Boutique Wedding Photography & Cinema

AJH Photography is high end wedding photography boutique that serves all of Texas. AJH Photography specializes in candid imagery with a focus on stylized portraiture, and creative lighting. The Reel Movie Co. is a wedding cinema company that provides central Texas with the best video around.

Artistic

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Austin, TX (281) 794-9405

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 T P

Arol is the best! I really mean it: THE BEST from start to finish. He was prepared, told us what to do to take amazing photos, was fun/cool and calm and delivered the images in amazing format too. We leave this delivery box out on purpose for people to ask about it. DO NOT... Read More HESITATE OR LOOK FURTHER AND JUST HIRE (if he's available).

2017-04-26T16:50:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words, Tuan & Kristin! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. Many congrats!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Randi M

We could not have asked for a better wedding day photographer. Arol made us feel very comfortable and captured tons of truly stunning images. Leading up to the event day, he was reachable, patient, and knowledable about our needs. After the wedding, he shared some of our photos... Read More before we even got back from the honeymoon! The full catalog of photos were provided very quickly and we were in LOVE with the quality and coverage. I recommend Arol wholeheartedly. Please, please do yourself a favor and hire this wonderful man!

2016-03-28T20:51:26 Response from the vendor

I truly enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. Your friends and family were very welcoming, and you guys were super fun to photograph. Again, many congrats!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Jackie P

I would hire Arol Horkavy again & again based on the fact that his photos are absolutely incredible & stunning. I can be quite picky with photos & how I look in photos, but Arol 100% satisfied everything I hoped for in our wedding photos!!! Our wedding portraits are AMAZING &... Read More he somehow was able to capture all of the special moments from our entire day. Arol made the whole experience really fun & his candid shots are unreal! We have so many awesome photos of our friends & family laughing with the best facial expressions, dancing & enjoying themselves & he captured such sweet moments between my husband & I without ever making us feel like we had a camera in our face. He made my husband Jol & I feel so comfortable around him & that says a lot because my husband isn’t always eager to have lots of photos taken of himself. When I look through our wedding photos it’s like reliving the day because you can feel the emotion & special experience come through the photos. I placed A LOT of importance & effort into making sure we chose the right wedding photographer & we definitely made the right decision with Arol. We had the very difficult task of planning a Texas wedding while currently living overseas in Australia. Arol went above & beyond helping out with anything I needed. He was always quick to respond to emails (even with the crazy time difference of Texas vs. Australia) & he really put in a lot of effort to get to know Jol & I as a couple & understand what we were looking for with our wedding photos. And he was happy to help recommend other wedding vendors, general wedding tips, & he even helped me find a place to buy sparklers for our grand exit after I realized the day before our wedding that I somehow had forgotten to buy the sparklers! Wedding planning can be SO stressful, but with Arol you can relax & know that you will be very happy with your wedding photos & your experience with your wedding photographer. He's awesome!!! Jackie Platt

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 T P

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Linda N

We found AJH Photography through our venue’s suggestion of photographers. When we saw his work, we immediately knew he would be the one who would capture our special day. We looked at other photographers, doing our due diligence, only to come back to Arol over and over again.... Read More The way he uses lighting was amazing and we wanted our photos to look just as elegant. He was able to capture the essence of our union in a very professional and artistic manner. Every picture told a story designed to allow us to revisit these precious moments. We couldn’t have found a better photographer to document this most special of days.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Jordan A

We found Arol on the preferred vendor list that our venue Vista West gave us. We did a lot of research of photographers in Austin and every time we always came back wanting to pick Arol. He is the most knowledgeable that we spoke to not only about his own profession but... Read More questions we had about wedding planning in general! His pricing is very reasonable especially for the top-notch quality of pictures you get but also because you are also getting a photographer that you can contact any time with any question and he is more than happy to answer it. I found that working with Arol was easy, fun, and stress free. He took the guess work out of everything and also communicated with us when changes needed to be made, etc. The day of the wedding could not have gone better, we owe a lot of that to Arol, he stuck to the schedule and made everything run extremely fast and efficient. He is so kind and makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. We just got back out photos and we are obsessed with every single picture. There isn't one that we didn't love. If you don't hire Arol to photograph your wedding, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Thanks so much Arol!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Melissa L

We found AJH Photography through a couple of friends that recommended Arol for wedding photography. Arol was stealthy, like a photographic ninja, for our wedding. Extremely professional yet somehow manages to mingle in so well with guest that he becomes one of them. His keen eye... Read More for lighting was able to capture the stunning chandeliers and overall beauty of the venue, Brodie Homestead. He was also able to capture the energy, fun, and laughter our special day and brought it to life through his photos. He provided us with a several beautifully crafted and artistically awesome photos to enjoy. Arol was very professional and easy to work with, I would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Hailey E

Arol is the best of the best! He makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, works quickly, and gets angles/uses lighting that make you look awesome! We are so excited to get our wedding photos in a few weeks, and we already know that we are going to have the hardest time... Read More picking our favorites! It is one of the nicest feelings to have on your wedding day to feel relaxed and at ease about the photography. At the end of such a special day, the photos and memories are all that is left to look back on! A great photographer(and videographer) is imperative for an easy going wedding day, and Arol is the guy for the job! :)

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Meghan F

Arol was absolutely amazing! Even before the wedding, with my scatterbrained forgetfulness and my million-and-one questions, he was always helpful and friendly! The day of our wedding, he was the epitome and helpfulness and patience as we attempted to wrangle all of the wedding... Read More party, family members, and other guests for photos. I could not have asked for a better photographer, and we were honored to have him document our big day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Marissa F

My wife and I spent so much time trying to find the perfect photographer for our wedding until we came across Arol's website. After viewing his portfolio, we knew that he was exactly what we were looking for. Living out of town Arol, made the booking process easy and was always... Read More quick to respond to email. The day of our wedding, Arol made sure to not only give his recommendations for the best shots but also ensured we voiced our desires on anything specific we wanted captured. Our pictures came out absolutely amazing. We are so thankful we allowed Arol to capture our special day and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Matt K

My fiance and I chose Arol for our engagement photos and we were thrilled by the results. Arol has a great unique style, gives excellent directions, and has the energy to produce a ton of great photos in a 90 minute session. We loved so many of the photos that we're using them... Read More everywhere (save-the-dates, home portraits, etc.), and we can't recommend him as much as he deserves. You won't be disappointed if you choose him for your wedding or other event.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lauren E

Can't say enough good things about Arol's photos! He photographed our elopement and though it was a quick session, he was able to get an incredible amount of high quality photos that were better than I could have imagined. His use of lighting is what drew me to hire him in the... Read More first place and even with the sun setting fast on us he did not disappoint! He was professional and friendly and made us feel completely at ease. SO happy we found him!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Chad P

Arol is an amazing photographer! He shot both our engagement and wedding photos. I initially contacted him to do our engagement photos and scheduling was super easy. He made the session such an enjoyable experience! He also had some great suggestions for locations, poses,... Read More and all of the smaller details which made the photos come out perfect! After seeing how good they came out, we had to have him for our wedding as well. Arol was very familiar with our venue (VWR), which was nice because he knew all of the cool spots with great lighting and whatnot. All in all, I couldn't be happier with Arol. I know I'll have these pictures for a lifetime, and I have him to thank for making them so beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lacy L

Arol is a phenomenal photographer! My husband and I had a wonderful portrait session with him. He is super easy to work with, and helped two people who normally feel awkward in front of a camera feel very natural. His posing advice was easy to follow, and the images he produced... Read More really speak for themselves. I would definitely book another session with AJH Photography!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lacy L

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

I almost can't find the words to say how pleased we are with Arol and the photos that he captured on our wedding day! On top of having a great personality and easy to be around, he has amazing talent that shows in every picture he took. We had a small wedding, but most... Read More important to me, I wanted some really awesome pictures to remember the day by and I am so happy we chose him as our photographer! He was very easy to work with from start to finish and the pictures were ready exactly when he said they would be. I love the style of his photography and the photos he provided will be cherished for many years to come!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Dara T

Arol took beautiful pictures of our wedding. He made sure to grab us at appropriate times to get fantastic shots but also knew when to stay behind the scenes. He was also very professional, answering emails quickly. We’re very happy with the end result.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Erin B

Having Arol as our photographer was one of the best vendor choice we made! We absolutely love our photos and he made the process so easy and relaxed from beginning to end. My husband and I have been in lots of weddings and experienced bossy, barking photographers with bad... Read More communication skills, but Arol is none of these! He was wonderful to work with and we are so happy with the end result as well!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Gina M

Arol is an amazing wedding photographer. He is professional, punctual and has a nice personality. From the bridal to the groom's first glance to the kiss, he covered every aspect of our wedding with poise. The photos he took are so beautiful. We have countless of options to... Read More choose from to hang above the mantel. I work in a fine arts gallery and my standards and expectations are high. I absolutely recommend him.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kimberly G

We absolutely loved working with Arol! He has a great personality and is very easy to work with. My husband and I are not naturals in front of the camera so having Arol expertly guide us along the way was a huge help. We met Arol at a venue open house. There were about 5... Read More photographers all set up there along with other vendors. None of the photographer displays caught my eye at all until we were on our way out and saw Arol's work. From then on I was dead set that he had to be our photographer. There were other things that I worried about the day of our wedding (like the late florist), but never once did I worry about my pictures. You will NOT be disappointed if you pick Arol!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

Brilliant, meticulous, accomplished, and personable. These are honest words that describe Arol Horkavy, owner and lead photographer, with AJH Photography in Austin, Texas. On our wedding day at Chapel Dulcinea, he captured moments in time that will be cherished and shared... Read More forever. He did a fabulous job narrating our special day. We are truly grateful for you and your impressive photos. Arol, we highly recommend you to family, friends, and anyone else who may be searching for your talent. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Take Care & Good Luck, Daniel & Melissa Sanchez April 2016

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Lucía R

Arol is a phenomenal artist. My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to choose him as our wedding photographer! The photos he took were absolutely stunning...WOW!! The creativity, design and the shots he took exceeded our expectations, even more important, the... Read More photos really captured the spirit of our special day. On top of all of that, Arol was absolutely incredible to work with. Arol is so professional, friendly, very reliable and very easy to work with. He made us all feel at ease, and created a very relaxed environment. Half the time we didn't even realize he was taking photos. He caught amazing photos and really captured the emotions throughout the day. Thank you, Arol, for giving us such an incredible gift...pictures that we will truly cherish forever! I would recommend Arol to anyone, you will be so impressed with his services, I guarantee it. We could not have asked for a better photographer that is for sure!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Josh C

Arol is amazing! His work is phenomenal and he made us feel comfortable. He has a great personality and the pictures came out better than we ever expected. Arol is easy going and genuinely loves what he does. He was great to work with, very thorough, & makes everything easy.... Read More HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2016-04-30T23:45:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for trusting me with your wedding day photography. You were wonderful to work with, and I am very happy to hear that you love the images. Again, many congrats to you both!

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Kimberly z

Arol photographed our wedding in March 2016 at Camp Lucy and he did an outstanding job. We really didn't want to sacrifice much time enjoying our friends and family so we asked him to make portraits and family photos pretty quick, and he did that and still managed to get... Read More beautiful shots, and we didn't feel like we or our family/bridal party were missing out. Every single aspect and area of the photography turned out great. We really wanted to have an incredibly fun wedding in a beautiful place, and Arol captured both of those perfectly for us.

2016-04-20T10:21:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I truly enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. Many congrats to you both!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Arol did a fantastic job of listening to our needs and concerns as well as suggesting additional options. We immediately felt comfortable with him and were very impressed with how quickly he finished our photographs. We loved his use of light and how he showcased our venue.

Arol Horkavy

I am a career wedding photographer located in Austin, TX. I have a lovely wife named Kim, two boys (Miles & Porter) and a Boston terrier named Olive :)