Dates Filling Quickly!

Call today for our amazing DJ & lighting packages. We are known for our tasteful and subtle approach as well as our exceptional attention to detail and award winning customer service. Good news - we come highly recommended by venues and industry professionals! Call TODAY!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

413 Wacouta Street, St. Paul, MN (651) 437-3344

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Leah B

Adagio was amazing. My husband and I really liked the online planner and how easy it was to plan our wedding music. Initially, we didn't realize that we would not be assigned a DJ until a week or 2 before our wedding so we decided to pay extra for a premium DJ and DJ request and... Read More we were so glad we did! Connor was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. He was very good at reading the crowd to see what type of music people were enjoying. Our dance floor was never empty and we received multiple compliments from guests at how good the DJ was. Connor was dancing along with the music which really got the guests into it and having a good time! Overall, Connor was a pleasure to work with and was very flexible the day of the wedding and during the entire planning process. if you want stellar DJ, pick Connor!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Katie H

We had a pretty good experience using Adagio for the DJ service at our wedding. The planning process was clear and concise and I really enjoyed the ease of their online planner for putting together most of the details for our day. We only used them for our reception music, so I... Read More can't comment on the variety of their ceremony selections, but I thought their library offered a pretty good selection of music that we wanted. We did have a few songs (including our first dance song) that we wanted that weren't in the planner, but our DJ did a great job of getting those beforehand for us. We got a great discount through our wedding planner for their affiliation with Adagio, but they still seemed to be relatively affordable compared to other DJ services we looked at. As some other reviewers had mentioned, we did not get assigned a DJ until the week before our wedding and we were contacted to set up a meeting with him the week of our wedding, so that could be a source of anxiety for a bride who really needs/wants to know that info ahead of time. On the day of our wedding, DJ Sean was super polite and did a good job facilitating our timeline and making sure we fit in everything we requested. He also was sure to ask us throughout the night how we felt it was going and whether we wanted any changes. We thought he did an awesome job of giving us a variety of music so that people were on the dance floor all night, some of our guests commented it was the best wedding music they had heard! Overall, I was happy with the service we got from Adagio, however I am pretty laid back and that could be an issue for someone who is not.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Heather V

We were matched with Nolan Evans, who was awesome. He called us the week before the wedding and double-checked that everything he had was correct. He arrived early, knew where everything was to set up, moved to the winery quickly and on time, and kept us on schedule. We did the... Read More dollar dance and gave him specific orders to keep it short, which he did awesome at and transitioned us smoothly. We also played Thunderstruck, the drinking game and although he had never played before, he explained perfectly. He played good music and our dance floor was full all night!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Hayley S

We loved having adagio with us on our big day. We've used them at another family members wedding as well and its always a joy to have them with you. They keep the night moving right along and with a large wedding that was something we really looked for! Can't wait to see them... Read More next!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Patricia S

Jay was amazing to work with! He kept us on the dance floor all night. Many guests told us, "This was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding,"

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Tosha A

Our experience with Adagio DJ was decent. We were referred to Adagio through our venue who has a loyalty to the company. Considering we were beyond pleased with our venue and their entire staff, we felt this would be a good company to go with since we had no idea how else to... Read More select a DJ. We pretty much planned every song selection since our wedding had a specific theme (Disney), so there wasn't much that our DJ needed to do as far as choosing songs goes. We did have several complaints/frustrations, however. One was that our DJ missed our scheduled phone meeting a week prior to our wedding due to being caught up with his schoolwork (he is in grad school). We ended up calling him 15 minutes later and caught him off guard but proceeded with the call which lasted about an hour. It was a good conversation so we felt better about the mishap with the call. A second frustration is that we had a few loose ends that we needed to square up and the plan was to email/text him our decisions for songs a few days before the big day. The loose ends were squared up but for some reason, I felt the need to confirm with him something the night before. When I texted him and he wanted to re-confirm a few things on his end, he had messed up several of the song selections that we had chosen. After I corrected the song choice, he made a comment about how long the song was and asked if we wanted him to begin playing the song when the lyrics begin (due to long intro). I told him that my walk was going to be very long and I wanted the whole song to play. Fast-forward to our big day, he let our pre-processional song continue playing while I walked down about 30 stairs and then began my processional song, leaving it to be cut short. I'm not sure if this was intentional or accidental, but I was pretty upset that the biggest moment of the day didn't happen as I had planned because it was cut short due to the timing being off. Our guests enjoyed the pre-ceremony/seating music (again, our selections) and the rest of the ceremony seemed to go fine. The grand march and dinner also went as planned, although one of the big dances we wanted to do was the generation/anniversary dance and we ended up calling it off because it was about 10pm when he came to us to ask if we still wanted to do it as many of our guests had already left. Although our dance started a little late (8:45pm), I would've expected that he would have come to us and asked to move it up so that the majority of the guests could participate. The only other dances we did were the first dance, father/daughter dance, and mother/son dance, so I find it hard to imagine that there wasn't enough time. It seemed that the music being played was enjoyable by guests and there weren't any songs that were played that we didn't want to be played. Even though we have a few complaints, our DJ was friendly and checked in with us throughout dinner to stay on track with speeches, announcements, etc. We would recommend Adagio to others to because the quality of setup, song choices, etc. are good, but I would urge caution when it comes to making sure their DJ knows exactly what song to play and when, and to triple check that they have the information correct. If I hadn't texted him the night before, several of our big song selections would've been messed up and would not have made us happy at all.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Laura Marsh M

Picking a DJ was a tough decision because there are so many option with 5 star ratings, however, Adagio was the best decision would could have made. Our DJ Connor was amazing and our friends and family LOVED him- multiple guests commented on his amazing energy and enthusiasm. We... Read More were very pleased with his professionalism and ability to read the crowd. Leading up to the day we were able to use the online planning tools to help coordinate and plan our wedding which was an added feature we were very thankful for. Overall we were very happy with the service provided and would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Christine B

Adajio Djay Entertainment was the perfect vendor for our wedding! Their online planner was easy to use and made the musical selections seamless. We found their library to be somewhat limited for the songs we chose for our prelude/ceremony/first dance, but you are able to have... Read More them download up to 5 songs and the individual DJs will allow you to send them more if you need. Our DJ was Faith and she did an incredible job for us! We had a call with her a week prior to the wedding to go through our ceremony and reception timelines and confirm songs. She did an excellent job keeping things on time and making announcements. The music for the day/night went seamlessly and guests loved the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Rebecca L

We worked with Faith for our wedding day. The sales team at adagio was super responsive. Faith was amazing on our wedding day, going above and beyond to make sure a few musical selections we wanted were included in our day. She was also fantastic in getting music in the multiple... Read More locations that our wedding moved around at our ceremony. Our guests had a great time dancing and Faith's low-key style was perfect - highlighted us as a couple, but was not at all intrusive. All in all Faith helped make our wedding an incredible day for us and for our guests!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Allison B

Aside from a few specific songs for the special dances and ceremony, we left it pretty wide open for DJ Mary to do her thing! We had a brief phone call with her before the wedding for her to kind of vibe out our personalities and discuss other details. Despite a very minor... Read More computer glitch(which these things happen sometimes!), Mary rocked it out and kept people out on the dance floor all night!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Sarah N

After reading all the reviews we were very excited to book Adagio, however they turned out to be extremely disappointing. My husband and I live out of town and we kept stressing how important it was for us to meet our DJ ahead of time, however they were totally inflexible and... Read More did not let us meet with the DJ ahead of time or assign the DJ earlier. When we got assigned our DJ, he was a 21 year old college student with little experience who wasn't even on the website. When we expressed our concerns, they told us we had to pay $150 to request a specific DJ or pay more to upgrade to premium. We sent the DJ emails and talked to him on the phone detailing our specific requests and he did not heed any of them. When he emailed us, he called me the name of a different bride and got his weddings mixed up. On the actual day of the wedding, he announced a completely different couple during the grand march. He started off not playing any of the songs that we had requested so we had to go up and tell him multiple times to please play the songs we requested. He did not Emcee and we had to announce our own speeches and cake cutting. If you are looking for a personal experience from a company who cares specifically about what you want and is not just a cookie-cutter wedding DJ I would absolutely not recommend this company and this was by far the biggest regret of my wedding.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Ashley D

Our DJ Connor was absolutely amazing!! He did a great job incorporating the songs we requested with songs of his choice. From the time the dance started to the very last song people were having fun and there was never a lull in the dancing. He found all of the songs we were... Read More looking for, for the ceremony and the reception. Multiple guests at the wedding mentioned to us how great he is and a few people that have family and friends getting married wanted to get his card to see if he could DJ their wedding. He was professional, fun, and kept things moving. Connor was the best!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kirsten V

Our DJ was very professional and not too over the top. She came up to us so many times throughout the night just to check on us, let us know where we were at for our timeline and ask if we wanted her to do anything for us. We had DJ Mary and she was super great. Plus, she played... Read More some great music!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Sommer S

We used adajio for our wedding Djay and found them to be easy to work with and prompt with communication. We were a little disappointed with the Djay we were assigned for the actual event, because he seemed a little inexperienced (ex. Started the father daughter dance before we... Read More were on the dance floor and didn't restart the song for us, let longer songs play all the way to the end). He did do a good job of keeping everything on schedule and played good music to keep people on the dance floor. But we were also a little frusterated that two of the four songs we had listed as "must play" never were played.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Tim L

Faith did an amazing job of helping to make announcements and keeping things running smoothly. She did a great job of mixing up the different types of songs we had. She was very responsive to anything we needed and she handled everything very well. We couldn't be happier with... Read More the service Adagio provided on our special day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kelli S

Adagio Djay Entertainment was hired by us to provide the DJ entertainment for our daughters wedding last weekend. We were so thrilled with our choice of DJ (Troy) and found his balance of professionalism, confidence and mostly FUN to be largely responsible for the success of... Read More the evening. We had hundreds of compliments and have never seen so many people dance the entire night. Troy's choice of music and his intuitive timing were like no other. What a magical night. We could not be more appreciative or recommend this company, their owner Jay or our amazing DJ Troy more fervently!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Corey A

After meeting with Jay, we immediately felt comfortable with what Adagio offered and knew that we would be taken care of. Now that our wedding has completed, I can comfortably say that we made the right decision going with Adagio. Mary was absolutely amazing and helped make our... Read More special day even more special.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Molly K

I liked how Ryan was able to keep our guests on the dance floor. There was always good music playing and everyone was really enjoying the songs he picked. It was great to see everyone dancing throughout the night. There was never a time when there was no one or not many people... Read More on the dance floor. It was always busy!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Laura E

Great experience working initially with Jay, then with Faith, our DJ. Both were professional and prompt at replying to our inquiries. They were very thorough, which I much appreciated. The event went seamlessly. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Liz P

Everyone was really helpful and prompt when getting back to us with questions we had, and very pleasant to work with.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Beth D

We had a wonderful experience with Adagio Djay Entertainment. They were very responsive and helpful. Our DJ, Faith, was wonderful and answered any and all questions I had. Our guests had a great time on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Brittany S

We LOVED adagio! Thank you Troy for being available and easy to book and work with in setting up our services! AND THANK YOU MARY!!!! She did an unbelievable job selecting music and helping us have the perfect music for our wedding! IT WAS PERFECT! We can not say enough about... Read More our DJ experience with Adagio! :)

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Sara N

We were incredibly fortunate to have everything go just as we imagined. Adagio went above and beyond in finding the music we wanted, which truly set the mood and tone of our ceremony and reception. We had people on the dance floor until the very end thanks to Krista's experience... Read More and knowledge of how to keep the flow going. A "must do" for us was trusting in Krista to handle everything related to music, sound and announcements the day of; it made the day worry-free so we could do what we were supposed to be doing - enjoying the night. We had one small hiccup that was our fault, not Adagio’s, at the last hour due to our requested songs being somewhat of a challenge to find. Thankfully, Krista was calm and cool-headed the entire time and, with Jay, found a way to make everything happen. We are grateful for this because, as mentioned above, it set the mood and feel for the night. Thank you Krista, Jay and all those who we weren't aware of that helped make our night perfect.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Amanda M

Love, love, love Adagio Djays! The online tools we received when we booked were very helpful to help us plan what type of music we wanted and was extremely organized. They have a large library of music, and even allow you to ask for additional music not in their library! The... Read More prices for Adagio were very competitive and we felt that we got a lot for what we paid for. We were assigned Hannah and we cannot speak highly enough of her! Even a month later, our guests are still telling us what a great Djay she was and how much they loved her music selections. She was very friendly and called us about 2 weeks prior to our event to make sure she had the feel of our event down and to clarify what type of music we like. Thank you, Hannah, for being so great!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Andrea V

If could rate Adagio and our DJ Kelsey higher than a 5 - I would. Your company is amazing and Kelsey was phenomenal. From when she got there to when she was packing up - she was always VERY attentive to our needs. I mean - she offered to go in the rain for me NUMEROUS times... Read More in the event I needed anything. She coordinated timelines with my other vendors so my family and I didn't even need to worry. She even cleared plates off our head table before speeches so that pictures would look better. She was better than my best expectation. I've been to numerous weddings and have heard many horror stories of DJ's gone wrong. They can really make or break a wedding. I am so happy with my choice of using Adagio! It wasn't the cheapest option, but it also wasn't the most expensive. As far as I'm concerned, I got more than what I paid for - Kelsey truly made my experience amazing.

Jay Brian Kochendorfer

7 Words that describe me: Action-oriented, passionate, motivated, charismatic, fun, outgoing and caring. Best advice I ever received: Do it right or don’t do it at all. Favorite part about being a DJ: Serving people and watching them enjoy themselves.