Agnostic Weddings

Serving all of California

Your Fairytale Wedding Without the Fairy Tale

Greetings skeptics, freethinkers, and nonbelievers! Rather not bite your tongue when you meet with your wedding officiate? Want a totally custom, beautifully written ceremony? I am committed to making my couples’ wildest wedding dreams come true. Call today to set up a free consultation.

Ceremony, Wedding

Long Beach, CA
Serving all of California

Beautiful and Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Kolleen H

Sasha was the perfect choice for our wedding. We customized a ceremony based on her extensive book of suggestions, and it came out beautifully. I don't think most people even noticed that we never included a prayer or mention of God! We love the printed booklet of our vows; it will become a cherished memento. Sasha is also just a cool, down-to-earth person, just the type of person you want around you on your crazy wedding day. Highly recommended.

Absolutely the best ceremony ever!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Rosie C

My husband and I had the hardest time finding an officiant that would fit our style and way of thinking. We were brushed off by a few others and were ready to give up when we happened upon Sasha. We filled out a request form and she called us that same night to talk to us. We instantly bonded over the phone and our personalities just meshed, it was meant to be! She penciled us in her book until we were able to meet in person so that our date would not book up. We met at her home to go over details of the ceremony. She had binders full of ceremony ideas and we were able to pick and choose, add and take out things as we pleased, make it ours in other words. She put everything together and emailed us what our ceremony would entail. My husband and I wrote our own vows and she reviewed them and added them to the ceremony noting that they were perfect. She also attended our rehearsal at the wedding venue and went over last minute details with us and our family. Our wedding ceremony was absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for more! All of our guests had nothing but good things to say about Sasha and were very complimentary about how beautiful the ceremony was. The best part is keeping the complied ceremony book! Sasha is very professional, personable and the most amazing officiant ever! I would definitely recommend her to anyone! Thanks so much! -Keith and Rosie Dennis

Best Choice Ever!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Elana A

I recently served as a matron of honor in a dear friend's wedding. Sasha officiated the ceremony; the bride, the groom, the wedding party, and all of the guests both laughed and teared up during the ceremony. Not only was the ceremony itself fantastic, but Sasha's calming presence before the ceremony got us all organized and off on the right foot. There was no stress, no drama, and a wonderful sense that she really knew what she was doing, and that she really did care about the couple.

Sasha is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Megan J

Sasha Rusk was our wedding officiant for our 9/10/11. We booked her early because of our date and we really liked her views on the ceremony process. She had guidelines to go by for how we wanted our ceremony to go(like vows and sand ceremony) and we just picked which ones we liked. She was so on top of everything and made us feel so at ease with everything. She's hilarious and so easy going. She called me a month or 2 before just to make sure we are okay and if we ever had any questions to call her no matter what. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous and she spoke so clearly and no one ever had a problem not being able to hear her. After the wedding, everyone kept telling me how cool she was and the best officiant they have ever seen. She mailed out our license right away and everything was taken care of. I would 100% recommend Sasha and will be telling EVERYONE I know to use her services. Thanks Sasha! YOU ROCK!!!

Beautiful inside and out!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Alexis A

Sasha is such an incredible human being and is absolutely spectacular at what she does. She officiated my wedding this past August and I can't tell you how many people came up to us afterward to comment on how our vows spoke to them and how amazing Sasha was. She brought a creative and calming energy from the very start of creating our vows to the final 'I Do'. I would renew m vows every year just to have Sasha there!

Evocative presence

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Amanda B

We were so happy with our ceremony that Sasha performed. We got several compliments on her calm, soothing presence and how much she added to the ceremony. We wanted something completely unique, and not generic, expected or overly flowery in any way. We had an honest script, of what marriage really meant to us and not some canned version you hear all the time. The groom and I both wrote our own vows and between the vows and the ceremony script we had the whole crowd in tears...in a good way! Use her, she's wonderful. She'll make your wedding day just what you want it to be.

Bueatiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 Rory I

I had SO many guests comment on the ceremony and ask who the officiant was. It was spiritual without being religous, and frankly, I don't think of of religous guests even noticed.

Personable

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Yolanda D

I was there to witness Sasha officiate my sister-in-law's wedding. She made the ceremony very personable. There wasn't a dry eye in sight. She was very professional and cared deeply about the happy couple having a perfect day. I told my husband Sasha will be renewing our vows at our 10 year anniversary.

Beautiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Cindy S

I was a guest at a wedding that Sasha officiated at a few years ago and it was beautiful. What stands out to me was how she touched the bride, the groom and their family members who know them best and made their ceremony about them. I could see by the look in their eyes that everything said was perfect and just what they wanted for such a special occassion. Sasha did a wonderful job and I would recommend her to anyone reading this review.

Exceedingly Good!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Annika E

Wedding officiants seem to be one of those things that many people can do acceptably but very few can do exceedingly well. Sasha Rusk is one of those few, however. The wedding day is no small pressure to place on the hands of the officiant. They are, after all, the ring master at the center of the three-ring circus. The bride and groom have spent months, sometimes years preparing for this brief moment together. To them, this is everything. And watching Sasha Rusk perform her ceremony I can see that she understands that. She is comfortable, personable, empathetic, sincere, and as perfect as you could hope for.

Fabulous Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 John D

Sasha was the officiant at my wedding last year and she did an amazingly superb job. Thanks, Sasha.

perfect choice!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Alexandra S

its my sincere pleasure to whole-heartedly recommend sasha at agnostic weddings. we definitely wanted a completely non-religious ceremony and i'm so glad that i found sasha. we were thinking about having one of our friends do the ceremony, but after meeting with sasha decided to go with her instead (also sasha can do the ceremony text for you and you can have someone else read it). and im so glad we did as it took all the stress away from planning that part of the wedding, and it was very calming to see her smiling at us when we came down the aisle on the day. so - the ceremony text. sasha has this amazing selection of beautifully crafted passages that you can put together to form the perfect ceremony. so many of our guests commented on how meaningful the text of our ceremony was, and also how contemporary and fresh. we chose to go with a theme of how marriage is an artistic enterprise, crafted by both of the members of the couple together. there were light-hearted sections, and also very deeply poignant sections. it perfectly captured the way we feel about our relationship (two individuals maintaining our independence but also supporting each other) and about marriage in general. it was really such a beautiful text! and, sasha has a great friendly and relaxing presence on the day. she really puts you at ease, and makes sure you know when to say your lines! i couldnt have been happier with the ceremony text and the way it was carried out on the day. and i have a lovely keepsake of the words to look over. my husband adds - picking the passages to make up the ceremony text together was fun and really made us think about what we wanted to say, but with beautifully written choices already prepared for us!

you had to be there

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 alex k

I have had the chance to see Sasha in action many times as a guest, as father of the bride, father of the groom and proud parent of the minister. Her ceremonies are grounded in a true sense of respect for the state of union between two individuals and peppered with a wry sense of humor, compassion and a profound understanding why people feel the need to declare their love and devotion to one another in the presence of loved ones. Sasha is a true wonder and the fact that she happens to be my daughter is just icing on the cake.

2010-12-02T21:21:35 Response from Sasha, the member

How lucky am I to have officiated at my brother's wedding, my sister's wedding, and over 100 other weddings? Each time it's an honor, whether I'm celebrating with family, friends, or couples who found me through The Knot/Wedding Channel. Thanks for your sweet kind words!

The Wedding Ceremony of My Dreams

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Jaclyn L

My husband and I felt very strongly about having our wedding ceremony be very personal and meaningful. We have been to many weddings where the ceremony focused more on religion than the couple getting married, and as a result felt very cold and impersonal. As nonbelievers, we also knew we didn't want religion to play any part in our ceremony. I am SO thankful we found Sasha and Agnostic Weddings. When we met with her for the first time, I knew instantly that I wanted her to be our officiant. She was so warm and friendly, and seemed to feel as strongly as we did about helping us create a very personal ceremony. I know many friends who got married around the same time as us who were married by religious officiants, and they were dismayed that they had almost no say in the content of their ceremony. But Sasha sat with us as we literally handpicked every part of our ceremony from her vast notebook of readings, rituals, etc. She offered suggestions without imposing her opinion, and then took all our input and turned it into the most beautiful, meaningful ceremony I could have ever imagined. I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. We got so many compliments from people at the wedding (and even now, more than a year later) about how beautiful the ceremony was. It was amazing the response it got - I guess there are even more people who are tired of the same old religious fill-in-the-blank ceremonies than I realized! Two of my out-of-town friends even asked if they could use some of the readings and language into their own weddings - which I think is the highest compliment you could ask for! If you want a deeply meaningful ceremony that celebrates who you are as a couple and that people will talk about for years to come, I highly recommend Agnostic Weddings!

Patty

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Patty V

Sasha officated at my son's wedding. It was a lovely outdoor setting. She was very accommodating to the bride and groom allowing them total freedom to express themselves. There was no audio system, but Sasha spoke clearly enough for all to hear the wonderful vows. I am thinking of renewing my vows and of course Sasha will be my first choice for that. I recommend her to any couple that I know that is planning a wedding or committment ceremony.

Create your own ceremony!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Meagan K

Sasha is AMAZING! From the very beginning, she makes it clear that this is YOUR wedding, whatever you want, you got it! Her presence is calming and from the moment you meet her, you feel comfortable, as if you've known her for years. If you want a wedding ceremony that is unique to your preferences, Sasha is the one for you! You choose the features that you want to include in your wedding, and Sasha skillfully weaves them into an inspiring, captivating ceremony. Guests came up to us at the reception and commented that our wedding was one of the best ceremonies they'd ever seen. I would recommend Sasha to anyone!

Sasha is wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Cindie Y

I have been to many wedding ceremonies in my years. I have never experienced a more beautiful wedding ceremony than that of my daughter and son in law's wedding. When I first saw Sasha smiling at my daughter and son in law I thought how warm and friendly she seemed. When she started to speak I began to cry. She was warm, personable, and fun. She seemed as if she had always known my daughter and son in law. She made me laugh and cry. She was articulate, sincere and engaging. The ceremony was truly reflective of my daughter and son in law. It was so beautiful and fun. After the ceremony many of our friends and family commented on how fabulous she was. Sasha made a day in my life that was already very special even more so. She is very much a part of my beautiful memories of that very special day.

Finally! A Freethinker's Officiant!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Alexandra K

Just because you're an Atheist doesn't mean you don't deserve a real wedding. It may come as a surprise to some, but when you don't belong to a church, temple, mosque, etc., your wedding options drop to basically one: the horrifically unromantic county courthouse. And what happy couple wants to get married there? Agnostic Weddings is the greatest thing to happen to Atheist weddings possibly ever. Thanks to Sasha Rusk, we now can have a beautiful (but not sappy) wedding ceremony surrounded by our friends and family...and, we can even have it anywhere we want...not some stuffy building surrounded by disgruntled state workers! Sasha is amazing...funny, warm, sensitive and extremely attentive to your needs. And, she's amazingly easy to work with...which is great, considering even the most casual wedding planning can be stressful. If you live in SoCal and are a proud Atheist/Agnostic/Freethinker/Secular Humanist, you can have the ceremony you deserve...thanks to Agnostic Weddings. It's one less thing to stress over...if only dress shopping was easier!

Sasha rules! ...and so will your ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Amanda H

While planning our wedding in Northern California, we had the hardest time finding an officiant. We didn't want our wedding ceremony to be too traditional, but we also didn't want it to be too off-the-wall, either. Even though both my husband and I would consider ourselves agnostic, we had absolutely no desire to rub that in anyone's face at our wedding. We just wanted our ceremony to reflect us, and our love, and we wanted it to be genuine. And fun. And tasteful. And anything else we dreamed up along the way. =) We literally stumbled upon Sasha's site, after several disappointing endeavors to find an officiant. All the other non-traditional, secular officiants we found were a little ...odd... but we had a good feeling about Sasha. That good feeling turned into an OUTSTANDING feeling when we met Sasha face-to-face. We were instantly excited, and we knew we were going to be able to design the perfect ceremony with Sasha's help. The true test, I thought, was the day of the wedding. The words we'd put together sounded EVEN BETTER when Sasha spoke them to all of our friends and family members. We laughed, we cried, but most of all, we smiled so much that our cheeks ached when the ceremony was over. As it turns out, the real joy of our ceremony is that we have the beautiful memories, and that our family and friends still. to. this. day. (almost 4 years later) tell us how much they loved our ceremony. No one has forgotten it. We will never forget it. And for as much as we focused on getting the right dresses and tuxedos, and the right food and music, the venue, the invitations, etc... the ceremony is why we were all there that day. Choosing Sasha as our wedding officiant was absolutely the best decision that we made. (By the way - Sasha's website said that she roasted someone right after the vows of a ceremony once. That was us, and our poor friend, Jim. Just so you know, Jim deserved it, and he probably speaks more highly of the ceremony than anyone else! Even the elderly in attendance at our wedding LOVED that. You just need to go with your gut and do what's right for you when planning your wedding. Sasha delivered our vision flawlessly. Good luck!)

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Jill M

Sasha did a wonderful job marrying us - I couldn't of picked a better person for the job! The guests thought she was pretty fabulous as well. :)

What an amazing ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 Elana A

I had the pleasure of participating as a bridesmaid in the Messersmith-Kuczynski wedding last May. Many things stood out--the food, the flowers, the beautiful bride--but the amazing ceremony brought such deep meaning to the rest of the beautiful day. Sasha Rusk was literally beaming with joy at the couple's happiness, and her words were so thoughtful, so well spoken and heartfelt that all of us--the bride and groom, the wedding party, the guests--felt that we were truly participating in something special and life-changing. If I weren't already married, I know who I'd choose to officiate my wedding for me!

darmok and jalad...at tanagra

Reviewed on 11/24/2010 sarah y

My husband and I contacted our officiate, Sasha, of Agnostic Weddings just a few days before what ended up being my ideal wedding, which i was frantically attempting to plan with very little time. We were able to very quickly and conveniently arrange a meeting to plan the ceremony. We connected with Sasha immediately, and had a blast assembling a very unique and personalized ceremony from the vast array of resources that she provided. Throughout the planning process, i knew that Sasha was completely invested in the success of our wedding. It still astounds and amazes me that we found Sasha. I could not have imagined a more creative, perceptive officiate with a true passion for her profession! We love you, Sasha!

So Far OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 Aimee G

My fiancee and I are getting married in July. After a LONG search we found Sasha. We met with her and spent a fantastic fun few hours talking. She sent us our first draft a few days later. AMAZING. I am so excited to have found her and she is going to be a part of our very most special day.

simply perfect, an envied ceremony

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 paige d

I can not tell you how many guests at our wedding have since requested copies of our ceremony. Sasha's experience and charisma, her ability to listen and to think creatively, culminated in the perfect marriage ceremony for my husband and I. It was unique, as we are. It was touching, even for those who'd been to so many weddings. It was perfectly timed--not too long, not too short. There was laughter, and gentle guidance from our officiant. Really... If you want an exceptional ceremony, at an exceptionally affordable rate, conducted by an exceptionally talented, thoughtful, and creative soul... You'll seek Sasha's services and at Agnostic Weddings.

Our Perfect Personalized Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Valerie H

What can I say about Sasha? She is everything she said she would be on her website and more! Sasha sat with us for a couple of hours, getting to know us while we constructed our ceremony from beginning to end using her sample texts. She sent us a rough draft which we were able to edit as many times as we wanted (and we did- right up until the day before the ceremony!). We are not religious but believe in marriage and family and wanted a special ceremony to celebrate our love and that's what we got! We received so many compliments from our wedding guests about how personal and meaningful the ceremony was. We threw a great party and still, most of the feedback from the day was how beautiful the ceremony was. There was no mention of god nor blessings (per our request), and yet even the most religious people in attendance had nothing but wonderful things to say about Sasha and the ceremony. Her prices are comparable to all of the other officiants I saw, but I can't imagine a more personal touch than what Sasha offered. Thank you, Sasha for helping make our day so special.

TO Agnostic Weddings