitely kept in mind my budget when looking for dresses. I even got my bridesmaid dresses that same day. Overall, it was an incredible experience for me!

Great find.

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Leslie S

We went all over the city of chicago but it wasn't until I went to this lovely place that I found my dress!!

Amazing service + beautiful affordable dresses

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Cassandra R

I would recommend this cute, intimate dress shop to anyone - especially those looking for options under $1500. I was told by several other shops when I called that "they only had a few dresses that MIGHT fit my budget." When we showed up for my appointment at A Joyful... Read More Occasion, Susan immediately made us feel welcome and comfortable. She gave me plenty of dress options that would fit my budget and knew everything there was to know about each dress. She also gave me a GREAT deal on my accessories so I would stay in my budget. They also use a seamstress who did a beautiful job on my bustle and my other alterations. (Her prices are very reasonable as well). The day of my dress was stunning. So thankful to A Joyful Occasion for making dress shopping so fun and enjoyable!

A Great Bridal Experience

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Shannon H

After searching unsuccessfully for my dress at some larger stores, a friend recommended A Joyful Occasion, which turned out to be just the place I needed. I found my dress here and was so pleased with my dress as well as the experience. The staff was helpful, especially... Read More Susan! When I came back a second time to try on the dress again with my friends, it was a great and fun experience. I felt that the pricing was also fair and we had no problem finding a dress with the budget. While this is a smaller store, there is still a nice variety of dresses and definitely worth a look.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Amanda Glover

I found my dream dress at A Joyful Occasion and Susan and the rest of the staff were so helpful and flexible! It is a small shop which made my shopping experience so personal and perfect!

go to joyful occasion for your dress!

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Dayna C

I started looking for wedding dresses at David's Bridal and House of Brides and started getting frustrated with the process...then I went to Joyful Occasion in Naperville. They only take 1 bridal appointment at a time so you are the only one there and 100% their focus. Susan... Read More was SO pleasant to work with, asking me about budget and style before allowing me to pull dresses and also pulling some for me. Susan is the one that found my wedding dress for me and I LOVED it. She worked within my budget and then stayed in communication with me via email after I picked it out. Their small business atmosphere and focus on the bride was exactly what I loved about this store as opposed to the "big box chain" bridal shops. Susan really makes you feel special and you can tell she loves what she does. It was a great experience!

was amazing.

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Julie J

Suzan worked with me from the beginning. I gave her my budget and my likes/dislikes. Never once did she try to sell me a dress outside my budget. My dress ended up being $50 over and she felt so bad that she gave me my veil for free! She always gave me and my mom her full... Read More attention. Wonderful woman. I would send everyone I could to her.

Perfect Dress and Perfect Service

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Theresa K

I loved my experience at A Joyful Occasion! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wedding dress on a reasonable budget or anyone just looking for a pleasant, suburban wedding dress shopping experience. The two ladies who own and work in the shop were very helpful in... Read More suggesting different dresses for my body type that were within my budget. I ended up going with a dress that was recommended to me, even though it originally was not the style I was thinking for my wedding dress (I went with a La Sposa dress, just over $1500). The whole experience (shopping for dresses, ordering the dress, getting the dress on time, and taking it to their recommended seamstress) was flawless!

TO A Joyful Occasion