Aberdeen Manor Ballroom and Event Center

Valparaiso, IN

Aberdeen Manor...

It’s not just a place, it’s a feeling, a philosophy, a way of treating your wedding day as if you are the only bride and groom in the world. It’s a caring that you won’t find anywhere else, a commitment to making your day everything that it can possibly be...and so much more.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

216 Ballantrae Street, Valparaiso, IN

Don't look anywhere else

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Cathryne D

I will never be able to stop saying enough wonderful things about Aberdeen Manor. I had my wedding and reception there and from the day I chose them as my venue until the very last minute before we left the night of my wedding, they were right there helping me along the way to... Read More make sure my wedding was everything I wanted. Denna, Megan, and Trey and the rest of staff do an amazing job! I also got my invitations from their shop "Affairs" and they were better than I ever could have imagined. You won't be disappointed with anything. Ask any questions you want and they are right there to guide you. The food is delicious. The staff is amazing. The garden, chapel, and ballroom are gorgeous and they are always finding new ways to make it even better. I definitely recommend choosing them over anyone else.

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Jacqueline H

I just got married at Aberdeen Manor and had the best wedding imaginable. We had our ceremony in the garden and our reception in their beautiful hall. Everything was perfect! Denna helped us every step of the way and is a perfectionist in her work. She is so knowledgeable and... Read More experienced in every area of wedding planning. I was very pleased from the food to the decor. Every last detail was spot on. All of our guests were raving about Aberdeen and how beautiful our wedding was. Aberdeen helped to give us our dream wedding and we could not be any more pleased. I highly recommend Aberdeen Manor and Denna. They are the best of the best!

Best Experience

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Rosanna T

If anyone knows me they know I'm very particular about the way things look and how an event flows so it wasn't easy to let someone else take the reigns. But I am happy to say I was nothing but pleased with everything at Aberdeen from beginning to end. Denna and the staff were... Read More always friendly and very helpful. I LOVE Denna so much I can't say it enough what an awesome person she is! She really knows her stuff down to every small detail! I ran into a few problems finding the right people to do all the other stuff like flowers, alteration etc. But Denna was always there to guide me trough it all. They also have a list of reputable vendors that will suit anyone's needs and the staff at Aberdeen will never steer you in the wrong direction. They help make your dream wedding into a reality. When they say one chance is all they need their not lying its the truth. If your reading this I'm sure your looking for a venue to have your perfect wedding at and I hope that my review helps you realize that this is the place and the cost is comparable to other places but the difference is Aberdeen is worth every penny. Thank you staff at Aberdeen and Denna for making this experience so amazing and for making me feel like a part of a family not just another face. Its been a month since our wedding and people are still talking about how beautiful everything was and how yummy the food was. And I'm here wishing I could live it over and over again. I will remember it forever.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mandy R

My Husband and I just got married at Aberdeen two weeks ago and everything was absolutely amazing! We had our ceremony in the garden and then our reception in the ballroom. Everything went so smoothly thanks to our wonderful wedding coordinator! Everything from the decor to the... Read More food was incredible. Aberdeen helped give us an incredible day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Christina R

I can not possibly say enough wonderful things about Aberdeen Manor or the genuine people they have working there!! They took my vision and made my dream come true! My guests all had a fantastic time and raved about the food, the ambiance and every little detail of my wedding.... Read More Many family and friends told both my husband And I that it was by far the best wedding they he ever attended. I would recommend Aberdeen Manor to anyone getting married.

Aberdeen provided a magical day

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The entire staff at Aberdeen was fantastic. My daughter had a vision of the perfect wedding and they surpassed all of our expectations. They took care of everything down to the very last detail. We had the outdoor ceremony, cocktail reception and wedding all at the venue... Read More and not once did I or the mother of the bride have to worry about anything. Everything was in its place, complete professionalism throughout and everything was done on time. The food was fantastic and the comments from the guests were raving on what a perfect night it was. Thank you for a truly magical night

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Joselynn B

Megan and the rest of the Aberdeen crew made our wedding day absolutely perfect! They were able to accommodate all of my requests and more! The venue is beautiful and well maintained. Our food was hot and delicious. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you Aberdeen... Read More team!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Armanda S

Aberdeen Manor is absolutely amazing! They helped me throughout the entire planning process. They make it so easy to have a wedding! Everyone always says something will go wrong on your wedding day...at Aberdeen they prove that those people are liars. My wedding day was beyond... Read More perfect. My guests are still raving about how wonderful the staff is and how beautiful the ballroom was. I highly recommend getting married here.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Armanda S

Aberdeen Manor is absolutely amazing! They helped me throughout the entire planning process. They make it so easy to have a wedding! Everyone always says something will go wrong on your wedding day...at Aberdeen they prove that those people are liars. My wedding day was beyond... Read More perfect. My guests are still raving about how the staff is and how beautiful the ballroom was. I highly recommend getting married here.

My perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Alicia P

I was married at Aberdeen on 8/1/15. I had my wedding & reception there. I cannot begin to say enough good things about this venue. Everyone there that I interacted with was wonderful, but Lauren was my wedding coordinator & she was absolutely amazing! She was supportive... Read More throughout the entire process. Lauren and the rest of the Aberdeen staff made sure that our day went off without a hitch. Also, the food was amazing, several of my guests commented and said how good it was. You cannot go wrong having your wedding at Aberdeen.

Fourth of July Wedding

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Kathleen B

We had a wonderful event at Aberdeen! We used the gardens for the wedding ceremony and the ballroom for the reception! The event was seemless and we were very well cared for by the Aberdeen Staff. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and efficient. Our guests... Read More raved about every detail! Denna and her staff are the best! I would highly recommend this venue for a memorable and stree-free wedding!

Must have been a bad night...

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Malinda S

I have heard great things about Aberdeen, so when I was invited to a wedding there I was very excited! However, my experience as a guest was horrible. The chapel was stuffy and hot, the food was cold when they finally got to our table, and the bartender seemed less than pleased... Read More to get us our drinks. On top of that, I found the venue to be very outdated. Pretty disappointed with my experience at Aberdeen.

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Katelyn G

Every detail and aspect of Aberdeen was perfect. Talk about a venue that goes way above and beyond for their brides. I would plan a million weddings with them.

12/13/14 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Alexis V

Thank you to the fabulous wedding/reception thrown at Aberdeen Manor! The staff was so friendly to work with from day 1. They went above and beyond with suggestions ranging from décor to vendors. All of our vendors were extremely pleasant and fun to work with. I would... Read More definitely recommend having your wedding or function at Aberdeen Manor. Thank you for making our day even more special. Alexis (bride)

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jen K

There is so many good things to say about Aberdeen manor!! Place is amazing and beautiful!!! The staff is so friendly and helpful and it comes with a wedding planner which helped me tremendously!!! My stress levels we're very low because of Aberdeen manor I knew I was in good... Read More hands and things were going to be perfect which it was!! My wedding. Was amazing and beautiful!! The service was great food was beautifully plated and tasted amazing!!! It was worth every penny we spent! Icoudlt not have had a better wedding anywhere else!!!

Aberdeen Wedding in June

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Sonya T

We had our ceremony and reception at Aberdeen. It was AMAZING. Megan was our wedding planner and she was absolutely fabulous. She was quick to answer all of my questions while planning and she made sure the entire event ran smoothly! The venue was gorgeous and the service was... Read More great! We couldn't have been happier!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Tina G

This venue was absolutely beautiful! We had the option to choose to have our wedding in the chapel or in the garden and could make our final decision the morning of the ceremony! The wedding consultant service that is included with booking ensures that you won't miss a single... Read More important detail. They have many different decoration and centerpiece options to choose from. The food was delicious. They even take care of the decorating and tear-down after the event so you can focus on the important matters of the day. I highly recommend this is a location to have both your wedding and ceremony!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 liz B

Having our reception at the Aberdeen Manor was a great choice. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, and every single member of the staff, from the owner to the servers were top notch. They were flexible with every detail we wanted to make our own and took... Read More responsibility for coordinating everything on the day of the wedding so that I had to worry about nothing! I would recommend them to anyone!!! I am so grateful for everything they did to make our wedding absolutely amazing.

Could Not Have Been Any Better

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Emily

I got married at Aberdeen Manor on September 20th 2013 and could not have been happier with my wedding. If you're looking for a venue that is a one stop shop for your wedding you have found it. The staff is amazing and extremely helpful. I did not have to lift a finger on my... Read More wedding day. If I had forgotten something they had it close by. You can create any wedding you desire. If you're on a budget or sky's the limit you can have your wedding here. I can't believe I almost didn't check out this venue and I am so happy I chose to have my wedding here. Everyone had a blast at my wedding and everyone could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the venue was from the amazing garden to the amazing reception hall. You should definitely consider having your wedding at Aberdeen, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Jennifer F

If you live in the Northwest Indiana area and are looking for a vendor for your wedding, Aberdeen Manor should be on your list of places to check out! They absolutely gave us the wedding of our dreams! The owners are amazing and went above and beyond anything we could have ever... Read More expected! The owners and husband-wife team, Denna and Jim, make you feel like you are really part of their family. They are willing to work with any budget, small or large. Denna is a Wedding Planner and is full of surprisingly wonderful ideas! She will make sure that your wedding celebration includes all the personality of the bride and groom. Everything was taken care of by the wonderful staff at Aberdeen. I did not stress out throughout the entire process, because I knew Denna was on top of it! The evening of our wedding went off without a hitch! We expected SOMETHING to go wrong, but nothing did! The evening flowed from one stage into the next! Over a month later, our family and friends are still talking about how wonderful the evening was and how much fun they had that night! We wanted a celebration with our loved ones and we certainly got one! With my husband having family all over the place (Arizona to Texas to Florida and even Japan), we wanted to ensure that everyone enjoyed their time together. It was not just a wedding, but it was a family reunion of sorts! The entire weekend was a big celebration! Though we personally had no particular attachment to Valparaiso (I’m from Crown Point and my husband is from Tinley Park, IL), we couldn’t have found a more fitting location! If we could do it over again, I wouldn't even hesitate to get married and have the reception at Aberdeen Manor. Also, if you are looking for a venue with an outdoor setting for a wedding, the garden area is beyond beautiful! My husband, Justin, and I are very outdoorsy people and it was so fitting to be able to get married outside! We wanted a location that offered an outdoor area as well as a hall for the reception so that guests didn’t have to drive to a second spot after the wedding. We found exactly what we wanted and loved every minute of our celebration! We really enjoyed the evening because of all the hard work and time that the Aberdeen family put into making our night one to remember! Denna, Jim, Trey, Megan, Lisa, Carol, and all the other lovely people of Aberdeen, provided us with memories that we will forever cherish! We are very pleased and could not recommend the services at Aberdeen more! Thank you so much for making everything so stress-free and easy going! JF 06.14.2013

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Laura R

Organized, beautiful, and a terrific place to get married. My wedding was perfect.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Mindy P

I had a wonderful wedding at Aberdeen Manor and would refer them to any bride. We had a July 6, 2013 wedding and it was beautiful. I feel like Aberdeen does offer a lot for the price, however I would recommend considering a Friday wedding or fall wedding if you are planning on... Read More having under 200 guests because of the minimum that you are required to meet. I had 130guests and found it hard to meet the 8000 minimum on food and drink. A wedding out of season or not on a Saturday would require a much smaller minimum to meet, but this was a planning mistake on my part, and not soemthing at the fault of Aberdeen. The food was amazing, and the decoration were beautiful I did like how I could bring in my own decoration and have the wedding coordinators decorate everything to my liking. All of the workers were very professional and friendly, and made sure that everyone was happy. The only item that was a bit upsetting was the time that we were allowed to take pictures. We were only allowed one hour before the ceremony, and this is not much time. Also, I felt very rushed for pictures after the ceremony. Pictures were very important to me, so this was a bit upsetting. While I was upset about the time allowed for pictures, I do feel that I had a wonderful wedding day, and in the end would strongly refer anyone to them. The service and quality of everything is wonderful.

Very helpful and great at what they do!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Nicholette S

We got married outside in the garden area and had our reception inside immediately following the ceremony. I went over all of the details with them and everything that we wanted . . . everything couldn't have been more perfect!!! These people know what they're doing and are... Read More VERY good at it!!! We were overly happy with how everything turned out that day and how everything came together!!! AMAZING place for a wedding!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Michelle R

Aberdeen Manor was a dream to work with from start to finish! The staff there was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable and helped me turn my vision in to a reality! The hall was intimate and beautiful, and the surrounding gardens are gorgeous-exactly what I was looking for.... Read More All of our guests raved about the food. I highly recommend Aberdeen Manor!

Denna and the Aberdeen Staff made my Fairytale Wedding Dreams Come True!!!!

Reviewed on 3/15/2013 Melissa H

We had our Wedding and Reception at Aberdeen, and It was absolutely amazing! From the moment I walked into Aberdeen, over a year before my wedding, I knew I had to have it there. The venue is beautiful, and unlike some places in the area, it is decorated in neutral colors.... Read More (Everything is done in shades of Grey within the ballroom, we viewed several places with bold colored walls, which for a wedding venue i think is tacky.) Denna coordinated our entire event, and everything was perfect. She was incredibly organized, and didn't miss a single detail. All of the minor issues we had the day of were non Aberdeen related. Denna walked us through everything, making sure dresses were purchased on time, assuring that I kept consistent in my color choices, and with the overall look I was going for. She was incredibly attentive, and didn't miss a beat. The poor woman had her gallbladder removed two weeks before our wedding, and was still present, and had everything under control that day! I was and still am amazed by her! The hall was set up perfectly when I arrived before the ceremony, it was more than I could ever have hoped for. It literally took my breathe away. The food was delicious, and the staff was beyond amazing! There was no waiting around for them to get things done like I've experienced as a guest at other venues, everything happened exactly as it should have, and they were very friendly and attentive. Aberdeen isn't just a venue, it's an experience. Denna and Jim Fyock (the owners) make you feel like part of the family, and do everything they can to make sure your day is perfect. I couldn't be more thankful to them and the entire Aberdeen staff!