Alan Larsen Films

Serving Los Angeles & willing to travel

Personal and Elegant Wedding Cinematography

We strive to capture your special memories on video. Our unique style is unparalleled. Trained at the most prestigious film schools in the world, our crew are award-winning and motivated storytellers. Let us tell your story and give you something that lasts a lifetime!

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Los Angeles, CA Serving Los Angeles & willing to travel (323) 813-1181
INSTAGRAM

The best in the business!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Kelley C

I cannot even begin to say how wonderful Alan and his team are. They provided spectacular service from leading up to the wedding itself, to the on-site service, to the follow-up. Leah, his assistant was in touch with us about every little detail. Although we live in LA, our... Read More wedding was a destination wedding in Maine, and Alan and Katrina traveled from LA to Kennebunkport Maine to capture our wedding. The B-Roll was to die for. It truly captured the essence of the small, nautical town that we were married in. They put together the most jaw-dropping highlight real, and ceremony coverage. Better yet, we got to keep all their raw footage, so we can watch it in years to come, all the speeches, toasts, special moments, moments we may have missed, etc. Alan and his team have provided us with something we will treasure for so many years to come. Hiring them was without a doubt the best decision we made in our wedding.

Alan Larsen Films

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Krista R

Words cannot adequately describe the amazing experience we shared or the gratitude we feel for Alan Larsen and his team, but we will try! Cinematography was at the top of our list, and leading up to our wedding, we spent about an hour every night for about 2 months reviewing... Read More cinematographers in and out of our state. I had come across Alan’s work and was SHOCKED when a video of complete strangers had me in tears within minutes. His ability to capture a love story in such a brilliant, artistic, and creative way put an end to our crazy internet search and solidified that he was the ONE we wanted to share our special day with. Out of all the vendors we worked with, we are most impressed with his team’s responsiveness and attention to detail. Leah C., his coordinator, was easy to access via phone/text/e-mail, and she quickly answered our questions and concerns during the process. She made the experience EASY, a big bonus for brides :) About 6 weeks to my wedding date, I had an opportunity to sit down with Alan, and it was incredible how comfortable he made me feel. He was beyond helpful and provided me with recommendations on lighting, ceremony positioning and much more. On the day of our wedding, Alan and his assistant Chelsea felt like a part of the family. They were so fun, kind, and respectful—all qualities we love! If the wedding film wasn’t our #1 need, we would have pulled a chair and table for them to join us as our guests. They are wonderful people to have around you on your big day. A little more about the talented Alan Larsen—he exceeded our expectations during and after our wedding day. He stepped in when our wedding coordinator went missing, and he helped organize our guests for our bubble send off. We received our film while on our honeymoon, and we were blown away by the quality and detail that he put into it. We received so many messages and phone calls from vendors, families, and friends raving about how beautifully done the video was. I could go on and on listing off all the reasons why you should hire Alan Larsen for your big day, but the product speaks for itself. You need to check out his website and enjoy all of his amazing films; I am confident that you will be impressed. If you’re on the fence about getting a cinematographer, I recommend that you go for it. It’s one of the only things at your wedding that you will be able to cherish forever. The favors will go, the flowers will wilt, the dress will likely sit in a box in your closet, but Alan Larsen’s wedding film will allow you to relive one of the best days of your life over and over again. I highly recommend that you look no further and book him today!

Worth it!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 melary b

I was not convinced I needed a videographer at my wedding but we had a lot of family from overseas who could not attend and my husband insisted on it. I was completely wrong... not only did we need it, but I would have been crushed if we didn't have it. It turned out better than... Read More I ever imagined and Alan was so kind and thoughtful, easy to work with and Leah his coordinator is a gem. I can't say enough kind words about not only their professionalism but what a wonderful gift it is to have memories preserved in such a tasteful way. I know it will be a treasure we look at annually. Thanks Alan & Leah!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Marshall F

Our experience could not have been better. From the video chat consultation to best align our vision for our wedding to the wedding itself and the speedy turnaround on the wedding highlight video itself, I've been extremely impressed. My best way to quickly summarize this... Read More experience is professional, personal, engaging and extremely enjoyable. Overall we had a blast working with Alan and his team and would recommend them to any of our friends that place on tying to knot!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Tram D

I apologize that this review is long overdue. It wasn't difficult for me to decide on Alan Larsen Films for our wedding videographer for 9.4.16. Two of my best friends had ALF film their weddings and I trust them 100%. ALF did not disappoint! Drew Wyman was our person of contact... Read More throughout the entire process. He was very professional, prompt and thorough. He set us up on video conference prior to our big day to speak with Alan, Katrina and himself to iron out the details. It went smoothly, and I love that everyone was professional, but also very flexible and understanding. We provided little direction with just the note that my husband (fiance, at the time) were very easy-going and flexible people. On our wedding day, Katrina and Lanly arrived on time and did their thing. They were accommodating, friendly and just very easy to work with. What I remember most was how stealth they were throughout the ceremony and reception. What Alan Larsen Films produced was beyond our expectations! We love the highlight video and have watched it over two dozen times! The whole saying, "you get what you pay for" really applies. Pricing may have been out of our budget, but if you're asking professionals to capture your big day, you need to pay more for quality work and ALF definitely delivered. ALF requested our song list and incorporated the songs with the speeches to make our video flow and transition nicely. We look forward to sharing our wedding memories with our future children and grandchildren, a memory that can be relived each time we watch our video. Thank you Alan Larsen Films and your exceptional team!

2017-02-22T14:37:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tram!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Marie K

Alan Larsen Films captured our wedding beautifully. Our highlight video is truly mesmerising and the perfect way to remember our wedding. There are so many great things to say about the quality of the work - clear imagery and sound, great choice of music and sophisticated... Read More editing. There were many candid moments captured and I loved that I wasn't aware I was being filmed. I would definitely recommend Alan Larsen Films for anyone looking for exceptional wedding videography.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Samantha L

Alan and his team were really exceptional to work with. I was in touch with Drew frequently before the wedding, and as I'm not too tech savvy, he was always there to help. The day of the wedding, I didn't even realize that Alan and his team were there, but the footage that they... Read More captured really brought the essence of our day to life, especially as we saw it in our eyes. Our highlight video is perfect - even my husband is showing it to everyone he meets. They are incredibly professional and easy-going, which is always an amazing quality during the inevitable stress of a wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Lauren M

Alan and Drew filmed our wedding day and we don't have enough good things to say! They are so fun to work with and captured our day so beautifully. When I received our wedding highlight, my husband was traveling so I needed to refrain from watching until he returned home. It was... Read More very difficult but well worth the wait. We loved reliving our special day and watched our video over and over again! I highly recommend Alan Larsen Films!

2016-12-15T12:39:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Lauren!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Shayna Z

I hunted for my wedding videographer... I hunted through many, many, MANY videos of people who got married that I didn't know. I went through so many videos, I went from "awww they're so adorable" to "OMG WHY ARE THE SAME 3 SONGS IN EVERY VIDEO?! I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"... Read More I went through good videographers that charge WAY too much money, and bad videographers who still charge way too much money... I went through arrogant videographers who didn't want to speak to me, to forgetful (possibly newer) videographers... And then there was Alan Larsen Films... Alan and his team are AMAZING. Seriously. I didn't even know they were there most of the time, and when they were there, they were hilariously funny and knew exactly what to do to distract me from the camera lens in my face. They were responsive when I emailed them with questions and great at giving gentle reminders when I had 309475938 things on my mind and forgot about something for them. And their videos... they're incredible. OH, AND HE GOT ALL OF OUR VIDEOS BACK TO US 3 WEEKS AFTER THE WEDDING. Frigging incredible. Well worth the money. Trust me. Trust me trust me trust me. Alan Larsen Films was the best choice. I know. I probably watched 400 wedding videos to get to Alan Larsen. They rock. Choose them. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Ani F

If you need a videographer for your wedding or any special event Alan Larsen Films is the way to go. My husband and I were originally not going to have a videographer for our wedding because we didn't want anyone in our faces as we were trying to enjoy our wedding day. We are... Read More used to going to weddings and seeing annoying vidographers but Alan and his crew are absolutely amazing and are the complete opposite. They are like flies on a wall and are so polite and kind. Everyone was telling us that we were going to regret not getting a videographer so we changed our minds last minute and we are so glad we did. Our wedding planner recommended Alan Larsen Films and we booked them a few days before the wedding. Because we were pressed for time we did a quick video chat and Alan and Drew got to know us and what we wanted before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Alan and Andrew were so accommodating. We had a hotel suite full of girls getting ready and they were completely out of the way and knew what to do and when to do it. They also worked really well with our photographer and followed them closely to get all the footage for the highlight video. They did such a phenomenal job capturing important moments for us and we were so happy to be able to re-live them again. Also really important their work turn around is super fast. We got married in the middle of October and got our highlight video exactly 1 month after and we were able to make changes after seeing our video to get exactly what we wanted. We have already shown the video to a few friends and family and they are just amazed on how beautiful it is and the quality of the work. I am a huge Disney fan and all my friends thought the highlight video had the Disney charm and reminded them of a sweet Disney movie. We are so thankful to have had the chance to work with such great people and we are very happy with how the highlight video turned out. They are truly the best!

2016-11-21T14:40:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Ani!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Lauren C

Alan Larsen Films was a wonderful company to work with for our wedding. They were professional, supportive, and so easy to work with. The highlight video we received was so spectacular, and captured all of the key pieces of our wedding day so perfectly. We almost decided to just... Read More get the raw footage, but I am SO glad that we did the highlight too. Alan and Drew were so nice and answered all of my questions promptly and professionally. I couldn't recommend them enough. Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Melissa B

We were on the fence about hiring a videographer for our wedding but can confidently say it was one of the best things we did. Alan, Drew and the team were great to work with and did an amazing job capturing all of the details and spirit of our wedding day and of us as a couple.... Read More We have received so many compliments on our highlight video in particular. We are so glad we chose to work with them and are so grateful that we'll have these memories for years to come!

2016-10-20T14:25:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Melissa!! We had such an amazing time!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 A C

The first time I saw some of the Alan Larsen Films online, I was blown away. The video that his team did for our wedding was just as spectacular as the ones I'd seen, and I'm so glad we found out about them! Their crew was very friendly and easy to work with, capturing some... Read More stunning footage along the way. I highly recommend them!!

2016-09-19T11:12:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Ashley! The team had so much fun working with you and your family!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Garrett N

Drew and his team did an amazing job at our wedding reception. They were helpful and professional at the event itself, and the highlight video they prepared was excellent -- it was exactly what we wanted and much better than we expected. We have shown it to so many people!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Brianne B

The best money we spent for our wedding! Besides the fact that the team is wonderful to work with, they were able to capture the raw emotion and all of the most important moments of our day on film. If you're hoping for quality footage, with creative angles, and personable... Read More crew, I highly recommend Alan Larsen Films!

2016-06-29T19:00:37 Response from the vendor

Very kind words, Brianne, thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Erin D

Alan Larsen Films was the videographer for my sister and brother in law's wedding and I knew as soon as I saw their highlight video that I had to have them do mine. 3 years later (when it was actually my turn to do the wedding planning), I booked Alan as soon as I booked our... Read More venue. Our highlight video is honestly the best wedding gift ever. We had some family members who were unable to attend and being able to show them our full ceremony coverage and fantastic highlight reel was so great. Alan, Drew and the rest of the crew were absolutely professional, creative and exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Diana B

Where do I even begin? There is too many amazing things to say about Alan Larsen Films. Alan Larsen Films is a must for your wedding! They are not only incredible to work with, professional, kindhearted, fun to be around but they are TRUE ARTISTS. They captured moments so... Read More precious and ones we will look back on forever. We are very grateful to the Alan Larsen team for all their hard work and unmeasurable talent. Truly, Alan Larsen Films is without a doubt the most amazing videographers in the business.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Gerrall T

Simply amazing. Their reception videos are top notch. Caught all the highlights and a great short video to remember our wedding day by.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Elizabeth S

This team is so above and beyond the competition. Alan a master of creating cinematic experiences, and he knows exactly how to shoot and edit weddings to make them as meaningful as possible. If you're looking for a wedding videographer, drop any other possible candidates and... Read More hire Alan Larsen Films!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Benjamin S

There aren't enough amazing things I can say about Alan Larsen and his team. I was searching for a videographer a few months before our wedding and like any couple, my husband and I wanted to stay within our budget without compromising quality. I came across Alan Larsen Films on... Read More Yelp and immediately noticed their glowing reviews. I watched a few of their videos, reached out via email, and was able to book them for our big day. A few weeks before our wedding, we had a Skype meeting with him and Leah (their production coordinator), laid out our schedule and bounced around some video ideas as well. It was a great way to meet them face-to-face and to also get a sense of what to expect for our video. On our wedding day, Alan and his second shooter, Andrew, arrived promptly and got to work right away. The day-of can be very chaotic, but they captured our wedding like ninjas! Seriously -- they blended into the background and just worked their magic. We received our highlight video yesterday and we are absolutely blown away. We've watched it over and over and honestly, we couldn't have asked for a better way to capture the best day of our lives. The way he weaves the music with the wedding highlights is truly phenomenal. We are over the moon with our decision to go with Alan and his team. Worth EVERY penny! We can't wait to relive our wedding day through our beautifully crafted video. I highly recommend choosing Alan Larsen Films to capture your wedding day. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Alan and his assistant was very prompt and professional. Everyone loved his work. It's been over 2 months now and my mom still watches it daily. I can't express how pleased I am with his work and service. His recording is very steady, sharp, and clear. I requested to make... Read More a few adjustments to the highlights and within hours it was completed. I highly recommend Alan Larsen Films. If I could redo this day over again, I would hire him in a heart beat.

2015-11-02T21:45:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kim!! That's so sweet that your mom watches it every day :)

High Quality, Attention to Detail, Vision! They Have it All!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We feel so fortunate to have found Alan Larsen Films. Katrina and Alan were our videographers and they truly did an amazing job! We loved every minute of our wedding video, so much that we've lost count of how many times we've watched it. They captured many wonderful memories... Read More and we're grateful that we'll now get to relive all of them through the beautiful film they created. We also received excellent service along the way. Leah, their Production Coordinator, was an absolute pleasure. She answered all of our questions in a timely manner, was extremely nice, thorough, and professional! We have received so many compliments from friends and family about how impressed they are with our video and how it brought them tears of joy. We couldn't have asked for more. We highly recommend ALF! Simply take a look at their work, it speaks volumes! Thanks again, Alan, Katrina, and Leah! You guys are awesome!!! - Jackie & Adam

Always Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jamie D

I have been friends with Alan for a very long time. We attended USC together and I knew he was the one videographer I would hire for my wedding. He did not disappoint. He was professional, showed up on time, got all the perfect shots and put together a beautiful highlight reel... Read More that that I can't stop watching. I would hire him again and again and would recommend him to every bride-to-be! He deserves to be best of The Knot.

We Love Alan Larsen Films!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Michelle K

My hubby and I made the wonderful choice of picking Alan for our wedding videography. We couldn't be happier with our choice. Alan and his team were very professional and helpful from our first meeting through the delivery of our videos. During our wedding day Alan was... Read More wonderful. He captured all of our beautiful moments and we're so excited that we'll be able to see these again for years to come. If there is one thing I'd recommend for a wedding, it's a videographer. Our wedding day flew by, and our video allowed us to go back, re-live it and see things we missed on our day. One of the best decisions I made was hiring Alan's services. You won't regret it!

Reliving the memory is priceless

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Flora N

We had originally decided against a formal wedding video, opting instead to document more with pictures. But when we saw examples of what Alan and his team could provide, there was no way we could do without. The simplicity of the shots with the elegance of the style truly... Read More make the difference between a wedding "film" and a "video." They were thorough through the initial contact, professional in the planning phases, and friendly during all the stress of the day. We were so excited to work with them, that we were sad to see them leave at the end of the night. The memories they have given us will bring smiles and tears to our eyes forever and we're grateful for that.

2015-10-20T15:51:19 Response from the vendor

Aw! Flora, thank you so much for the kind words. We were sad to leave at the end of the night too!