Aimee Custis Photography

DC, Maryland, Virginia + wherever love is

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

1727 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC DC, Maryland, Virginia + wherever love is (202) 431-7185

Reviewed on 9/29/2017

We had such an amazing time working with Aimee and her team. Aimee was so organized and helpful through the entire wedding process and wedding day. She was also sensitive to all of the needs of our wedding party and guests, including young children. She and her team were fun to... Read More work with the day-of, kept stress levels down, and were super creative and committed to get amazing photos (even going knee-deep in a pool or laying on the ground outside to capture a great angle). We received the pictures quickly, and we're thrilled with the results! The photos are absolutely beautiful, and there are so many great ones to pick from and share! I'm so happy we used Aimee Custus Photography for our special day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Yael I

Aimee is honestly one of the best photographers in the DC area!! A friend referred us to her for our engagement shoot and we are so lucky she did. Aimee gave us great pointers and suggestions beforehand and helped us narrow down where we’d go for our photos. She was always... Read More responsive and helpful with any questions we had. When we finally met Aimee in person she was easy to talk to and made the whole thing fun. Our wedding planning stress melted away for those 2 hours we spent with her and she even went beyond the session time because she loved the sunset and the light we were getting. She is also very accommodating with dogs and took some great shots with us and our dog. All the photos came out so beautifully! We would recommend Aimee to anyone looking for an engagement/wedding photographer or any other photography occasion.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nelle P

Matt and I had a grand (and somewhat unusual) vision for our engagement party and we wanted every, single, moment documented. Thank goodness we had the opportunity to work with Aimee and her team. They were the best! Aimee supported me in the visioning process, aided by her... Read More prompt and chipper communications, mapped out the best way to capture a pretty complex day (150-person bike ride through the streets of DC, 12 layers of surprise, a dark and crammed venue) and she corralled all of us cats with charm and ease. Her team's photos (AND VIDEO!) captured the stories and lost little moments that we, and our friends and family, will cherish for the rest of our lives. I really hope we get to work with her on our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Cody B

We became aware of Aimee after meeting her at some friends' wedding and were impressed with the photos and the way she directed the room. During our first consultation, we instantly knew that AImee was the "the one." She described her approach, gave us information about all of... Read More her packages, and showed us samples of her work. We left feeling relieved that we had the right photographer for us. Aimee proved us right time and time again. Not only was she available by email constantly, she also provided timely emails with helpful "how to" guides to demystify what to expect at each step of the process. My husband and I were both very anxious before our engagement session. We'd worked with Aimee to select a beautiful location (Union Market) and felt confident in what we'd selected to wear—We were ready—but we were so nervous! From the very first shot Aimee put us at ease. With Aimee's simple - but not overly scripted - instructions, we were naturally interacting and moving (and getting great shots)! It was a total success! Aimee was a complete pro - she knew exactly where she wanted us to go as we made our way around the Union Market neighborhood. When asked she immediately produced permits that we had no idea were even needed -- really put us at ease! We got our photos days after the session (which is absolutely amazing). Two days after the election, we wanted to do something to speak to our values and chose to legally get married. We let Aimee know, and she offered to "move hell or high water" to be there with us. Not only did we get even more great shots, but it was also comforting having a friend with us who knew how to navigate Moultrie Courthouse. In advance of our "official" wedding on March 25, 2017, we worked with Aimee to develop a day-of photography timeline that made sense for us and our families. She then handled coordinating with the day-of coordinator to keep all of our timelines aligned. On the big day, Aimee arrived early to the St. Regis and quickly got to work photographing our accessories, wedding party, and us as we got ready. Aimee took us to a fantastic location just a few blocks away from the hotel for cherry blossom shots that weren't scattered with tourists. When we got back to the hotel, we zipped through the family, wedding party, and group shots and then were zipped up to our suite as guests started to arrive. Throughout this entire period Aimee was a constant ally and advocate for us. She gently nudged us along to keep us on schedule and also insisted that we take the time we needed for things like lunch. I've never felt more accommodated yet directed at the same time. Based on the photos, Aimee and Kian (her second shooter) were everywhere during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and rehearsal. They beautifully captured each and every detail, from the place settings to our dances with our Moms. They even captured details that I don't remember seeing myself! It took just a few weeks to get our photos back, delivered via an online system that is easily shared with friends and family. You also get access to the full resolution images! Every time we look through our photos we find some new detail that makes us smile and laugh. My friends and family all rave about how sweet Aimee and Kian were and how great the photos turned out. We could not have asked for a better photographer. Aimee was professional, peppy, thorough, helpful, a great communicator, and she knows how to capture a beautiful moment.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Roseanna K

Aimee is a wonderfully talented photographer and is the best person to work with on your wedding day as well as the months leading up to the wedding. From my first conversation with Aimee, her positive energy, responsiveness and focus on detail became apparent (and as the bride,... Read More these things are invaluable). Aimee took the time to get to know my husband and I, and was able to capture our relationship beautifully through pictures. She is so fun to be around, and is patient, humorous, very efficient and has a natural way to making you feel confident and calm in front of the camera. I would highly recommend her to anyone, and would book my engagement and wedding pictures with her again in a heart beat.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Molly C

We don't even know where to begin-if we could give Aimee 10 stars, we would do it in a heartbeat. Aimee is the all around BEST. Working with Aimee leading up to the wedding was so easy--she put together our day-of timeline, walked us through the important logistics we hadn't... Read More thought about, gave us several options for first-look photos, and told us where we needed to be and when! On the day of the wedding, working with her was somehow even easier! From the moment she showed up, it felt like we had known her forever. She was calm, patient, funny and kept our nerves at ease-and she was SO efficient. She has all of the qualities you want around you on such a big day. We even had guests comment to us after the wedding on how kind and professional she was. We were already impressed and then we saw her photos (just two weeks after the wedding!!). Breathtakingly beautiful. We never imagined that someone could capture our day so perfectly and we are so truly grateful for her work. If you're looking for a talented, patient, and kind photographer at a great price point--don't look any further. You've already found her. (Thanks for everything, Aimee!!)

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Kathy W

Aimee was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was professional, but also fun and approachable and open to the many questions that I sent via email preceding our engagement! She was fun and engaging during the shoot and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. After we got our... Read More photos back, Aimee was accommodating in making some last minute changes to a couple of the photos that I was not 100% pleased with. In the end the finished product was amazing and we are so happy with our engagement photos. I highly recommend Aimee if you're looking for a fun and easy going experience!

Aimee is the best!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Cindi F

Aimee, I cannot say enough about how much we loved our photos. She traveled all the way to Florida because we love her work so much! She made us feel comfortable and put us at ease throughout the entire session. We also had a lot of laughs and enjoyed working with her. We... Read More received the photos back quickly and she even gave us a sneak peak which we loved. I highly recommend Aimee and hope she can photograph future important life moments for us! Thank you for all of your love and dedication!

Awesome photographer

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Megan R

We had Aimee do our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Our engagement photos were amazing and people are still talking about them. This just made us even more excited for the wedding. Aimee was on point as expected and helped capture the most perfect day. I have only seen... Read More a sneak preview of pictures and The anticipation is killing me to see more. Aimee was organized and prepared for the day which helped give me piece of mind and helped me to be organized on the day of the wedding. She is so outgoing, fun and used to be a camp counselor so she knows how to get large groups of people in order which was great with our large families. I'm pretty sure she slid in at the end of the aisle to capture our exit! We loved Aimee and would recommend her highly to anyone looking for an awesome wedding photographer!