Alex Kaplan Photo - Video - Photo Booth Specialists

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Serving, NYC, NJ, CT, PA, NJ

Wonderful Wedding Videography!

Reviewed on 3/23/2014 Kate A

We contacted Alex Kaplan for our wedding videography. They worked great with us to make sure we had a package that fit our needs as well as our budget. Throughout the ceremony and reception they were extremely professional and nonintrusive. They worked great with our photographers and all of our vendors. They captured all of the amazing moments and put it into a video we will be able to watch and enjoy forever! We highly recommend using Alex Kaplan for videography and we will be giving their name to anyone we know getting married! Thank you for capturing our memories!

2014-09-29T13:28:24 Response from , the member

I am looking into using them how much was the videography?

Great Service

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 Ariel L

Alex Kaplan and his team did a great job on my wedding photos and video. We paid in advance for a slightly better rate which made my husband nervous, but Alex showed up and did an amazing job. The wedding was in New York and in between the ceremony and reception my bridal party, husband and I walked to Lincoln Center with Alex and his crew taking pictures the entire time. I can honestly say that over the course of a wonderful day that hour was the most fun part of the wedding. In the end, Alex sent us a cd with over 900 photos and more than 1000 outtakes, some of which were quite good. The video came a few weeks later and was fun to watch as well. I would recommend Alex Kaplan to anyone who would like great wedding photos for a reasonable price.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 rachael g

Our friend had gotten married right around the time we were looking for a photographer and she INSISTED we call Alex. We went to meet with him and were instantly impressed by his beautiful pictures. His warm and friendly demeanor was also a sure sign he was the photographer for us. Our wedding pictures came out absolutely wonderful. The pictures of my husband and me are gorgeous! I can't wait to hang up prints!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Lindsay K

Alex and his staff could not have been more wonderful, courteous, and professional through our entire wedding process, from engagement pictures to receiving our pictures (which arrived exactly when Alex said they would!). We used Alex for photography, videography, and photo booth (the hit of our wedding!) and he and his staff were wonderful. They were completely unobtrusive (we got our pictures back and realized we had no memory of them being at the chuppah- they are photo ninjas!) but still managed to get gorgeous shots and reaction shots of our wedding. Alex Kaplan Photography was unbelievable value for unbelievable quality and I would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 5/21/2015

I highly recommend Alex Kaplan Photography. I was so impressed by their professionalism and affordability. The photos are absolutely beautiful. I couldn't be more excited about them. Our photographer (Jasmin) was amazing. She was never in the way. She had great ideas for photos and made sure she got the special shot that I wanted too. I'm so glad I booked this company. Thank you!!!

Dissappointing

Reviewed on 4/06/2015 Kiera G

I was prepared and eager to use this photographer after "alltherave"...unfortunately it never left the ground...as a bride to be I am searching for quality and value...this photographer was OK with immediate contact because the package was somewhat reasonable... The down payment was unclear,so I made a small payment, which he was not that he received so I had to forward my receipt to him and get never to book my day and he suddenly changed terms in an email...because I have too much stuff on my plate I sought other options and asked for a refund....he kindly responded with a NO...need to do better πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

2015-04-07T10:31:59 Response from the vendor

I am prepared to do absolutely everything I can to help each bride and groom and offer them a great photography and video package as well as very lenient with payment options. This client requested the following payment plan and I agreed .... > 12/21/14... Read Less Read More

Perfect

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Lisa Z

Alex was fantastic for our January Wedding he was a gentleman, punctual, professional and just a super nice guy. He and his staff got our pictures to us very fast and they came out beautifully. I will hire him again when I need professional pictures taken. We did not have to sacrifice quality.

Alex Kaplan Is The BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Arcelis D

A very special shout out to my photographer, Alex Kaplan, you were a pleasure to work with, he was very responsive, professional, and amazing and capture all the beautiful moments. I really can't thank you enough, Alex. Thank you so much! I definitely recommend Alex Kaplan!

Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jenn S

My husband and I used Alex and his team for our photography/video/photobooth for our wedding in September 2014. I cannot express enough how amazing they all were to work with. His team was super professional, organized, and truly integrated themselves into the day seamlessly. The photos came out beautifully and very quickly after the day were emailed over to us. Alex also worked with us on our engagement shoot which was so much fun! We really feel like he was an awesome friend that just happens to take professional photos :) I can't recommend him enough, his prices are VERY reasonable and the service was unmatched! I already have one of my best friends booking him for her wedding in March so act fast! -Jenn and Dan Schwartzberg

Reliable and Accommodating

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Elizabeth S

I contacted Alex who promptly invited my fiancΓ© and me to meet with him. He listened patiently to my questions. His detailed answers helped to make the wedding day a total success. He worked with my budget to help make all of my dreams come true. The photographs are beautiful and capture moments my husband and I never even noticed. We also used the Photo Booth and videographer. The Photo Booth was a hit at the wedding and the guest book we were left with is a treasure of the festivities while the guests loved their keepsakes too! When Alex's team arrived at the two different locations prior to the ceremony, they were a pleasure to work with. They noticed extended family members at one of the locations and pictured them with no questions asked. The photographer at my house was kind and courteous as were the other members of the team, holding my train and assisting me as I walked to the various locations. It was wonderful to work with such a punctual staff who all met us at the church. Working with us at the photo location prior to the reception was wonderful as the entire team collaboratively assembled all of our family members in order to get some fantastic family portraits. Alex's team even accommodated our three family dogs who came dressed in lavender bow ties. The pictures of our pets are some of the most treasured photos we now have. I would not hesitate to use Alex and his team for any major event!

So glad I chose them!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Vanessa L

Alex Kaplan and his team did an amazing job on our wedding. His team arrived on time at the two requested designated locations to start the day. They were patient and courteous with our wedding party, which was very large. We also used Alex Kaplan for videography as well as a photo booth. The photo booth was a great decision. The guests loved it and we received an album of the photo booth photos the same night! The pictures came out beautifully and the photographers really captured everything from preparation, to the ceremony, cocktail hour & reception. Our guests also complimented the photography/videography team about their communication with one another and how they did not to interfere or interrupt anyone while doing their jobs. I’m really glad we went with Alex Kaplan Photography, a lot of things were not perfect that day, but they came pretty close to it. Thanks a lot guys. TRUE PROFESSIONALS!

Alex is Amazing

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Rachel Z

We contacted Alex on a Friday, late at night, after a disastrous encounter with a recommended photographer. I was immediately hooked because Alex not only answered the phone on a Friday night, but spoke with me for an extensive period of time and was highly professional. Not only this, but since my now husband and I could not drive over to meet Alex he agreed to Skype with us. We throughly appreciated his work ethic both before our wedding, at our wedding, and all the communication we have had thereafter. As we were getting ready for our wedding, the photographers and videographers arrived and began documenting our special occasion; we hardly knew that they were there. After seeing the weather report for our wedding day, Alex was very flexible in helping us change the location of our formal photos so that we could ensure the weather would not impact our photographs. Our formal photos were fun, easy, and turned out great. Alex and his team were like ninjas at our ceremony and we were shocked when we saw their pictures, neither myself nor Dave can recall them being there because they made sure to stand in key locations and not interfere with the event. Lastly, our candid shots, including the photo booth, are amazing and capture the spirit of our wedding. We highly recommend Alex and his staff.

Very Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Jennafir A

I was so happy with the photo booth service! The booth was a huge hit and there was a crazy line the entire time that the booth was there. The attendants had a great sense of humor, and I loved the photo book that they made for us. I would definitely recommend Alex Kaplan!

Great Work!

Reviewed on 8/16/2014

What I like in a photographer is the ability to be there, but not be noticed. Our photographers from Alex Kaplan Photography arrived early and introduced themselves. They were present when they needed to be and faded into the background when the time came. The quality of the photos are also fantastic! My mom, still nearly a month after the wedding, still calls me to say how much she loves then and is preparing to buy basically all of them as prints. A+, highly recommended.

Great Photography Team!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Catherine H

We found Alex Kaplan online through google search and different wedding websites. I did not receive a "word of mouth" recommendation but PLEASE consider this a "word of mouth" recommendation. Alex Kaplan and his team are AWESOME!!! The important things I wanted in our wedding photographer were an awesome photo booth and photographers/videographers who were not annoying, overwhelming, in your face and rude (Like I've experienced at other weddings). Alex Kaplan's team was none of those things and actually they were funny, fun, kind, understanding and nice! The team working with us were Jackie, Tracy, Mo & Mike. They came right on time and did not pressure us to do weird photos or make any of us feel uncomfortable. They were very understanding with me adding photos during the day/night (like wait! I need a photo with this cousin etc...) We received our web album a little after 2 weeks after our wedding! This is very fast! The Photo Lounge was PERFECT!! The props were awesome and everyone had so much fun in the lounge. I love that they provide a book with all the photos of the guests and a message from those who chose to write. I feel like this review does not give justice to the experience we had with Alex Kaplan and his team. Since the first time that we Skyped, Alex made us feel comfortable. He was always very prompt at responded no matter what time of the day it was. We are overwhelmingly satisfied with how the day went and with the results of the photographs!

Alex and his team are amazing

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Samantha M

Alex and his team provided photography and videography for our wedding this summer. Weddings can be very stressful, and our photographers made that part of our day absolutely stress free. They were very punctual and were ready to help us capture every special moment. We had a problem with where our first look pictures would take place, and the two photographers and videographer all communicated and coordinated to make sure my future husband did not see me before it was time. They captured absolutely beautiful moments throughout the day, and we cannot thank them enough. And yes, all the reviews about them being the most affordable group are absolutely true! We were able to hire two photographers and a videographer and it was totally worth it. Stop looking for other wedding photographers and just email Alex. Thank you for everything, Alex and team!!

Great memories

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Keri M

Alex Kaplan and his team are wonderful to work with and the pictures and video are amazing. He was able to get the great shots of people simply having fun and those are the best ones! He made sure we got all of the shots we wanted. My husband and I decided to get the photo booth as well and that was a hit! Alex also provides a photo booth attendant to help guest with the scrapbook. Very professional and nice. Alex and his team really captured our special day.

Great team

Reviewed on 8/03/2014

Very professional and courteous. Prices were very competitive. Photographers showed up on time, took great pictures, and overall made the experience very seamless. Highly recommend to anyone!

Wedding Photography & Videography

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Nicole H

We are very impressed with Alex and his team! From the moment we contacted them, they were professional and accommodating. During our wedding, they were right on task to capture all of our memorable moments. They worked so efficiently behind the scenes that we often forgot they were there. We received quality pictures quickly after our special day and could not be happier with them. We highly recommend Alex and his team for any event! -Damon & Nicole DeSio Wedding Date: 6/21/14

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 7/05/2014

Alex's service was truly wonderful. We had two incredibly talented photographers along with a great videographer. They provided a stress-free experience. The crew was very accommodating. I highly recommend using Alex's services.

Block Island Wedding

Reviewed on 7/02/2014

My wife and I definitely recommend Alex Kaplan for any wedding. He and his partner Julian are the real deal! We married on Block Island 6/28/2014. This is a destination wedding. Thanks to Alex's professionalism, creativity, and expertise we have wedding photos to last a lifetime. Firstly, since Block Island is a destination wedding it can be logistically very difficult...but not for Alex. He was able to arrange his hotel and transport without a hitch and without headache. Second, Alex made great use of the venue - getting photos of people w/ all the unique backgrounds that bring out the character of the Island - beach, architecture, ocean. Finally, Alex was over $2000 cheaper than most of the photographers who work that Island regularly. We paid cash - so we definitely got a great deal. One of my favorite moments with him was when I asked him how he liked the island as his backdrop. He said with a smile, "It's almost overwhelming." Our photos say different.

Beautiful Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Yi Z

Alex Kaplan Photography helped make our wedding experience as amazing and wonderful as it was. They are extremely professional on both the engagement shoot and wedding day. They were flexible with anything we wanted to do, helpful with coming up with ideas for various photo opportunities, and very actively engaged with capturing the guests and us without being obstructive during the ceremony and reception. The final pictures came out beautifully, and we are extremely thankful for everything they have done.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Amanda W

Alex and his team were amazing to work with. I started looking for photographers while deployed in Afghanistan. Alex worked with me while i was deployed, through 3 dates changes and two different venues as well. He answered and every question I had and was quick and thorough. The day of the wedding, the photographers showed up on time, were unobtrusive, were professional and took every photo that I asked them too and more. The webalbum was up very quickly and I received the DVD of pictures as well as video within 2 weeks. I would recommend Alex and his team to anyone looking for a well priced and amazing quality photographer for their wedding! 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!

Awesome - best quality for a ridiculously good price!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Kathleen M

We chose Alex Kaplan as our wedding photographer since we wanted a company that was reasonably priced but had great reviews citing the quality of their work. Was hard to believe that they really could be THIS good for the money we spent (VERY reasonable compared to others we researched). Believe the hype! We hired two of Alex's assistants who showed up exactly on time, got right to work on all of the "still shots" for the wedding, and were quick and thorough in covering our day. They covered all of the big ticket photography items for the day and were also fun and relaxed enough to take all of the "weird" group requests in stride. During the ceremony and reception, they were practically invisible to us but somehow managed to capture every big moment. The pictures are beautiful and we can't stop looking at them days after the album was completed. Thanks for everything! We highly recommend booking this group for your wedding!

Perfect Wedding Video

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Danielle

We hired Alex and his team to do our videography and photo booth for our wedding. For us, a video was low on the priority list so we weren't looking for anything fancy - the video we got was better than we could have imagined. The video team was very profession during the wedding and did a great job getting footage while staying out of the way (we didn't know they were even there most of the time). The photo booth was a big hit with our guests as well and we got a scrapbook of all pictures taken that night which was another great piece for us to remember our special day.

TO Alex Kaplan Photo - Video - Photo Booth Specialists