A Villa Louisa

Bolton/Glastonbury, CT

Book Your Wedding with A Villa Louisa

A BALLROOM IN BOLTON/GLASTONBURY, CT

Gazebo. Flagstone steps lead to the lovely white painted gazebo for an outdoor ceremony to remember.

Pergola. A stately white pergola with elegant white columns is accessed via a walkway that meanders over a lovely little white bridge. Landscaping, fountains and other garden features provide abundant portrait backdrops.

Grand Ballroom. A welcoming foyer has a lovely waterfall and windows overlooking Birch Mountain. This leads to an ample ballroom space with chandeliers, fireplaces, high ceilings and neutral decor to match any wedding colors. With a dance floor there is room for 300 guests, and without the dance floor there's room for 350 guests. Up to 400 guests may be accommodated if you have a cocktail reception. The Grand Ballroom may also be divided into smaller spaces.

Sunset Room. The wraparound bar and flagstone porch make this a lovely intimate venue for 25 seated guests with a dance floor, 50 guests with no dance floor and up to 90 for a cocktail reception. The large windows give beautiful sunset vistas of Birch Mountain.

A Villa Louisa is a full-service wedding venue, so no outside food or drink is permitted. There are a variety of packages, including the Italian Feast, the Irish Wedding and the Kings and Queens reception package. Many include roses, premium liquor packages and Viennese tables.

Cuisine is mostly American and Italian, and special dietary restrictions can almost always be honored, including gluten-, lactose- and nut-free as well as organic, no pork and vegan. A mashed potato bar, candy bar, ice cream sundae bar and chocolate fountain are available.

The minimum guest count is 25. If you have fewer guests show up than the reservations indicated, you may take home their unused portions. China, glassware, tables and linens are included in the site rental. Setup and cleanup are included, and cake-cutting and cake service are included. Bar service includes a bartender.

You may choose from cocktails and appetizers, buffet service, five-course plated meals and late night snacks. Entrees include prime rib, shrimp and eggplant dishes.

• Romantic sunset horse-drawn carriage rides
  • Ice sculptures for an additional charge
  • Adults-only martini bar available
  • Chef-attended crepe station available
  • Ethnic weddings welcome

Beautiful Grounds at A Villa Louisa Glastonbury

Your wedding will be unique in our elegant Grand Ballroom. You will create breathtaking memories on our beautiful and picturesque grounds. Exceptional service, superb menu & top quality foods will complete your special day. YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE at A Villa Louisa; call now 860 646 3161.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

60 Villa Louisa Rd, Bolton/Glastonbury, CT (860) 646-3161

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Dana P

Having my wedding at A Villa Louisa was absolutely amazing! The food was great. Along with that, the help with the staff was the best part. I didn't have to worry about anything and Harold who works there is so great at his job and is tremendously amazing, he helped me... Read More throughout the day and night and even before the wedding he came up with great ideas that I didn't even come across and he made everything organized and come along just how I planned. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding at A Villa Louisa.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Monica V

Our wedding took place at A Villa Louisa in Bolton, CT on August 18, 2017. They did an incredible job. We were thrilled. We had a brunch style wedding. The ceremony was on sight, the food was delicious, and the staff was amazing. Harold helped us with every detail. I would... Read More highly recommend A Villa Louisa to any couple looking to get married . They also hosted my 40th birthday party . Another amazing job, which is why we chose to have our wedding there. For brides and grooms who think they can't have a wedding because of their budgets , you are so wrong. The packages are all so affordable and offer so much more than you would think. We also planned our entire wedding there in less than a couple of months because we were going to elope originally. Until we talked with A Villa Louisa! Many many thanks to them again for making our wedding a day we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Amber N

We had our wedding in the Sunset Room on 10/21/17. Absolutely perfect! Food was amazing. Harold was exceptional, took care of everything for us and made sure everything went smoothly. I can't say enough great things about him and the staff at A Villa Louisa.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Amber N

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Emily K

A Villa Louisa was a fantastic place to get married. It's a quiet area, so for the outdoor ceremony, you don't have to worry about traffic noises! Harold was absolutely wonderful throughout the process! Unfortunately, the woman that we worked with up until a month before our... Read More wedding left, but he did a fantastic job meeting with us and making sure everything we planned went off without a hitch! The food was great! Everyone is still raving about it. It was such a great night, and he really made it! They made everything seem so seamless, and weren't pulling us away every 5 minutes. He made everything flow perfectly! Our experience was so wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kelsey L

We had our wedding there on Ovtober 7th and have nothing but amazing things to say about A Villa Louisa. They were so helpful in answering every question I had along the way. Leading up to the wedding they made sure everything was perfect and all our guests had the best time.... Read More Harold was there for our whole wedding and couldn’t have ask for a better person to walk us threw our day. He made sure everything went perfectly. The food, service, and overall experience was beyond my wildest dreams and exceeded all expectations. Thank you sooo much guys for truly the best wedding day!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Laurie T

It was a wonderful experience having our wedding at A Villa Louisa. The grounds and venue are absolutely beautiful, the food was superb, and the service was fabulous! They were so very easy to work with, and they took care of every detail. Our guests keep talking about the... Read More beauty of it and how delicious the food was!! Harold was the absolute best!! I will always remember being across the street having pictures taken, and there came Harold with drinks for me and my husband He was so attentive to us...we didn't have to worry about a thing!! Thank you A Villa Louisa!! Greg and Laurie Roy

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Sydney G

Harold and his staff at A Villa Louisa were all so amazing for our wedding! Harold particularly went above and behond for us and our guests. If you have your wedding here ask for Harold to be the coordinator!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Elaine E

The staff was great and very accommodating. The food was excellent and the venue very relaxing and family friendly. We had a fantastic time at our wedding. We highly recommend this venue to others who are planning their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Sabrina C

My husband and I got married in Aruba in July 2017 and chose to have our CT reception at A Villa Louisa. We worked with Angela and Lana throughout the planning process to ensure that our reception was low key and a fun celebration for everyone who could not attend our ceremony... Read More in Aruba. We had heard rave reviews about the food so we decided to book our CT reception there since it could accommodate larger parties. We had about 180 guests in attendance. The food was excellent and we had guests telling us weeks after the event that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding venue! All of our guests had a great time and loved the venue. We can’t wait to go back to try the brunch!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Andrea M

Your beginning to end it was a great experience. When it came down to the wedding. Everything was perfect. The food was amazing. We asked all of our guests what they thought. They said it was absolutely beautiful and the food was superb! I thought this place had the best deal... Read More out of everyone which was a plus!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Brian A

My new wife and I were struggling to find a venue for our wedding as we were trying to put everything together in 4 months. Then she attended a bridal expo at A Villa Louisa which was a game changer. The banquet hall was perfect and spoke for itself needing very few decorations.... Read More The waterfall in the “lobby” area was beautiful. The outside patio area (with another waterfall) looked gorgeous and the gazebo area where we had the ceremony was picture-perfect and located very close to the reception which was needed as we had many elder family members; some in wheelchairs, in attendance who had no difficulty getting from the ceremony to the reception. Additionally, the venue offered quite a few areas for some amazing pictures. The day of the event went flawless much to the credit of Harald who I believe is the event coordinator. Harald was always there for us prior to the event to answer any questions and when it came time to deliver he exceeded all expectation. The entire staff was friendly, professional and accommodation which I feel is a product of Harald’s leadership and work ethic. There is no doubt in my mind A Villa Louisa will be at the top of a short list for any future event.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Cornelia Z

We had a terrific wedding at A Villa Louisa! There are a lot of beautiful places in New England and some of them even have good food. Villa Louisa definitely has both, but the part that made it really great was the staff. Our "coordinators" were very helpful with the... Read More planning, and was both willing to accommodate us when we wanted something done in a particular way and to offer reasonable defaults when we didn't have strong feelings. On the day of, Lana somehow kept everything running smoothly, without being pushy or impossible to find. Based on friends' weddings, I expected to be a lot more frazzled, but everything went perfectly and we had a blast. The chef/owner was also very accommodating and helped us develop a menu that met everyone's diet.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jennifer D

I can't say enough great things about A Villa Louisa. Everything is amazing, from the food to the staff. I couldn't have asked for a more helpful coordinator or staff that is looking to make your day magical.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Jenn B

We got married on 9/2/17 at A Villa Louisa and I cannot express how amazing everything was. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing. It's 2 weeks later and I still have guests coming up to me telling me how much they enjoyed the food, the staff and the venue.... Read More The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and so well maintained, I didn't have to add any of my own decorations outside for the ceremony or really inside at all. As a bride there is a lot going on leading up to the final day, after our final meeting the week prior to the wedding, I can honestly say, I had no worries or concerns with anything. Lana and Harold are a pleasure to work with and made it such a wonderful experience that I will never forget. The entire night went as smooth as possible and I could not be happier. The staff was amazing and always making sure we, as well as our guests, had everything we needed. I had a few odd requests and when I asked if they could be done, there was no hesitation. I wish I could host a party here every weekend :-) I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lauren V

A Villa Louisa was the perfect place for my husband and I to get married. We got to work with Harold and Lana both of who we so nice and so very easy to work with. The food was fantastic. Want to go back and do it all over again just to eat. My guest couldn't get over the food... Read More and how much we had to offer them. They set the room with my truck load of decor perfectly. Everyone loved everything. Still hearing from people saying it it truly is the best wedding they have attended. Harold was truly with best banquet manager/bride best friend I could ask for. He was there for every need and silly question. Any bride would be so lucky to have him at her side. I really don't have one negative comment to say!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Rae A

Great experience

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jessica F

We got married here Saturday, August 26, 2017. The ceremony was held by the waterfall, it was beautiful. We had such a wonderful experience!! The staff really worked hard to make our day extra special , Lana and Harold went above and beyond to assure that everything went... Read More according to planned. The food was delicious, the servers kept checking on us asking us if we needed anything. My guests had a wonderful time and are still ranting and raving about how much fun they had. I didn't even have to set up decorations/party favors, etc. I dropped everything off in a box at the final meeting, and they set it up just the way I wanted it!! I couldn't express enough how happy I was with A Villa Louisa. We also took pictures on the grounds, they came out beautiful!! I would definitely recommend this venue for any occasion!! They made my dream come true. Everything I envisioned as a bride on my wedding day, they made it happen! Thank you!! Special thanks to Lana, she is awesome!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Julian B

A Villa Louisa hosted our wedding in June of 2017. Angela (and the rest of the team) were awesome to work with from our first meeting through execution of the event. They were willing to do as much or as little as we needed, but most importantly allowed us to avoid stress and... Read More truly enjoy our special day. The ceremony was on site. The outdoor area / gazebo were done up very nicely. Despite a quick rainstorm, everything went as planned. There are several good areas for pictures - we did all of ours on site before and after the ceremony. We opted for a daytime (Saturday) brunch reception from 12-5. The brunch buffet options all turned out very well - actually exceeded expectations. We definitely enjoyed the food and our guest also provided very positive reviews. Overall - we would highly recommend A Villa Louisa to host a wedding ceremony and reception. The grounds are well manicured and making for an ideal setting for both pictures and ceremony. The staff was very accommodating and easy to work with. They offer a great price point relative to other options we considered. Last but not least, the food was great!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jennifer T

We could not be happier with our wedding experience at A Villa Louisa. We had a smaller wedding with about 100 guests on a Sunday. Angela and Charlene exceeded our expectations and were amazing throughout the whole planning process and also on our wedding day. Their... Read More professionalism and attention to detail was very impressive! I especially liked that A Villa Louisa has relationships with trusted local vendors and some of their services are included in the packaging pricing. It made it very easy for me! The catering staff and bartender also went the extra mile for us and our guests. One of the reasons we originally chose A Villa Louisa is because we had heard that the food was great and it absolutely was! We heard nothing but great things from our guests. We wanted to have our ceremony and photos onsite in their garden area and I am so glad we did! It was beautiful! Not only would I absolutely recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding experience, I would also recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or bridal shower, a birthday party, or a corporate event as they can accommodate all of them. You will not be disappointed with this venue!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Natalie D

We had our wedding on 6/17/17 and it was perfect! All of our guests have said they had an amazing time and that everything was wonderful, especially the food! Angela and Amy were FABULOUS with helping the bridal party stay on track and were so helpful with the whole planning... Read More process. Right before it was my turn to walk down the aisle, I realized that I didn't have my bridal bouquet; left it in the bridal suite!! Amy must have seen the distress on my face and took off running to retrieve my bouquet just in time! She's a lifesaver!! And although my hubby and I didn't really have a chance to sit & eat, the staff made sure to pack up our meals for us to take home so we could eat later. Thank you to everyone at the venue for making my wedding day so magical!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Shannon K

Our experience at A Villa Louisa was nothing short of amazing! Throughout the entire planning process Angela was so helpful in answering any and all questions we had. On the evening of our wedding, everything went perfectly. The entire staff was so helpful in making sure our and... Read More our guest needs we're being met. The venue itself is beautiful, and the food was DELICIOUS, our guests loved it! Overall I would absolutely recommend A Villa Louisa to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with great food and an easy experience, there was no stress involved at all.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Debbi T

Absolutely positively fantastic! Could not have been a better venue for the Gummoe's wedding. Very accommodating. Excellent staff. Absolute perfection. Stress-free planning assistance. Angela and Amy are the best in the business. Excellent food and over-the-top Venetian dessert... Read More bar. Way more than we anticipated and the best value for the money. Sunday brunches are also amazing.--MOB/Financier

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Sally A

We had our wedding reception at A Villa Louisa on May 27th 2017. We could not have asked for a better venue. Everything about our day exceeded all our expectations. All the staff were wonderful throughout the entire planning process, and treated us and our guests amazingly on... Read More the big day. All the inclusions on the price of the reception was a major plus. It made the planning and budget of our wedding reception much more manageable. The grounds are lovely and we got some beautiful pictures on site. We are so grateful to the entire A Villa Louisa team for all their hard work in making our day fabulous!

2017-06-16T12:12:13 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate your feedback and being a part of your memorable day. Very heart felt. We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future. Sincerely, Management & Staff

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Miguel P

They are not willing to work with you, only to their advantage and they will take your money but will work with you if you pay again... Very disappointing.

2017-05-16T17:31:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry that you had to cancel your wedding date due to unforeseen circumstances on your end. As stated in our contract that deposits are non-refundable but we are still willing to work... Read Less Read More