Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Planning

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Natalie G

We hired Accessory to the Bride for Month-of and Day-of Coordination. Rachael was a sweetheart and very nice to work with. She coordinated with our vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding with a timeline and to make sure everyone was on the same page. She came to our... Read More rehearsal the night before to make sure everyone knew what they were doing for the ceremony. At the rehearsal we also gave her all of our decor pieces and items that needed to be setup on the wedding day. The wedding was absolutely perfect and I cannot be more happy and thankful for all of Rachael's assistance the day-of. We got off to a late start with guests stuck in rush hour so our ceremony was delayed quite a bit. I was hiding out in a bridal suite with my dad waiting until the big entrance and Rachael kept great contact with me keeping me updated so that we knew exactly when to head to the ceremony site without risking being seen by late arriving guests. She took care of all of the decor setup and everything looked beautiful. She also helped break everything down at the end of the night, pack up our cars, and make sure the gifts were in safe hands. Our venue had a pretty strict end curfew so this was very important. Hiring a day-of coordinator was one of the most important decisions that I made as I knew that I could take care of the planning leading up to the wedding, but having somebody tie all the details together and handle everything the day-of was just amazing. I seriously did not have a worry at all on my wedding day in spite of a late start the whole night flowed perfectly after that. My one complaint is that in the months leading up to the wedding there were several points where I had trouble getting in contact with Rachael which was due to email issues on her end. But other than that, the weeks leading up the wedding and my actual wedding day, I was stress-free, which is just amazing!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 MICHELLE G

THIS COMPANY IS USING OUR PHOTOS ON THEIR WEBSITE FROM OUR DAY THAT THEY DID NOTHING FOR. WE PAID THEM FOR A SERVICE THEY DID NOT PROVIDE. THEY HAD ZERO INTEREST IN FIXING PROBLEMS, IN BEING HELPFUL OR ANYTHING. THEY ARE FRAUDS AND JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY AND DON'T OFFER A REFUND... Read More WHEN YOU ARE COMPLETELY DISASTIFIED OVER THE FACT THAT ALL THEY DID ON YOUR WEDDING DAY WAS STAND IN A CORNER. THEY ARE AWFUL.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Brittany A

My Fiancé and I recently worked with trying to book Rachel as our wedding planner for our Sept 30th 2017 wedding. Rachel's prices were very reasonable, we are trying to stay under budget. It always took Rachael 24 hours to respond. In her contract it states 24-48 response time.... Read More We wished it had been faster. Rachel was very kind and caring in her emails. We were all set to book with her after about 5 emails back and forth regarding day off planning. She had SENT US our contract on Weds night at 7pm, along with another email Thursday revising one thing on the contract. Friday night at around 7pm I receive and email from Rachel stating she had met with potential clients that day, they wanted the 30th( our wedding day) they had offered her a deposit and she accepted. SHE STATED SHE NO LONGER HAD OUR DATE AVAILABLE BECAUSE SHE HAD GIVEN IT TO THEM. Basically good luck finding someone else, adios. Very unprosseional, very disrespectful. We were in mid contract when she gave our date away. Sorry Acessorry to the Bride we hate to be the people to leave a bad review but what was done was unexecpetable.

2017-01-22T21:45:56 Response from the vendor

I wanted to take a minute to further explain my policies in hopes that you'll understand what happened. In the contract that I sent over, it clearly states that I do not hold dates without a deposit. As I said, I met with a couple... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Emily C

It's ironic that the person I hired to make the day go smoothly was the one that couldn't get out of her own way. I booked the month to day of coordination package - since I'm fairly proficient with event planning (it's a huge component of my full time job), I just needed... Read More someone to create a timeline for the day, coordinate with vendors and set up decor. Hardly any of that was accomplished by Accessory to the Bride. I made sure to connect with all my vendors immediately after the wedding to make sure I wasn't completely misreading the situation. I sent a contact list to Rachel 3+ weeks prior to the wedding and yet my caterer, photographer, DJ and venue point of contact confirmed that they never heard from her once. Other issues: -3-4 days between email responses - I requested help creating a timeline for the day but ended up doing it myself with help from the photographer - Regarding setup, I labeled everything in clearly marked bins with an accompanying 2 sheet document (even with visual table mock ups!) yet plenty still got lost in the mix and was never set up. Our beautiful toasting flutes never even came to our table until midway through the reception... Far after the toasts. -Prior to the ceremony, guests kept wandering into the dining area (which should have been off limits) to talk to me and hang out which was TOTALLY nerve-racking given the anticipation before walking down the aisle. - Instead of Rachel, my husband and I scrambled to coordinate the first dance, toasts, and parent dances to kick off the reception. She was nowhere to be found. -I'm glad people thought to grab cupcakes after dinner because... We never cut the cake! So much for that reception timeline! - I texted her earlier in the day to ensure things were going smoothly and heard nothing to the contrary. I would have been more than happy to answer questions or clarify anything that she was confused about. It was a beautiful wedding, no thanks to Accessory To The Bride. I'm so happy that I've worked with all of my other vendors on events prior because they are terrific and set the scene for a wonderful evening. It's just tough that the one vendor I'd never worked with before turned out to be such a glaring disappointment.

2017-01-16T19:03:36 Response from the vendor

Emily, I'm sorry that Accessory to the Bride didn't provide services that were up to par. As explained in the email, Rachael was unfortunately dealing with a very difficult personal situation and should have been up front with you about it prior to your wedding.... Read Less Read More

Didn't Have To Think About A Thing

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Emily S

Working with Accessory to the Bride was simple. From the very get go, they were quick to reply to e-mails and fast to respond to my texts. Even my neurotic last minute questions were handled with smiles and laughs. I was never made to feel like I was inconveniencing Rachael at... Read More any point. On the day of the wedding, all I had to do was walk into our venue and every little detail was perfectly attended to. I didn't have to worry about the florist getting our centerpieces right or whether or not the DJ was ready for our first song. Rachael was by my side reassuring me the whole time that all I had to do was enjoy being a new Mrs. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her sister. They were an absolute pleasure to work with!

Super friendly and organized

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Elaine l

Accessory to the Bride is very organized and experienced with wedding planning, which resulted in some quick thinking resolution when an issue with flowers came up. They did a wonderful job with the responsibilities of the "day of" so the wedding party and guests were able to... Read More have fun and enjoy the moment.