Alexander Photography

Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, Santa Barbara

Wedding Photographer

Alexander Richardson gets lost in his work, consistently striving to capture all those nuanced moments that occur throughout your wedding day. His approach is thoughtful and precise. Not only does he love his craft, but he wants to ensure you love and cherish your wedding photos for a lifetime. His aim is to tell your story from start to finish, which means every photo he takes is important- from first to last. The care he takes and the attention he brings to every project is evidenced in his superb photography, reflecting authentic emotion and captivating elegance. Alex is based in California but ready to travel the world to tell your story.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, Santa Barbara

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

My husband and I got married this past May and Alex was our photographer. We can’t express enough how incredible of an experience it was! He was so easy to work with and very professional. We felt so comfortable around him. He managed to capture every important moment of the... Read More day with such an artful eye. Every shot was interesting and beautiful. We really can’t recommend Alex enough. He was everything we hoped for in a photographer and so much more. We can’t wait to enjoy looking at his photos for years and years to come!

2016-07-12T23:33:14 Response from the vendor

A most memorable event. So honored to have been part of your day. Thank you so much guys. Miss ya!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Tamara M

We couldn't be happier with the amazing job Alex did for our wedding! He is so personable, patient and skilled at giving you instructions to pose for the perfect shot! Also, he is aware of everything going on so he's very effective when dealing with the moods of family members... Read More and guests, navigating a crowded venue while somehow keeping everyone relaxed enough for great and natural photos. He has a really artistic eye and did some creative camera tricks to capture uniquely beautiful shots. My husband and I, along with our friends and family were blown away with the photos he took! We enthusiastically recommend Alex as for your special day!!!

2016-03-09T17:22:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Had such a great time with you. Congratulations!

Alex is the best!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Christie T

Alex was our photographer for our wedding this past September in La Jolla. We got along with him right away and felt like he "got us". I'm so glad that we chose to go with him as our photographer. He perfectly captured our day with beautiful artistic photos. My bridesmaids also... Read More commented that they really liked him, and didn't mind having him around while we were getting ready. I highly recommend booking him!

2015-12-26T13:48:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. It was such a magical wedding. All the best for 2016!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Alexis L

Alex was absolutely amazing! We flew into the area for a family visit and vacation, but wanted to have our engagement session while we were there. He was easy to communicate with and was able to work with us to give us the best pictures! Of course this is his "profession", but... Read More you can tell this is also his passion! He wanted to make sure we had the best background for our session and spent time driving around the mountain side to find it. The pictures turned out magnificent! He comes highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Sophie M

I am a wedding planned based in Orange County (Stylish Details Events) and I had the pleasure of working with Alex on a wedding I planned this summer. His work is so soulful and he really captures the essence of his client's love stories. He was such a champ on the day of the... Read More wedding and did a fantastic job of capturing every special moment. I can't wait to work with Alex and his team again!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Jacob W

My fiancé was very nervous for this photo shoot. Being in front of the camera is way out of her comfort zone. Right off the bat Alex made us both feel very comfortable. Nothing felt forced or unnatural. He picked up on our light-hearted nature and was able to capture our... Read More relationship perfectly. We were truly blown away when we received our photos. We didn’t want cookie cutter engagement photos, we wanted something unique to us and he nailed it. He has a true talent and love for what he does, and it shines through his work. Can't wait to work with him again in the future!

2017-03-07T21:12:11 Response from the vendor

Hey thanks so much for the kindest words. Loved the playfulness you both shared. So much fun. You guys were a delight to hang out with. Don't be strangers now! Coffee session soon!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Tanya W

​From our initial conversation with Alex, he has been nothing but friendly and helpful. He's one of the people that I know who truly loves what he does. I could sense his passion even over the phone! It was his idea to shoot our engagement session in Joshua Tree after he heard... Read More that was where my fiance and I got engaged, and we were so glad that he suggested that! My fiance and I were pretty nervous about the shoot beforehand, but Alex made everything very easy and we ended up having a blast. If we could climb rocks in our dressy outfits, it's because we knew Alex's photos were definitely going to be worth the climb. Alex's photography style complimented the amazing landscape of Joshua Tree. Our photos turned out extraordinary and got all of our friends and family obsessing over them. Alex made it every hard for us to choose a favorite! I would definitely recommend Alex to any couple who love to adventure and have him tell your stories. You won't regret it :)

2017-03-06T19:50:39 Response from the vendor

Hey guys, I am so happy we got to work together and it was such a pleasure capturing your moments. Thanks so much for being super troopers and trusting my vision. Love the experience we had. Such an amazing day. Cheers to you both!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Artem M

We crossed paths with Alex in early 2016, as we began the requisite steps in planning out or 11/11/16 wedding. After some preliminary email exchanges, we met with Alex in-person to discuss ideas and specific details. It took no more than a few minutes to be rest-assured that we... Read More weren't just in good hands—we were in the very best of hands. Reviewing Alex's work made it clear to me that he was a visionary in his chosen art, extracting permanent memories from the fleeting moments experienced during a wedding. His editing style and composition spoke to us in a few that few others did. On the day of our wedding, Alex was meticulous in ensuring that the set and scene flowed organically with our wedding day. He was unobtrusive, acting as a guiding hand to place both us and our guests in the ideal light and framing to deliver what he had envisioned. The wedding, in and of itself, was as all weddings are: enchanting and wonderful, yet so swiftly moving that each moment was fleeting before the next arrived. When Alex delivered his final body of images captured from the day-of, we were nothing short of stunned. Given the critical acclaim that he’s garnered in the recent past, expectations were high. Yet, somehow, Alex managed to supersede them all. The common truism accepted by couples after their wedding day is that you’re only left with the memories and the photos. The former were our responsibility, and the latter was Alex’s undertaking. Thankfully, he delivered a small body of art that we can forever cherish—a series of gorgeously shot and masterfully edited images that tell a story that we can forever call our own. Concessions and sacrifices can be made in many avenues for any important event, but as one who’s experienced his craft first-hand, let me take this opportunity to reiterate that Alex’s photography represents an irreplaceable element of any gathering you might hold dear. If your goal is to ensure that you’re left with something timeless, something unique to you and those with you on your special occasion, take advantage of the raw talent that Alex Richardson brings to the table. It won’t be a decision you ever regret.

2017-03-06T19:35:54 Response from the vendor

Yo my friends. I cannot thank you enough for having me be part of your wedding journey. I am taken back for the fantastic review you left for me. I really appreciate everything. Coffee soon!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Kelli B

My fiance and I are recently engaged and getting married in a little over six months. We needed to take engagement photos and had a tight timeline to get save the dates out. We heard about Alex from a friend and spent some time looking through his photos online and were... Read More impressed. He had a unique style and something my fiancee and I both found really interesting. When we reached out, we were welcomed with a warm email, a great value, and flexibility to meet our needs. Within a week of the initial exchange, we had a contract, date and selected locations. On the day of, Alex was fun and a joy to work with. We spent two hours around Malibu and had a blast. In an experience that can be awkward for those not accustomed to being in front of a camera, we felt comfortable which resulted in great photos we are excited to share with our family and friends. We would 100% recommend Alex!

2017-02-07T16:07:52 Response from the vendor

Hey guys thanks so much for the kindest words. Had such a great time getting to know you both. So happy you enjoyed your experience. Have an amazing wedding and please fill me in with the photos when you get them back. So jealous btw!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Emily W

Alex was nothing short of perfect. We felt that he the was best thing that we spent money on out of the entire wedding. He was kind, patient, flexible, easy to talk to, easy going, full of INCREDIBLE ideas and inspirations for unique photos and lighting, and affordable. We were... Read More thrilled with his service, help, and blown away by the images he captured of our special day. I cry every time I look at our photos and slideshow because they are stunning, and he truly managed to capture the emotions/feel/organic moments of the day without interfering in the natural flow of things. He truly is amazing at what he does. Easily the best wedding decision we made. Do yourself a favor and get in touch with him asap!

2017-02-02T02:06:55 Response from the vendor

Hey Emily thanks you so much for the kindest words. It was truly an honor being part of your day. I had such a blast hanging with you all. Such a beautiful day we had. Please say whats up to the fam for me and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Dayne C

Where to begin.... I got married a little over two months ago and still can't get over how beautiful my wedding was and I got extremely lucky because of this man here. Alex exceeded my husband and my dreams of photos to the highest degree. I am in love with my photos and look at... Read More them every day because how beautiful they turned out due to this man. He captured every moment we had over our big day and made every photo see our emotions we were having throughout the day. Alex made us be able to remember our whole day from beginning to end putting it not only in a music video but in a sweet photo album as well. I would recommend Alex over and over again to anyone who you know. He made us feel overwhelmingly comfortable and we couldn't ask for anything else on such an emotional day.

2017-01-05T13:48:40 Response from the vendor

OMG you guys had an amazing wedding. So happy to have been part of it. Miuss you all and thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 presley r

Alex's photos are works of art, truly! He is so nice and very easy to work with also. He worked with our budget, was very organized during the event, and completed/sent us our photos pretty quickly after the wedding. He makes you relaxed and makes it so easy to get genuine... Read More poses/facial expressions out of you. Our wedding was the best weekend of our lives, and somehow Alex magically captured the mood and vibe of each part of the event perfectly! We cannot stop looking at the pictures, he really has an eye for an interesting photo and uses lighting very well. I can't say enough good things about the experience. I do recommend that if you can pay slightly more, having him plus an assistant photographer (2 cameras) would probably be worth it. For budgetary reasons we had him come alone and because of that we don't have photos of the cocktail hour because that was when we were doing our couples session. Of course, the couples session was amazing and the pictures look like they could be in a gallery so we l0ve them and don't regret it for a second, but I think having two photographers is a good idea (and he offers that) if you can swing it. So many of our friends have commented on our photos and asked who our photographer was. Highly recommend!

2017-03-06T19:54:51 Response from the vendor

Hey thanks so much for having me guys. Hope all is going great. Catch up soon!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Amanda E

Hiring Alex as our wedding photographer was probably one of the best decisions we made throughout our whole planning process! We absolutely love our photos!! We just got them back a couple weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop looking at them. I've heard nothing but great... Read More feedback from everyone who has seen them, some people even said they were the best wedding photos they'd ever seen!! Alex went above and beyond for us, from coming to our rehearsal dinner to the amazing slideshow he put together with some of the best photos to music. We loved working with him and would recommend him 1,000 times over!!

2016-08-16T11:22:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having me be part of the journey. I had such a great time getting to know the both of you. Your day was filled with so much love, laughter and emotion. It was a pleasure capturing the exuberant energy throughout... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

We had a beautiful and intimate ceremony at a private avocado ranch in Ventura California. Alex captured the small moments that were really important to us. Our portrait session was so amazing. He managed to find some spectacular light in the orchard. We felt totally at ease... Read More with Alex, he made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He is so skilled at giving direction with posing, and it felt so natural and not forced. At times it felt as if he wasn't even there. He brought out our very best features and was able to capture our personalities perfectly. We are in love with our images. The album he made for us is amazing. If you don't have a wedding photographer yet just hire him now! You won't regret it. He was everything you could ask for in a photographer!

2016-08-11T19:18:21 Response from the vendor

Heck yeah! you guys rocked it. Thanks so much for having me. Now go on that honeymoon!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Kelly L

Alex is an artist with his photography, but he's also completely approachable. While he's taking photos with gorgeous lighting and mood, he's making you smile in such a genuine way - it really comes across in the final photos. If a certain pose isn't working for you, he will... Read More rework it until you feel comfortable and maintains that natural look. He captured beautiful candid moments throughout our wedding. Our sunset photos ended up looking so intimate and special. I can't stop looking at them! He is a talented wedding photographer who really enjoys documenting your wedding day. Meghan + Peter

2017-05-20T11:37:11 Response from the vendor

Hey guys thanks so much for having me be part of your day. Absolute pleasure. Hope all is well!

Reviewed on 2/07/2016

Alexander Richardson

I am lucky enough to be local to Los Angeles and San Francisco. However I love to travel and can document your wedding story anywhere on this planet. Wedding photography is a passion of mine. I approach each wedding as a storyteller. I understand that the first image is just as important as the last, it brings your story to a full circle. Lets create some magical memories together, something unique and beautiful. Ready for an adventure? Lets go!