2017 TheKnot Best Of Weddings Winner!

Let's Create A Wedding That Is Uniquely You! 2017 is shaping up to be a great wedding year and calls and emails are coming in everyday for 2018, so call or email today before someone else steals your date away! Let's talk about creating a wedding that is uniquely you! Make sure you ask about my special $100 ceremony discount for enlisted military personnel!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

1618 Pugh Drive, Winston-Salem , NC 100 mile radius from Winston-Salem (336) 293-6774

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Lindsay S

This man will go ABOVE & BEYOND your DJ expectations. I found Greg by searching through the knot & reading everyone's reviews (probably the exact thing you are trying to figure out right now if you're readying this) Look no further! I decided to reach out based on the reviews I... Read More read and Greg was very prompt to respond. We started with a phone call & he emailed me out a packet of info about himself. Once we secured the date he gave us access to the most amazing/helpful/organized website I've ever seen pertaining to wedding music selection. Who honestly thinks about choosing a song to cut their cake to? To see everything laid out in front of you makes a daunting task look easy. For months we worked on our song selections, and about 4 months before our wedding Greg met us at our venue (4 hours away from his home) just to meet us and get a feel for the space. He obviously did not have to do this, but it was SO nice to meet him and know who we would be working with on the day of our wedding. But this wouldn't be the only time he did more than was asked of him. We had asked my little sister to marry us, who had no clue how to run a ceremony, so when we decided to have Greg play the music for that part of the wedding he offered to show up for the rehearsal & helped outline & suggest how to make everything flow. This took all of the stress off of us. On many occasions he offered to do anything he could to help me & was always available via email or phone call. I can not recommend him enough! I even had wedding guests offering to leave a review because he was just that accommodating. On the day of our wedding everything went more than smooth, in large part thanks to him. We can not thank Greg enough!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Greg at Winston Salem Wedding DJ. From our initial contact through follow up after the wedding Greg was professional, kind, and extremely helpful. He never batted an eye at our extremely diverse wedding party... Read More and guest list and welcomed all to our celebration. He worked seamlessly with our minister and ensured that everyone was in the proper place at the proper time. I cannot recommend his services enough. He went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was a success. Thank you Greg!

Awesome DJ service at our wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Amila W

Thank You for an awesome reception. Everyone including my wife and I had an absolute blast at the reception. We loved how you kept people out there on the dance floor all night. There was never a gap in the entertainment which is one thing we hate at receptions. Thank you... Read More for making our day that much more special and we will be sure to recommend you to anyone looking for a DJ in the area.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Lorrie R

Greg did an awesome job as DJ for my daughter's wedding. He is professional and knowledgeable, and helped make the entire experience much more relaxed for all of us. He did a great job leading us through song selections, and assisting with making it the wedding of my... Read More daughter's dreams. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Melynda H

Greg was the absolute best. If you are looking for an affordable DJ that knows what he's doing, he's your man. He was so easy to work with and very understanding. He is the perfect "event coordinator". I did not hire a wedding coordinator or director because my church provided... Read More one at their location but I was in a bit of a panic because I needed someone who knew what they were doing at the reception. I'd never been married before, what did I know. I show up as a guest to weddings for the food and booze (and to support and love my friends!) so Greg was perfect. He lined everything out, made sure I was okay with it, and all I had to do was pick my music. He seriously made it so easy. Pick him, you will not be disappointed, I promise.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kevin G

Greg was very helpful and professional and was able to adapt to our slightly unconventional wedding reception -- we had a great time and are very grateful for Greg's role in that special event! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Gabe D

Greg took an active role in planning our reception and was very organized from the first time we talked with him. We didn't realize how many different things needed to happen to make our reception enjoyable for us and our guests, but Greg had it planned out. We were able to... Read More sit and enjoy our guests and Greg took care of making sure it all happened. Definitely a great value for service and price! We enjoyed picking out the music and how he has the website set up for choosing music.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Claire S

We LOVED Greg! He was well prepared for every meeting we had prior to the wedding and did a fantastic job on the wedding day! He was so wonderful to work with and he made it so easy for us to select the music we wanted played at the reception. Greg was always very calm and... Read More collected, even when I called the evening before the wedding with a song change. He greeted me with a glass of water at the reception, which was extremely appreciated. One of the most important aspects we loved about Greg is that he conformed his performance and level of participation in the reception to meet our preferences. We had a morning wedding and he did a great job of introducing the bridal party, the first dances, and the cake cutting. But he also did a wonderful job of sitting back and allowing us to enjoy the music and each other's company. Greg was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katie G

Greg was fun, friendly, communicative, and professional from beginning to end. His services as DJ and emcee of the reception are comprehensive and affordable. If you're lucky enough to have a wedding date where he's available, it's a no-brainer.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Susan M

Greg was wonderful! He was very professional and his attention to detail was remarkable. He went out of his way to make our wedding day so special, and I would highly recommend him to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Cheyenne C

Greg mclesee was our dj for my wedding ! He was the best most respectful humble guy for the job I have ever met ! He was very good with advice and listened to everything I had to say or wanted he knew how to calm me down when he saw I was stressed and knew how to make me laugh... Read More :) he made my day perfect and I made a good friend out of getting to know him I would recommend him to anyone his upbeat fun music and personality is absolutely incredible :)

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Anastasia S

Greg is absolutely amazing and we are so happy we chose him as our DJ! He is incredibly kind and helpful and took over with a number of things about the wedding that had been really stressing me out. He took our small, family oriented reception and made it into a party where... Read More everyone felt included. He even bought a bubble machine so our two year old son would have a great time, and he definitely did! I can't recommend Greg highly enough, if you want the best then he's your guy!

2016-06-14T10:34:04 Response from the vendor

Anastasia, you and Joe honored me just by allowing me to share in your special day! Folks, Ana's husband is an Iraq war veteran that had just returned from a tour of duty prior to the wedding, so this was truly a very special honor... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Judy K

A-mazing. There was one person who was more obsessed with making my wedding the best ever, and that was Greg the DJ. Great music, unbelievable attention to detail, amazing to work with, and a blast to party with. Thanks, Greg!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Morgan D

Greg was wonderful! He really made us feel like we were the only couple he was preparing for! The music for our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch! Greg was prepared, and professional! He really helped us have a fabulous wedding! Thank you Greg!!

2016-04-18T22:49:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Morgan. I was honored and humbled to play a small part in your special day. The groomsman story about Sheetz had me (as well as everyone else) in stitches. I want to wish you and Jonathan a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Michele S

Greg is the best DJ I have ever heard, and I've been to a lot of weddings. (five in the last three years) He listens to exactly what the couple wants and gives 110%. I would recommend him to anyone who wants an amazing wedding.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

Greg did a great job directing as well as DJ. We are pleased with his services, he is very organized and always gets right back to you when you email him.

A perfect night

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Deanna W

After having some hiccups with my wedding planner, the DJ stepped in and filled his role as DJ but also as the wedding planner flawlessly. He directed both the ceremony and reception as well as keeping everyone engaged and entertained. He did a fantastic job and if you are... Read More looking for a DJ, he is amazing and so great to work with. I highly recommend Winston Salem Wedding DJ

Great DJ

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Kevin B

Greg was a great addition to our wedding. We booked him after a last minute cancellation and he was probably one of the best moves we made throughout the entire process. When hiring Greg you get much more than just a DJ. Greg quarterbacked our wedding for us to give us time to... Read More not stress and just enjoy the day. I would recommend Greg to ANYONE looking for a DJ.

2015-06-03T13:43:12 Response from the vendor

Kevin and Heather, thank you so much for a wonderful review. I was only too happy to step in and help guide the process in a very hands off way. I simply wanted these two to have a great day, folks. It is my only... Read Less Read More

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 1/07/2015

Greg was my daughter's DJ for her wedding, and he was without a doubt, THE BEST !!! I had been to a friend's wedding, years ago, in which he was their DJ and I knew then, we would use him for our daughter's wedding. He has a very personable and warm personality that you can... Read More only love. He is very professional and you can just tell, he enjoys what he doing and he does it with class. Thanks for everything. Kathy Lanham

Good Value

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Abby R

Greg was definitely a great price compared to the other DJs we looked into and came highly recommended. He was very friendly and easy to work with - very accessible and enthusiastic. We met with him several times (over the phone and in person) over the course of our wedding... Read More planning so we expected our reception to be fun and flawless. Well, we definitely got what we paid for... Our "special songs" like our first dance were correct and we were very pleased with that. However, we gave a very detailed list of our "must plays" and "do not plays" so his job should have been pretty easy for that portion but, unfortunately, those requests were not really met during our reception. Only a few of our must-plays were actually played and many songs we didn't want to hear were played. Luckily none of our guests noticed this mistake but we certainly did which was disappointing and caused us unnecessary stress on our big day. He also came to our reception with an attitude towards us, our bridal party, and our families which was pretty surprising and embarrassing for us. His microphones kept cutting out during the toasts which was frustrating (to us and him) since he had so much equipment set up. All-in-all, Greg definitely enjoys a good time and likes to throw a party. Just don't give him a specific list of what you want played or you may be disappointed. He seemed to stick to the mix or list of songs he already had in mind and didn't bother paying attention to our wants despite how many times we met and discussed this. Nice guy, very passionate about his job, but the music was definitely the most disappointing part of our day.

Thanks you so much for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Sarah C

My husband and I are so glad we choose Greg McLeese from Winston Salem DJ to do our ceremony and reception. Everything was wonderful from the rehearsal to he day off Greg made everything perfect for us. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. We loved the music... Read More choices at the reception- fun for old and young and we didn't have to give him a play list which saved us a whole lot of wasted time just genres of music. Greg was also great about taking requests! We really enjoyed everything and would highly recommend him. Will and Sarah Rickman November 9th WinMock at Kinderton

2013-12-07T15:22:19 Response from the vendor

Sarah my dear friend, thank you so much for your kind words. I am humbled that you and Will showed such enthusiasm at both the ceremony and reception. It was truly an honor to play a small part in your big day. I want to... Read Less Read More

Greg McLeese is a fantastic wedding DJ....

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Christen J

He brought the party!! My husband Brandon and I had a few basic "wants" out of our wedding reception. Number 1 on that list was that we wanted people to let their hair down and have a great time... dance, shake it, wobble, etc. With Greg's party leadership we got just that.... Read More Guests tell us they were sore the next day from dancing so much... and some that said they hadn't danced in years, but shook their moneymaker at our reception. All of this is courtesy of Winston-Salem Wedding DJ. Brides, if you want someone to bring the party at your reception for an EXCELLENT PRICE... there is no other option... go with WSWDJ... you won't regret it!

2013-11-07T10:31:22 Response from the vendor

Christen, my dear friend, I am truly humbled by your words. Folks, as Chris said, this was truly a party. And I owe it all to Brandon and his lovely bride. They were wonderful to work with, and gave me the creative freedom to make... Read Less Read More

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/04/2013

Greg is experienced and knows his music. The wedding and reception (which he did both) flowed like clockwork. Energized and creative, he was great to work with! The night was amazing!!! He kept us on schedule, worked well with the staff, and we enjoyed a stress-free evening.... Read More Not only does Greg have the best equipment, he was ALWAYS available in the planning and that was wonderful! Greg listens and understands what the bridal party wants and that makes for a perfect wedding! Our guests were very happy and so were we! We loved it all! Thank you Greg! A day for us to remember!

2013-12-17T21:03:19 Response from the vendor

I love it when the mother of the bride writes a short note about my business practices, whether it's positive or negative. It helps me understand what I did right and what I can do to improve if it they weren't pleased. This reviewer (Jane... Read Less Read More

Holly and Alex's Wedding 9/10/11

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Holly V

Greg did a fantastic job with the music and lighting at our reception. He is personable and has a lot of fun with his role as the DJ. I gave him very little direction with our music- basically just told him our likes and dislikes- and he absolutely hit the nail on the head.... Read More He even went out of his way to find an obscure version of our first dance song that I was dying to have but could not find on iTunes. My guests and I spent a lot of the evening on the dance floor dancing to all of the best songs! I am so thankful I found Greg and would highly recommend his services. If you want a great party, Greg is your guy!

2013-12-17T21:07:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Holly, for such sweet words. I am humbled and honored that you chose to allow me to be a small part of your day. It really was a great event, where I was encouraged by the mother of the bride and the bride,... Read Less Read More

Anna and Matt's wedding, 7/20/13

Reviewed on 8/05/2013

Greg is a real professional - he was so great to work with throughout our wedding planning process and of course on the wedding day as well. He provided music for our wedding reception and also acted as MC, keeping everything running smoothly so we didn't have to worry about a... Read More thing. His music choices fit our tastes really well, and he had guests of all ages up on the dance floor having a great time! Greg took the time to get to know our tastes and our expectations, and for that reason our reception was everything we had hoped for, and fun for all of our guests. I highly recommend him if you're looking for a wedding DJ!

2013-12-18T02:54:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Anna. I was very excited and humbled to help you achieve your goals for a fun reception. I want to wish you and Matt the very best for a bright, happy and prosperous future.

Greg McLeese

A Single Operator with deep roots in and a love for the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County community. I have an extensive background in Radio, Television and Theater Arts and Staging and was employed with various radio stations throughout the state from 1980 to 1991 as a disc jockey/voice talent, The ABC/ESPN/Disney Television Networks as a Technical Engineer/Voice Talent from 1984 to 2003, Wake Forest University as a Contract Multimedia Technician from 2003 to 2005 and employed with the CBS Televsion Network as a technician since 2005. I also am a guest fill in DJ at local nightclubs.