Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples

Alisa's specialty is crafting wedding ceremonies from scratch and performing them for couples who want an inspired, distinct story to be the centerpiece of their wedding.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

Philadelphia, PA Serving PA, NY, NJ (570) 369-3955

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Stewart S

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her... Read More custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-) When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :) Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :) xo Stewart & Eduardo

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kim S

My husband and I got married on December 31, 2017. There are really no words to describe how amazing Alisa is. My husband (Catholic) and I (Jewish) knew a purely religious ceremony was not what we wanted - We wanted something special, something unique that also included some... Read More religious aspects from both Catholicism and Judaism. Boy, did Alisa deliver. When she sent us the first draft of our ceremony, tears were rolling down our cheeks. She got us. Having never met us before, Alisa perfectly put into words our love story and silly quirks. After a few emails back and forth, Alisa tweaked our ceremony to make it just right. On the day of the wedding, Alisa came early and spent the day running around with us, talking to us, and getting to know us more in person. Being with her was so easy - Alisa is so welcoming and has such a warm personality, and having such a kind, personable person be a huge part of our wedding day was so special to us. The actual ceremony was absolutely magnificent. We laughed, we cried. Our guests laughed and cried, and when the ceremony was over, I cannot even count how many people said this exact quote: “We’ve been to many, many weddings before, and this was hands down the best ceremony we’ve ever seen.” We had a few friends ask us how long it took us to write the ceremony. When we told them we didn’t – that Alisa did – they were shocked. People kept saying that “she literally wrote it to sound like how the two of you talk to each other.” Her ceremony was simply “us” down to the very last detail. My husband and I cannot recommend Alisa more. To be plain and simple, Alisa is an amazing storyteller who is a pleasure to work with. She is everything I hoped for in a celebrant. If you are looking to have an unforgettable wedding ceremony, look no further. Alisa is the full package: creative, unique, professional, dependable, and, most of all, fun! Five stars (but if there were more stars, we’d give her those, too!)

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Teddi S

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling a little bit to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married somewhere along the way. We had contacted a... Read More few vendors to no avail when our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know getting married in the future, without a doubt.

Reviewed on 3/05/2018 Kristine L

I cannot begin to describe how special Alisa made our wedding ceremony. We booked her less than a week out and she still managed to put together the most incredible, thoughtful, intimate ceremony that left our parents and us in awe. Do yourself a favor and go with Alisa. She's a... Read More pro, she's lovely to work with, and she will elevate the ceremony and bring it to the next level.

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Janae D

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing our experience with Alisa was. We didn't have a celebrant for most of our engagement, and finding Alisa was hands down our biggest blessing. We had no idea how to go about finding someone to marry us, because... Read More almost every wedding we had been to up to ours was in a church, or had a friend or judge marry them. After speaking with Alisa for the first time, we knew she would be perfect, and that's before the winter storm hit the afternoon of our wedding. She traveled most of the day to get to us, and was so professional and sweet about staying in contact with us all day to give updates. There is no other way either of us would have wished to get married. Her ceremony is beyond personal, and everyone in the room truly felt as if she had known us forever. Alisa, you were a dream come true for our wedding, and I could not sing your praises more! We love you!

Reviewed on 2/28/2018 Lauren L

Amazing experience with Alisa!! Where do I start? We couldn't be happier that we hired Alisa to perform our ceremony! We aren't religious and didn't have any obvious choices on who could/would marry us. At first we weren't that worried about the ceremony (since a lot of times... Read More it's usually the part people want to get over with to get to the party), but then I found Alisa and cried while watching the videos she is in performing ceremonies. No one we found while searching could compare to her, and all of a sudden we realized just how important the ceremony is! It shouldn't be something you just rush through. It's the WHOLE point of everyone being there—The two of you getting married! Alisa made our ceremony so beautiful and every person we talked to at the wedding commented on how amazing and perfect it was. People cried happy tears and laughed at the tiny jokes and moments that perfect matched my husband and myself. That's how it should be! One of my friends described it as "so us!" and another one of my friend's said it was one of the few weddings he's attended where you could truly feel how in love we are. I guarantee part of that was because of Alisa and her telling our story so beautifully. Do yourself a favor and hire her! The ceremony was truly my favorite part of our wedding (and our reception was pretty awesome if I do say so myself), because it was just so meaningful and personal. I'll remember it forever, and part of that is because we invested in Alisa and having something special that completely celebrated us getting married. It also makes the ceremony way more entertaining and meaningful to your guests! I promise you won't regret hiring this amazing lady (who also happens to have seriously awesome fashion sense). She's the best of the best and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Carrie F

We are 5 months post wedding and we STILL are talking about Alisa. The story she tells is what weddings should be about- the couple, the people they love, the past and the present. It was almost like she floated in like a fairy God Mother and with such grace she took on pinning... Read More our nephews boutenieres on, and took care of little details that were so important in the scheme of things. Alisa was a presence you didn’t realize you needed. She was the glue that made our ceremony stick with our guests and was insanely eloquent in deliving our story. From the first meeting with Alisa we knew this was going to be magical and it was nothing short of that. We can’t thank you enough Alisa, we are so happy you were such an integral part of our big day.

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Kristin J

Alisa is AMAZING! I will be the first to admit that I did not appreciate what an important role the celebrant/officiant plays in a wedding until we met Alisa. My (now) husband was really into the idea of having a personalized ceremony and I went along with it (but kind of... Read More thought that all ceremonies are created equal). Boy was I wrong! We were planning to interview a few different people but as soon as we talked to Alisa on the phone we engaged her on the spot! She takes a wedding ceremony to an entirely new level. She gave us really detailed questionnaires to fill out and was really able to capture the essence of our relationship and what made us "us". When we read the first draft we were completely blown away - it was like she'd known us for years and we hadn't even met her in person! We had a "micro wedding" (a term we learned from Alisa) and she was also instrumental in coming up with special ways to get everyone in attendance involved in the ceremony itself - she even helped me figure out where our ceremony should be located and what time of day in order to make sure the candle lighting portion had the desired effect! Way above and beyond. The minute she arrived on our wedding day we felt like we'd known her for years - she jumped right in fixing boutonnieres and rearranging the ceremony chairs! She even let me pick what she was going to wear! Additionally, she gave us a transcript of the ceremony which is a very meaningful keepsake. I would HIGHLY recommend Alisa - no matter what type of wedding you are having, she will be amazing. Don't think twice!

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Dan H

We spoke with a lot of Philly-area wedding officiants before making the decision to work with Alisa, and we ended up being so happy with our decision. Alisa created a thoughtful ceremony that was reflective of our relationship and the celebration we were hoping to have. She's... Read More prepared with suggestions when you're stuck on how to handle any aspect of your wedding, but never pushes her thoughts above your own. We were so happy with the end product and her ability to get us to there. Many of our guests commented on great the ceremony was and wondered how long we know the celebrant and from where; Alisa is able to connect with others seemingly with such ease that it was a shock to some of our guests that we had only been on contact with her for a few months! Our ceremony was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, and we're so glad we trusted Alisa to create something memorable for us.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Dan S

Quite simply, Alisa was the perfect celebrant for our day. More than half of all compliments we received from our guests specifically noted how amazing Alisa's ceremony was and we couldn't agree more. With just a couple phone calls and one survey for me and one from my husband,... Read More Alisa was able to develop a program that was true to who we are as a couple and how we wanted to connect with our friends and family that day. To put it another way, if you're looking for a best friend, sibling, cousin or other relative to officiate your wedding ceremony but can't find the right fit, Alisa is the answer you're looking for.

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Harper S

Alisa was an amazing celebrant! We were so happy with the beautiful ceremony she wrote for our wedding. We very much enjoyed the collaborative process, and the result was amazing - many of our guests commented on how moving our personalized ceremony was. Alisa went above and... Read More beyond to make sure our rehearsal ran smoothly, which made the day-of logistics much easier. Alisa also worked well with our wedding planner and other vendors, which we appreciated. We were so happy to work with her!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Janet L

We just got married two weeks ago and Alisa brought so much warmth and character into our ceremony. It was truly a memorable experience. The outpour of love from our friends and family made it more valid. She even held the attention of our 4 year old niece - memorizing Alisa's... Read More quote about "keeping your heart open to each other." From our first interaction to the day of our wedding, Alisa made it feel like we were catching up with an old friend and made the whole experience very easy for 2 hustling New Yorkers. Alisa isn't an ordinary officiant, she didn't just arrive to tell our story but did so by making a long lasting impression. She makes an effort to truly connect and is also a helping hand. Our wedding day was wildly cold and a few of our first-look photos were held outside, Alisa came along to wrap me with her own shawl during breaks and breathed into my hands to stop me from shivering. I'm grateful for that act of kindness. Alisa has a true passion for her craftsmanship in celebrating love and storytelling. She helped make the ceremony unique and ever lasting. I hope every engaged couple, long distant or local, has an opportunity to work with Alisa!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Allison F

My husband and I have nothing but positive things to say about Wyndridge. The location itself is absolutely stunning. Let's start at the beginning of the day. Getting ready in the beautiful and cozy bridal suite was a DREAM. The pub room was perfect for the guys. And the food... Read More provided for lunch was delicious. The outside ceremony site is truly something out of a fairy tale. Due to weather, we weren't able to utilize that for our ceremony, but the barn transformed into a warm and welcoming location for us. That brings me to the INCREDIBLE staff at Wyndridge. Shayla was very responsive and helpful during the entire planning period. She was also extremely accommodating, and made the whole process very easy. Our day of coordinator, Hillary, was absolutely lovely. As I mentioned, we had some bad weather and had to change plans rather last minute. She remained calm and handled everything smoothly and efficiently. We had a slight miscommunication regarding the bar, but again, it was handled so quickly and smoothly that it was not an issue at all. From start to finish, the staff at Wyndridge was truly fantastic. Regarding the food and the drink -- WONDERFUL! Our guests were raving about the beer and cider, and they loved the food. We've received so many compliments on the food, the drink and the very cool atmosphere of the venue. Wyndridge truly helped to make our wedding dreams come true. We highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Kaitlyn W

Wyndridge is an amazing venue! We got married there this summer and couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. From beginning to end, everything was organized and a smooth process thanks to Shayla. Shayla was extremely helpful and always quick to respond with any questions... Read More we may have had. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! Cannot tell you how many compliments we received. Food and drinks were also fantastic. We live an hour away, so anytime we had a meeting, we would always stay to eat at the restaurant because we enjoyed it so much! We used a lot of their preferred vendors and couldn't have been more happy with the outcome. The day of staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. Cannot recommend this venue enough! Thank You Wyndridge Farms for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Julia N

When my husband and I got engaged last December I knew exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the prettiest, most rustic and chic barn I could find. And I didn't want any of the hassle that usually comes with a barn venue... aka bathroom rentals, booking lots of outside... Read More vendors, temperature control, etc. Once I found Wyndridge Farm on the Knot.com I knew I had found OUR venue. The process with Wyndridge Farm was nothing short of amazing. The first thing I loved about Wyndridge Farm is that they handle almost everything for you! It's a restaurant / bar so both the food and drinks can be done in house. The barn is attached to a gorgeous newly built restaurant with all of the accommodations you could ever want for your guests. The only additional vendors I needed to book included a photographer, florist, DJ, and bakery. Of course they had lots of recommendations for these vendors to choose from. Shayla Button our coordinator was professional, kind, organized and so helpful. I am a pretty organized person, but it was extremely valuable to have her as a resource. When I thought I was completely prepared, she would ask me questions that would lead to additional items to tackle to make sure our special day was perfect. Now lets talk about the day of our wedding. IT WAS PERFECT. The suite where we all got ready was clean and comfy. The food we ordered was delicious. The staff was kind, professional and very attentive. And I don't think there is a more beautiful setting for a wedding! I'm not kidding.. we had dozens of our guests tell us that it was the most beautiful venue and wedding they had every attended. All in all, I couldn't be more happy with Wyndridge Farm as our wedding venue. And Shayla was an amazing day-of coordinator! You won't go wrong choosing Wyndridge Farm!!!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Abby B

I wasn't expecting a perfect wedding, but I can't think of one thing that went wrong. One thing I didn't realize came with the deal was a day-of coordinator who also helps with the rehearsal. Our coordinator Hilary was phenomenal. She focused on every little detail, from... Read More transferring the bouquets from the ceremony to the reception to accommodating the things we forgot until last minute. Shayla was great to work with planning the logistics beforehand. She was very responsive, friendly, and made the planning process as easy as possible. The catering staff was awesome as well! The venue itself is stunning. I highly recommend Wyndridge as a wedding location.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Jena R

Wyndridge really made our wedding perfect. The setting was down-to-earth but whimsical, the perfect backdrop for our pictures. The food was delicious. Shayla especially was on top of everything, during the entire process and made sure I had everything I needed. They were... Read More encouraging and helpful without being overbearing, and the day went very smoothly for all our loved ones. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Meredith F

Shayla was sooooo amazing!!!!! She is very organized, accommodating, and very easy to talk to! We are still so in love with this venue and Shayla and her wonderful staff!!!! The food was out of this world, the venue was stunning, it was a dream!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Katie S

We had an absolutely perfect experience. We are not local to the area and Shayla was so accommodating; the whole process went so smoothly, even from 4 hours away. We truly never felt the stress that is so common with planning a wedding. Everything came together beautifully and... Read More Hilary, our wedding day coordinator, was equally as amazing. Honestly, we can't think of anything that went wrong, not even small little glitches. We had just an all-around perfect experience.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Emma L

This was the first venue we visited and by the time we got to the next place we realized we already had our heart set on Wyndridge. Since our wedding in September 2017, we've had many compliments on the food, drinks, and beautiful location. While all of those aspects were... Read More undeniably amazing, Wyndridge's staff was what really made our day unforgettable. Shayla, the wedding coordinator, had us sold after the very first meeting. We came to her with visions of having a slightly non-traditional reception and she fully embraced it. She held our hands throughout the entire planning process, helped us brainstorm ways to calm anxious mothers, and went out of her way to get us a day that was totally our style! Eve, Ely, and really anyone we came into contact with during our wedding day (including bartenders, waiters, and even the guys who close up at the end of the night) were nothing but professional. There were several instances in which staff once again went out of their way to make sure our day was perfect. The day after our wedding, my husband and I were in total awe of how perfectly everything had unfolded. Throughout the planning process I had been warned to expect at least one thing to go wrong the day of the wedding but that time honestly never came and I can confidently attribute much of that to Wyndridge and their fantastic staff!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Erin M

We had our wedding here 12/2/17. The whole day went so perfectly. Shayla was responsive and helpful, and was able to answer any questions or requests within a day or so while planning and up through the week of. Eve was our Day-Of Coordinator, and was great. Although there may... Read More have been a few issues throughout the night, Eve handled them so discreetly and quickly that I didn't even realize anything had happened until it was over. The property is beautiful, the inside space is beautiful, and our guests were all amazed at how good the venue looked. They also could not stop raving about the food. One of the reasons we picked Wyndridge was because they cater their own events. It was pricier than outsourcing catering for another venue, but this made the process so much less stressful. The food was delicious, and Camille, who was the floor manager for the night of our wedding was so helpful. They even packed up all the extra food for us to take home. Can't say enough good things about this venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Catherine D

When we started searching for a celebrant, we knew we wanted someone who could create a unique ceremony for our intimate wedding. From the moment we first talked to Alisa about our vision, we felt at ease and even more excited for our big day. She is a true artist. Alisa crafted... Read More a personal, romantic ceremony expertly telling our love story, our sacred vows and our hopes for the future. She listened to and incorporated the items that were important to us: that our guests truly be present for the ceremony (no phones) and that we say meaningful vows not only to each other but also my husband's son (the vows were beautiful). She even included a nod to my career by incorporating a quote from a supreme court case. Her attention to detail and thoughtfulness are unparalleled. Alisa truly went above and beyond to make our day spectacular. We will always have our precious wedding ceremony script as a keepsake and reminder. Alisa also helped calm my nerves on our wedding day. Thank you again for making our wedding so special. xo

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Felicia K

From the moment I first saw Alisa’s website after browsing Theknot I knew I had to have her for my special day! My gut feeling was spot on! She was exceptionally helpful from start to finish! Alisa was very responsive to all of our questions and concerns and helped us through... Read More our journey. She showed up extra early for the ceremony and took amazing photos of us and family during our first look. We were also being eaten alive while taking photos by the water and she saved the day after running to find bug spray! Alisa also lent me her gorgeous leopard coat when I started to get cold and captured some memorable photos. I can’t begin to say enough about her and neither can my family. Everyone was pleasantly surprised with the ceremony which was emotional, funny, and unique. If your looking for a fabulous, kind hearted, professional officiant look no further. I will continue to rave about her to everyone for years and years! Thank you Alisa for starting off my forever in the most memorable way! XO

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Lauren Kelly G

Words escape me when I think back to our big day on 11/4/17. When planning our wedding, we knew that the ceremony was our number one priority and choosing Alisa to not only marry us, but also share our love story with our friends & family, was the best decision we could have... Read More made. Alisa is much more than just an officiant - she is a fantastic storyteller who has a way with words that sets the tone for the rest of your wedding celebration (she even helped coordinate a quick fix for a botched table assignment minutes before things kicked off). Alisa is one of a kind, and she will make sure your wedding is too!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Samantha W

I first met Alisa a year before my wedding when she was the officiant at my best friend’s wedding. I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect their ceremony was weeks/months afterward. I knew I had to have her at mine as well. My husband (who isn’t fazed by anything) agreed that... Read More Alisa would be the PERFECT fit for our wedding day. We wanted something personal, a story written about our love and our life. And that is exactly what Alisa did. She worked with us from the very beginning on our ceremony. It was actually really fun to fill out the questionnaire she sent us because it allowed us to dig deeper and really think about our relationship. Our big day finally arrived and I remember seeing Alisa appear out of nowhere while we were taking pictures. She had a huge smile on her face and she was walking around scoping out the ceremony space. She hung around and chatted for a bit and then went inside to hang with the bridal party. Finally, it was ceremony time. Alisa handles herself with such grace and poise. She is a true professional and you can clearly see how much she loves what she does. Alisa brought so much joy, happiness, tears and laughter to our ceremony. It was better than I could’ve ever imagined. It’s now over a month since our wedding day and I am still having people tell me what an amazing, unique, personalized ceremony it was. Everyone said they have never been to a wedding ceremony like that before and they left learning so much about us as a couple. We can’t thank Alisa enough for her role in our big day. She made it so memorable for us. Alisa, you are one of the most down to earth, genuine human beings I have ever come across and I want to get married again (to the same husband ) and have you there doing your thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Alisa Tongg

Alisa loves her role as a Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples.