Above & Beyond Catering

Kansas City, MO

Above & Beyond Catering

$$$

Specialty

American Regional, Continental, Dessert Specialists, Eastern European, Fusion, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Other Cuisine, Vegetarian

1201 Swift Ave, Kansas City, MO

Great food, better service

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Jaclyn S

I can not say enough good things about Above and Beyond Catering, but I will say that their name is spot on accurate. We decided to keep it simple for our meal, and we only offered one choice for the main dish: Rosemary Chicken. Then we offered the garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans for our side, plus a salad and roll. It was as fabulous the day of, as it was when we did our tasting. Not only did my groom and I think so, but I received so many rave reviews from our guests I lost track, including both sets of parents. The chicken and mashed potatoes stole the show for most people, but even the salad was above and beyond amazing with fresh colorful vegetables and greens far better than your average iceburg salad. On top of amazing food, their presentation of it all was beautiful and added to our venue decor in such a complimentary way. It was their incredible service that really stood out to me though. They made a point of checking in with me to make sure I was happy with everything a couple of different times, but were never obtrusive. And they were on top of every detail. You can tell the entire staff truly enjoy what they do, and love doing weddings. The food preparation is an act of love, the servers are all happy and so accommodating. I truly can not say enough. To top all of this off, they are very reasonable in comparison to many other caterers, and we shopped around and did our homework on this one, because we knew it was going to be one of our larger expenses. I highly, highly recommend Above and Beyond catering. You will be impressed in every category, and your guests will be too.

Yummy!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015 calie v

After searching high & low for a catering service that would take on my wedding where we were expecting less than 100 guests, Above and Beyond (Tina & Chase) came to my rescue! We had already planned that we wanted to have finger-type foods that guests could walk around and talk and eat without having a formal meal (formality is not our style). Tina came up with an AMAZING menu – everything on there was something I would typically order at a restaurant. Chase was an AMAZING coordinator – he was understanding that we had no clue what we were doing, but never led on that we were idiots that didn’t do a very good job doing our homework! When the big day came, they showed up & got straight to work & everything just happened (like magic)! I never once thought about or worried about anything going on all night. As an added bonus, they packed up to-go meals for me and my new husband to take with us back to our hotel room to eat before we passed out from the long day. The rest of the leftovers my parents took back to my house were just as amazing the next day before taking mid-day naps.

Tons of compliments!

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Amanda R

We had tons of compliments of their food! It was amazing!

June 1st 2013

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Kaitlyn L

Our wedding food was delicious!! The team worked hard to deliver the menu exactly as we asked! We had many celiacs in the wedding party and our guest, including my mother. They were able to cater to their needs that evening. It meant so much that my mom had more than cheese and fruit to eat on our special night. My only complaint with this vendor is communication. They are suuuuper busy, so pinning them down for a conversation can be difficult.

Pricey but Excellent

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kelly G

They told us upfront that there food was not the cheapest, but it was the best. Agree on both counts. This was one area where we definitely overspent, but I didn't want the same food everybody else has at weddings. We did apps instead of dinner and the general vibe from guests was that it was good. (Guess nobody's going to tell you if it isn't!) Specifically, people mentioned the tartlets, strawberry bruschetta, and bbq meatballs. They weren't always my favorite to work with, sometimes taking too long to respond to emails etc., and they were particular about every little price. Many people throw in cake-cutting for free and they wanted to charge $4/person just to cut it. We had to negotiate cutting it by supplying our own plates/napkins for it which was a little ridiculous. Also something to beware of: when they pack up food, they take the coffee/tea/water with them - which I didn't think about until those necessary drinks left 2 hours before the reception was over!

Most Delicious Food Ever

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Tara H

Tina is amazing! My husband and I went for a tasting and she had everything on our list, PLUS an appetizer she made up right before we got there. She is creative & talented and the food is to die for. I only wish I had had more time to chow down at the reception!

The Best EVER! Definitely ABOVE & BEYOND!

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Alicia W

Tina and her team at Above and Beyond did such an amazing job for my husband and I's wedding and reception last Saturday at Cellar 222. Tina wasn't just the caterer. She really helped coordinate all of the details. This was so helpful since I live in Orlando and was doing all of the planning long distance. The food and decorations exceeded my expectations. My guests are still talking about how good the food was. They are a MUST hire for any event! Incredible Job!! Thanks Above and Beyond. It was magical perfection. - Alicia & John

So So

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Lisa W

I talked with them at a bridal show. It seemed reasonably priced and was a go. Later they then told us they were going to charge $200 for having to drive 30min. south of KC. We went with someone else..

Reception Caterer

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Valerie O

Above & Beyond Catering was wonderful! There is nothing bad that I could say about the service we received from Above & Beyond Catering and Roxanne Smith (the owner). Roxanne was eager to help come up with ideas and was extremely knowledgeable about the workings of a reception. We received so many compliments about the food. We also used their bartenders for our bar and they were outstanding at keeping drinks filled. This vendor came as a recommendation from a past bride and I would recommend them to anyone.

Great Catering!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 TERI F

Above & Beyond Catering was exactly THAT! They did an outstanding job with several last minute services we needed to be added. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. Would easily and highly recomend!!

Love the Owner

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Lara T

Roxanne is so wonderful. She asks all the right questions and makes sure everything is covered. Forgot that you might need another tablecloth - don't worry they will figure it out. So nice, very affordable, GREAT food and reliable service. Would not have changed a thing.

TO Above & Beyond Catering