Unforgettable from First Sight to Last Bite.

Edible works of art baked from scratch using the finest ingredients, iced in silky Italian Meringue Buttercream, and masterfully decorated to be the crowning adornment of your special day. Our favorite couples are obsessed with taste, create personal touches, and love to treat their guests. Tasting is believing! Call or click for available dates and to schedule your tasting and design consultation.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

15625 W. 87th Street, Lenexa, KS Serving the Kansas City Metro and Lawrence, KS (913) 638-9265

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Ashleigh M

I can't say enough about how kind and talented Aleta is! I contacted her FIVE weeks before my wedding day and she was miraculously available! During our consultation, I showed her a few images I had in mind and she made all of them come together beautifully and she also had... Read More several creative ideas that made it even better. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and we had several compliments on it as well as the Groom's cake! Not to mention it was all so delicious and she had great ideas on what flavors to put together so we didn't have to have just one. She went above and beyond for everything I asked for. Aleta was always prompt in replying to my questions or concerns. She is professional, kind, and I couldn't imagine having anyone else make our cakes for one of the biggest days of our lives. Thank you Adorn Cakes! I can't thank you enough Aleta for your hard work!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jenna C

Our wedding cake was gifted to us my by fiancé’s parents so I wanted to be special. On the recommendation of our planner Whitney with Confetti Events I set up a tasting with Aleta of Adorn Cakes. Aleta was kind, welcoming, and wiling to accommodate my crazy work schedule. She... Read More was able to sketch out my dream wedding cake and give me some pointers on saving our top tier. Our lemon curd wedding cake was the hit of the evening! One of my favorite pictures from our wedding has Aleta's three tired masterpiece wedding cake in. Thank You Aleta!

2016-11-01T01:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding celebration. I'm so happy you loved the look and the taste. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda W

Aleta at Adorn Cakes was wonderful to work with! My husband's favorite cake flavor is funfetti, and she worked with us to create a gorgeous cake that incorporated flavors for both of us! Her cakes have decadent, rich flavors, but the Italian meringue buttercream she uses keeps... Read More the dessert from being overly sweet or rich. The design process was really easy with her - she showed us many samples of her work and helped us create an elegant design that complemented our wedding. Highly recommend working with Aleta!

2016-11-01T01:55:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind review. What a memorable cake. It was a pleasure to work with you to find the perfect look. Thanks for passing on your custom monogram designed by Nellie that I could replicate on the cake and for being open to my... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Abbey L

My husband and I are coming up on our two year anniversary and as I sit and look through the photos I am once again amazed at the cake Adorn made for our wedding day. In addition to it being beautiful, it was also delicious and very reasonably priced. They were very accomodating... Read More for us and helped deliver our cake despite us not living in Kansas City and it being the hottest day of the year. Cannot say enough good things about them and would recommend them to anyone getting married or even just in need of a cake.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jennifer W

OBSESSED. We had a geode themed wedding reception and Aleta produced the most epic geode cake I've ever seen - though of course I'm partial. Her flavor selection is of course vast & delicious, but her artistry in making the most amazing, fantastical cake designs is unparalleled... Read More in Kansas City. Our cake was stunning and everything I wanted , I don't think I can sing enough praise for Aleta's talent and passion for her craft. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amanda S

Aletha did an amazing job on my wedding cake ! It was gorgeous and everything I asked for ! Not to mention absolutely delicious! Wonderful service with reasonable price! Thank you for helping us make our day special! We would choose her again for any event Thanks DeShawn and... Read More Amanda

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Lindsay F

Aleta was extremely kind and helpful when we first went into her store for our consultation. She had some of the best cake I had ever tasted which is why we decided there was no reason to look elsewhere! She uses a website called HoneyBook which was super easy to use and helped... Read More us keep in touch along the way. Our guests LOVED the cake and cupcakes that she made. I highly recommend booking with Adorn!!

2017-01-18T15:10:00 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you all enjoyed the cake. Thanks for sharing your experience with HoneyBook as well. Wishing you a lifetime of sweetness together!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Allie I

There are not enough amazing words to say about Aleta. She created the most amazing New Year's Eve cake for my wedding complete with glitter and sparklers. The cake was absolutely perfect. I have no doubt Aleta is one of the best in town!

2017-01-18T15:07:52 Response from the vendor

It was truly a pleasure!! Congrats to you both!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Sierra G

The cake was amazing! so beautiful and the cake tasting was the most fun planning event we had done! Aleta is so nice and helpful and goes above and beyond to help make your cake perfect.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016

We loved working with Aleta! She brought our cake dreams to life and worked within our budget to provide exactly what we wanted! Our cake was beautiful and our guests couldn't believe how tasty it was!! We couldn't have asked for more in our wedding wedding cake! It was a... Read More showstopper!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 AJ M

Aleta was amazing to work with! She was so helpful, and supportive in that process of the wedding planning. My Wife and I planned our wedding ourselves, and for anyone reading this who may know us, knows that we have a lot of big dreams but very little organization. Aleta, knew... Read More just how to help and just what we wanted almost immediately. Aleta is a fairy god-mother! Thanks Aleta :)

2016-11-01T01:58:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I enjoyed working with you both. You're the sweetest couple and I'm so honored to have been part of your wedding celebration. Wishing you sweetness in married life!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Planning and implementing a wedding can be a stressful event. We are so thankful to have worked with Aleta at Adorn Cakes as she took the stress out of our wedding cake experience! Aleta is a great communicator, which is so important during wedding planning. She is professional... Read More and responsive to our requests. The cakes (bridal and groom's) were beyond delicious! The cakes were asthetically pleasing and delectable. We chose four flavors: vanilla, chocolate, lemon and strawberry, which made for a variety of choices for our guests. All flavors were delish! We received numerous compliments on the beauty of the cakes, as well as the taste. Thank you, Aleta, for sharing your top-notch culinary talents with your clients. You made selecting, serving and enjoying our cakes a stress-free, delightful experience!

2016-10-26T11:50:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Adorn! It was a pleasure to create one of a kind cakes for a couple with so much personality. Best wishes to Jessica and Isaac for a lifetime of sweetness!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Katy W

Majestic and elegant are two words that came to mind when we saw our daughters wedding cake for the first time! It was truly a work of art and of heart. Aleta (the owner) was a delight and just as excited about this wedding as we were! And then we tasted it and DELICIOUS was... Read More the next word that described this cake. It was moist and so flavorful. Then, oh what fun it was as we exclaimed over the "funfetti" layer that was graced with raspberry icing and lemon curd inbetween layers. So majestic, elegant, delicious, fun and I would also add creative describe this cake...all made with heart! Thank you Aleta and Adorn Cakes!

2016-10-26T11:54:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the good report. I really loved the look of the cake and I'm so happy you all were delighted as much by the funfetti and flavors. I'm honored to be a part of such a wonderful day for a lovely couple. Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Tiera P

Aleta was amazing and created a beautiful cake from my ideas! She put what I had in my head together and creatived a beautiful and most importantly tasty cake! My guests couldn't believe how amazing the cake tasted! There were people there that never eat cake that had a few... Read More slices! We had 3 flavors! She makes everything from scratch and you can taste the difference that makes! We LOVED our cake!

2016-10-07T11:10:03 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you all enjoyed the cake. It was a pleasure creating it for your special day. Wishing you a lifetime of sweetness!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Megan D

Aleta was excellent to work with! She was professional, prompt, and friendly. Beyond Aleta herself, her cakes are PHENOMENAL. We had so many compliments at our reception on the cake flavors and the style of frosting Aleta makes. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Loren G

Aleta at Adorn Cakes is beyond fabulous! One of the BEST decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process was hiring her do our Grooms cake! We love craft beer and even had our reception at Boulevard Brewery so I decided to surprise my husband with a "bucket of beer... Read More cake!" The amount of detail that went into the cake and the bottles made out of sugar was incredible! So many of our guests were blown away that it was even a cake because it looked so real! She really took the time out to make sure it was exactly how I had imagined it down to the very last detail! On top of all of that it tasted just as amazing as it looked! I HIGHLY recommend using Adorn Cakes you will not be disappointed! I can't wait for my next event and to use her again!

2016-09-19T17:15:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words and for choosing Adorn. I'm so happy you were all delighted with the Boulevard groom's cake. It was really fun to create and Boulevard Brewery posted a pic of it on their own instagram account. Wishing you both... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/13/2016

Exquisite in Every Way! Aleta, We wish to extend to you our heartfelt appreciation and express our thanks for such a beautiful, exquisite and elegant wedding cake. The beauty of the cake was only exceeded by the Taste! The gentlemen at Pierpont's, who have cut and tasted... Read More hundreds of wedding cakes, were VERY impressed with your attention to detail and the care you took when you set the cake up. They said that they have NEVER cut, tasted, or seen a better cake. (They were STILL raving about it 2 months later!) We, as well as our guests, were blown away. One guest said they would have skipped the exquisitely executed Steak and Lobster for the cake alone! You more than exceed our expectations. Meghan of Spencer Studios Photography took such beautiful photos of the cake. I hope that you have received them! We were so blessed that you chose to be a part of our wedding day. I will forever be grateful on so many different levels. Of all of the vendors that we had the pleasure to work with, as I am typing this I have tears coming to my eyes. Thank you Aleta. I can't wait for our anniversary! We are sincerely looking forward to having more! Oh, wait! There are always our birthday's too!! Oh Happy Day! If you are reading these reviews and you are confused and apprehensive as to who to pick for your own special day...do as I did, GO FOR A TASTING! Aleta's cakes TASTE Fantastic! But, truly she is the WHOLE package; the cake was BEAUTIFUL. Her piping is unparalleled. Aleta is truly skilled. The icing was a light, fluffy not overly sweet Italian Buttercream. We did 2 flavors: Opera Cake (Almond cake soaked in espresso syrup with a layer of chocolate ganache and espresso Italian Buttercream) and White Chocolate Raspberry (White chocolate cake with a layer of Raspberry puree and fresh Raspberry Italian Buttercream). But, she has LOTS of wonderful flavors to choose from. You will find your own special cake for your own special day with Aleta and Adorn Cakes. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Bless you Aleta!

2016-11-01T02:08:51 Response from the vendor

Aww, thanks so much for your kind words. I loved all the meaningful touches you incorporated. It was a pleasure working with a such a sweet couple. I'm so happy you and your guests were delighted with the cake. Thank you for choosing Adorn. God... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Whitney H

After meeting with a few vendors for cakes, we ended up choosing Aleta at Adorn Cakes for a few reasons. The number one reason, of course, being that her cakes were absolutely delicious! She was also so great with the design of our cake and collaborating with us until she... Read More understood what we wanted. She knew exactly how much cake to serve and I didn't have to worry at all about it. All I had to do was enjoy the beautiful and delicious cake when I arrived at the reception. We ended up with a 4 tier cake that had buttercream frosting. The two flavors we chose were a pink champagne cake with strawberry puree and a lemon cake with lemon curd filling. There were others that were delicious too! She even tried to match the lace on my dress on two of the tiers and recreated the buttons from the cuff on my mom's dress that was around my bouquet. It was stunning. She's even giving us a small cake for our one year anniversary, so we can go ahead and eat the top tier from our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Abby K

We loved every minute we worked with Aleta in making our wedding cake. From the lovely tasting that she set up, to the final product which was the absolute most stunning 5-tier cake I have ever seen, she is just fantastic. She kindly worked with our florist as well to get the... Read More same ribbon that was used throughout the rest of the reception and to plan the floral placement on the cake. Our venue was on a rooftop, and Aleta helped to bring the cake up and make sure everything was perfect! Not only is Aleta great at making beautiful cakes, she is a really neat person and enjoyable to work with. Not to mention, she has the most delicious flavors of cake in town - we might even dig into our top tier before our first wedding anniversary :) I will definitely be going to Adorn Cakes for any cake needs in the future!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

I don't know where to begin! The beautiful cake that you made for our daughter's wedding was so BEAUTIFUL! It was the focal point of the room and was stunning! We loved everything about it...the piped lace that matched her dress, the buttons, the stucco finish, the way it was... Read More presented on the platform...everything! I wish that you could have been there to hear all the wonderful comments...and that was BEFORE they even tasted it! Everyone loved the cake flavor....and as expected, many ate a slice of each flavor. I was served the strawberry and went back later for a taste of the lemon, but it was all gone! Everyone loved the icing, how moist the cake was and the yummy flavors. We enjoyed working with you on this cake. We were never concerned about at thing. Thank you for that!

2016-06-21T16:53:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for putting your trust in us to create the perfect cake for your daughter's special day. I'm so happy it was enjoyed to the last crumb! Congrats to the happy couple!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Deb W

The ABSOLUTE best!! This was the most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever had !! (at my son's wedding 5/28/2016 at Fresh Air Farm and decorated by Wild Hill Flowrs) Each layer was a different flavor and I so wanted to sample another! We are from NY metro area and the home... Read More of exotic Italian Bakeries but I have never had anything so delicious!! You are a Fabulous Artist and I would highly recommend you!! Thank you for making their day so special!

2016-06-07T20:20:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was a beautiful day for a lovely couple and I'm so happy everyone enjoyed it to the last dance and the last crumb.

Reviewed on 4/16/2016

The groom and I were thrilled with Aleta and Adorn Cakes, from start to finish! Her very appealing website drew my attention to her talent, taste, and workmanship, and we found she was willing to go out of her way to accommodate us and to customize a fabulous cake for our tiny... Read More wedding in our home! She clearly earned our highest recommendation!

2016-04-16T17:21:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you--It was truly a pleasure to create the cake for you. All my best to you both!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

I absolutely love that every time I run into Aleta, owner of Adorn Cakes, at a wedding industry events she is carrying a basket full of sweet treats with her and they are so yummy! Not only are her cakes so, so lovely but they are delicious. I've seen her make the most creative... Read More and unique pieces of cake art for couples. Sometimes they seem too beautiful to eat. If you get the chance to hire her, by all means do!

2016-04-11T16:53:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Meg!! Looking forward to collaborating with you on many future weddings!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015

I found Adorn Cakes frantically searching the web for a vendor who could make a naked cake and make it taste good! Aleta was up for the challenge and did AMAZING. My wedding was May 2, 2015, and I just had a conversation last week about how good our wedding cake tasted. Our cake... Read More was a lemon cake with lemon curd frosting. I can't wait to eat it in a few months for our 1 year anniversary.

2015-12-18T03:49:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so happy you chose Adorn to make your cake vision a reality. Such a pleasure :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Aleta is great to work with and makes the best cake in town!

Aleta Schnitzer

Hello, I'm Aleta, Owner and Sugar Artist at Adorn Cakes. I began creating cakes eleven years ago when my very demanding 3 year old had a very specific kitty birthday cake request. I enjoy the creativity of cakes, but I consider baking to be my art as well. I use the best quality ingredients in my cakes, icings, and fillings--all made from scratch--no mixes! My focus is wedding cakes, and I love working with couples to make their wedding cake visions into delicious reality. Tasting and design consultations are held in our charming cake shop in Lenexa.