Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples

Alisa's specialty is crafting wedding ceremonies from scratch and performing them for couples who want an inspired, distinct story to be the centerpiece of their wedding.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony

Philadelphia, PA Serving PA, NY, NJ (570) 369-3955

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Stewart S

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her... Read More custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-) When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :) Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :) xo Stewart & Eduardo

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kim S

My husband and I got married on December 31, 2017. There are really no words to describe how amazing Alisa is. My husband (Catholic) and I (Jewish) knew a purely religious ceremony was not what we wanted - We wanted something special, something unique that also included some... Read More religious aspects from both Catholicism and Judaism. Boy, did Alisa deliver. When she sent us the first draft of our ceremony, tears were rolling down our cheeks. She got us. Having never met us before, Alisa perfectly put into words our love story and silly quirks. After a few emails back and forth, Alisa tweaked our ceremony to make it just right. On the day of the wedding, Alisa came early and spent the day running around with us, talking to us, and getting to know us more in person. Being with her was so easy - Alisa is so welcoming and has such a warm personality, and having such a kind, personable person be a huge part of our wedding day was so special to us. The actual ceremony was absolutely magnificent. We laughed, we cried. Our guests laughed and cried, and when the ceremony was over, I cannot even count how many people said this exact quote: “We’ve been to many, many weddings before, and this was hands down the best ceremony we’ve ever seen.” We had a few friends ask us how long it took us to write the ceremony. When we told them we didn’t – that Alisa did – they were shocked. People kept saying that “she literally wrote it to sound like how the two of you talk to each other.” Her ceremony was simply “us” down to the very last detail. My husband and I cannot recommend Alisa more. To be plain and simple, Alisa is an amazing storyteller who is a pleasure to work with. She is everything I hoped for in a celebrant. If you are looking to have an unforgettable wedding ceremony, look no further. Alisa is the full package: creative, unique, professional, dependable, and, most of all, fun! Five stars (but if there were more stars, we’d give her those, too!)

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Teddi S

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling a little bit to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married somewhere along the way. We had contacted a... Read More few vendors to no avail when our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know getting married in the future, without a doubt.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Leigh G

Alisa - Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so special. You captured our feelings for each other so beautifully. Your knowledge of both Christian and Jewish traditions helped us blend our cultures and make both families feel included in a way we never could have... Read More imagined!!! You have a true gift Alisa, you translated the love we feel into words. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we found you on Instagram!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book Alisa NOW. Best decision we made. Xx Leigh and Steve

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 N&D N

If there was one word to describe Alisa, both as a person and as a celebrant, that would be "Amazing". She made our day not only extra special for us, but special for the guests as well. She was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable right from the start. All of our guests,... Read More including ourselves, were blown away by the set up at Promise Ridge. Alisa crafted our ceremony perfectly and made it very intimate and personal and added some humor in there as well. Working with Alisa was truly a great experience and we hope to work with her again sometime in the future. We definitely recommend Alisa 110%!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Brigitte H

My husband and I wanted a very personal ceremony from someone who knew us. Unfortunately, when none of our friends our family were able to perform our ceremony, we decided to hire the next best person--Alisa. We got so many compliments on the customized and personalized ceremony... Read More she constructed for us. Guests were blown away when they discovered that we didn't actually know her prior to getting married. They loved what she said, how she said it, and also her look--so stylish! When my husband and I ran into a little snag, she worked hard to come up with a solution that would make everyone happy. I would definitely recommend Alisa if you're looking for an intimate ceremony that you and your guests will cherish.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Aviva I

Alisa is simply the best. She crafted our ceremony just for us according to our wants and needs, made it personal, and made everyone laugh. My mom later said that she was surprised at herself by how moved she was. We had our ceremony at Alisa's property, Promise Ridge. The... Read More backdrop was completely stunning. The weather was perfect, and the lovingly adorned Living Wall was just absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was simple and perfect, and so us. Alisa also was there for us 100% leading up to the wedding - she is a veritable fount of information when it comes to area vendors, and helped us choose a dinner location that you would not find on Google. It was my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Andrea J

Alisa was incredibly amazing in every aspect possible! We found her because of The Knot and instantly knew she was the celebrant for us based on her website. After our first Skype conversation, we knew she had to be our celebrant! We chose to get married at her elopement site,... Read More Promise Ridge, and she offered us the best recommendations for other vendors. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and I truly feel that a large portion of that was due to the amazing recommendations (photographer and reception site) from Alisa. The ceremony that she wrote for us was phenomenal. She made our love story come alive for our guests and it felt as though I was reliving our entire relationship as she spoke. The ceremony was heartfelt and personal and our guests raved about it the entire night. I would recommend Alisa to anyone in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Ed U

We were looking to have a very small wedding in a natural setting, but didn't really know anyone who had done this themselves and so it was difficult to find what we wanted. My now wife happened to find Alisa while searching online and saw the photos of her Living Wall. It... Read More looked like just the thing. It turned out to be even nicer than we expected! Beautiful scenery and a quiet, secluded space in the trees. Alisa was terrific and so helpful with the whole process. We couldn't have been happier with the ceremony. She even recommended a great photographer. Just a terrific experience.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Kailer R

If I could give Alisa Tongg a ten star rating I would. As soon as I met her it felt like I've known her for years! She officiated my vow renewal at her beautiful location Promise Ridge (which is completely indescribable and surpassed all of my expectations for an outdoor... Read More elopement/vow renewal) She told our story so beautifully. The atmosphere that she created for us made me feel like I was in a different world or dreaming!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Connie S

From start to finish, our experience with Alisa has been ah-mazing! She is super warm and inviting and open to any and all suggestions to ceremony ideas! We envisioned a non-traditional, non-religious ceremony.. and boy did she deliver! Everyone could not stop raving about our... Read More ceremony! I would recommend Alisa 1,000x over!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Connie S

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Denise R

Alisa is amazing!! From our first meeting, we knew she was the perfect person to tell our love story. She easily put into words our love we could not find the words to describe. She made our family and friends part of our ceremony which we will treasure forever. She made our... Read More special day more amazing then we could have ever imagined! Thank you so very much Alisa!!! We love you!! We will recommend you to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Corinne M

Alisa has such incredible talent and elegance that only someone who interacts with her will get to see. My husband and I had the privilege of having Alisa write our love story from the time we were in high school up until present day. I could not have asked for a more perfect... Read More rendition filled with multi-cultural details. She is very accommodating and filled with brilliant ideas. It certainly does't hurt that she is gorgeous as well. Anyone considering a celebrant, look no further. Guests have given me so much feedback on how lovely and unique that they thought our ceremony was, and it wouldn't have been as perfect if it weren't for Alisa!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kristin D

Working with Alisa was a truly great experience. We really wanted a personal and intimate ceremony and that's exactly what we got! The ceremony was perfect and was very "us" and so many people said it was the best ceremony they've ever seen. It was so easy working with Alisa,... Read More too. She crafted an amazing ceremony out of our story and really made everyone feel part of the experience. We definitely recommend Alisa 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Nicole R

Alisa is the best! This summer she crafted the most perfect baby blessing ceremony to welcome our son and to celebrate his first year. Alisa was super helpful in guiding and offering suggestions while we were writing our vows; sifting through thoughts and emotions expounding on... Read More this first year with our new baby. The ceremony was more than we ever thought it could be. There wasn't a dry eye when she commissioned our 12 year old son to be a guiding example and we loved the way she incorporated each of our guests to participate in the blessing. She is detail orientated, energetic, passionate and super creative. We only wish we would have had her for our wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Stefany P

Where can we even begin to tell you what it meant to have Alisa as our celebrant for our wedding? Alisa went far and beyond anything we could have imagine! It really felt as if you were our safe haven in the middle of all the wonderful chaos. Alisa’s calm energy was able to keep... Read More us relaxed and focused, it truly felt as if we had our longtime closest friend providing us support; it was hard to believe it was only our second time seeing her! There is just something so wonderful about Alisa that allows her to make an instant connection and instantly make you feel comfortable around her. Alisa was able to capture our love story in such a beautiful way it allowed our loved ones to get an inside look at our relationship. As a same sex couple I was partially concerned about my mother’s reaction because she has had a difficult time accepting our relationship. I’m certain that hearing the beautiful ceremony has actually helped my mother come to terms with my relationship and understand the depth our love for one another. After our beautiful ceremony, every single person had something wonderful and positive to say about Alisa! Alisa also helped us by suggesting a couple of beautiful traditions such as the ring blessing and the honey kiss. In our cultures, these traditions are not common and had she not walked us through the process and what they entail I think we truly would have missed out from something very special.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 maria h

Words were do very little justice in describing how truly grateful we were to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Our ceremony was pure magic. Working with Alisa, from start to finish, was extraordinary, and our ceremony was by far the highlight of our entire wedding... Read More celebration. The process of sharing our love story with Alisa, as well as selecting specific ceremony rituals had such an impact on my husband and me. As many know, creating your perfect wedding can be intense and stressful, and we both agreed that this part of the planning made it all worth while. Alisa is a beautiful soul, with an aura about her that is unmatched. She speaks in a way that you can't help but be drawn to every single thing she says. And she listens! She heard every detail of our love story, and relayed it to our family and friends so elegantly. Even the most traditional (and strict religious) guests of ours agreed she created the most beautiful and memorable ceremony for us. A vow renewal was never something my husband and I considered doing, and now we are looking to celebrate every wonderful life moment with Alisa by our side.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Ruby P

I don't know where to begin but first of all Alisa is amazing! Our ceremony wouldn't have been as special as it was without her. She took her time to get to know us and capture our love story in a very special way. The way she told our love story made me have flashback and felt... Read More like I was living it all over again. Also for the ceremony you get to choose a ceremony element, my wife and I did the honey kiss where we put honey on each others lips and seal our love with a sweet kiss. I loved it and it definitely was a sweet first kiss. I can't thank her enough for all her hard work and dedication she will honestly go above and beyond to make your special day perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Anna C

I can not say enough amazing things about Alisa. I knew I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful.... an expression of our love and for it to be personal. I came across Alisa's page by searching for non religious officiants. From the moment I first connected with her, I knew she... Read More was just the vibe we were going for. She was warm and sweet and had a calming way about her. She sent me and my fiancé questionnaires to fill out and send back, not knowing what each other had written. From there, Alisa wrote the most beautiful and touching ceremony. We went back and forth a few times on edits, and in the end, I knew we had something really special. At the ceremony, Alisa was dressed so beautifully! She really made an effort to fit in with our theme and I really appreciated it. I loved listening to her tell our love story, her voice was so calming and assuring. Even though I'd read our final draft of the ceremony, it sounded so lovely coming from her. We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Many people said they had never heard anything like it and that they loved hearing our story. Overall, it felt so intimate and personal and I was thrilled to have chosen Alisa as our officiant. She is a remarkable person and did an amazing job. Book her ASAP for a beautiful, personalized and special ceremony built around the love between you and your partner. She is the best!!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Ellen R

My husband and I decided to elope in the Pocono Mtn area. I found Alisa and her property, Promise Ridge. If you are looking for a unique, romantic, personalized ceremony and space, she's it! She was so accommodating to all of our needs and requests. We planned our wedding in... Read More a short 13 days and she made it feel as if we had spent a year planning. I walked down a snowy, candlelit aisle to my husband on Promise Ridge. It was absolutely stunning. I can't emphasize enough how personal, intimate and romantic she made the setting and ceremony. It was PERFECT! She also helped fix my dress disaster moments before walking down the aisle!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Erica C

It’s not often you say this about people you encounter, but Alisa truly is born to do what she does. She truly is gifted at capturing the love and personalities of those she weds, not to mention she is a genuinely kind and authentic person. When you work with Alisa, you’ll be... Read More pleased to see that her focus is on the bond between two people. Her work and suggestions for ceremony is based on this, allowing the true color and character of those she works with to shine through unadulterated. She’s a gifted writer and storyteller with undeniable skill. We will always remember Alisa not only for the beautiful ceremony she performed for us, but for the absolutely critical part she played in the most important and wonderful day of our lives. Her recommendations and patient guidance allowed for each us to be calm and focus on the moment we were about to share with each other. There were no distractions leading up to the big day. For our “micro wedding” comprised of immediate family (dogs included!) we really got more than we ever could have expected. And for this, we will always remember Alisa. It truly is incredible that despite just having worked with Alisa for a brief amount of time we will remember her as vividly and fondly as anyone we will ever encounter together.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Casey P

Alisa was amazing! Our ceremony was simple, sweet and personal- exactly what we were hoping for! She sent out couples questionnaires and used many of our funny stories and also words we used to describe one another in the ceremony. We had a small, intimate ceremony in our... Read More living room and I wanted an officiant that was warm and inviting. She is very genuine and down to earth, perfect for the feel of our wedding. Thank you Alisa!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Mackenzie W

Choosing Alisa to be your celebrant should be one of the easiest decisions you make in wedding planning. I found her consistently glowing reviews online and then watched some videos of her ceremonies and was so blown away by her presence that I never really considered anyone... Read More else. Our guests all told us how special they thought our ceremony was, and that they never knew a wedding ceremony could be so interesting and tailor-made for the couple. If you’re looking for a unique ceremony and want it to be a memorable part of your wedding day, you can find no one better than Alisa. The process of creating your ceremony is relatively easy and she’ll help you get whatever traditions you want included. She’s much better than having a friend be your celebrant because she’s a professional, and can provide unwavering support during the planning process and the day of (and also give honeymoon tips if you’re going to Hawaii). I would encourage everyone to at least schedule a time to talk with Alisa and I think you’ll find the decision to book her as your celebrant will be an easy one after you confirm that the amazing presence she has shines even on skype!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kelsey R

Alisa was the celebrant for our wedding on November 19th of this year. To say she was fantastic would be an understatement. Alisa was absolutely wonderful. She is genuine, bubbly, and personable. From the very start of this whole process (which we began months and months... Read More before our wedding) she has been so great to work with. She’s been extremely responsive when it comes to answering emails and questions, which has definitely not been the case with all of our vendors. When my husband and I decided that we wanted to add in a glass ceremony she was flexible and even called me with a suggestion for a local glass blower that we could contact! The ceremony itself was so unique and personable. I can’t even count how many people came up to us afterwards and said they loved it – and everyone loved different parts of it! There were so many little touches that made it special, and we have Alisa to thank for it all. She was truly an integral part of our wedding day, and we are so thankful that we decided to have her write and perform our ceremony.

Alisa Tongg

Alisa loves her role as a Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples.