Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Private Appointments Available

1504 North Naper Blvd, Naperville, IL

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Trisha J

My experience with Kelly and her mom at A Joyful Occasion can not be compared to any other store or boutique I visited. They were so knowledgeable and personable, they really made my dress shopping experience what I had imagined it to be all along. I came in and knew exactly the... Read More style of dress I wanted which I had not been able to find at the 4+ bridal salons I'd been to prior. They bee-lined it right to MY DRESS - it was the VERY first dress I tried on and it was the one! I had three other appointments in Chicago that day and all I did was play "beat the dress". No one else could compare. Let alone rival the customer service A Joyful Occasion gave me. I live 2.5 hours away and they were very respectful of that fact and worked with me for all of my appointments knowing I was driving a distance. My mother in law was so impressed that she said she is bringing my Sister in law back for her dress when she gets married! Not only were they spot on with my dress they went above and beyond to add custom sequin beading to the entire dress as well to make it look extra amazing and exactly what I'd imagined! Thank you thank you thank you A Joyful Occasion for helping my wedding day dress vision come to life! -Trisha Johnson (soon to be Cox!) :) Edited to add: Zhuleta, the seamstress they use is also AMAZING. She works out of her home and is within a few miles of AJO so very convenient!

2014-09-23T16:45:10 Response from the vendor

Trisha, Thank you so much for the glowing review! I'm so glad you had such a great experience here as that is our goal. Hoping all goes perfectly this coming weekend, we know you will be a GORGEOUS bride! Best, Kelly and Susan

Great find.

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Leslie S

We went all over the city of chicago but it wasn't until I went to this lovely place that I found my dress!!

Amazing service + beautiful affordable dresses

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Cassandra R

I would recommend this cute, intimate dress shop to anyone - especially those looking for options under $1500. I was told by several other shops when I called that "they only had a few dresses that MIGHT fit my budget." When we showed up for my appointment at A Joyful... Read More Occasion, Susan immediately made us feel welcome and comfortable. She gave me plenty of dress options that would fit my budget and knew everything there was to know about each dress. She also gave me a GREAT deal on my accessories so I would stay in my budget. They also use a seamstress who did a beautiful job on my bustle and my other alterations. (Her prices are very reasonable as well). The day of my dress was stunning. So thankful to A Joyful Occasion for making dress shopping so fun and enjoyable!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Beth S

I went to A Joyful Occassion while I was wedding dress searching and it turned out to be the best experience. I had gone to a few salons already so I had an idea what to expect with an appointment and what I had in mind, or at least what I thought I wanted. From the moment I... Read More called and spoke with Susan to set up an appointment I was excited. She was very nice, I could tell very experienced and knowledgable-even just speaking over the phone and was willing to help stay within my budget. At the appointment, I tried on dress after dress and never really liked any. I didn't get that feeling. Susan and Kelly pulled a few dresses they thought I would like, one was not at all the style I was thinking (mermaid). Instead it was a gorgeous A line tulle dress. I was blown away! I absolutely loved my dress because it wasn't anything I've ever seen at any wedding before or even any wedding pictures. Susan was able to do all my alterations herself. She even had jewelry and my hair piece I wore in her store. It truly was a one stop shop. I loved how personal every appointment felt and I knew I was in good hands. It's not a chain, it's family owned so I never felt pressure or that I was just another customer. They took the time to make it a special experience and went above and beyond! I would highly recommend A Joyful Occasion to anyone, you truly will have the best experience!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Taylor T

I had more than a wonderful experience at the Joyful Occasion. They made me feel special, beautiful, and comfortable as every bridal salon should. After being certain I had already found the perfect dress at a different shop, I humored my friends and family by still attending my... Read More appointment. I honestly believed because the shop was in Naperville I wouldn't be able to afford their beautiful gowns. I was more than wrong. They helped find the dress of my dreams by listening to what I wanted and using their experience to pick the perfect gown for me. They kept in touch with me throughout the whole experience. Got my veil within a few weeks and set me up with alterations which went very smoothly. I highly recommend anyone to stop into this shop and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Natasha K

Kelly was wonderful!!! She did not pressure me to pick a dress on my first visit, even though I ended coming back for it--in fact, she suggested I go look other places, just to be sure. This shop had amazing customer service and responded promptly to all my questions. I was... Read More able to have friends/family join me for my appt. Kelly also provided me with bridesmaid dress swatches after purchasing my bridesmaid's dresses so I could match other items. A Joyful Occasion is definitely the best place in the area to purchase a dress--these women really know their dresses!!! They also work closely with a seamstress in the area.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Rachel J

I can't say enough wonderful things about this bridal salon. I WISH I got my dress from this store. I went to 2 appointments here, and the mother & daughter working here could not have been more kind, patient, and helpful. They made me feel so at ease, and I just absolutely... Read More loved them. I was so close to buying a dress here (it was my runner-up). I found my dress at a different store, but I remembered dresses by the same designer at A Joyful Occasion. Therefore, I emailed and asked if A Joyful Occasion could order the dress so that I could do business with them because I loved my experience there. Sadly they declined (which was the moral thing to do), but I still wanted to try. I highly recommend this store if you want a wonderful experience, a great selection of dresses, and helpful women who want what is best for you.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Chelsea S

I absolutely LOVED everything about A Joyful Occasion. Kelly and Susan were absolutely wonderful to work with. They care and take the time to make sure what you envision yourself to look like in your wedding dress become a reality. They went above and beyond any other boutique I... Read More visited and you can truly tell they care. They are accommodating, personable, patient and knowledgable. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelly R

Kelly is the best! I have been to 7 places (5 as a bride and 2 as a bridesmaid... in the past 4 months). A Joyful Occasion is so intimate, the experience was fantastic. I made my appointment and brought my sister and mom, when we got there Kelly and I discussed my budget... Read More and my ideal dress type. Kelly listened to me. I am open to different styles/shapes, but I say, "Not over 1,500 and no Ballgown" other boutiques = all of the sudden I am in a $1,600 ballgown dress. Kelly NEVER did that to me. She was honest, helpful and knowledgeable about the dresses and what the seamstress would do to the dress during alterations. I cant wait to make another appointment so I can FINALLY decide on a dress :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Collette W

This bridal salon was wonderful! My dress ended up being the first dress I tried on. They were so knowledgeable about the dresses and made you feel so comfortable. They were not pushy and gave you time to think about your decision! It seems like a small store when you first... Read More look at it but they have an awesome selection!! Definitely worth checking out on your dress search!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Mikayla G

A Joyful Occasion is a wonderful, cute, and intimate dress shop with personalized service. It is mother and daughter owned and they do a fantastic job hand picking each dress that is in their store and ensuring that they are able to find something for you. They listened to what... Read More I wanted and my very narrow price range and pulled dresses that were similar to the style I wanted, but also some gorgeous dresses that were different than I had in mind, but I loved. They never pressured me to buy a dress or commit to a dress. In fact, they pulled a dress that I never would have imagined myself wearing, that I loved, but had a very difficult time deciding on if it was what I envisioned myself wearing as I was comparing it to another dress at a different shop. They encouraged me to go back to the other shop and try on the other dress and decide on what dress I truly loved the most - they really wanted to see me happy, even if it was purchasing a dress at a competitors shop. I ended up coming back the next day and purchasing the dress I debated about. They made me feel beautiful and so relaxed shopping for wedding dresses as they were so encouraging and personable. I recommend A Joyful Occasion to any bride looking for a wedding dress. It is worth the drive to Naperville to check it out. You will not regret your experience at A Joyful Occasion.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Great staff who were so helpful as we considered different dress options. Wide variety and very well priced. Their knowledge and individual attention to us was amazing. Full disclosure: I didn't end up buying my dress from A Joyful Occasion because I found a dress I loved more... Read More elsewhere but the experience was so good I thought it was worth it to write a review :)

Kelly and Susan are fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristen S

Kelly and Susan were the BEST! They helped me find exactly what I was looking for, and offered tons of great suggestions when it came to the finishing touches with my veil, sash, and headpiece. Kelly even went above and beyond and sewed pearls (from my mother and grandmother's... Read More bridal gowns) on to the sash for my dress - free of charge! I would highly recommend A Joyful Occasion - Kelly and Susan truly care about their clients and went out of their way to make sure I had my dream dress!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Darcy P

A Joyful Occasion was the best bridal salon I went to while searching for "the one". Susan was amazing to work with and literally bent over backwards to make my bridal gown dreams come true. She quickly felt like a long time friend and ended up picking out the dress that I said... Read More yes to! I have no regrets and highly recommend them to all brides near and far in Illinois!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Gina

Susan and Kelly truly made my dressing buying experience so special. I had been to 3 other shops prior to theirs and they gave me not only their full attention, but genuinely cared about us. My mom and I have nothing but amazing things to say about their shop. I thought I had... Read More picked out my dress the first time after visiting their shop so I returned 1 week later to finalize anything. Susan remembered me and the style of dress I was looking for that she picked out another dress for me that had come in just after I first visited which ended up being the dress I went with!! I also purchased my veil, belt and hairpiece there- all so beautiful. They were very willing to work with our price point and I never felt pressured to go over budget. They are amazing and I recommend them to all my close friends now who are looking for dresses!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Denise D

This place is a small bridal boutique. Because of the size of it, it felt comfortable and not overwhelming. The staff was amazing. They made me feel beautiful in every dress I tried on. I did fall in love with a dress there and I'm glad I did. Every time I have been in there,... Read More which has been many times now, it's been a wonderful experience. I love it. I highly recommend this bridal boutique.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Crystal H

I got the dress of my dreams in my price range and in a short amount of time!! All the ladies at the shop were amazing and so helpful! My day was perfect and so was my dress! Thank you for everything 💛💛

A Joyful Occasion was Great

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

The salon was great to work with, very accommodating, and very reasonable pricing!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Kim A

Beautiful selection of dresses and the women who own the store are extremely friendly and helpful. She listened to exactly what I wanted and we found the perfect dress! Made sure to work within our budget as well.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Cat G

My experience with Kelly and Susan couldn't have been any better - Kelly listened to my ideas and helped me find a beautiful gown and design a custom veil, plus styled me for the big day. I felt beautiful and cared for, and both women were professional, yet approachable and very... Read More helpful. In fact, my sister bought her mother of the bride dress and my sister her wedding gown at A Joyful Occasion! Additionally, the salon works with a talented seamstress who worked quickly and beautifully. As a bride living abroad, Kelly was one of my favorite vendors to stay in contact with during the process, and her wisdom was invaluable. I have already recommended A Joyful Occasion to several brides-to-be, and will continue to do so!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Gretchen S

This was the most wonderful shop to try on wedding dresses. I was very nervous going into my appointment that I would not find a gown. They ladies were so kind and encouraging. Plus they were able to pick out so many dresses that I loved. The whole time they made me feel so... Read More comfortable and at ease. There was no rush! Since they are by appointment only I was the only bride in the boutique at the time which was wonderful. The dress was a little more expensive than a chain but it was well worth it! The dress I got was beautiful and very high quality but did not break the budget.

wonderful experience

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Gretchen S

My experience wedding dress shopping at A Joyful Occasion was fantastic. I was nervous but they made me feel extremely comfortable. The dressing rooms were comfortable and the attendant would stand outside the room as I got into each dress. They had many dresses that were... Read More around my price range and I found so many dresses that I liked! I am having a short engagement and Susan has gone out of her way to help me.

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Meaghan D

The ladies at A Joyful Occasion were incredible. We had a short engagement 6 months and the women were so great about realistic expectations of what dresses would be available in that time frame. My mom and bridesmaids also found dresses at A Joyful Occasion. They were great... Read More with helping accessorize as well. I had a last minute bridesmaid and they were able to rush order a dress and offered to alter it if we were in a crunch. Would recommend them to anyone!

Paloma Blanca!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Karen J

My sister bought her dress here and so did I! They have a great selection of gowns, especially my favorite designer, Paloma Blanca!! The selection of veils, belts, accessories is great and very reasonably priced! So many people complimented me on my veil and matching belt and it... Read More didn't break the bank! Would highly recommend!

Truly a joyful shopping experience

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jessica Y

This place is great!! Susan and Kelli are fantastic. I had found a dress that I really liked at another store but was unable to get it from there. I showed Susan the picture of it and she brought out a dress almost exactly like it. I tried it on along with some others in a... Read More similar style, but ended up with the first one. They helped me pick out a great belt to go with it. I had gone to some of the big chain bridal stores and gotten awful customer service, so this place was a wonderful refreshing change from that. My dress was ready to be picked up in three weeks!

Start a Conversation!