Absolute Entertainment

Serving Santa Fe, Albuquerque and New Mexico

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

8 Tano Vida, Santa Fe, NM Serving Santa Fe, Albuquerque and New Mexico (505) 986-5882

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 E N

Vicky and Chris at Absolute Entertainment made our wedding reception perfect! They are consummate professionals and fantastic people who took the time needed to understand and create our vision for the evening. They were patient with our questions and knew the questions to ask... Read More us that we hadn't thought of ourselves. Absolute Entertainment made what seemed like a daunting event easy, seamless and fun! Vicky and Chris handled the entire reception, MCing the dinner, toasts, and dancing. Their years of experience in the music industry, equipment and commitment to creating the evening we wanted gave us complete confidence to relax, let go, and enjoy our magical night. The Speers have worked with all the other vendors in Santa Fe, and were able to coordinate and cooperate together. I hope that everyone getting married in the area will be lucky enough to have Absolute Entertainment on their team to make the evening perfect. They really are the best! Elizabeth and Chris

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Alex H

Chris and Vickie are so fun to work with! We booked bands through Absolute and had them as our DJ and MC. Everything was without a hiccup and above expected. They performed a flawless set-up, provided great music and were generally helpful the entire evening. I was very... Read More worried about having a cookie-cutter evening. I felt they listened to this concern and did everything in their power to make the evening special. Vickie is an excellent communicator and shared her experience to help guide my big day. I found this very very helpful. There were so many items I hadn't even considered that she brought to my attention. Finally, I booked two bands through them. Both showed up on time and both played quite well. I was told by multiple guests how great the music was. I would recommend Absolute in a heartbeat both for weddings and bookings.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Kaitlyn M

Vicky & Chris from Absolute Entertainment recently did our wedding and they were THE BEST!!! Vicky was very fun, helpful, and easy to work with during the pre-wedding planning and they did such a fantastic job at the wedding it made everything that much better. Not only did they... Read More play great music but Vicky as the MC was amazing! She made everything run so smoothly and did such a good job with timing and coordination it took everything off my plate on the day of so I could just enjoy. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ/Band for your event!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Katherine K

We went with Brian Douglas from AE and we were thrilled. Brian was super fun and got the entire crowd involved and having lots of laughs throughout the whole wedding. He had a big presence and made it so fun and lively. Brian was willing to work with my husband and I with... Read More anything we wanted to do during the wedding and was very accommodating. I would definitely recommend AE for anyone who wants a very exciting and upbeat wedding!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Kimberly H

Vicky Speer was great to work with and she offered many suggestions and provided lots of help putting together our timeline for the day. She made us feel at ease with how the entire day would run and everything was perfect. The music was great and kept the dance floor full all... Read More night long.

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Jenna H

Vicky and Chris did the music for our wedding/reception and we could not have asked for anyone better! Not only are they great at what they do, they were so nice and awesome to work with! Vicky made sure that the music for the wedding and reception was everything that I wanted.... Read More She communicated very clearly and never took it upon herself to make any decisions without making sure it was what I wanted! Great people/couple to work with! :)

Wedding DJ's

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Anna G

Vickie and Chris were real pros, and did a wonderful job of MCing the wedding and playing the songs we love.

Beautiful Ceremony Music/ Fun Show for Reception

Reviewed on 12/11/2013 Alisa D

We used Absolute Entertainment for our guitar/violin duo during the ceremony (played some Coldplay on special request!). We also had a Spanish guitarist (Chuscales) playing during our cocktail hour, and a flamenco show during our dinner reception. They were all so talented and... Read More entertaining and added a lovely background to an already beautiful wedding!

Roberto Capucci - Spanish Guitarist

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Denise S

We booked Roberto Capucci through Absolute Entertainment. He played during our reception and the music was beautiful and provided such a nice ambiance to the dinner.

DJ Services

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Clarissa Y

We worked with Vicky and Chris at AE to have DJ services for our ceremony and reception because they came highly recommended by our venue, La Fonda, since they have worked there many many times. And now I know why! After working out the contract, Vicky had us fill in... Read More information about our events and make our must-play and do-not-play lists. Then we met with Vicky and Chris in person to discuss the events and fill in details. The order of events at our reception was not traditional (we did cake cutting directly after our first dance, which was the first thing we did after being announced at the reception) and Vicky was happy to accommodate our ideal schedule. I was talked back into some of the songs I crossed off the “top most requested songs of 2012”, because it was probably 1/4 of the list and apparently too many of them make your guests unhappy if they can’t request it, so I didnt argue a whole lot as long as my groom said he liked them, and they were put in a request-only list. At the ceremony, the music was wonderful and the timing was perfect. There was a point when my husband was sort of yelling during his vows so that people could hear, which made for a funny moment, but an extra microphone would have been helpful. The officiant had a lapel mic, but it just didnt pick up voices far enough away. For the reception, Chris was the DJ and Vicky MC’d, and both were very professional. Chris played a slow song after dinner where, for everyone dancing, the couple would have a year of good marriage. This was great for getting the dancing started, and from there, guests were on the dance floor 100% of the time. I found myself oddly drawn away from conversations as well because I wanted to dance to (almost) everything! I did hear some of the only if requested songs, and because I don’t like them they stuck out to me, but I know they were diligent about not playing the songs on the do-not-play list, because I had some guests tell me they wanted a song in the middle of the reception that the DJ refused to play. I was very happy with that fact and the overall results of the DJing. At the beginning of the planning process, we did think that AE was a little pricey having looked at other cities, but they are the only responsive vendor in Santa Fe, and our venue really liked them. That said, they could have easily been terrible because of the "monopoly", but they aren't- they really do care about what they do and the presentation and how your guests and you, feel. We did get a discount (little over 10%) because our wedding was in low season, March, which was nice. In the end, I am glad for every penny spent- the planning was a breeze and the events went perfectly.

Pretty good

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Leia M

I used Absolute as my wedding ceremony & reception DJs. This is kind of a mixed review for me - more positive than negative though. On the con side, it was a bit hard getting in touch with Chris at the company was a bit hard via email - sometimes my emails went unanswered,... Read More which was annoying. The big negative was that the timeline for the reception got really messed up - things got really out of order, and the father/daughter dance got skipped altogether until my videographer was about to leave and I realized we hadn't done it, and reminded the DJs. On the positive side, the music was great. I didn't have an extensive must play, or don't play list for the wedding and the stuff they chose was great. I got a lot of compliments on the music (which I really had nothing to do with lol!) The DJ's dressed and acted professionally, and the lights and sound were set up well. Chris & Vicky were VERY knowledgeable in the planning session. They even edited down my processional so that my entry would fall at the right time in the music. They really thought of everything. All in all things went pretty well and I'm happy I used them.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 3/29/2011 Tiffany O

The DJ got all of the wedding guests involved. They went over the timeline with the venue and were great! I didn't have to do anything but what they told me :) They sent me preferences before hand to make sure that we liked what they were playing! They did a wonderful job!... Read More Definitely worth the money!

Fun, Fun, Fun!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Tanya G

Vicky and Chris are so much fun! Everyone had a blast dancing at our wedding and everything was orchestrated wonderfully! If you want to have a good time, these are the people to book. :) We had a few minor things go wrong, that only I noticed, which is why I took off a... Read More star, but everyone had a wonderful evening and none of my guests knew that anything was awry.

we danced the night away!

Reviewed on 11/11/2010 Meggin B

This husband and wife team is great. I met with them before the wedding and I was so touched with the care that they took to help me pick out songs that went with my music interests for different portions of the reception based on my musical interests. They also helped pick our... Read More the father/daughter dance, which was very, very special. Though I'll admit I still figured that the DJ that showed up at the wedding would just play whatever suited his fancy. I didn't quite believe he would play each and every song that I picked out from cocktail reception, dinner to dancing. I even sent my playlist to a friend saying "but we'll see what they actually play". I was wrong! From Built to Spill to Old 97's to David Bowie he played it ALL. The songs that remind us of each other, special times, special places or we just LOVE- he played them all. The DJ (who b/c it was kind of a crazy day, I feel bad but don't remember his name) was so attentive to me. He explained everything to me and made sure I knew what was going on and when. My guests had a blast. My new 89 year old grandmother in law didn't leave the dance floor all night. My groom, who doesn't dance, DANCED! My neices and nephews have never had so much fun. My 4 year old niece came up to me at 10:00 pm and told me emphatically that "this is the best party I've ever been to in my entire life". I couldn't agree more with her. I highly recommend Absolute Entertainment!

If you want it all from one company . . .

Reviewed on 9/24/2010 Kate B

I used them for my ceremony musician and a mariachi band. I was swayed from what I originally wanted; I think because it required some effort on the part of the musician, but I eventually convinced them that it would work out. We were also highly pressured to have and use... Read More their live band and had to sit and listen to their musical "range." The lead female vocalist is the one running the company and highly encouraging us to use that route. We had to decline several times before we were able to move on. The mariachi band was on the older side and I don't think they played for the whole hour allotted as well. They kind of have a monopoly in the Santa Fe wedding industry, but they were pleasant to work with and reliable. If you know of good reliable musicians elsewhere, I'd go that route since you might save some money.

Wow!

Reviewed on 8/29/2010 Jessica F

We had various musicians play at our ceremony and reception and Absolute took care of all of them! From the mariachis to the DJ, Absolute Entertainment made sure we had the exact music selection we wanted and coordinated all the various talents! We would recommend using them... Read More for any entertainment need!

Great source for all your music needs!

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Monica B

We used AE to help coordinate our Mariachi Band, the Flamenco guitarist and dancer, and the DJ. They did an excellent job with coordinating the play times and schedule of each entertainer so that I didn't have to worry about the wedding day events. The DJ wasn't they best,... Read More just slightly above average or a 4/5 star rating, but our experience overall was excellent and working with VIcki was great.