A Joyous Moment Photo, Video, and Booth

Naugatuck, CT

Creating lifelong memories, capturing each detail

We are a husband and wife team that was inspired to start our business after a stressful wedding experience of our own.Having been the bride, I know how important it is that you feel comfortable with your wedding photographers, something we specialize in helping you achieve. We want to be an ally for you both on your wedding day, helping the day flow smoothly while at the same time photographing all the important moments of your day. My background in photography helps me strive to earn your trust, and make you feel comfortable, and my husband has an amazing ability to look for your uninhibited moments and capturing them without you even noticing or having to feel the need to force a fake smile for the camera. We want to get to know you, know your love story and capture your happiness.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

P.O. Box 2054, Naugatuck, CT (203) 490-0953
PINTEREST

Photography/Videoagraphy

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Lauren B

We used Diana and Javier for our wedding this past July and from the moment we met them, they were exceptional. They took our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and video. Throughout the entire process, they made themselves available for any questions that came up... Read More and always responded quickly. Diana and Javier made us feel so comfortable, especially when things got so hectic on our wedding day! They went above and beyond to make sure that we got everything we had dreamed of and we absolutely did! The video of our wedding and our pictures could not have been anymore perfect! We have them to thank for capturing the specialist day in our lives! Aside from being a great business, they are truly the sweetest people!

2016-01-09T23:09:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We truly enjoyed working with you guys so much and are elated that you love your photos and video so much!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Tina Z

Diana and Javier are the best! They worked with us from engagement photos to our wedding. I had sent Diana lists of family shots we wanted and some sample pictures for the wedding party and my groom and I, and day of, she had everything ready! We went to Hubbard Park, in... Read More Meriden, CT for the family shots and the place we were going to do them was already being used, so Diana and Javier found us a new spot, by the water. They had the lists ready and called people by name so that we weren't all standing too long in the hot sun. And after the ceremony, the bridesmaids were able to see the sample shots I had sent Diana so that when Diana posed everyone, they knew where to go and what to do! A few things changed at the venue due to people leaving early and Diana and Javier just went with it. That made me feel less stressed, one less thing to worry about. We didn't even know they were there most of the time, but they had every shot! It was a pleasure to have them at our wedding and after seeing the engagement pictures, we know the wedding ones will be just as perfect! And the photo booth was a big hit! There was always a line! People couldn't get enough! It was so nice to receive our book and flash drive after the wedding, it gave us something to hold on to until all the photos come out! Diana's sister and her husband were in charge of the booth and did a fabulous job! Thank you all again!!

2016-08-15T19:16:26 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us with others! We are so happy to have been a part of your day and loved working with you guys!

Very professional and very talented

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My husband and I highly recommend A Joyous Moment for any wedding, big or small. Diana and Javier are a beautiful couple who are very professional and very talented. For the quality of pictures that were taken at our wedding we would've expected to pay Hollywood prices, no... Read More exaggeration here. During the time of our wedding last year, we opted for one of their packages that included a photo booth as well. VERY reasonable. Also, I had no idea what kind of favors we were going to give away. (We wanted to do a little something different than just a candle or almonds.) Diana made an awesome suggestion that we give away the pictures that were taken of our family and friends in the photo booth. We would give our guests one and we could keep a copy. She helped us order the clear frames that held the pictures and even printed out the message that went inside them. (The message said, "Thank you for sharing our special day and giving us memories that will last a lifetime! Please visit our photo booth! Leave a copy for the Bride and Groom and take one home as our gift to you!) Then Javier designed a monogram with mine and my husbands name and our wedding date to be printed on the bottom of each picture strip. We received so many compliments on them! Not to mention everyone had a blast with all the props! This is one of the many wonderful memories Diana and Javier helped us create. Give them a call for your next wedding, birthday, family gathering, you'll be just as happy. We will be using them again soon for the birth of our daughter any day now!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Carol K

My hubby and I weren't sure we were interested in an engagement session, and although Diana didn't force it, she explained that it was a good way for us to get to know one another. We don't really like being the center of attention so we thought that it would really be a good... Read More thing if we got to know them before the wedding, and it really was. The session went by so quick, we got lots of photos we loved, and we were excited to work with them again on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 christina M

My husband and I found A Joyous Moment through The Knot and are so happy we did. We took the time to read their reviews and set up a meeting with them after deciding that they might be a good fit for us. We were so right! They were so great to work with from start to finish, and... Read More made the whole process so easy! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jenna L

From the moment Diana and I spoke by phone, I knew that I had found someone genuinely interested in making my wedding day all I ever dreamed it would be. She and her husband did that and more. They helped my husband feel comfortable throughout the day and made the experience... Read More good for him too, something so important to me, because he hates taking photos. All my family and friends commented afterwards about how friendly and kind they were the entire day. We loved working with them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole P

I am someone who has never liked having their photo taken, until I had an opportunity to work with A Joyous Moment on my wedding day. They helped me see my beauty that day, and made me feel so comfortable. I was so happy after I saw my sneak peek photos, because I could see that... Read More they understood me, and that they were able to see the best in me, and bring that out in the photos taken. Thank you guys so much!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Katrina B

From the moment I met Diana I felt completely comfortable with her. I appreciated the fact that she was honest about her pricing, and that she understood what it was like to be a bride. I couldn't have asked for more on my wedding day, she was a calming voice of reassurance the... Read More entire day and not only got our photos done quickly, but also helped us with the flow of our entire day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Megan S

One of the most amazing things about working with Diana and Javier was how effortless and natural they made the entire day. They didn't expect anyone to know what they were doing, and kept the mood light throughout the day. When we got our photos back we were so pleased with... Read More their attention to detail and their ability to show the individual personalities of our family and friends. Thank you both for making our day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 April S

Getting married is such a special event, and we were so happy that we chose A Joyous Moment to photograph our day. They were so helpful and relaxed throughout the entire day, while making sure they didn't miss anything. They were helpful with getting our family photos done... Read More quickly, so we could join the end of our cocktail hour, something we appreciated and really enjoyed.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jean S

A Joyous Moment was so wonderful to work with. They included an engagement session which gave us an opportunity to get to know them before the wedding, and on the wedding day everything went so smoothly thanks to all their help. We couldn't have made a better choice!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

Our photographers arrived late when we discussed their start time...Diana called me days prior to the wedding so I don't understand what happened. My husband didn't tell me until the day after the wedding because he knew I'd be upset about it (my girls and I arrived to the venue... Read More after the guys did). My husband and our groomsmen were suppose to get pictures taken prior to us getting there. Overall they did take some nice pictures but nothing too breathtaking or amazing. We felt like they were unorganized and weren't telling us how to pose for both our individual and couple pictures. Our guests even told us they looked pissed off during the start of the ceremony, which was very unprofessional. I guess you get what you pay for. We expected more out of them especially with pictures being a wedding keepsake. Our guests raved about how fun and memorable our wedding was. I just wished the pictures showed that. I also would have liked more pictures of my husband and I. And I know he feels the same way.

2016-07-15T20:15:10 Response from the vendor

We strive to always give our clients the best quality of photos and professionalism. We always arrive to our events ahead of time to ensure we capture pictures of the venue and coordinate with hall staff. This specific bride had her wedding last year and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Vanessa B

We loved our photographers. They were very responsive when we had questions. They include an engagement sessions in all of their packages so that they can get to know the couple which was such a great idea because it made it that much more comfortable came wedding day. They were... Read More so easy going and professional, most of the time we didn't even know they were around but were right there when we needed them. Our pictures came out so great. We also had our photo booth through them and that was a hit, our guest had an awesome time with it and it just looked amazing in our reception. They are a great couple to have as your photographers.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had a great experience with A Joyous Moment. Our pictures came out great. We would definitely recommend their services.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We loved our pictures and the attention and service Diana and her husband provided us with. We had a great time at our wedding without having the photographer in our face or following us around yet, Diana and Javier captured every moment.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We had all three services from A Joyous Moment. Our photos were amazing and our video highlighted everything that happened that day. We even asked Javier to add a blooper reel of anything funny that happened that night and we were laughing so hard while watching it because we... Read More didn't know that all of this had happened. Our guest were also thrilled with the photo booth, it was fun, classy and unique! We loved our wedding and the way A Joyous Moment was able to capture it all.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We loved the fact that Diana and Javier were upfront with the total cost of the coverage they were offering us for our wedding day, and the outcomes were outstanding. We felt comfortable with them form the very first time we met. Our engagement session was fun and interactive... Read More and that made us feel more at ease on our wedding day. We definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Diana and Javier from A Joyous Moment Photography were absolutely delightful. Their work was done in an unintrusive manner, yet they photographed everything we asked for and more. The packages they offer are easy to understand and have a good payment plan. I highly recommend... Read More Diana and Javier. They are wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Amazing business. They do everything that they can to make your big day special. Their level of quality and integrity was noted by everyone in my wedding party. I cannot wait to recommend them to friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I loved that Diana was willing to customize a package that worked within our budget. She was very responsive whenever we had questions or ideas for photos. Our wedding photos are amazing! I almost cried looking through them. She did a wonderful job of capturing our day.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Diana and her husband were great! They were so accommodating on my wedding day, and the photos and the video came out awesome! Would recommend them for anyone's special day.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

They were awesome to work with diana and her husband were professional such a pleasure to work with. Sweet people my family loved them and there pictures are beautiful if you want an amazing photographer book with joyous moments phtotography you wont regret it!

Great experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Diana and Javier are very passionate about taking timeless photos that capture the emotion of special moments and it shows. The photos we received were fantastic in quality, composition, and essence of the moment. Throughout our wedding and reception they were accessible to... Read More everyone even though we were generally unaware of where they were specifically, yet they didn't miss a thing. Another benefit to our families and guests was that they speak Spanish. They are extremely professional and we highly recommend them.

Great Wedding Photographers

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

A Joyous Moment was the perfect wedding photography service for a bride that didn't want photographers in her face the entire wedding/reception. They gave direction and took fantastic photos at the appropriate times (ex., right after the wedding and before the food), and took... Read More my direction during other times such as the reception when I wanted to relax and eat and take pictures casually. They were very friendly and laid back and at the same time extremely professional. I highly recommend them for your wedding!!!

I'm so glad we found them

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We had the best experience with A Joyous Moment from the time we met with Diana until we received our pictures. All of those special moments we had on our big day were recorded by their cameras and we are so grateful for that. I'm so glad we found them and that they were able to... Read More make our day a very special one. We had them do our video, photos and photo booth and they were awesome!