Unforgettable from First Sight to Last Bite.

Edible works of art baked from scratch using the finest ingredients, iced in silky Italian Meringue Buttercream, and masterfully decorated to be the crowning adornment of your special day. Our favorite couples are obsessed with taste, create personal touches, and love to treat their guests. Tasting is believing! Call or click for available dates and to schedule your tasting and design consultation.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Serving Sets, Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

15625 W. 87th Street, Lenexa, KS Serving the Kansas City Metro and Lawrence, KS (913) 638-9265

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kelly B

We were so blown away by Aleta and her cakes after our meeting with her that we knew immediately that’s who we wanted to make our cake! I had an idea of what I was looking for and Aleta more than delivered. To say I was pleased would be an understatement – I was obsessed with... Read More our cake! It was beautiful and tasted equally as amazing! Aleta was great to work with and I would recommend her over and over again!

2017-11-07T17:55:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing us for your cake. I love the design we came up with. It was a pleasure to help make your special day even sweeter. All my very best wishes to you both in married life!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Jane H

When our coordinator suggested we try Adorn Cakes, we could not have been happier. Every sample of cake we tasted was phenomenal, and that included the gluten free cake samples. Narrowing down which flavors and icings to choose was actually the hard part. Aleta is a masterful... Read More wedding cake designer. She spends whatever time it takes to get each wedding tier the design the bride and groom desires. And, the finished product was beautiful. There were many, many compliments from our guests regarding the cake. And, the gluten free almond cake with amaretto icing on three of the five tiers was by far one of the favorites, as was the non gluten free chocolate cake. We will definitely use Adorn Cakes for future events. Aleta is a gifted and talented cake baker and designer.

2017-11-07T18:02:50 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you and your guests enjoyed the cake! It truly was a pleasure working with you and personalizing your beautiful cake. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. May your married life be SWEET!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jennifer W

OBSESSED. We had a geode themed wedding reception and Aleta produced the most epic geode cake I've ever seen - though of course I'm partial. Her flavor selection is of course vast & delicious, but her artistry in making the most amazing, fantastical cake designs is unparalleled... Read More in Kansas City. Our cake was stunning and everything I wanted , I don't think I can sing enough praise for Aleta's talent and passion for her craft. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Ashley R

I want to start off by saying before hiring Adorn, I wasn't a huge fan of cakes or sweets. I went into the tasting with my fiancé, step kids, and MoH and told her that they were going to pick the flavor since my fiancé and I don't like sweets/cakes. She just smiles and brings... Read More out the cakes. I'm sure she must have heard this before. They boys and my MoH were just in heaven with this cake and insisted we try, so we gave in and did. Sweet baby Jesus was it good. All of it. Every single different variety. It was sweet, but subtle, and the frosting....omg...so creamy. It would be an insult to my taste buds to have any other kind. I had a simple design, just because that's our style, but it was still beautiful. About a month from our wedding I came up with an idea to do a grooms cake for my fiancé as a surprise. It was a FD Maltese Cross I found online with some personalized flair to it. I emailed her and got an immediate response back. She was excited about it and told me no problem. It was nice to celebrate my fiancé and his brothers at the FD (and I needed an excuse to get some of that chocolate fudge cake!!! yum). It looked so awesome. I had our three step sons (ages 12, 15, and 17) saying it was badass. Trying to get teenagers to think anything their parent does is badass, is an accomplishment in and of itself. 100% hands down recommend Aleta. She helped our day be perfect!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Susan N

I requested a groom's cake for my son with the theme of Sporting KC and Boulevard beer. She went beyond my expectations and created a fabulous cake and piece of art work. My son wasn't able to cut the cake because he loved it so much. Thank you very much.

2017-11-07T17:58:37 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure--so glad he was pleased. We definitely recommend taking lots of pictures then serving it up as our cakes taste as good as they look! Congrats to the bride and groom! Thanks for choosing Adorn!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Mackenzie N

Aleta is wonderful! My cake table set up was even better than I had imagined. We had a small cake for us then cupcakes for the guests. All were delicious. Great experience with Adorn!

2017-11-07T17:59:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure creating the cake and cupcakes for you and your guests. Wishing you both all the sweetness married life has to offer!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Jennifer H

Aleta with Adorn cakes was the best decision we made! She is the most thoughtful and sweetest lady to work with and she's really passionate about making your cake exactly how you want it no matter how detailed it is. She puts so much thought and effort into really understanding... Read More the design and flavors we wanted. The wedding cake was very important to me. I needed a partially gluten free cake and let me tell you her gluten free cakes are the best cakes I have ever had. I think I ate about 10 cake samples and still wanted more. The gluten free almond cake with amaretto icing is to die for! We ran out of gluten free cake at the wedding so I unfortunately didn't get to eat any so she offered to make us one so we can eat it on our anniversary next year! She completely exceeded our expectations and we will certainly use her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Taylar S

I can't say enough about Aleta! She was incredible to work with. We reviewed my Pinterest board and she was able to recreate our dream cake. Her cakes are so delicious and unique. Due to my now husband's work schedule he was unable to make our tasting. She sent us home with... Read More every option packaged special for him. She was readily available and incredibly patient with the last minute changes I requested. She's wonderful, and I can't say enough great things about her.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Jen S

Aleta made our wedding cake even more beautiful and delicious than we could've ever imagined! We absolutely loved the tasting: where she set out numerous different types of icings and cakes that we had asked to taste. The carrot cake was a HUGE hit! We can't wait to eat it again... Read More on our one year anniversary! (we made the entire top carrot cake as it was so delicious.) One thing that really sets Aleta and Adorn Cakes above other cake companies is the fact that at her consultation she really designs the cake to whatever you dream up as a couple and customizes anything you want, and even draws a draft of your future cake! She is so creative and sweet and we loved working with her. I would highly recommend Aleta to anyone looking for an unforgettable and tasty cake at their wedding! Thank you Aleta for all your help!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Elisa V

Aleta was so incredible to work with. I was really against having an "extravagant" cake and frankly didn't want to budget for one. I reluctantly scheduled a tasting and let me tell you what.....it was the most AMAZING cake I had ever tasted in my life and it was in my budget.... Read More Aleta helped me design the most dreamy cake I had ever seen and we got endless compliments on it at the wedding. All of our guests were gushing over how gorgeous it was and how well it fir our "theme" not to mention yummy it was. I will definitely be recommending her to anyone that will listen.

2017-08-16T18:09:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for putting your trust in Adorn. I'm so thrilled we could Wow you and your guests. I love designing for a couple with great personality and style. It was truly a pleasure! May your marriage be blessed with sweetness. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Peri A

Aleta surprised us on our wedding day with our dream cake. The cake was beyond our imagination. Aleta is very talented and pays attention to every single small and big detail. Adorn Cakes is the best for your wedding, we highly recommend Aleta to be your cake expert at your... Read More special day. We were very impressed by our 5 tier-gold leaf-wedding cake and handmade sugar flowers. Thank you Altea!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Abbey L

My husband and I are coming up on our two year anniversary and as I sit and look through the photos I am once again amazed at the cake Adorn made for our wedding day. In addition to it being beautiful, it was also delicious and very reasonably priced. They were very accomodating... Read More for us and helped deliver our cake despite us not living in Kansas City and it being the hottest day of the year. Cannot say enough good things about them and would recommend them to anyone getting married or even just in need of a cake.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Amanda S

Aletha did an amazing job on my wedding cake ! It was gorgeous and everything I asked for ! Not to mention absolutely delicious! Wonderful service with reasonable price! Thank you for helping us make our day special! We would choose her again for any event Thanks DeShawn and... Read More Amanda

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Ashleigh M

I can't say enough about how kind and talented Aleta is! I contacted her FIVE weeks before my wedding day and she was miraculously available! During our consultation, I showed her a few images I had in mind and she made all of them come together beautifully and she also had... Read More several creative ideas that made it even better. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and we had several compliments on it as well as the Groom's cake! Not to mention it was all so delicious and she had great ideas on what flavors to put together so we didn't have to have just one. She went above and beyond for everything I asked for. Aleta was always prompt in replying to my questions or concerns. She is professional, kind, and I couldn't imagine having anyone else make our cakes for one of the biggest days of our lives. Thank you Adorn Cakes! I can't thank you enough Aleta for your hard work!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Lindsay F

Aleta was extremely kind and helpful when we first went into her store for our consultation. She had some of the best cake I had ever tasted which is why we decided there was no reason to look elsewhere! She uses a website called HoneyBook which was super easy to use and helped... Read More us keep in touch along the way. Our guests LOVED the cake and cupcakes that she made. I highly recommend booking with Adorn!!

2017-01-18T15:10:00 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you all enjoyed the cake. Thanks for sharing your experience with HoneyBook as well. Wishing you a lifetime of sweetness together!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Allie I

There are not enough amazing words to say about Aleta. She created the most amazing New Year's Eve cake for my wedding complete with glitter and sparklers. The cake was absolutely perfect. I have no doubt Aleta is one of the best in town!

2017-01-18T15:07:52 Response from the vendor

It was truly a pleasure!! Congrats to you both!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Sierra G

The cake was amazing! so beautiful and the cake tasting was the most fun planning event we had done! Aleta is so nice and helpful and goes above and beyond to help make your cake perfect.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016

We loved working with Aleta! She brought our cake dreams to life and worked within our budget to provide exactly what we wanted! Our cake was beautiful and our guests couldn't believe how tasty it was!! We couldn't have asked for more in our wedding wedding cake! It was a... Read More showstopper!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jenna C

Our wedding cake was gifted to us my by fiancé’s parents so I wanted to be special. On the recommendation of our planner Whitney with Confetti Events I set up a tasting with Aleta of Adorn Cakes. Aleta was kind, welcoming, and wiling to accommodate my crazy work schedule. She... Read More was able to sketch out my dream wedding cake and give me some pointers on saving our top tier. Our lemon curd wedding cake was the hit of the evening! One of my favorite pictures from our wedding has Aleta's three tired masterpiece wedding cake in. Thank You Aleta!

2016-11-01T01:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding celebration. I'm so happy you loved the look and the taste. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda W

Aleta at Adorn Cakes was wonderful to work with! My husband's favorite cake flavor is funfetti, and she worked with us to create a gorgeous cake that incorporated flavors for both of us! Her cakes have decadent, rich flavors, but the Italian meringue buttercream she uses keeps... Read More the dessert from being overly sweet or rich. The design process was really easy with her - she showed us many samples of her work and helped us create an elegant design that complemented our wedding. Highly recommend working with Aleta!

2016-11-01T01:55:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind review. What a memorable cake. It was a pleasure to work with you to find the perfect look. Thanks for passing on your custom monogram designed by Nellie that I could replicate on the cake and for being open to my... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 AJ M

Aleta was amazing to work with! She was so helpful, and supportive in that process of the wedding planning. My Wife and I planned our wedding ourselves, and for anyone reading this who may know us, knows that we have a lot of big dreams but very little organization. Aleta, knew... Read More just how to help and just what we wanted almost immediately. Aleta is a fairy god-mother! Thanks Aleta :)

2016-11-01T01:58:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I enjoyed working with you both. You're the sweetest couple and I'm so honored to have been part of your wedding celebration. Wishing you sweetness in married life!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

Planning and implementing a wedding can be a stressful event. We are so thankful to have worked with Aleta at Adorn Cakes as she took the stress out of our wedding cake experience! Aleta is a great communicator, which is so important during wedding planning. She is professional... Read More and responsive to our requests. The cakes (bridal and groom's) were beyond delicious! The cakes were asthetically pleasing and delectable. We chose four flavors: vanilla, chocolate, lemon and strawberry, which made for a variety of choices for our guests. All flavors were delish! We received numerous compliments on the beauty of the cakes, as well as the taste. Thank you, Aleta, for sharing your top-notch culinary talents with your clients. You made selecting, serving and enjoying our cakes a stress-free, delightful experience!

2016-10-26T11:50:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing Adorn! It was a pleasure to create one of a kind cakes for a couple with so much personality. Best wishes to Jessica and Isaac for a lifetime of sweetness!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Katy W

Majestic and elegant are two words that came to mind when we saw our daughters wedding cake for the first time! It was truly a work of art and of heart. Aleta (the owner) was a delight and just as excited about this wedding as we were! And then we tasted it and DELICIOUS was... Read More the next word that described this cake. It was moist and so flavorful. Then, oh what fun it was as we exclaimed over the "funfetti" layer that was graced with raspberry icing and lemon curd inbetween layers. So majestic, elegant, delicious, fun and I would also add creative describe this cake...all made with heart! Thank you Aleta and Adorn Cakes!

2016-10-26T11:54:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the good report. I really loved the look of the cake and I'm so happy you all were delighted as much by the funfetti and flavors. I'm honored to be a part of such a wonderful day for a lovely couple. Cheers!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Tiera P

Aleta was amazing and created a beautiful cake from my ideas! She put what I had in my head together and creatived a beautiful and most importantly tasty cake! My guests couldn't believe how amazing the cake tasted! There were people there that never eat cake that had a few... Read More slices! We had 3 flavors! She makes everything from scratch and you can taste the difference that makes! We LOVED our cake!

2016-10-07T11:10:03 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you all enjoyed the cake. It was a pleasure creating it for your special day. Wishing you a lifetime of sweetness!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Megan D

Aleta was excellent to work with! She was professional, prompt, and friendly. Beyond Aleta herself, her cakes are PHENOMENAL. We had so many compliments at our reception on the cake flavors and the style of frosting Aleta makes. Highly recommend!

Aleta Schnitzer

Hello, I'm Aleta, Owner and Sugar Artist at Adorn Cakes. I began creating cakes eleven years ago when my very demanding 3 year old had a very specific kitty birthday cake request. I enjoy the creativity of cakes, but I consider baking to be my art as well. I use the best quality ingredients in my cakes, icings, and fillings--all made from scratch--no mixes! My focus is wedding cakes, and I love working with couples to make their wedding cake visions into delicious reality. Tasting and design consultations are held in our charming cake shop in Lenexa.