ADRIENNES since 1950. In the Heart of the LES

ADRIENNE's since 1950 has been dedicated to Brides, Bridesmaids, Mothers of the Brides and Grooms and all Social Occasion Dresses. We carry an Exclusive Collection of Eveningwear and Bridal Designers. We also specialize in Custom Made Designs and In House Alterations. We cater to the Last Minute Shopper and the Quintessential NYC Bride. Next Trunk Show Events: Ti Adora by Alvina Valenta. 9/29-10/1 Lillian West Bridal. 10/5-10/16 Kenneth Winston Bridal. 10/19-10/23 Montage and Ivonne D MOB. 10/26-10/29 Hayley Paige Bridesmaids. 11/2-11/5 David Tutera / Mon Cheri Bridal. 11/4-11/18 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

134 Orchard St., New York, NY (212) 228-9618
INSTAGRAM

Great Experience and Great Selection at Adrienne's

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Leland H

I found Adrienne's bridal after looking at a "Best of NYC Wedding Gown Shops that are NOT Kleinfield's." I had felt a little down after going to a few placed and saying my budget was $2500 (actually a little more than my budget, but i wanted to get to see the dresses!). I felt... Read More like a lot of places I went to focused on the name and were very off white and I could only try a small selection of what they had. When I went to Adrienne's that changed. Maryanne the owner does all the tailoring and she specializes in lace. I could essentially try on every dress (and huge selection) in the store in my budget, and found a beautiful silk slip underlay wiht overlying lace gown that was stunning. Marianne was super helpful as I love out of state, and she worked around my schedule for the tailoring and fittings. Had a great experience!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017

When I needed a miracle, Maryann at Adrienne's was my miracle! This is the best bridal shop in the city. I am a bridesmaid and was in a pinch. The bride purchased reused dresses and didn't send them until 1 month prior to the wedding. The dress was about 4 sizes too small for... Read More me. Of course, no other shop in the city could help me. There wasn't enough material and other shops required months. Then I called Maryann and she said, "I work miracles. Bring the dress in." I could not be happier! Within 3 weeks, I was fitted, new material to match the dress exactly was ordered, and I had a dress that I could wear to the wedding! It was beautiful and AMAZING customer service. This experience was a game changer, and I would not recommend going anywhere else. Adrienne's is the best shop I couldn't hoped for.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Rachel W

310.993.7461

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Jennifer B

maryann and her staff are fantastic! they have a great selection and do all alterations on site. they are totally willing to make any dress custom and really made us feel welcome and special.

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Paige R

Adrienne's bridal has beautiful dresses and an amazing selection! The dresses are also reasonably priced and the fact that the alterations were included made my life a whole lot easier! I never had a problem making an appointment and Maryann always responded to my e-mails. Yes,... Read More Mary Ann seemed a bit stressed out at times but she runs the entire store by herself. Maryanne was also able to take my wedding dress from a size 12 to a size 4. It fit perfectly and I felt beautiful on my wedding day! I have read mixed reviews about Adrienne's but I am so happy I bought my dress at Adrienne's and would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Bianca G

So, admittedly, I was a bit nervous going into this experience having read all the negative reviews on this site. I found my absolute dream dress at Adrienne’s before I had looked online – but I am so glad I went in before stopping here, or else I might never have found my... Read More dress! The dress was a unique design by the owner, Maryann’s, daughter. Since it was a sample, I got the dress at a steal – and alterations were included! I had absolutely no issues with Maryann throughout this process. I think sometimes that brides can be a little nervous and difficult when it comes to wedding vendors, and perhaps that can rub some of them the wrong way. I treated Maryann with kindness and respect, and she did the same to me – in fact, when I left after my last fitting, she gave me a giant hug. Will you get a super attentive princess-like experience at this place, like you might at Kleinfelds? No. But that was honestly not me or my vibe, and I thoroughly enjoyed going into the store for each fitting. So if you want a million people fawning over you and absolute punctuality then maybe this isn’t the place for you. But if you want truly unique designs, a New York vendor with old school charm and character, and top-notch garment skills, check this place out. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I found the dress of a lifetime at Adrienne's, and definitely recommend working with Maryann! Two weeks before my wedding, I had the horrific experience of realizing the wedding dress that had been made for me by a friend was, unfortunately, rushed, not well-made, and not... Read More correctly fitted to my body. Needless to say, I was in primal melt-down mode. I had been to Adrienne's about 6 months prior and seen a dress I really liked, and my gut instinct told me to call Maryann. She listened through my sobbing, understood my situation and let me come in last-minute on a busy Sunday, promising to fit me in somehow. The actual sample dress I had seen before was still there--Thank God! Maryann offered me a very fair price and was willing to go the extra mile to have it altered, cleaned and steamed in time for my wedding. She even rescued the belt from my ill-fated dress and repaired it so I could wear it with my gorgeous gown. The dress was ready as promised - Maryann's fitting was expertly done. I could not have had a more beautiful wedding gown! Maryann took wonderful care of me at Adrienne's. I recommend this shop!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Meriel I

My family and I drove 2 hours to this shop in order to attend a trunk show for David Tutera. When I called to make the appointment I asked if a specifi dress was going to be at the trunk show and I was assured it would be. When I arrived to the shop the appointment before mine... Read More seemed to be running a little long. I would hate for another bride to rush me and wanted to give the same courtesy to her. Another bride walked in stating she also had a 3pm. The woman working was very flustered and stated she does not know how they double booked. She tried to put the blame on us. I had specific dresses I wanted to try and showed her pictures with style numbers. They did not have any of the dresses that I had waited months to try on, including the one I was promised would be there. Upset and already feeling defeated, I went into the fitting room to wait for the consultant. Now 1 consultant was trying to juggle 3 brides. While I would love to say this is the part that is not her fault as she was alone, they are the ones that made the mistake of double booking and running almost an hour over on the appointment before. After reading reviews (a little late) this does not appear to be a one time honest mistake. Luckily for me my mother had been to a few other appointments with me and she got me in and out of almost every dress I tried on. She even had to go searching for clamps as the consultant had no clue where she put them. With the exception of a few fleeting words as she passed by me, I received no assistance. The most conversation we had was in reference to a dress that I showed her and she told me they actually carried it. She brought it into the room and I could tell it was not even close to the same dress. She insisted I was wrong and the only difference was the neckline. The dress I was looking at online was satin with a satin band, the dress she was showing me was a lace overlay with a beaded band. Even though I was unable to try on the one dress that I had waited months to try on, I was ready to say yes to the dress. I had tried on one dress in 3 different shops and every time I put it on I knew it was the dress. My family loved it. Knowing that I would get the trunk show discount I was willing to put everything that occurred aside and purchase my dress here. The time was 415, my appointment did not begin until 330 so I expected to have until at least 430 and the shop didn't close until 5. I asked to put it on one more time and maybe try it with a veil. The consultant very rudely sighed and said "I was supposed to have left already, I have a family party to get to" At that point I knew not only would I not be purchasing my dress, but that for the first time I would be writing an email of complaint and posting on review sites. In my life I have never felt to disrespected. It was bad enough that I was being rushed out after 45 minutes from an appointment I had no assistance with, was more or less told I did not book and knew the shop shouldn't close for another 45 minutes. The consultant then came into my dressing room(one of the only times she was in there) took out her cell phone and made a call. She let the person on the other line know that she had not left yet she would be leaving in 2 minutes. Make sure the oven is on, don't put anything in yet just make sure everything is ready to go. Clearly her family was more important than making a dress sale or ensuring a bride has an experience she will never forget.

Please Avoid at all Costs!

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Katie N

Maryann at Adrienne’s Bridal in NYC is extremely unprofessional and lacking as an entrepreneur. I went to her dress store a year and a half before my wedding and fell in love with a dress. It was after I placed my order that I began noticing her unprofessionalism. Each time I... Read More was there, she was stressed and acting short with everyone. She ran around sighing heavily, saying she was too busy and overworked. When I found a bridesmaid dress at another store, I priced it out at Adrienne’s Bridal. She wanted to charge an exorbitant amount more, and only after I told her how much it was offered elsewhere, was she willing to match the price. There were other issues I had with her, including forgetting to mail me a receipt for a payment, an unreasonably long period of time for bridesmaid dresses to come in, requests for cash only when it came to certain payments and downright unprofessionalism. During one dress fitting, she complained about her prior client to me after they left the store, stating they were “too demanding.” Nevertheless, I had my alterations done at the store and was happy with the outcome. I picked up the dress 2 weeks before the wedding and was told it was cleaned/pressed and to keep it in the bag until I got to my final destination (I was getting married out of town). Two days before the wedding, once I arrived at my hotel, I opened the bag to find that my dress had dirt marks on the train, as well as long water stains on the front of the dress. When I called her in a panic, she did not seem concerned at all, stating I should just try a bunch of cleaners and it would come out. I was able to get most of the stains out of the train with Shout wipes but was too nervous to try anything on the front of the dress, with fear that it would only get worse. I emailed her pictures and stressed my unhappiness with the final outcome, but she did not care at all and claimed that the dress was professionally cleaned prior to giving it to me. Afterwards, I spent 3 months sending emails requesting some type of compensation from her. She finally agreed to reimburse me for my dress cleaning/preservation bill but once I mailed the receipt, I had to follow up with her for 2 more months until she finally sent me a check. Given her unprofessionalism and poor quality of standards, I do not recommend Adrienne’s Bridal as your wedding dress store.

Found the best dress

Reviewed on 5/11/2013 Kayleigh K

MaryAnn is a sweet heart! You need patience at Adrienne's but it's well worth it. If you let MaryAnn do her magic she will find the perfect dress and make it fit you like a glove! I had 4 fittings and she did everything I asked and Even more! The day of my wedding I was... Read More astonished at people not just commenting on how my dress was but the make of it. How it fit me so perfectly and showcased my body to feel elegant and a Wow! It is a small place in the LES but well worth any hassle or extra time I had to put in to get my dress perfect as they had dresses there that NO ONE ELSE HAD. I thought I wanted something out of a magazine, but I ended up with a in house designed dress, and it was mine and no one else had it. I felt special and for all brides on your day you should feel like the most important thing in the world so pick a dress that makes you feel that way. Hugs MaryAnn!! Thank you!

stressful and time-consuming

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Kristen J

i found my dress here after only looking at one other shop and just went with it. had i actually read reviews before purchasing the dress, i wouldn't have bought it from adrienne's. be prepared to call and email and basically stalk maryanne to find out where your dress is... Read More and when you can come in. when she tries to put you into another person's dress, don't worry, your dress is in the shop, they'll find it eventually. if you take the first appointment of the day, you will be waiting on the street for 45min-1hr before maryanne shows up and lets you in. don't get frustrated that the lights are on and the gate is up and someone turned the buzzer off on you - that is the seamstress in the basement, and she does not get the door. ever. do not be surprised if, after maryanne shows up and lets you in, she disappears into the basement for 15-20 minutes without a word. when she comes up and tells you that the seamstress is working on your dress right now, try not to think too much about how rushed her work must be and wonder what mistakes are being made. be prepared to wait up to 2 hours per appt while you watch the customers that had earlier appts getting fitted. be vocal about your dress. if you notice something and let it go because you were told everything will be perfect when you pick it up, you will be disappointed. when your bridesmaids start talking to you in overly calm, soothing tones on your wedding day while zipping and buttoning up the back, don't be surprised and freak out when you realize some hooks are missing and the zipper is partially showing. it's okay, no one will notice. basically, this shop is for people who have free time during the day, and who aren't super high-strung about their dress being perfect. ps- it seems to be a good idea to give a lower price range than you are actually willing to pay when you are looking for your dress. also, be sure to pay with credit cards, NOT debit, in case anything needs to be disputed. the "cash only" sign can and should be ignored.

Loved my dress

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Erica S

Maryann is great. I know there are some reviews on other sites that do not speak highly of Maryann at Adrienne's but I couldn't disagree more. If you are looking for personal attention, and a 1 on 1 relationship with your dress team, Maryann is the perfect person. Yes, she is... Read More basically a 1 person shop, so you do have to be patient, but to me, having someone who is so knowledgeable and truly understands a woman's body was amazing. She also pointed out factors I never would have thought of - how the fabric would play in photos, how the fabric choice should be considered when thinking of the location and the potential weather of your wedding site. Maryann took the time to go over everything with me and I really enjoyed getting to know her throughout this process and during my fittings (of which I had three and each time, I had the store completely to myself, with her undivided attention).

Twass

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Tiffany K

Adrienne's was a Great venue to work with. They are a real mom and pop store. My dress was beautiful and alterations were perfect!

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Taylor M

everyone was great and the dresses were wonderful

LOVED my dress

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Kara V

Here's the thing about Adrienne's- they have gorgeous dresses and they make you look amazing. I worked one on one with the owner Maryanne at every appointment. The one thing to point out is that they are not always on time. I had a few appointments where I definitely waited 45... Read More minutes before I was seen. As annoying as this was it all melted away the moment I put the dress on and I knew that Maryanne was focused on me. So if you are looking for a gorgeous dress with amazing tailoring this is the place just expect to have to wait a little bit. Overall my dress was stunning and every detail attended to. I felt amazing in it.

DON'T DO IT! SO STRESSFUL!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Alexis C

When I first visited Adrienne's I had already tried on dresses at a salon in TX (where I'm originally from) and was fairly confident I was going to go with a Jim Jhelm dress I fell in love with. After searching out NYC salons that carried Jim Jhelm, so I could try the dress on... Read More again, I found Adrienne's. Also, to my surprise, they were having a trunk sale on Jim Jhelm dresses the following week! 15% off of my dress?! Yes, please! I made the appointment, tried on THE DRESS and a few others and made the purchase on the spot. This was in early February 2011. To place the order they required a 50% deposit, that of which I placed on a credit card. I was told the dress would be ordered and when it came in I could come in for fittings/alterations. Like any other bride, I was confident I would lose 15-20 lbs. before my wedding day and asked if I could come in early August to begin fittings before the big day on August 27th. They said not a problem they would keep the dress there for me until I wanted to come in for fittings. Between February and August I had been in touch with Adrienne's regarding another bridesmaid dress I had ordered/had altered, been in touch regarding my bridesmaids dresses for my wedding, etc...we had stayed connected throughout those 6 months so every once in a while I inquired when my bridal dress was going to arrive in the salon and I was curious why I never received a straight answer! Then I became worried. Here we were the last week of July and none of my girls' bridesmaid dresses were in and my dress wasn't either! The wedding was in a month and we could not receive a straight answer as to where they were or when we could expect them! Finally my dress came in the end of the first week of August. I had 2 fittings and it was ready to go the week before my wedding. Concerning the alterations, they really do a phenomenal job- there's no arguing that fact. They fit my dress just perfectly to my body. They made it known from the beginning that all alterations were to be PAID IN CASH. I thought this was weird, but had brought the $495 in cash with me to my last fitting. Not thinking I would be charged tax on the alterations, I ended up having to go to the ATM to get an extra $40 out. It wasn't until I left with dress in-hand and was telling my fiancé about this "cash only" policy that he informed me this policy was dirty business. He was floored they were only accepting cash and on top of that charging customers tax when they were clearly not reporting the income to the IRS to begin with... Believe it or not, the fact that it took over 6 months for my dress to come in (without a clear arrival date) and they only accepted cash for alterations was not the part that stressed me out the most about Adrienne's. The fact that FOUR of my bridesmaids still did not have their dresses THE WEEK BEFORE my wedding was the real killer! (...and I was getting married out of state!) While at one of my fittings my sister saw a big box of bridesmaid dresses with an email printed and attached to the outside of the box. She quickly scanned the email and noticed it was another bride telling Mary Ann via email, "MY WEDDING IS THIS WEEKEND! I NEED MY DRESSES!!!!" And threatening to turn them into the BBB and getting her $$ back, so CLEARLY this was not the first time they put a bride and her bridal party into this situation. Literally hands down, this was the most stressful part of my wedding planning!

Dress came, finally...

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Gillian V

DON'T GO HERE! Not worth the stress. I found my perfect dress at Adrienne's, and it was about $200 cheaper than at the previous salon I checked out. I put down the deposit (in November) and was told to expect the dress in mid-May. Then, I looked them up online... there... Read More are hundreds of horrible and terrifying reviews of this salon, saying things like the dress didn't arrive in time for the wedding, or they did a terrible job with alterations, or in one case that they gave a bride a fake dress instead of the designer one she paid for! That freaked me out, but I decided to go ahead and wait it out. After hearing nothing from Adrienne's I emailed in late May. They say they have been in touch with designer and that dress is delayed but not to worry. After following up multiple times in early, mid, and late June with no response I'm freaking out a bit and decide to call the dress designer. The customer service rep says that this is not at all the first time they've had complaints about this salon, but to keep calling/emailing as often as possible. The good news is that my dress came in last Friday (mid-July... TWO months late) and I've paid the remaining balance on it. It's currently at my apartment awaiting my first fitting at a different salon this weekend. Phew! Adrienne's has a wide selection of dresses at relatively reasonable prices, but their customer service and business acumen are TERRIBLE. I don't know what's going on with them, but they need to get their act together!

Was an ok experience

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 Danielle K

So...I was not very impressed with this store. I originally went there because they were having a trunk show with the designer I liked. When I walked in the store was very small and all the dresses were so dirty at the bottoms. Not to mention alot of them didnt fit, because most... Read More were a size 6. I am an 8 so it was hard to get the full effect with alot of the dresses. But I ended up finding a dress that I really loved, so I ended up ordering from them. The woman working there had no idea what she was doing, but the owner was also there and she was vey helpful that day. My dress came in so fast, I was actually a little disappointed because I felt like I could have taken more time to look. The alterations were very nicely done. But the service you got when you were there was not. She booked too many appointments at once and seemed to get annoyed at you when you said you wanted something changed. In the end, it all worked out. But I just thought the whole dress experience should have been better.

thanks so much!

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 Alondra B

awesome customer service! loved everything thanks

awesome

Reviewed on 3/29/2011 mindy c

awesome

Adrienne's almost ruined my wedding

Reviewed on 1/03/2011 Jean C

We went to Adrienne's Long Island location for my wedding dress and our four bridesmaid dresses. My dress ended up being beautiful, but extremely stressful to have altered (When I ordered the dress 10 months before they wedding, the salesperson assured us we could do the... Read More fittings on weekends since I live out of town, but when the dress came in and I had to schedule my fittings, they told me they could only do fittings Mon-Fri 11-4. They finally agreed to do a fitting one Saturday morning, but the seamstress told me she was only doing me a favor by doing it. They then arrived an hour late for my fitting.) The bridesmaids' dresses were ordered 7 months in advance and came in 3 weeks before the wedding. The sales associates wouldn't return our calls and kept making excuses about why the dresses didn't come in. After tracking down the owner (who was extremely rude), the dresses finally arrived the next day. Based on the unprofessional way this business is run, I wouldn't be surprised if the store is out of business by now, but consider yourself warned that even though they have a large selection, Adrienne's should be avoided at all costs.

disappointing

Reviewed on 11/01/2010 Yasmine I

Adrienne's is disorganized and frantic, and was really the only stressful part of my wedding planning. My dress was not ready until the day before my wedding, and the hem completely fell apart the minute I got on the dance floor. If you go there, tell them that your'e wedding is... Read More a month before it actually is, and do not get it altered there.

Warning - Unethical/Immoral Bridal "Business"

Reviewed on 9/30/2010 Lauren F

Purchasing my 6 bridesmaid dresses at Adrienne’s was the only bad experience of my wedding planning. Adrienne’s promised to deliver the dresses 6-8 weeks before the wedding and to contact me when the dresses arrived. I never heard from Adrienne’s. So, 6 weeks before the wedding,... Read More I started calling and e-mailing. One call was finally returned, with the message that the dresses would be in. When my sister-in-law went to pick up her dress, no one would open the door of the shop. I realized I was facing the real possibility that our dresses would either never come in or would come in so late that there would not be time for alterations. So I ordered 6 dresses on-line from Nordstrom’s after reading a review of another Adrienne’s bride whose bridesmaid dresses never arrived. If the dresses from Adrienne’s came in, I would be able to return the 6 dresses to Nordstrom’s as they would not have been worn. Then I received a voice mail message that the dresses would be in by July 30. So my mother came in from out of state to pick them up as 4 of my bridesmaids live near her. My mother needed to bring them back home with her to hand-deliver to the bridesmaids so the dresses could be fitted and altered. Two of my bridesmaids were going out of town on vacation and had only a couple of days to get fitted. There was no time left to have the dresses shipped to the bridesmaids. When we arrived at Adrienne’s on Friday, July 30, we were told Adrienne’s did not know if the dresses had arrived. We went with the sales associate to look through the store for the dresses, but could not find them. We were then told the dresses had not arrived. Then we were told the dresses were still at the manufacturer. Then we were told the dresses would be shipped and would be in the next week. We asked Adrienne’s to make arrangements for the dresses to be picked up directly from the manufacturer, about 30 blocks away, during regular business hours. We were told that was not possible. (Why?) We explained we needed the dresses that weekend. These discussions consumed 2 hours. By the end, when it was clear we were not getting the dresses, we asked that our bridesmaids’ deposits be refunded. The owner, MaryAnn, raised her voice and told us she would not return our deposits. She accused us of being unprofessional and unfair! She did this in earshot of at least one other customer, who left the store, saying she would not deal with the store due to the way we were treated. In contrast, my mother and I were very calm during the entire experience because we had the back-up dresses from Nordstrom, even though we would have preferred the dresses from Adrienne’s. We left the store without our dresses. I have never received a call or an e-mail advising that the dresses have arrived. Had I not ordered replacement dresses from Nordstrom’s, my bridesmaids would not have had dresses to wear at my wedding. My dresses from Adrienne's never arrived. Further, Adrienne's does not respond to inquiries from the Better Business Bureau. 5 of my 6 bridesmaids were able to get their money back from the credit card company. 1 of my bridesmaids paid with a debit card in March 2010. She is having trouble getting her money back...even though the merchandise never arrived! What a disaster. Do not waste your time on this unethical, immoral, 'business'. You can read more reviews here: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/39822409/new_york_ny/adrie nne_s_bridal.html

Rating for Adrienne’s

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lisa D

Maryann Greco

ADRIENNE's was originally started in 1950 in LI by Adrienne Kraus, a French Couturier from Paris.In 1990, Maryann Greco, a designer in NYC, took over and expanded the business into a larger salon in Islip. In 2002, her daughter Gina, who had been working for Vera Wang on Madison Ave. previously, decided ADRIENNE's needed to be in Manhattan. There was a need for Quality Affordable Bridal Gowns for the NYC Professional Working gal who also wanted excellent alterations and service. In 2004,Gina & Maryann expanded and opened a 2nd store on Orchard St, and in 2012, consolidated into a bigger one