Whether it's fun and funky, traditional or completely custom, A Tier Above strives to make your cake wishes a reality. From our blown sugar bubbles and handmade chocolate or sugar flowers, we use our passion for cake making to create a uniquely personal cake you'll love.

$$

Serving Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA

Just a Bite

12/08/2013 Andrea T

I loved seeing all the designs A Tier Above had to offer. However it just didn't fit with what I wanted at the price I needed.

spectacular cakes

2/11/2013 cecilia k

this cakes are a piece of art! and so tasty

GORGEOUS AND DELICIOUS!!!

1/26/2013 Kylie N

We had Shelly make our wedding cake and it was exactly how we wanted it!!! I had a picture of the wedding cake that I wanted and I was having a hard time finding a baker to make it. When I sent the picture in, Shelly said she could make it no problem. We got married about an hour and half away from their location and Shelly delivered the cake to us at a very reasonable price. She was in constant communication with us throughout our planning process. The cake was DELICIOUS!! It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! I highly recommend A Tier Above for your wedding cake!!

AMAZING!!

8/17/2012 Ashlie D

Shelly with A Tier Above is a genius. Enough said! She has sooo many cake options to choose from, and her cakes are beautiful!! She sets up a cake tasting with you before the wedding so you get to try all sorts of combinations of flavors! Her pricing was actually the lowest of any we priced in our area, and our guests could not stop talking about how AMAZING our cake tasted! (We had a white chocolate cake with vanilla bean filling and fresh strawberries). I can't wait until our year anniversary so we can eat the rest of the cake! :)

loved it

8/04/2012 Ashley L

my cake was amaxzing

Love!

8/04/2012 Jessica T

I absolutely loved my wedding cake! It was a 3 tier, round, white fondant cake. The designer met with my fiancé and I to design the sugar flowers that decorated the cake. She made flowers inspired by the ones my fiancé grew for the wedding, in our wedding colors. That extra touch made it so much more personal. The cake itself was the best tasting cake I have ever had, absolutely wonderful.

A Tier Above

4/28/2012 Kirston R

Delicious artwork!

10/01/2011 Lisa S

Shelly at a Tier Above makes beautiful, delicious, affordable wedding cakes! I had a concept sketched out and she made it a reality. Sugar bubbles are one of her specialties and they were the perfect touch for our outdoor, river and forest themed cake. I tasted a number of options and loved the chocolate and hazelnut flavors together. Highly recommended!

Cake was delicious!

9/10/2011 Courtney C

Shelley made a delicious cake for us! The service was great, my only concern was I thought the cake was expensive for a VERY simple cake.

yummy cake

8/24/2011 Mary C

the cake was really good! Great value

The BEST cake EVER

8/16/2011 Holly S

I am vegan and when I first called Shelley I was exhausted from hearing all these people that couldn't make good vegan wedding cake. She was so eager to work with me. At the moment she is confident in her vanilla and chocolate vegan recipes and is experimenting with others. I wanted multiple fruit flavors and fillings in my cake so she suggested "soaking" the vanilla cake. Each tier was soaked in a different fruit "soak" with different berry fillings. Another awesome thing about her is her FONDANT IS VEGAN! I had been told over and over again that fondant was not an option for my cake because it all has gelatin in it. She imports hers from Switzerland so it is high quality and gelatin free! As soon as the cake was served at our wedding all of our guests were RAVING about it. Many people said it was honestly the best cake they had ever had and they couldn't believe it was vegan! We paid $550 for a three tiered cake. Our photographer said that for that cake anywhere else you would pay at least $1,000. We are having a second reception next month two hours away from Shelley and are trying to figure out how we can get HER cake to us on that day because we don't want to go with anyone else.

Simply the Best

7/19/2008 Jason B

This was by far my favorite part of the wedding process! The owner has a beautiful and intimate place where you can go and sample many of the cakes that are available, as well as design your own. She is very friendly and hospitible, and made this experience so much fun and memorable for us both! I refer her again and again to all my friends and family, because she really is the best!

Send Email