Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Jacksonville, FL

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Alex M

Alex was amazing!! She made the whole process so easy and natural! We are head over heels in love with our photos :) and can't wait to use her for future photographs!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Noelle P

Where do I begin! Alex is absolutely amazing. I followed her for years and I would always say when I get engaged, married and have babies I would want her to do my photos. Well the day came in February 2015 and I got engaged and the first thing I did was contact Alex. With her... Read More bright and bubbly personality she quickly responded and in May 2015 she took the most amazing engagement photos of my fiancé and I not knowing that the area she capture our photos was the area my fiancé and I meet for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a more professional, fun, smart, beautiful and witty person to capture that moment for us. She is a true talent to photography and blessing to many of us (clients). Bryan and I love you so much Alex and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jordan B

Where do I even start? I had a destination wedding and found Alex through my wedding planner. I was nervous planning my wedding strictly through emails and reccommadtions, but I feel in love with Alex during our first phone call. She is so down to earth and friendly. We just... Read More clicked. A week before the wedding we talked on the phone and I told her a few shots I wanted and she was thrilled to do them. She showed up on my wedding day and it felt like we had been friends forever. She is a ball of energy and I love that! She captured our wedding day perfectly. She exceeded my dreams and I have amazingly beautiful photos to look back at. I am able to relive that day over and over because she didn't miss a beat. She captured my vision perfectly! I couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out. She is able to tell a beautiful story behind her lens. She is extremely professional, fair, and hard working. We had our pictures back way sooner than I thought, too. I highly recommend her! I only wish this sweet soul was in Dallas!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Brittany W

Alex is absolutely amazing & incredibly talented! We couldn't recommend her more. From the moment I saw her work I knew I would love to have her shoot my wedding one day. Once that day became a reality, she was first on our list. From the moment we met Alex, we felt like we had... Read More known her forever. She's so down to earth and has a way of making you feel relaxed in front of the camera. We absolutely love our photos and will definitely be working with Alex again!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Brittany W

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Alex was amazing! All my pictures turned out absolutely beautiful! Would hire her for any photo sessions

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Milbrey W

Alex was amazing! I highly recommend her without a doubt no matter what type of wedding you plan on having! I actually knew I wanted Alex as our photographer from day one without any hesitations and was beyond our expectations. She is very professional, easy going and has such a... Read More positive spirit! Especially during such a busy and crazy day she helps keep things calm and easy. My family loved her, my groom, the kids were wonderful in front of the camera with her and she caught every shot we needed and wanted to get!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Alex was so sweet and very attentative to my needs. The photographs came out beautifully.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Ashley T

Alex was highly recommended to me by someone who is very involved in the wedding industry. She is super talented and easy to work with. I was so thankful that I didn't need to stress on my wedding day because Alex is organized and great at her job. My husband and I were happy to... Read More hear that she excels in "quality over quantity." We are not the type to be taking pictures for hours. We have beautiful wedding photos to remember our special day forever! Thanks Alex! We are forever greatful!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Hannah H

Alex is AMAZING!! I cannot say it enough. She is professional, hilarious, and so incredibly talented. She made me feel so comfortable on my wedding day that I was hardly even nervous. Alex and her assistant were able to work with me on a very tight schedule and rocked it! She... Read More knows exactly how to position people to get the best shots. I am in love with my photos and just can't get enough of them. She is well worth the money, because you are definitely paying for superior skill, experience, and photos.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Paige P

Alex was wonderful to work with from the first time we met! She immediately made my fiancee and me feel comfortable during our first interaction at our engagement photo session. She's very friendly and has a way of bringing out personalities that really show through the... Read More photographs. Thank you Alex!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Ali H

So far we have only had the pleasure of working with Alex for our engagement photos, but we are anxiously awaiting when she will capture our big day. She is truly amazing at what she does and I couldn't have been happier with my pictures. The way she incorporates light is... Read More beautiful and she does such a great job at instructing you that your poses are very natural. The amount of likes/comments/compliments I received on my photos reaffirmed that they were exceptional and I could not be more thankful! Do yourself a favor and invest in Alex, she will far exceed your expectations.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Alisa T

My wedding was in St. Augustine and at the time time I was living in Tampa. When I came across Alex's work I knew she had to shoot my wedding. She is such a talented photographer and truly has an eye for capturing in the moment magic! She uses natural light and minimal editing,... Read More which makes the pictures look timeless. Aside from her amazing skills behind the camera, she is fabulous to work with! She is super easy to get in touch with and answered all of my questions really promptly. We had a great time shooting - she kept us laughing and made the whole process effortless! Can't say enough about how glad I am to have found her for our wedding!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Comelia B

I have been following Alex Michelle Photography for years. I was thrilled when she was available to shoot our engagement and wedding photos. Alex is super easy to work with. She is knowledgeable, bubbly, and efficient. The day of our engagement shoot Alex was there on time,... Read More prepared, and made my fiancé and I feel completely comfortable. I could not be happier with our engagement photos and can't wait to work with her on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Genevieve S

Alex took our engagement photos and wedding photos. Both of which were simply amazing. She is reliable and very easy to work with. Stays on track with timing and is friendly with everyone during photos. We plan on using her in the future ! I highly recommend her work.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Grace O

I want to start my review by saying Alex is amazing! I reached out to her because I was amazed at how beautiful my friend's wedding photos she took were. Unfortunately she wasn't able to do my out of state wedding due to scheduling conflicts but she did do our engagement... Read More photos. I had a specific look I was going for and we emailed back and forth about it and I was confident she knew exactly what I was looking for. The day of the shoot my fiancé & I were held up by traffic on the way to our session and only had 20 minutes to shoot with Alex. But you would never know by looking at the photos. You would have thought they took hours! Alex is so fun to shoot with and made me & my fiancé very comfortable and I think he was very happy that he only had to take pictures for 20 minutes, haha! And to top it all off she had our pictures back to us in less than 48 hours which I think is pretty unheard of in the wedding photography business. I'm in love with my engagement photos and cannot wait to share them with family & friends on my wedding invitation and wedding day. I'm sad Alex couldn't shoot my wedding but look forward to shooting other life milestones with her down the road. I feel confident recommending her to anyone looking for beautiful, genuine & timeless photography for any of life events! I also stalk her on social media now and you should too!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Jessica D

Me and my husband decided to have a destination wedding in St. Augustine, FL. Finding the right vendors was going to be more difficult for us since all of our planning was from afar. I came across Alex's work on The Knot and immediately was hooked on her photos. Her experience,... Read More talent, and service were top notch. She made sure to reach out before hand and discuss everything we expected from her and how she planned to get it done in a timely and efficient way. The day of was so perfect and she covered everything! Our photos were sent to us about 2 weeks earlier than expected which was just extra special since we were so eager to see them. The quality and range of her work is excellent and she is worth every penny. I would highly recommend Alex to shoot any session you need. We are 100% satisfied with our wedding photography!

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Shaunte W

My next door neighbor told me "One of the most important things to do for your wedding that I wish I did, was hire a good photographer.” Well I’m happy I took her advice. I found Alex right here on theKnot.com.  Alex is absolutely amazingly talented, not to mention she is... Read More probably one of the sweetest people you will ever meet.  She truly takes the time to get to know you, your partner, and your story by sending you a questionnaire, as well as offering to meet you before hand.  I was not able to meet her beforehand because I planned our wedding from Orlando, FL with the venue in Jacksonville, FL.  I planned everything over the phone and online, and it was a very small/intimate ceremony with only our immediate family. The first time I met Alex was at our venue when we arrived for the wedding, Alex was already there, and after talking with her for a bit, it was almost as if she was an old friend.  She has a very soothing demeanor that really helps to calm a bride’s nerves on one of the most important days in a girl’s life. Our pictures turned out amazing, the wedding you envision when you’re a little girl, Alex captured that fairy tale in our photos. Her use of Natural light, brings the photos to life, she truly captured the connection between my husband and I. My stepson that is usually so camera shy (He runs every time we pull out the camera) became the biggest Ham in front of Alex and her camera.  Being that she has a little boy of her own she is great with kids and getting them to come out of their shell. I would recommend Alex Michéle Photography to anyone that would like photos of a special event in their life.  I’m so thankful that Alex even travels, so that I can have her capture future upcoming milestones in our lives.  She has definitely become our “go-to” professional photographer!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Meaghan S

I had followed Alex's work for many years and had always hoped I would be lucky enough to hire her. After getting engaged and starting the planning process she was my first phone call and first vendor booked and I am so happy that she was. She is just as fun, bubbly and easy to... Read More work with as you would hope and her work speaks for itself…everything she does is gorgeous!!! I would highly recommend AMP Photography and will absolutely use her in the future.

Alex is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Katie G

Where do I even begin to brag about Alex Michele Photography? I have followed Alex’s work since about 2008 on Facebook, and I just knew that one day I wanted her to photograph my wedding. I didn’t even meet my husband until June of 2010, but I knew that if we ended up together,... Read More we already had our wedding photographer! In November 2014, we got engaged and the planning began. Alex was one of the first people I reached out to because I wanted to be sure that we would get her as our photographer. She gave me a list of available dates, which we then used when we called the church to book our wedding. I was over the moon! I couldn’t believe that I was going to get my dream photographer for our big day! Our engagement photos kept getting rained out, so I reached out to her to see if we could grab dinner and just go over the plan for the day. She was more than gracious and met up with me for dinner. As soon as I walked up she rushed up to give me a hug. It was like we were old friends just meeting for dinner! We went over the details for the wedding day, and she was genuinely so excited about everything. You could tell she had so many ideas running through her head and that she loves what she does. I left our meeting feeling even more excited about our upcoming nuptials and having such an amazing person document them. Just a few short days later it was time for the wedding. The morning of the wedding didn’t start off at all the way I had wanted it to, which caused me to be 2 hours behind schedule before the day even started. As soon as Alex walked in, she put herself to work. Not only did she get the usual amazing photographs that she does, but she helped with table settings, acted as a therapist, and kept telling me that everything looked amazing. Because I was so behind schedule, I didn’t really even get a chance to handle everything like I wanted to, but it didn’t matter. Alex was almost like an honorary bridesmaid with the way she handled the craziness of the day. Go ahead and splurge on the longest session time you can for your wedding – I promise you won’t regret it! TJ and I had very few pictures together, even though we dated for five years before we got married. She made us feel so relaxed and not like our usual awkward selves. The shots she was able to get of us were AMAZING! We’re having a hard time trying to narrow down which ones we want printed on canvas to display in the house. Every bride’s wedding day is such a whirlwind, so having someone with Alex’s eye to capture the special moments between the bride and groom, their families and all the details you spent months planning is a gift in and of itself. I have looked through our wedding photos so many times since our wedding day, and I feel like every time I do I find a new favorite. Whether it was a detail shot, a loving glance between me and my husband, or our guests having fun at the reception, she truly has an eye for detail. Her airy take on weddings with limited editing makes her work timeless, so you will be able to look back at your wedding photos for years to come and still love them every bit as much as you do. What more could anyone ask? I feel like no matter how much I write here will do Alex’s work justice. I genuinely mean it when I say she was a friend, a professional, a therapist, and of course – an AMAZING photographer. You will not regret your choice in hiring her, I can promise you that.

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Kyann M

Alex is an amazing photographer. She was recommended to me by a friend and as soon as I saw her wedding photos, I knew she was the person I wanted to shoot my wedding. Her photos were so natural and beautiful. Once I met Alex, I was even more excited to have her photograph the... Read More wedding. She is so kind and personable and listens to what you want. She also has great advice and knows what she is doing. The day of the wedding she made everyone feel so comfortable. She is very organized and kept things on schedule so that we could actually enjoy our wedding. After the wedding, she had all of our photos to us in under a week and they are amazing. I am beyond happy with how everything turned out. It was really important to me to work with great vendors so that our wedding could be enjoyable and stress free. I highly recommend Alex Michele Photography!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Shannon S

Having met Alex at a friend's wedding the yearand a half prior to my wedding I knew that I would have to hire her..I wasn't even engaged to my long term boyfriend yet! She was incredibly kind, fun, energetic, and personable. Alex communicated openly with me the entire process... Read More from letting her know that I was engaged, to our engagement pictures, to traveling to North Carolina for our wedding. Alex and her second photographer captured each special moment during the start of our marriage. The pictures were ready incredibly quickly. Alex managed to have a picture of everything just as perfectly as I remembered it; and with the perfect golden glow of the setting fall sun.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Rachel M

It all started with a sweet little coffee date, only about a month after I was engaged; Alex had to be the first person I booked, of course! We chatted for about an hour, not just about the wedding, but about life, my story, and hers(I even got to learn a little more about... Read More that sweet Henry of hers!). Alex was so sweet to take the time out of her day and genuinely get to know me. We instantly clicked and as if I didn't already know it.. she was the one! The next time we met was for our engagement shoot, which went so smooth! I have a very, very goofy husband who has the tendency to make most photos just that(I do adore it though). Alex worked her magic and pulled out his romantic side! We often forgot she was even there... and quite frankly couldn't believe we were the couple in those photos. She does an amazing job at posing you without you having to worry about looking “posed” or awkward. Our experience with engagement photos just made us that much more excited about the wedding and having her there to capture every moment. Alex did exactly that! She brought a great 2nd photographer, and together they captured everything I hoped for! Alex has a very calming presence about her and is there not just to snap a picture but to calm your nerves and grab you a glass of water if you need it. I’m telling you.. She’s the best! If you’re not already won over by now, Alex put up with a crazy group of men and still managed to keep the focus on what was important and the love between my Hubby and I on our special day. I recommend Alex and would use her over and over again! Thanks again Alex! The photos on our wall mean more to us than I could put in words!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Brittany H

Alex was such an exceptional photographer! I have been following her beautiful work on facebook for quite a while and I knew that one day I wanted her to photograph my wedding! Fast forward to January this past year when I got engaged, I contacted Alex. We first had our... Read More engagement shoot, and she was so helpful with guiding and coaching us for the photos (we had no idea what we were doing ;) ), yet they did not look ‘posed’ at all! She coached us all along the working with our beautiful beach backdrop and the lighting to get the perfect photos. Needless to say, when we got our engagement photos back, I was blown away!! I loved them so much and the love they captured... And I couldn’t wait for the wedding! She and her 2nd photographer were fantastic the day of the wedding. Again, she was very helpful at guiding us while photographing. I was confident in her experience, and had no worries, that she would capture all the important ‘moments’ and details the day of our wedding. She captured all the little details and the vision I had for my wedding. I was so nice to go back through all the photos and see all the little details, DIYs, and ‘labors of love’ that, as a bride, you envision for your wedding to make it personal and unique. But of course the day of is such a whirlwind, its hard to see everything all put together. All the wonderful photos Alex took, allowed me to go back and enjoy all the wonderful moments, details, emotions, and vision of my wedding day. We were beyond happy with Alex and she will definitely be our photographer for future chapters in our life!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 nicole P

To capture an instant in time through the mechanical actions of a camera is not particularly difficult. Push a button and the camera will give you an image from that instant. Capturing an image that you wish to represent that instant is extremely difficult. A photographer can... Read More only give you their interpretation of that instant in time. So it becomes important to have the two respective, client and photographer, interpretations to align. That’s what Alex is to her clients. An alignment of interpretation of how a particular instant in time should be captured. Her eye captures your moments in such a way that you as a client can only be impressed. Her camera equipment is high quality as well as her techniques. The results of our experience came from a complex dance of the day’s activity choreographed by Alex. She integrated into our wedding as to not interfere, controlled the crowd as to get the shots we had requested and gave us an opportunity to escape when all eyes on us the couple became a little much. Her professional manner allowed for her to disappear in the event allowing the guests to be photographed in their natural state. When it is all said and done, the actual day is very overwhelming to the average person. As a couple you have this veil of what went on. The only way to get that day back is to relive it in these captured instances. With Alex you get all your instances. All the pictures are yours. You get to choose which ones made the cut. You never know what someone will find in that particular image that appeals to them, so why exclude that option? As clients we wanted what we wanted but didn’t exactly know what we wanted. We knew what we didn’t want and we knew we wanted great pictures of the day. When that happens you need to hire a professional that will handle all the ins and outs to give you what you as a client want. Her experience and personality combine into this professional that is apparent the moment you meet her. It radiates that she is confidently capable of providing this most important service of capturing your instant in time. You will feel comfortably controlled throughout the day. There are the staged poses you’ll do sure, but it is what she’ll bring out of you that you’ll never even know until it’s on film that is most impressive. For us, that moment was when we had the venue to ourselves for one last dance. This perfect representation of an instant in time is now framed and displayed in the house. Before the ceremony I gave a speech on choices and thanked everyone there for making the choice to be there as my wife and I had made the choice to be together. I hope Alex remembers it, because Ashley and I made the choice to hire her. I have chosen these words and in their orientation so that my interpretation of performance may be captured as our day’s events were by Alex. As a potential client it is your duty to satisfy a want for great representations of instances in time. She must have a hundred good reviews out there, this one more isn’t going to convince you. I hope that it solidifies your position and gives you a good feeling in your de