Affordable Photography/Video by Kirk McGee Studios

Houston, TX

Beautiful Photos/Video from $400!

A trusted christian company since 1976 with numerous awards and accreditation from the BBB. They are fun, friendly, efficient and patient. This helps ensure that the atmosphere is relaxed while every moment of the event is captured with the highest of quality. We want to be a part of your big day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

$0-$999

Houston, TX

Great job at affordable price

Reviewed on 4/22/2014

Kirk did a fantastic job catching all the unforgettable moments at my wedding reception. He was very dedicated and creative in catching the right moments. I am very happy to see all the photos at a high quality and pay a relatively cheaper price than most of the other... Read More photographers offered. I will definitely recommend Kirk to other customers!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Christina R

Kirk photographed my wedding this past July. He was absolutely fantastic! It was very easy to book with him and he was prompt in returning my e-mails. I added an additional hour to my package which was very easy and inexpensive to do. I never felt like I was being followed... Read More around with a camera, and he was never in the way though from the pictures, he was everywhere all night. He got pictures of everything! He had great ideas for the posed photos though he did not interrupt my creativity. The pictures turned out amazing. The lighting was always great and somehow there isn't a singe bad photo of me which is very important as the bride! The pictures captured every part of the wedding including the parts I meticulously planned but didn't get to enjoy or see on the big day. Every single guest is in a picture somewhere which was very important to me. Several photos were edited to black and white or cropped and enhanced as well though I also was given all the originals. Kirk didn't pressure me into discussing the style I wanted or any specific photos I wanted before the wedding though he made it clear the line of communication was always open. The pictures were accessible almost immediately and their has been no pressure for me to hurry with choosing the ones I want prints of or otherwise. Kirk also has a ton of options as far as sizes of prints. I would definitely recommend Kirk and his company to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Sarah P

Everything was great! The photographer/videographer were both super professional and sweet!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Jennifer Ann R

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Shanna-Shaye F

Kirk McGee Studios did a wonderful job photographing our wedding for a very affordable price. Our photographer Kapri took beautiful pictures. I definitely recommend them for your wedding photography!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Teresa R

Kirk is an AMAZING photographer! He took so my pictures! And thank goodness he did because I tend to make weird faces subconsciously... but thankfully he took enough pictures that I got so many where I was actually smiling!!! I was really nervous to see how the pictures came... Read More out, but I shouldn't have been. My husband and I are so happy with them! Thanks Kirk, I highly recommend him! (Bonus, he is very affordable!!!!)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Kathryn R

Kirk was amazing, from start to finish! He was able to really capture all the moments I wanted. Before the wedding he was prompt with emails and really cared about the vision I wanted for my pictures. He arrived on time to the wedding and was running everywhere in the venue to... Read More make sure he didn't miss a thing. He made sure that we all felt comfortable and was very personable. I highly recommend Kirk, he was a pleasure to work with and our wedding photos are ones that we will love for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Monica G

I am so pleased I chose Kirk to do our wedding photography! He was super easy to work with, always promptly returning emails( even with a bride who likes to ask a million questions). He took tons of great photos, had wonderful ideas and was super affordable.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Kirk did an amazing job! Highly reccomend

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Fahim B

Kirk did our wedding and for the price you cannot go wrong choosing this photographer for your wedding. We were very pleased. He stayed longer than asked and took more pictures. We are so grateful and blessed to have found him. He send us two CD's with all the JPEG images. We... Read More are happy and if we need a photographer for another event we will be calling Kirk!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Ashley C

He is very nice and a great price

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Renee P

Kirk McGee Studios was definitely an affordable choice as advertised. However, it didn't stop there. We chose Kirk and Chris to photograph and video our recent wedding. The service was with a smile. Kirk took a lot of pictures which great and there was plenty of coverage on the... Read More video. I will treasure the beautiful pictures and video that we now have to remember our day. I definitely recommend Kirk McGee Studios for your event.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Johanna S

Absolutely wonderful! He was very professional and dedicated to capturing all the beautiful moments. The prices was great and he did a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stacie V

Kirk provided professional quality photos and was prompt at the wedding and reception. I'm confused by some reviews he got because he did such a great job at posing us and our families for the photos. We will definitely refer him to friends and family.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kat G

I booked a package deal with McGee Photography. It was to include engagement, bridal and wedding day photos. They were recommended to me by my venue saying he has shot there before. I took their advice and booked Kirk himself under the deluxe package which would include many... Read More printed photos as well as a photo book. He did show up for out engagement photos. No instructions were given to us as how many outfits to wear or bring or anything else. We were just told to show up. Being as how I have never done this before I had no idea what I needed to do or wear, but my fiance and I just picked out some clothes and showed up. He directed the shoot for the most part. What he didn't tell us was that we looked awkward and stiff in every photo. They turned out horrible and we only had about 3 pictures that were decent enough to show. When it came to the bridals he said that he would not be able to schedule them with me, that he was too busy to do them. Offered for me to pick another photographer, which I did not like nor did I want to do. So I said that I guess we will just get some shots of me at the wedding... He did show up promptly at the wedding, but never directed any pictures and who should be in them. I didn't get any pictures with my aunts, or uncles, etc. He took most of the picture from the waist up when we spent thousands or dollars on our dresses and tuxes... My husband has a hard time holding a smile and never once did Kirk inform us when we were taking the pics that we should try again because he was making an awful face. So most of our pictures after the ceremony are bad. The pictures from the ceremony themselves are terrible. There are rails in front of our faces. We were on a balcony and he took all of the pictures looking up at us... The pictures from the reception are few and blurry. There are a few good shots, but overall I am very upset with the quality of my pictures. It also took me a year to get them. I paid extra money on top of the package for an even better quality book. I never got any of the prints or the book that was included in my package that I paid for. I did at least finally after a year of calling and waiting got a disc of all of my pictures. He said that he would not return any of my money so at this point I'm just glad to have the disc. I can re buy my own prints and books, but when everything is over all you have are the pictures and I am just more sad than anything about how they turned out. So here I am a year and a half after my wedding editing my own photos and trying to create my on photo book.

2015-10-23T11:49:07 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry to be just now hearing all of this. 1. Kat's wedding pictures are not blurry or horrible 2. Kat, never asked about extra outfits and most couples only want one. 3. The eng. photos came out great, so another lie. 4. She... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Courtney C

Kirk McGee Photography especially Christopher Coats did such an amazing job with the videography and the highlights video of my wedding. I am extremely impressed and will recommend this studio and Christopher Coats to many of my other friends getting married. It was very... Read More affordable and since i was on a tight budget it worked out and the quality was excellent.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Danielle is a terrific photographer. Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you – the pictures turned out beautiful !!!!!!!!!! We sat down as soon as the pictures arrived and went through them, we loved all of them. And you got such good pictures of our dog (our ring bearer)... Read More posing by himself and in the group pictures too. You did such a good job, we can’t thank you enough.

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

Very impressed by all the photos! With some unfortunate circumstances I wasn't able to really communicate with Kirk much. That being said the photos were fantastic! He captured all the moments I would have wanted and made my day extra special!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Esmeralda Q

Kirk was great! They were very affordable and the quality was great. When booking everything else was so hectic working with them was a piece of cake. I would definitely recommend Kirk.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 LaQuesha W

Kirk McGee Studios have been a savior to me during all the madness of wedding planning! I suggest anyone on any budget, any timeline, with any idea to “Look & BOOK”! Things are explained thoroughly and feedback is extremely quick. Kirk McGee Studios will be whom I refer and the... Read More studio will the source of all of our future photography/video needs!!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Excellent experienced photographer at a fabulous price!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Terri W

Kirk did an awesome job, and is VERY easy to work with! Very affordable yet top quality photos! Definitely recommend him for special events! Chris & Terri

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Jamie B

Great photography for a great price!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015

Professional and personable!! Great service!

Kirk was great

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Misha H

The packages are affordable and the pictures came out a lot better than I expected them to. When I called to make our reservation, there was not a local photographer from the company available to shoot our wedding day, but thankfully Kirk McGee, the owner, was already going to... Read More be in the city where our wedding was held and that he would be able to shoot our wedding! We got our pictures on a cd (about 740 pictures) and are able to print them out ourselves. We are also receiving 2 free 8x10 images of our choice through a little promotion that they had going on at the time we paid our deposit; but that has not come through the mail yet--anxiously waiting! Kirk answered my emails in a timely manner and was accommodating to some of the poses we requested of him to take pictures of.