Abacus Studio (Photography + Video)

New Jersey, New York and tri-state area

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010

4475 South Clinton Avenue, South Plainfield, NJ
New Jersey, New York and tri-state area

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lillian C

Alex, the owner of Abacus Studio, is awesome. He is super friendly, nice, and worked with us on our budget. Great with responding to questions and concerns. We got to work with Doug, Michelle, and Damian. Michelle and Damian were both super friendly and nice and laughed with... Read More us through the whole process which made the day feel carefree and lovely. Doug was definitely more serious but was great at directing shots and making sure he got the best shot. We truly enjoyed working with this team. You can tell it's a small business and they remember their clients and care about their special day. I'm so happy I didn't go with one of the bigger companies that have a bunch of random photographers. We got a TON of pictures from them after the wedding, they captured our wedding perfectly and we were so happy with the results. They were also SUPER patient and accommodating with all my crazy picture requests (one involved the whole wedding party of 18 people running away from the ocean, and they helped us photoshop a shark jumping out of the ocean haha) Would recommend them to any of our family or friends. We actually miss seeing them because they were so nice haha! Miss you guys and thanks so much for a perfect day!

2016-08-02T10:30:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you. I am happy to hear that the things which we believe makes our company great, and the experience couples have with Abacus studios great, is clearly seen and experienced by our clients. Check Out the Shark pic on our facebook page and web... Read Less Read More

Best pictures ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Elizabeth K

From the moment we met with Alex at his studio we know we wanted to work with these photographers! Alex was so welcoming and easy to talk to that it made the process of choosing a photographer very easy. Michelle was beyond fantastic on our big day - not to mention that she... Read More drove all the way down to LBI for our engagement pictures as well this summer! She was so much fun and so easy to talk to/work with. She had the best ides for pictures with our bridal party and they all came out even better than we could have imagined. Honestly we looked like rock stars! I cannot recommend Abacus enough! Everyone felt so comfortable with Michelle at our wedding which resulted in the best pictures! She was fun, creative, easy going and found a way to be inconspicuous throughout the day. THANK YOU THANK YOU Abacus for the best wedding pictures a bride could ask for!

2015-10-12T10:17:54 Response from the vendor

It is always our pleasure to receive feedback like this. It lets us know we have the right formula and a great staff of dedicated professionals to ensure each couples has an incredible experience. Thank you:)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sarah T

I could NOT have asked for anything better, our photographer captured exactly what we wanted, she was fun and we all had a great time. Photo turn around time was super fast!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

Abacus Studio did a great job on our wedding day. I too am a professional photographer in addition to being very meticulous and extremely organized person, so I had a day of time line itinerary laid out down to the minute. Our photographer, Michelle and video-grapher, Damian... Read More had flowed it to the T. (Even though it rained for the most part of the day, the minute it stopped we took advantage of the garden in Nanina's in the Park where I was having my ceremony and reception). Michelle and Damian were extremely friendly and upbeat. My entire wedding party was raving about their friendliness and excitement throughout the day. I wish it could have lasted longer, our day went by so fast. As organized as I was there were some shots I thought of after the fact, but what I had mentioned I wanted, Michelle made sure I got those shots before she left for the night. (For example, I had a cousin who flew in from Italy and I had to make sure I got a picture with him and Michelle made sure that happened). None the less, there will always be something you forget to take a picture of on the day of your wedding, but my overall experience with Abacus Studio was amazing. With the same shooting style as me (thought I did take notes, because we got some really nice shots) I'm happy I hired them for our wedding. Alex the owner, is very friendly and down to earth, so easy to talk to. I emailed him anytime I had a question and he responded promptly. He even popped in during the reception to make sure everything was going to plan. We also had a photo booth that Abacus Studio provided, but with the running around and saying hello to guests, my husband and I didn't have the chance to take any pictures in it, however. We heard our guests had a nice time using it. Because of the rain our reception was cut short. Our ceremony was to be outside but had to move it inside and that took time to set up. If that didn't happen we would have had more time to take photo booth pictures, see more of our guests and ultimately have more time to take pictures outside as I requested, but you cannot predict mother nature. Overall, Andy and I were happy to have chosen Abacus Studio, they did a great job. I give the studio 4 starts because we haven't seen our pictures yet. We can't wait to see them and video. Thank you! Jenny and Andy Lai

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Christina R

What a great engagement photo shoot! We had Doug take our engagement pictures at Rutgers Garden, and he was fantastic! We may have picked the hottest, most humid day, but Doug was efficient, yet moved it along because it was unbearable. The pictures are incredible and we were so... Read More excited when we saw them, absolutely amazing. Abacus is so easy to work with and we are looking forward to having them at our wedding for the photography and videography.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Sarah D

We had an amazing experience with Abacus Studios for our May 27, 2016. We worked with Michelle and Joe on the day of and they were great. They were easy to work with and the photographs came out amazing. We also found that Abacus was a wonderful value for the service and highly... Read More recommend them to anyone looking for wedding photography!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Susan P

Amazing time!! Michelle was amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016

We chose Abacus Studios for our Wedding and worked with JC, Michelle and Damian and all the reviews are spot on! They were flexible on what we wanted and the price. On the day of the wedding it was very smooth and we received our gallery the week after our wedding. The photos... Read More are amazing and we cannot wait to begin working on our album. Thank you Abacus!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

The staff of Abacus studio were awesome. They made my special day even more special. Thank you so much for your work! Love to work with you guys!!

2016-04-04T15:48:21 Response from the vendor

Thank it a privilege to capture a couple wedding. Thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Courtney G

Let me start this off with I hate pictures of myself so I knew finding a photographer for our wedding was going to be a challenge. Abacus studio was the first place we spoke with and they set the bar VERY high for the other studios we met with. I was picky in the sense that I... Read More don't like staged pictures, I think they look set up and not genuine but Alex and team assured me that they would take quality pictures in a style that I would love, and they were right. We worked with Michelle and she was AMAZING. She fit right in with our wedding party and didn't even bat an eye when the groomsman were getting a little crazy while taking pictures. The pictures she took were amazing and I loved every single one of them, it was hard to only pick a handful for our book! She made me feel comfortable taking the pictures and also gave great suggestion of different places we could go to get great shots. I had a little issue that happened while getting out of the car to go to the church (car grease all down my dress) and I was very upset to say the least. She calmed me down (so not part of her job description) and made sure not 1 picture showed the black grease and she delivered! I would recommend (and have) Abacus studio to anyone who is looking for a top notch studio that is responsive and answers questions long after your special day is over.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Elaine P

wonderful company and team of experts! Michelle and Damien captured the most wonderful moments of the day and the pictures were absolutely beautiful! I recommend this team to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/13/2015

I could not have asked for a better photographer and videographer, or for better photos. But let me start at the the beggining. Alex, who is one of the owners of the studio, was very approachable and met with my family for a few consultations. He was very willing to work within... Read More our budget, and to give us the photos of our dreams. On the day of the wedding, our photographer Michelle and and our videographer Damian both arrived bright and early and went to work. They captured every moment beautifully and were very professional. They made my entire bridal party have fun and feel comfortable. I reviewed the post wedding proofs and our photos came out amazing! Michelle captured every shot. Also, we used a photo booth for our wedding. The guests loved it and had a blast! I would recommend Abacus to every bride and groom out there looking to have an exceptional team for their special event!

2016-04-04T15:50:33 Response from the vendor

Your review is greatly appreciated as our staff of dedicated photographers, videographers and event professionals, work hard to ensure you not only have great memories but you also had a great experience! Thank you.

Mom of groom

Reviewed on 12/10/2015

Abacus Photographers were extremely attentive during the wedding and before! We could not have asked for more kind and generous peole during our event! the quality of the pictures were beautiful and they did exactly what we wanted. I would finitely use them again for a future... Read More event. The wedding day went quite smooth due to their understanding an d patience of what we anticipated! I would highly recommend this photographer for anyone!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Cristina d

Abacus had done the photos for my sisters wedding in 2010 so I knew that I wanted to use them for my wedding. Alex was super laid back and able to meet with me with our budget. Michelle was fantastic with the photos and how she interacted with us all. She was my professional... Read More dress fluffer all evening haha. Damian was incredible with the videos and we can't wait to see the video. The pictures came out better then I even imagined. We can't decide on which pictures to use for our album because they are all so nice! Poor Michelle and Damian had to put up with our rowdy crazy firefighters and family. They were great!! I couldn't be happier. Thanks for getting Michael dressed for the cake cutting!!!!

Terrific Work

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Dana B

Our photographer was very friendly and open to making sure we got whatever shots we wanted. She had great suggestions and made sure to move around and take a lot of candid photos in conjunction with our posed photos.

Abacus Wedding Review

Reviewed on 9/05/2015 Alicia B

My husband and I were very happy with Abacus' photography and videography services for our wedding. Michelle and Damien were a pleasure to work with and we were thrilled with how the photos turned out. What was really nice was that we were able to pick the services we wanted... Read More a la carte, rather then having to buy a package deal. This made working with Abacus both easy and affordable. We would highly recommend using them for any photography needs. Best wishes, Alicia & Michael

awesome work & personalities!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 michelle k

Michelle & Damien did awesome for our special day!! They fit in like part of our family on our wedding day!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Kaitlyn Z

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience working with Abacus Studios for our wedding photography! Michelle captured all the special moments we could have imagined and more. She was flexible when we decided to change the plans last minute and made us and our... Read More families feel comfortable. She even helped during the hectic moments of the getting ready rush when an extra pair of hands to zip dresses was useful! Our photographs are beautiful and I couldn't imagine having used anyone different to photograph our wedding day. From the start, everyone at Abacus Studios was very helpful in answering any and all of our questions, no matter how silly they may have been!

My Daughters Wedding / Abacus

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

We just had our daughter's wedding this past Saturday, June 6th. 2015. I must it was wonderful. Our photographer's name was Doug. What can I say about Doug, Doug was Awesome. Professional, caring, patient, independent, intuitive, he was thorough and I simply loved the pictures... Read More he suggested. I will be looking forward to work with Doug/Abacus in the future. Mickey

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

I want to commend both Michelle and Michael for the outstanding job they both did at my daughter Laura’s wedding. I can’t wait to see the pictures and video! They were both professional but also very warm and friendly. Michele did a fantastic job wrangling my two and a... Read More half year old granddaughter/flower girl. Believe me, that is no easy task. Thank you very much, Joan (Mother of the Bride)

Outstanding service

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Tracy Ann P

Abacus made our day so memorable from start to finish. Our photographer, Michelle, came to the country club where I was getting ready to do the bridal preparation photos. Within the first 5 minutes, I felt like I had known her forever and she was part of my bridal party. In... Read More between snapping pictures, we chatted about everything and how much she loved her job and photographing weddings. It definitely showed throughout the day. She even cried with my husband and I after our best man's and maid of honor's toast. Our videographer, Damien was outstanding capturing everything from the ceremony, to the photo session and the craziness of our reception. The photobooth was manned by Alex, who was wonderful from the first day we walked in the office to book with him. He took the time to go over everything with us, and answered any questions we had along the way. So many family and friends are still saying how wonderful Abacus was, and how they got the perfect shots and blended right in with our party. They were truly a pleasure to work with!

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Nicole T

I loved working with Abacus Studio Michelle and Damian are the best. They both did a amazing job. I could not have imagined it going any better. They both were like family, whatever they could do to help they did. I am so thankful for their help and I would recommend everyone to... Read More use them for their wedding and any other event that requires a photographer and videographer. I know in the future if I have any additional needs for photos or video I will be coming back to Abacus no doubt. Thank you!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Dana M

What an amazing job both Michelle and Damien did for our wedding. We had Michelle for Photography and Damien on videography. However they went above and beyond just photos and video. Their support and advice throughout the day was priceless. I could not have imagined it... Read More going any better. The different poses and background we were able to accomplish was great. So thankful for their help and I would recommend everyone to use them for their wedding and any other event that requires a photographer and videographer. I know in the future if I have any additional needs for photos or video I will be coming back to Abacus no doubt. Thank you!

Abacus Studios Was the Best!!!!

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

Evaristo and me are more than please with abacus studio. Since the first meeting I had with Alex I Knew I was in the right place, when I saw the albums I Just felt in love with the professional work you all do. And another aspect that is very important is that they work with... Read More our budget! Then the day of our wedding as soon as Michelle came in my sister's house it was like if another sister were there. Michelle made all of us feel comfortable, she was always open to any request and also helped us with anything we need it. My husband is not the kind of person who likes cameras, whoever she made us enjoy every single minute and have the most priceless moments. At the reception Michelle capture every single person in the best moments, she really was working hard to give us the most professional work. When we saw the pictures we had the opportunity to see many details that we never saw at the reception. There are no words that can say how thankful and happy we are with Abacus Studio. Michelle was wonderful and professional. We highly recommend Abacus Studios!!!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2014

Abacus studios was so wonderful to work with. Adam was the first person that my husband and I talked with and he was extremely kind and answered any questions that we had. My husband and I then met Michele (photographer) at our engagement shoot in February and I loved her. She... Read More is such a sweet, funny, professional and down to earth person. During our engagement shoot she did anything we asked and never rushed us. Damien always answered the phone and answered any questions I had and always made me feel at ease. Damien and Michele did anything my husband and I wanted the day of our wedding. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable and I definitely had no regrets looking back at my pictures or videos. Abacus studios made my dreams come true and my guests are still talking about how professional and nice Damien and Michele were. By the end of the night I felt like they were a part of my family.

Alex

Kean Graduate. I love to travel and I love people. This is why the wedding and event industry is perfect for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting people from every walk of life and I am excited to see who I will meet next.