Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples

Alisa's specialty is crafting wedding ceremonies from scratch and performing them for couples who want an inspired, distinct story to be the centerpiece of their wedding.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony

Philadelphia, PA Serving PA, NY, NJ (570) 369-3955

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Stewart S

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her... Read More custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-) When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :) Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :) xo Stewart & Eduardo

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kim S

My husband and I got married on December 31, 2017. There are really no words to describe how amazing Alisa is. My husband (Catholic) and I (Jewish) knew a purely religious ceremony was not what we wanted - We wanted something special, something unique that also included some... Read More religious aspects from both Catholicism and Judaism. Boy, did Alisa deliver. When she sent us the first draft of our ceremony, tears were rolling down our cheeks. She got us. Having never met us before, Alisa perfectly put into words our love story and silly quirks. After a few emails back and forth, Alisa tweaked our ceremony to make it just right. On the day of the wedding, Alisa came early and spent the day running around with us, talking to us, and getting to know us more in person. Being with her was so easy - Alisa is so welcoming and has such a warm personality, and having such a kind, personable person be a huge part of our wedding day was so special to us. The actual ceremony was absolutely magnificent. We laughed, we cried. Our guests laughed and cried, and when the ceremony was over, I cannot even count how many people said this exact quote: “We’ve been to many, many weddings before, and this was hands down the best ceremony we’ve ever seen.” We had a few friends ask us how long it took us to write the ceremony. When we told them we didn’t – that Alisa did – they were shocked. People kept saying that “she literally wrote it to sound like how the two of you talk to each other.” Her ceremony was simply “us” down to the very last detail. My husband and I cannot recommend Alisa more. To be plain and simple, Alisa is an amazing storyteller who is a pleasure to work with. She is everything I hoped for in a celebrant. If you are looking to have an unforgettable wedding ceremony, look no further. Alisa is the full package: creative, unique, professional, dependable, and, most of all, fun! Five stars (but if there were more stars, we’d give her those, too!)

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Teddi S

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling a little bit to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married somewhere along the way. We had contacted a... Read More few vendors to no avail when our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know getting married in the future, without a doubt.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Nicole R

Alisa is the best! This summer she crafted the most perfect baby blessing ceremony to welcome our son and to celebrate his first year. Alisa was super helpful in guiding and offering suggestions while we were writing our vows; sifting through thoughts and emotions expounding on... Read More this first year with our new baby. The ceremony was more than we ever thought it could be. There wasn't a dry eye when she commissioned our 12 year old son to be a guiding example and we loved the way she incorporated each of our guests to participate in the blessing. She is detail orientated, energetic, passionate and super creative. We only wish we would have had her for our wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Stefany P

Where can we even begin to tell you what it meant to have Alisa as our celebrant for our wedding? Alisa went far and beyond anything we could have imagine! It really felt as if you were our safe haven in the middle of all the wonderful chaos. Alisa’s calm energy was able to keep... Read More us relaxed and focused, it truly felt as if we had our longtime closest friend providing us support; it was hard to believe it was only our second time seeing her! There is just something so wonderful about Alisa that allows her to make an instant connection and instantly make you feel comfortable around her. Alisa was able to capture our love story in such a beautiful way it allowed our loved ones to get an inside look at our relationship. As a same sex couple I was partially concerned about my mother’s reaction because she has had a difficult time accepting our relationship. I’m certain that hearing the beautiful ceremony has actually helped my mother come to terms with my relationship and understand the depth our love for one another. After our beautiful ceremony, every single person had something wonderful and positive to say about Alisa! Alisa also helped us by suggesting a couple of beautiful traditions such as the ring blessing and the honey kiss. In our cultures, these traditions are not common and had she not walked us through the process and what they entail I think we truly would have missed out from something very special.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 maria h

Words were do very little justice in describing how truly grateful we were to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Our ceremony was pure magic. Working with Alisa, from start to finish, was extraordinary, and our ceremony was by far the highlight of our entire wedding... Read More celebration. The process of sharing our love story with Alisa, as well as selecting specific ceremony rituals had such an impact on my husband and me. As many know, creating your perfect wedding can be intense and stressful, and we both agreed that this part of the planning made it all worth while. Alisa is a beautiful soul, with an aura about her that is unmatched. She speaks in a way that you can't help but be drawn to every single thing she says. And she listens! She heard every detail of our love story, and relayed it to our family and friends so elegantly. Even the most traditional (and strict religious) guests of ours agreed she created the most beautiful and memorable ceremony for us. A vow renewal was never something my husband and I considered doing, and now we are looking to celebrate every wonderful life moment with Alisa by our side.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Ruby P

I don't know where to begin but first of all Alisa is amazing! Our ceremony wouldn't have been as special as it was without her. She took her time to get to know us and capture our love story in a very special way. The way she told our love story made me have flashback and felt... Read More like I was living it all over again. Also for the ceremony you get to choose a ceremony element, my wife and I did the honey kiss where we put honey on each others lips and seal our love with a sweet kiss. I loved it and it definitely was a sweet first kiss. I can't thank her enough for all her hard work and dedication she will honestly go above and beyond to make your special day perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Anna C

I can not say enough amazing things about Alisa. I knew I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful.... an expression of our love and for it to be personal. I came across Alisa's page by searching for non religious officiants. From the moment I first connected with her, I knew she... Read More was just the vibe we were going for. She was warm and sweet and had a calming way about her. She sent me and my fiancé questionnaires to fill out and send back, not knowing what each other had written. From there, Alisa wrote the most beautiful and touching ceremony. We went back and forth a few times on edits, and in the end, I knew we had something really special. At the ceremony, Alisa was dressed so beautifully! She really made an effort to fit in with our theme and I really appreciated it. I loved listening to her tell our love story, her voice was so calming and assuring. Even though I'd read our final draft of the ceremony, it sounded so lovely coming from her. We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Many people said they had never heard anything like it and that they loved hearing our story. Overall, it felt so intimate and personal and I was thrilled to have chosen Alisa as our officiant. She is a remarkable person and did an amazing job. Book her ASAP for a beautiful, personalized and special ceremony built around the love between you and your partner. She is the best!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Ellen R

My husband and I decided to elope in the Pocono Mtn area. I found Alisa and her property, Promise Ridge. If you are looking for a unique, romantic, personalized ceremony and space, she's it! She was so accommodating to all of our needs and requests. We planned our wedding in... Read More a short 13 days and she made it feel as if we had spent a year planning. I walked down a snowy, candlelit aisle to my husband on Promise Ridge. It was absolutely stunning. I can't emphasize enough how personal, intimate and romantic she made the setting and ceremony. It was PERFECT! She also helped fix my dress disaster moments before walking down the aisle!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Erica C

It’s not often you say this about people you encounter, but Alisa truly is born to do what she does. She truly is gifted at capturing the love and personalities of those she weds, not to mention she is a genuinely kind and authentic person. When you work with Alisa, you’ll be... Read More pleased to see that her focus is on the bond between two people. Her work and suggestions for ceremony is based on this, allowing the true color and character of those she works with to shine through unadulterated. She’s a gifted writer and storyteller with undeniable skill. We will always remember Alisa not only for the beautiful ceremony she performed for us, but for the absolutely critical part she played in the most important and wonderful day of our lives. Her recommendations and patient guidance allowed for each us to be calm and focus on the moment we were about to share with each other. There were no distractions leading up to the big day. For our “micro wedding” comprised of immediate family (dogs included!) we really got more than we ever could have expected. And for this, we will always remember Alisa. It truly is incredible that despite just having worked with Alisa for a brief amount of time we will remember her as vividly and fondly as anyone we will ever encounter together.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Casey P

Alisa was amazing! Our ceremony was simple, sweet and personal- exactly what we were hoping for! She sent out couples questionnaires and used many of our funny stories and also words we used to describe one another in the ceremony. We had a small, intimate ceremony in our... Read More living room and I wanted an officiant that was warm and inviting. She is very genuine and down to earth, perfect for the feel of our wedding. Thank you Alisa!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Mackenzie W

Choosing Alisa to be your celebrant should be one of the easiest decisions you make in wedding planning. I found her consistently glowing reviews online and then watched some videos of her ceremonies and was so blown away by her presence that I never really considered anyone... Read More else. Our guests all told us how special they thought our ceremony was, and that they never knew a wedding ceremony could be so interesting and tailor-made for the couple. If you’re looking for a unique ceremony and want it to be a memorable part of your wedding day, you can find no one better than Alisa. The process of creating your ceremony is relatively easy and she’ll help you get whatever traditions you want included. She’s much better than having a friend be your celebrant because she’s a professional, and can provide unwavering support during the planning process and the day of (and also give honeymoon tips if you’re going to Hawaii). I would encourage everyone to at least schedule a time to talk with Alisa and I think you’ll find the decision to book her as your celebrant will be an easy one after you confirm that the amazing presence she has shines even on skype!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kelsey R

Alisa was the celebrant for our wedding on November 19th of this year. To say she was fantastic would be an understatement. Alisa was absolutely wonderful. She is genuine, bubbly, and personable. From the very start of this whole process (which we began months and months... Read More before our wedding) she has been so great to work with. She’s been extremely responsive when it comes to answering emails and questions, which has definitely not been the case with all of our vendors. When my husband and I decided that we wanted to add in a glass ceremony she was flexible and even called me with a suggestion for a local glass blower that we could contact! The ceremony itself was so unique and personable. I can’t even count how many people came up to us afterwards and said they loved it – and everyone loved different parts of it! There were so many little touches that made it special, and we have Alisa to thank for it all. She was truly an integral part of our wedding day, and we are so thankful that we decided to have her write and perform our ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Anylise C

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Alisa. She is an absolute gem and we feel extremely grateful that she was a part of our special day. Alisa was prompt, professional, and really genuine throughout the entire process. She took the time to truly get... Read More to know us as a couple and to learn about our history together. The resulting ceremony was exceptionally personal and poignant. On the big day, Alisa was such a joy. We had a micro-wedding at the end of July in the gardens behind my mother’s home with only four guests (six total attendees including bride and groom). Alisa showed up prior to the ceremony and really went above and beyond, helping to fasten boutonnieres, assisting the photographers with wedding dress shots, and providing a much needed calming counter balance to the pre-wedding hustle and bustle that was in the air. The ceremony that Alisa performed was perfectly seamless and so incredibly special. She included our entire family and everyone gushed afterwards that it was the best wedding ceremony that they had ever experienced. Alisa’s entire aura is so warm, kind and genuine that having her with us on our wedding day really felt like she was there as an old friend and guest. Even after the ceremony, Alisa continued to shine. She got in touch to follow up and send us photos that she had taken from the sidelines. She captured some really great candid moments and it was so very thoughtful of her to share them with us. If you are looking for a truly personalized, unique, and meaningful wedding ceremony, look no further than Alisa Tongg, Celebrant. You will not be disappointed! Our experience with Alisa far exceeded any expectations that we had. It is not often that someone so perfectly combines capability and personality, but Alisa pulls it off with a sense of authenticity that just sets you at ease. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Tori S

Alisa is everything you could ever hope for when having a custom wedding ceremony. So personal, so detail oriented and so sweet. She made all my ceremony dreams come true. It felt so good to hear loved ones and friends tell us it was the best ceremony they have ever been to.... Read More Thank you thank you thank you Alisa. ❤️

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Tori S

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lauren M

Alisa was absolutely AMAZING and the BEST decision we made for our wedding. We drove out to meet her in person about a year before the wedding and she was immediately warm, genuine, and down-to-earth…we left our meeting and looked at each other and said “this is it…she is... Read More perfect!” Alisa was able to create a beautiful interfaith ceremony that celebrated the beautiful traditions we both wanted to incorporate into our day. When she arrived at the venue the morning of our wedding, she embraced our family with genuine warmth, one that our parents so appreciated. Our ceremony was breathtaking – everyone is still talking about how much they loved Alisa! We can’t even begin to thank Alisa for everything that she has done for us; she is an incredible and unique person, one that we wish we could keep in our lives!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Dana F

Alisa was perfect. Our ceremony was very intimate (only about 10 guests) and we were a little nervous about inviting someone else into that small circle for such a big day but we didn't need to be! Alisa took time to get to know us (even though we live overseas!) and create... Read More the EXACT kind of ceremony we wanted. She was even able to provide a suggestion for a special element that we would have never thought of without her. She also helped immensely on-site with helping us organize the pop-up style wedding, even giving my niece PERFECT flower-girl instructions. We threw together our wedding in just a month and had planned so little but we both agree that one of the best decisions we could have made was working with Alisa. Once we had her on our side we just knew everything else would fall into place. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Dominique S

Being a same sex couples comes with its challenges of being unique. Having people see beyond their bias of same sex couples comes with meticulous planning so people can just see the love. Knowing that we just want to love who we love and live in a country that respects others... Read More preferences seems almost impossible but working with Alisa Tongg it was as simple as a slice of pound cake🤗🤗. She told our story in a way that captivated all our guest attention. Made all the guest in the room understand what love really is from our eyes. Alisa was very patient and kind. Worked with us as a couple and as individuals just to add those special touches to our ceremony. If your looking for uniqueness and someone to tell people your story, what love means to you, Alisa Tongg is your officiant. Our wedding was September 18th 2016 and as I write this review on September 22nd 2016 people are still in amazement of how she executed our ceremony with such grace and class. Alisa Tongg is truly a gem and we thank you dearly😘❤️. The Mrs. Denia and Dominique Starks

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Jess D

There are truly not enough amazing things I could say about Alisa and the entire process. When I first spoke to her, I knew she would be great to work with and she would create a ceremony that was perfect for us. She got to know us, listened to our story, and perfectly put it... Read More into words. Not only did she create a great ceremony, but she was so captivating delivering it on the wedding day. So many of my guests said the ceremony was perfect and that they loved Alisa! I would recommend her to anyone looking for an unforgettable ceremony and perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Lauren W

Alisa is the type of person who will give you the shoes off of her feet, literally. After our ceremony, my feet aching, Alisa ran to her car, gave me a pair of flip flops and basically saved the day. Ladies and Gents, this is the kind of person you want working with you on your... Read More wedding day. When my fiance and I first spoke with Alisa we ended the Skype call and immediately agreed that we needed to make it happen. This was the easiest wedding decision that we made. If you work with Alisa, you will have the most personalized, emotional and beautiful ceremony that your guests will ever hear. We've only been back for a few days, but we've gotten emails and calls from people asking who our officiant was and telling us how it's one of the best ceremonies they've heard. My advice to brides and grooms is to remember why you are all gathered, the ceremony. A lot of things didn't go exactly as planned with the flowers and the decorations and I won't remember any of that, but I will always, always remember our ceremony and looking at our guests and seeing them laugh and cry with us - those memories are priceless to me. To top it off, Alisa is about the sweetest, kindest person you will meet, you won't regret working with her!!! xox

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kaylee D

If your looking for someone to make your day beautiful and feel super personal look no further than Alisa! It started out , for me, that I was worried about it being a quick emotionless ceremony with someone who might say our names wrong and not even care. It happened to our... Read More poor friends and it scared me, the ceremony was the most important part of the day! After scrolling through the web I came across Alisa I went to her website and INSTANTLY fell in love with the idea of a personalized ceremony. I reached out and contacted her saying I was interested she almost immediately contacted me back giving me all her info. After begging my fiancé to let us have her and I'd make compromises on other wedding aspects he said yes. Through the next few month contact was easy Alisa doesn't make you wait. Alisa also doesn't just keep it business either. She wants to get to know you, keep in contact about your life even as far as social media (I love her Instagram ). Which is great because leading up to the moment you finally get to meet her in person it's like meeting up with an old friend. The day of the wedding she shows up ,on time,looking beautiful and gives the best hug. Before the ceremony she gets involved with everything. She talked to all the flower girls she helped my bridesmaids and the photographer out. If anything doesn't look right she is not afraid to get personal and help out. I will also say if you don't tell everyone all about her they will rant and rave about how wonderful she is. All my girls were complementing her like crazy. All you'll hear is how nice and helpful she is, how funny she is, and how fierce her hair looks haha! I need to also note she takes the most wonderful behind the scenes photos. I didn't even notice her taking half of the ones she showed me ! It's great because we all know we have to wait for those pictures to come in so it's nice to see some from the day of. Jump to ceremony time, she makes sure that everyone knows where they need to be and when. She speaks eloquently and with great diction. When she speaks you can feel your story coming to life for all to see and feel. There are also a lot of mini ceremonies that you can incorporate into the wedding that Alisa will be happy to help with I chose a hand fasting and a certificate signing, they help add a personal touch to everything. After the wedding so many people went on and on about her I even had my single ladies asking for her information for when they get married lol. I honestly don't know what more to say ! As Shia Labeouf and Nike would say "just do it !" You will not regret it at all !

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Amanda S

We could not have been happier with our wedding ceremony! Working with Alisa was such a wonderful experience. We really enjoyed the whole process of crafting our ceremony with her. She did such an amazing job of telling our story. We have received so many compliments from our... Read More family and friends about how special the ceremony was. Highly highly recommend Alisa!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

From our very first Skype conversation with Alisa to our wedding day, Alisa was amazing. We were actually married in private five years before at the courthouse, so our ceremony was a very emotional moment for us as we shared with friends and family our happiness. We also had... Read More the added challenge of blending in a traditional Vietnamese tea ceremony with the modern elements, but Alisa took it on enthusiastically and offered ideas to seamlessly work them together. She really listened to who we are as a couple, what we wanted our ceremony to feel like, and was able to convey it in a beautiful ceremony. Many guests shared with us after that it was the most beautiful ceremony they’d ever been to, and that it was in a word, elegant. My partner and I were running late for the day-of rehearsal, and when I was flustered, I almost gave into the demands of other people on where to stand. I appreciated that Alisa paused and affirmed that it was absolutely about what I wanted for my vision. She is genuine, kind, and truly the most professional person we worked with for our wedding. Services used: Officiant

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Sara K

My husband and I wanted to a have a non-denominational wedding service and were concerned that we would have few options and a ceremony without character. Enter Alisa Tongg: she was outstanding! Our guests raved about the way she told OUR story, they laughed, teared up, and felt... Read More the emotion that my husband and I would have been unable to communicate on our own. She was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. I would recommend her to everyone. She really loves LOVE. :)

Alisa Tongg

Alisa loves her role as a Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples.