A Villa Louisa

Bolton/Glastonbury, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Gazebo. Flagstone steps lead to the lovely white painted gazebo for an outdoor ceremony to remember.

Pergola. A stately white pergola with elegant white columns is accessed via a walkway that meanders over a lovely little white bridge. Landscaping, fountains and other garden features provide abundant portrait backdrops.

Grand Ballroom. A welcoming foyer has a lovely waterfall and windows overlooking Birch Mountain. This leads to an ample ballroom space with chandeliers, fireplaces, high ceilings and neutral decor to match any wedding colors. With a dance floor there is room for 300 guests, and without the dance floor there's room for 350 guests. Up to 400 guests may be accommodated if you have a cocktail reception. The Grand Ballroom may also be divided into smaller spaces.

Sunset Room. The wraparound bar and flagstone porch make this a lovely intimate venue for 25 seated guests with a dance floor, 50 guests with no dance floor and up to 90 for a cocktail reception. The large windows give beautiful sunset vistas of Birch Mountain.

A Villa Louisa is a full-service wedding venue, so no outside food or drink is permitted. There are a variety of packages, including the Italian Feast, the Irish Wedding and the Kings and Queens reception package. Many include roses, premium liquor packages and Viennese tables.

Cuisine is mostly American and Italian, and special dietary restrictions can almost always be honored, including gluten-, lactose- and nut-free as well as organic, no pork and vegan. A mashed potato bar, candy bar, ice cream sundae bar and chocolate fountain are available.

The minimum guest count is 25. If you have fewer guests show up than the reservations indicated, you may take home their unused portions. China, glassware, tables and linens are included in the site rental. Setup and cleanup are included, and cake-cutting and cake service are included. Bar service includes a bartender.

You may choose from cocktails and appetizers, buffet service, five-course plated meals and late night snacks. Entrees include prime rib, shrimp and eggplant dishes.

• Romantic sunset horse-drawn carriage rides
  • Ice sculptures for an additional charge
  • Adults-only martini bar available
  • Chef-attended crepe station available
  • Ethnic weddings welcome

Beautiful Grounds at A Villa Louisa Glastonbury

Your wedding will be unique in our elegant Grand Ballroom. You will create breathtaking memories on our beautiful and picturesque grounds. Exceptional service, superb menu & top quality foods will complete your special day. YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE at A Villa Louisa; call now 860 646 3161.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

60 Villa Louisa Rd, Bolton/Glastonbury, CT (860) 646-3161

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Noelisa M

I got married on April 22 at A villa Louisa. For my husband and I, it was a great experience working with Angela!! She is very knowledgeable, extremely dedicated and always willing to listen to our requests and questions! We loved our ceremony and reception, the venue is... Read More beautiful. Our families have only good words for the food, the service and the venue in general :-D!!! They keep mentioning to us how delicious the food was!! I think this will not be the last time Angela hears from us, there are a couple of quinceañeras getting close in my family, and they are already thinking of A Villa Louisa. We can't thank Angela enough for all her hard work to make our wedding a memorable event!

2017-06-16T12:06:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for much for taking the time to write about your experience with our venue and staff. You are all considered family and we look forward to having you with us again! It was amazing to be a part of your special day and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Shannon K

Our experience at A Villa Louisa was nothing short of amazing! Throughout the entire planning process Angela was so helpful in answering any and all questions we had. On the evening of our wedding, everything went perfectly. The entire staff was so helpful in making sure our and... Read More our guest needs we're being met. The venue itself is beautiful, and the food was DELICIOUS, our guests loved it! Overall I would absolutely recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with great food and an easy experience, there was no stress involved at all.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Debbi T

Absolutely positively fantastic! Could not have been a better venue for the Gummoe's wedding. Very accommodating. Excellent staff. Absolute perfection. Stress-free planning assistance. Angela and Amy are the best in the business. Excellent food and over-the-top Venetian dessert... Read More bar. Way more than we anticipated and the best value for the money. Sunday brunches are also amazing.--MOB/Financier

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Sally A

We had our wedding reception at A Villa Louisa on May 27th 2017. We could not have asked for a better venue. Everything about our day exceeded all our expectations. All the staff were wonderful throughout the entire planning process, and treated us and our guests amazingly on... Read More the big day. All the inclusions on the price of the reception was a major plus. It made the planning and budget of our wedding reception much more manageable. The grounds are lovely and we got some beautiful pictures on site. We are so grateful to the entire A Villa Louisa team for all their hard work in making our day fabulous!

2017-06-16T12:12:13 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate your feedback and being a part of your memorable day. Very heart felt. We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future. Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Miguel P

They are not willing to work with you, only to their advantage and they will take your money but will work with you if you pay again... Very disappointing.

2017-05-16T17:31:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry that you had to cancel your wedding date due to unforeseen circumstances on your end. As stated in our contract that deposits are non-refundable but we are still willing to work... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stuart J

Our Wedding day reception was a very enjoyable experience. The food was excellent. The staff was very courteous and attentive to all our needs.

2016-12-23T09:17:17 Response from the vendor

A Villa Louisa sends many thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your experience on your big day. We all hope to see you all in the near future! Sincerely, Management & Staff!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Shannon R

This venue is beautiful and the staff are so helpful and wonderful. I must have emailed them 100 times before the big day and they were always more than willing to answer any of my questions, and so accommodating. Very affordable too with a wide range of packages. Great, great... Read More place! EXCELLENT food as well!

2016-12-23T09:16:00 Response from the vendor

We all here at A Villa Louisa send you many thanks and congratulations again. We would hope to see you both back here in the near future! Sincerely, Management & Staff!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lynne O

My daughter's wedding reception was at A Villa Louisa on 7/30/2016. Everything was absolutely wonderful! We had researched quite a few venues and were so happy that we chose A Villa Louisa! The owner, wedding coordinator, and staff were so accommodating and helpful to us... Read More throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly and my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. We were able to thoroughly enjoy our daughter's wedding reception!!! Our guests raved about the food! Both the quality and the quantity of food was outstanding and the service was excellent too!!! I honestly don't think you can get a better value than A Villa Louisa for a wedding venue. I would definitely have another function there and HIGHLY recommend them!

2016-12-23T09:14:11 Response from the vendor

Being a part in planning your daughters wedding was special to us and we are excited to receive your feedback on the experience. Truly was amazing and we hope to see you all here with us again in the near future. Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mark T

You can stop searching for wedding venues now, you've found the perfect one here with A Villa Louisa! If you're reading this, odds are you're in the same situation my wife and I were in 2 years ago when we started planning our wedding. Well needless to say, after visiting... Read More numerous other venues around CT we came across A Villa Louisa and were blown away at how much better they were than the rest. They have a recently renovated the whole place with beautiful landscaping around the whole building as well as updated the interior. Your jaw will drop when you pull up to this place, and the same goes for your guests when they arrive. There's plenty of parking and easy handicapped access which was very important to us since we have a big family with a few older relatives who we wanted to make sure could easily join us on our special day. We chose to have our ceremony as well as the reception there to make it a one-stop event. The gazebo offered the perfect location with a beautiful backdrop. We had a May wedding and there was a chance for rain, but Gigi (our wedding coordinator) assured us they would be able to flawlessly move it all indoors if needed. One thing we wanted in a venue was to be able to tell them what we wanted and be able to stand back and let them handle it. There is too much stress involved in planning a wedding, so it was a great relief knowing we didn't have to micromanage our venue. We picked our package (Italian Feast), picked our entrees, picked our appetizers, picked our colors and just showed up for our rehearsal dinner with our centerpieces and party favors and everything was beautifully set up for us on the big day. I can't stress how important it is to just trust in the people at A Villa Louisa to do their thing and blow you away. Now it's time for me to be honest and tell it like it really is. We have all been to great weddings and crappy weddings. What do you remember from every wedding? Do you remember the colors of napkins? No. Do you remember quirky mason jar centerpieces off Pinterest? Absolutely not. We remember the food and booze! Let me start off by saying the food at A Villa Louisa is amazing! The hardest part of our wedding planning was picking the food because everything we tried at the tastings was phenomenal and we couldn't narrow it down. Now lets talk about the booze. There's nothing worse than weak watered down drinks or getting cut off. A Villa Louisa will keep the drinks flowing and make sure your guests stay hydrated. I have a large Polish Family and we don't mess around when it comes to open bars, and the wait-staff and servers were on the ball all night with how well they kept everybody full and kept the drinks flowing. So many guests told my wife and I that our wedding was the best wedding they've ever been to. They said that the food was amazing and they had plenty to drink, so we were happy to know our guests enjoyed themselves and were well taken care of. So long story short, lose the phone numbers you have for all the other venues out there. Go to A Villa Louisa and book your date now. You won't regret it. Oh, and we also compared prices per guest with other venues, and you get way more for your money at A Villa Louis than you would anywhere else on top of it already being an amazingly beautiful place with the best food and great staff! So if you decide to have your wedding at A Villa Louis, please invite me so I can go back again!

2016-12-23T09:12:12 Response from the vendor

We want to first thank you for choosing us as your one stop deal to make it all happen for you here at A Villa Louisa! Secondly for taking the time to write such a raving review and we all thank you and hope to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Fernanda C

Wedding of my dreams!!! My husband and I got married at A Villa Louisa in September 2016 and it was magical. It was the greatest fit in my budget (their price is unbeatable), the place is amazing with different settings on the outside and a classy beautiful inside. The view and... Read More settings on the outside were amazing for the wedding pictures... the inside is even more beautiful. I recommend the place to anyone looking to host a wedding like mine (small ceremony) and also to a big party. They are in every possible way understandable and flexible. The food was OUTSTANDING, their staff was the best people to work with. When I was leaving the hotel in my wedding dress in the morning of my weeding I met the family that had their wedding at AVL the night before and they also had really nice things to say about the place, food and staff... which made me feel more secure about my decision to book AVL. My family already spread the word about A Villa Louisa in Brazil (they loved the place). Thank you A Villa Louisa

2016-12-23T09:08:31 Response from the vendor

Your day was truly special and special to us all here as well and thank you for writing such a great review on your experience with us here at A Villa Louisa. Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amber C

My husband and I got married at A Villa Louisa in August of 2016. We decided to look at the venue because the prices were so much better than anywhere else. When we had our first walk-through, we both clicked with Lana and decided this would be the place we would get married. A... Read More Villa Louisa was by far the best choice we made about our day. The food is amazing (my guests are still talking about the creamy pasta dish), they were so willing to customize anything for us and the space was perfect. Amy and Lana helped us so much throughout the crazy wedding process. They answered all of the questions immediately and were always willing to have last minute face to face meetings. We highly recommend A Villa Louisa. Such a gem.

2016-12-23T09:06:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for much for taking the time to write about your experience with our venue and staff. It was amazing to be a part of your special day and we all send congratulations continuously! Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa L

We were married on September 9 at A Villa Louisa. Everything was absolutely perfect. Our guests raved about all the food - from appetizers to dessert - absolutely delicious!! Amy was very attentive and accommodating all night and the staff didn't miss a beat. The venue was... Read More beautiful and many of our guests asked how we found this beautiful place. We would not have changed a thing. It was perfect and I highly recommend this for any occasion. Amy and Lana are the best!!

2016-12-23T09:04:58 Response from the vendor

It truly means a lot that you choose A Villa Louisa to accommodate your wedding but also that you took the time to share your experience. Congratulations once again to the both of you! Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Arianna Y

My day was perfect thanks to A Villa Louisa! They were one of the more affordable venues in the Manchester area, and they simply have the BEST food, service, and flexibility. We first met with Lana, who was very understanding, flexible, and professional. She worked with us to... Read More tailor the package to our needs to fit our budget, which was very much appreciated, and made it possible for us to afford other small details for the wedding. There were many changes in package prices and staffing happening in the company after our first meeting - (we had Lana, then GiGi, then Angela as our coordinators). However, we were kept informed about the whole process, there was continuity with all our details, and the price on our contract was honored and did not increase. I think you can judge a lot about a company by how they perform under pressure, and A Villa Louisa completely met all my expectations even when going through these changes. The ballroom is very traditional: lots of old gold - beautiful chandeliers and ornate gilted scrollwork and drapery on vaulted ceilings, big stone fireplaces at each end, comfortable gold chairs, 2 bars, and uplighting with a good-sized wooden dancefloor in a spacious room perfect for about 175 people. The food tasting was extremely helpful, and they make all the dishes you would ever want to try by special request - amazing service! The food is out of this world - we got so many compliments on it all night, and the cake came included through Modern Pastry and was delicious as well. The whole staff worked closely with us and even let me come in and do some decorating the week before the wedding so I could take pictures of the set-ups for the staff to replicate on the big day. They also have beautiful flowers, a gazebo, a little footbridge, and a great view of the sunset on the grounds so you can take all your wedding photos right there! I would highly recommend them to anyone, thank you A Villa Louisa!!

2016-12-23T08:52:44 Response from the vendor

A Villa Louisa sends many thanks for taking the time to express your experience from start to finish. Truly was memorable and we send continuous blessings and congratulations again to the both of you and look forward to seeing you again soon! Sincerely, Management &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 sparrow C

My husband and I had an AMAZING reception in the Sunset Room at A Villa Louisa on September 03rd 2016! Our reception was greater than all of our expectations and it was everything we could have imagined! The food was absolutely incredible, from the appetizers to the entrees...... Read More our guests are still raving about how delicious everything was! Lana, our coordinator was just wondeful as was the entire staff! Everybody at A Villa Louisa was so attentive and every little detail was taken care of! All of my handmade details were set up just as I had described them and the room was so beautiful! We had the best experience ever and we could not have hoped for more! I strongly recommend A Villa Louisa, if you have your wedding or reception here you will not be disappointed! Mikele and Rick Cater

2016-12-23T08:48:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mikele for taking the time to give us a review on your experience here with A Villa Louisa! We all want to say many congratulations again and do hope to see you and Rick here with us in the very near future! Sincerely,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jaime G

Villa Louisa is a beautiful to get married at and have your reception. The outdoor gazebo area with all of the flowers and beautiful scenery is great. The food at villa Louisa is outstanding and all our guests raved about it.

2016-12-23T08:45:41 Response from the vendor

We all thank you for choosing us here at A Villa Louisa to make your wedding, something for your guests to rave about. We truly enjoyed working with you and send congratulations again and hope to see you back here with us in the near... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristopher P

We had never heard of A Villa Louisa before we checked out the venue and didn't know anybody (personally) who ever had gotten married there so you can understand we were a bit reluctant to be the "first" to give it a try. After meeting with Asim & his staff though, we were VERY... Read More impressed. Things were so smooth & easy going I had secretly wondered whether this was "too good to be true". Whatever we had hoped for was 10x's better! The food, venue, drinks, staff and ESPECIALLY the dessert were all PERFECT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

2016-12-23T08:42:56 Response from the vendor

A Villa Louisa sends many thanks!!! Not just for taking the time to share your experience here with us but for letting us be a part of making your special day, a dream come true! Congratulations again and we hope to see you in the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Christin K

It was a wonderful magical day, everything was perfect, food was great, the staff was wonderful, it was the perfect day :)

2016-12-23T08:39:46 Response from the vendor

Many thanks from us all here at A Villa Louisa for choosing us to be a part of your special day and to take a moment to share your experience. Congratulations again and we look forward to seeing you guys in the near future! Sincerely,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 amanda o

We couldn't have asked for a better day. We are particular and they followed our requests beautifully. Our guests are still talking about the food and saying it was the best wedding food they have ever had. You will not be disappointed with Asim and his amazing crew!

2016-12-23T08:37:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience here at A Villa Louisa! We enjoyed working with you and hope to see you back in the near future. Sincerely, Management & Staff!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

I had my son's wedding here and I couldn't say enough about the venue. From the owner , wedding coordinator, wait staff to the bartenders everyone went over and beyond to make the reception amazing. The appetizers , meals , and desserts were delicious and so many all my guest... Read More are still talking about the quality and quantity of food they had. We also had the ceremony at the venue, thechapel is beautiful and everything went off beautifully. While talking to the owner of A Villa Louisa we mentioned we were looking for a location for the rehearsal dinner, he suggested having it right there in the smaller room. Not wanting the rehearsal dinner to be anything like the wedding reception Esim tailored a menu to exactly to what we want. I have no problem referring anyone to A Villa Louisa as a amazing venue for any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Ashley E

I recommend anyone looking for a venue to seriously consider A Villa Louisa. We had our wedding there on June 25, 2016 and it was PERFECT. Throughout the whole wedding process, Asim (the owner) and Amy (the day of coordinator) were incredibly accommodating, professional and... Read More really made us feel like family. We had our ceremony up at their gazebo on-site, which we loved. Everything ran smoothly from the beginning to the end. Every one of our guests loved the food, atmosphere and energy of the wait staff. Our wedding really did flow perfectly and I have A Villa Louisa to thank for that.

2016-07-19T09:09:12 Response from the vendor

We first want to thank you for taking the time to express your experience here with us at A Villa Louisa! We take pride in what we do and have a team here that truly cares and caters to our guest as this is not... Read Less Read More

Best wedding service

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I cannot thank you enough for how beautiful our wedding was! You and your team did an amazing job from day one.  Planning a wedding is not an easy task, but you made it as stress and worry free for me (and Martin too!) as possible. Everything was perfect and beyond what I was... Read More imagining. My most sincerest thanks and appreciation.

2016-12-23T09:21:40 Response from the vendor

We here at A Villa Louisa send out many thanks to you for choosing us to make your day, a special, memorable day! We hope to see you again in the near future... Sincerely, Management & Staff!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Cassandra M

Lana and the staff at A Villa Louisa are top notch! My husband and I had our wedding reception at AVL on 10/10/15 and the day could not have gone more PERFECTLY. All of our guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the delicious food, and the friendliness of the staff. Lana... Read More was a joy to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was always quick to respond to my emails/calls and had such creative ideas to make our day memorable. We cannot say thank you enough!!

Amazing venue!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sydney L

After visiting countless other venues(and cringing at some of the prices that we were quoted), my wife and I finally visited A Villa Louisa and knew right away that it was the place for us. We were married there in June and could not have had a better experience. Lana, our... Read More wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing and made what some may consider a stressful time, into a wonderful and memorable experience. The ballroom was beautiful and the food was so great that we even received compliments from our pickiest of relatives! The entire staff at A Villa Louisa was so helpful to us and all of our guests. The property itself is incredible and our photographer was able to capture the beauty of it in every photo. If we could do it over again, we wouldn't change a thing! - Sydney and Stephanie Laudano

Amazing Ceremony and Reception Venue!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My husband and I got married on 9/12/2015 at A Villa Louisa, and it couldn't have been a more perfect day! The food was excellent, our guests are still raving about it. The venue was beautiful, inside and out. And their wedding coordinator Lana, is truly the best! She helped me... Read More pin my dress up when my bustle broke, and was available every step of the wedding planning, even coming in on her days off to meet with us. The best part of this venue was that everything was included, no need to worry about flower centerpieces, wedding cake, guest name cards, etc., because they provide all those. All you have to do is show up and the A Villa Louisa staff make sure the day is magical. In terms of price, quality, attention to detail, and organization, this beautiful ceremony and reception site deserves 5 stars!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

A Villa Louisa was absolutely wonderful! Planner and coordinator Lana was so helpful and made wedding planning super easy and relaxed! The food was top notch, my guests kept saying how the food was never ending and so delicious! It rained on my day but Lana and the other... Read More employees at A Villa Louisa quickly moved everything inside and made the inside space special as well! My day was perfect from start to finish!!