Wedding Dresses, Private Appointments Available

1504 North Naper Blvd, Naperville, IL (630) 245-8500

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Colleen Z

One of my favorite vendors of my wedding was A Joyful Occasion. I shopped at a few other local stores for my dress, but none of them compared. I also got a blingy belt and earrings here to complete my look. In shopping, Susan asked what silhouette and features of the dress I... Read More wanted and first tried to give me those to try on. When it became clear to everyone else but me that those were not going to work, she came out with what turned out to be my dream dress, a White One by Pronovias strapless with satin ball gown. It was super affordable and in-budget, but to me it could have been a $6,000 dress from Kleinfeld. I ordered the dress a year ahead of time, and did have a design/shipping problem, but Susan was able to strongly talk to the designer/factory and get the correct color dress reshipped and in hand 6 months before the big day. I had to get extra netting/tulle to make my off the shoulder sleeves, and Susan gave it to me at no charge. The local seamstress they recommend, Zhuljeta, was phenomenal. She made my dress even more perfect, with all the alterations I designed for it. Hope they stay in business for a long time and help even more brides dreams come true.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jamie K

The boutique I went to before AJO was not a good experience. I felt like I was being rushed and not given much attention because it was so busy. I literally had 20 dresses in my dressing room at one point and felt overwhelmed. Not at AJO. The ladies were wonderfully patient and... Read More gave me one dress at a time so I didn't feel so rushed. They actually LISTENED to what I wanted in a wedding gown. I felt like I was the only bride in the world. They were also very direct and made sure that I got everything I wanted. I highly recommend AJO if you want personalized and professional service.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Bridget T

The team at A Joyful Occasion was so nice and professional. I LOVED my dress and the experience! I was able to purchase the sample size and got a nice discount, even though the dress was in great condition! The tailor they work with also comes highly recommended!!! Wonderful... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Mary K

My experience at Joyful Occassion was exactly how I imagined trying on dresses would be. I had two appointments at other places and I canceled them because I didn't even want to compare - when you know, you know. They are by appointment only, which is nice because you are the... Read More focus. The salon is smaller so it is not an overwhelming amount of dresses, however, they did have a variety of styles and designers. The owners also provide honest feedback and let you take your time deciding - the icing on the cake was when I put on the veil and the belt to bring the whole look together. I couldn't be happier with giving my business to this salon.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Ashley B

Susan and Kelly at a Joyful Occasion were one of the best and my most favorite people to work with during my wedding planning. They helped me find my dream dress and went above and beyond for me, calming my nerves until the big day, and are still helping me with dress even after... Read More my wedding! Don't let the size of their shop fool you. If is filled with beautiful options in many different styles. They are so knowledgeable and kind! They truly care that you always leave happy! I cannot say enough good things about them!! Thank you for all that you do!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Natalie H

I was in a bit of a time crunch to find my dress, bc I live out of the country but I wanted to shop with my mother while I was in town. The store owner and her daughter were beyond helpful from start to finish... letting me know which dresses would actually be available on short... Read More time schedule. I did find my perfect dress and the amazing costumer service was just a bonus!!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Colleen H

Susan and Kelly were great! They helped me choose not only my dress, but also my veil and earrings for my wedding in October 2016. They were great to work with and I highly recommend. They even helped me out with getting my dress cleaned after the wedding.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jacqueline D

Loved this place! Susan and Kelly were very very sweet and very helpful in finding the perfect dress. Very pleased and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Kristi K

The owners, Susan and Kelly, are a dream to work with! From the moment I walked in for our first appointment I knew I was in excellent hands! Susan helped me find my dream gown and veil, and Kelly created the most beautiful sash and lace straps for my gown. I also came back... Read More with my bridal party and we found our bridesmaid dresses here as well. I could not have been happier!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Jo Z

A wonderful experience from start to finish! My daughter found the perfect dress, veil and hair accessories. Susan and her daughter Kelly are a great team to work with. We always felt heard and they were always very attentive making it a great, stress free experience. The... Read More seamstress they recommended was amazing. It fits like a glove. Can't wait to see her wear it in July! Highly recommended from a happy mother of the bride. Best part - my daughter is beyond happy!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Abigail B

Wonderful place!

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Helen W

Kelly from a Joyful Occasion was fantastic to work with for helping me choose my dress for my wedding in November 2016! She was very personable and professional during our appointment and helped me choose between two dresses - there was no stress involved. Additionally, Kelly... Read More recommended a seamstress, Zhulieta, and she did amazing alteration work on my gown. I am very glad I chose my dress at A Joyful Occasion!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Amy H

A Joyful Occasion was the first salon I went to in my bridal gown search, and it was a wonderful experience to start me off! Kelly was so helpful and sweet and thoughtful, and her store has a very intimate and comfortable atmosphere; it really set the tone and expectations for... Read More any other salons. Ultimately, I didn't find my dress, but I highly recommend anyone make an appointment here. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Beth S

I went to A Joyful Occassion while I was wedding dress searching and it turned out to be the best experience. I had gone to a few salons already so I had an idea what to expect with an appointment and what I had in mind, or at least what I thought I wanted. From the moment I... Read More called and spoke with Susan to set up an appointment I was excited. She was very nice, I could tell very experienced and knowledgable-even just speaking over the phone and was willing to help stay within my budget. At the appointment, I tried on dress after dress and never really liked any. I didn't get that feeling. Susan and Kelly pulled a few dresses they thought I would like, one was not at all the style I was thinking (mermaid). Instead it was a gorgeous A line tulle dress. I was blown away! I absolutely loved my dress because it wasn't anything I've ever seen at any wedding before or even any wedding pictures. Susan was able to do all my alterations herself. She even had jewelry and my hair piece I wore in her store. It truly was a one stop shop. I loved how personal every appointment felt and I knew I was in good hands. It's not a chain, it's family owned so I never felt pressure or that I was just another customer. They took the time to make it a special experience and went above and beyond! I would highly recommend A Joyful Occasion to anyone, you truly will have the best experience!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Taylor T

I had more than a wonderful experience at the Joyful Occasion. They made me feel special, beautiful, and comfortable as every bridal salon should. After being certain I had already found the perfect dress at a different shop, I humored my friends and family by still attending my... Read More appointment. I honestly believed because the shop was in Naperville I wouldn't be able to afford their beautiful gowns. I was more than wrong. They helped find the dress of my dreams by listening to what I wanted and using their experience to pick the perfect gown for me. They kept in touch with me throughout the whole experience. Got my veil within a few weeks and set me up with alterations which went very smoothly. I highly recommend anyone to stop into this shop and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Natasha K

Kelly was wonderful!!! She did not pressure me to pick a dress on my first visit, even though I ended coming back for it--in fact, she suggested I go look other places, just to be sure. This shop had amazing customer service and responded promptly to all my questions. I was... Read More able to have friends/family join me for my appt. Kelly also provided me with bridesmaid dress swatches after purchasing my bridesmaid's dresses so I could match other items. A Joyful Occasion is definitely the best place in the area to purchase a dress--these women really know their dresses!!! They also work closely with a seamstress in the area.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Rachel J

I can't say enough wonderful things about this bridal salon. I WISH I got my dress from this store. I went to 2 appointments here, and the mother & daughter working here could not have been more kind, patient, and helpful. They made me feel so at ease, and I just absolutely... Read More loved them. I was so close to buying a dress here (it was my runner-up). I found my dress at a different store, but I remembered dresses by the same designer at A Joyful Occasion. Therefore, I emailed and asked if A Joyful Occasion could order the dress so that I could do business with them because I loved my experience there. Sadly they declined (which was the moral thing to do), but I still wanted to try. I highly recommend this store if you want a wonderful experience, a great selection of dresses, and helpful women who want what is best for you.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Chelsea S

I absolutely LOVED everything about A Joyful Occasion. Kelly and Susan were absolutely wonderful to work with. They care and take the time to make sure what you envision yourself to look like in your wedding dress become a reality. They went above and beyond any other boutique I... Read More visited and you can truly tell they care. They are accommodating, personable, patient and knowledgable. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelly R

Kelly is the best! I have been to 7 places (5 as a bride and 2 as a bridesmaid... in the past 4 months). A Joyful Occasion is so intimate, the experience was fantastic. I made my appointment and brought my sister and mom, when we got there Kelly and I discussed my budget... Read More and my ideal dress type. Kelly listened to me. I am open to different styles/shapes, but I say, "Not over 1,500 and no Ballgown" ...at other boutiques = all of the sudden I am in a $1,600 ballgown dress. Kelly NEVER did that to me. She was honest, helpful and knowledgeable about the dresses and what the seamstress would do to the dress during alterations. I cant wait to make another appointment so I can FINALLY decide on a dress :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Collette W

This bridal salon was wonderful! My dress ended up being the first dress I tried on. They were so knowledgeable about the dresses and made you feel so comfortable. They were not pushy and gave you time to think about your decision! It seems like a small store when you first... Read More look at it but they have an awesome selection!! Definitely worth checking out on your dress search!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Mikayla G

A Joyful Occasion is a wonderful, cute, and intimate dress shop with personalized service. It is mother and daughter owned and they do a fantastic job hand picking each dress that is in their store and ensuring that they are able to find something for you. They listened to what... Read More I wanted and my very narrow price range and pulled dresses that were similar to the style I wanted, but also some gorgeous dresses that were different than I had in mind, but I loved. They never pressured me to buy a dress or commit to a dress. In fact, they pulled a dress that I never would have imagined myself wearing, that I loved, but had a very difficult time deciding on if it was what I envisioned myself wearing as I was comparing it to another dress at a different shop. They encouraged me to go back to the other shop and try on the other dress and decide on what dress I truly loved the most - they really wanted to see me happy, even if it was purchasing a dress at a competitors shop. I ended up coming back the next day and purchasing the dress I debated about. They made me feel beautiful and so relaxed shopping for wedding dresses as they were so encouraging and personable. I recommend A Joyful Occasion to any bride looking for a wedding dress. It is worth the drive to Naperville to check it out. You will not regret your experience at A Joyful Occasion.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Great staff who were so helpful as we considered different dress options. Wide variety and very well priced. Their knowledge and individual attention to us was amazing. Full disclosure: I didn't end up buying my dress from A Joyful Occasion because I found a dress I loved more... Read More elsewhere but the experience was so good I thought it was worth it to write a review :)

Kelly and Susan are fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristen S

Kelly and Susan were the BEST! They helped me find exactly what I was looking for, and offered tons of great suggestions when it came to the finishing touches with my veil, sash, and headpiece. Kelly even went above and beyond and sewed pearls (from my mother and grandmother's... Read More bridal gowns) on to the sash for my dress - free of charge! I would highly recommend A Joyful Occasion - Kelly and Susan truly care about their clients and went out of their way to make sure I had my dream dress!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Darcy P

A Joyful Occasion was the best bridal salon I went to while searching for "the one". Susan was amazing to work with and literally bent over backwards to make my bridal gown dreams come true. She quickly felt like a long time friend and ended up picking out the dress that I said... Read More yes to! I have no regrets and highly recommend them to all brides near and far in Illinois!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Gina

Susan and Kelly truly made my dressing buying experience so special. I had been to 3 other shops prior to theirs and they gave me not only their full attention, but genuinely cared about us. My mom and I have nothing but amazing things to say about their shop. I thought I had... Read More picked out my dress the first time after visiting their shop so I returned 1 week later to finalize anything. Susan remembered me and the style of dress I was looking for that she picked out another dress for me that had come in just after I first visited which ended up being the dress I went with!! I also purchased my veil, belt and hairpiece there- all so beautiful. They were very willing to work with our price point and I never felt pressured to go over budget. They are amazing and I recommend them to all my close friends now who are looking for dresses!