Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples

Alisa's specialty is crafting wedding ceremonies from scratch and performing them for couples who want an inspired, distinct story to be the centerpiece of their wedding.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony

Philadelphia, PA Serving PA, NY, NJ (570) 369-3955

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Stewart S

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her... Read More custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-) When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :) Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :) xo Stewart & Eduardo

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kim S

My husband and I got married on December 31, 2017. There are really no words to describe how amazing Alisa is. My husband (Catholic) and I (Jewish) knew a purely religious ceremony was not what we wanted - We wanted something special, something unique that also included some... Read More religious aspects from both Catholicism and Judaism. Boy, did Alisa deliver. When she sent us the first draft of our ceremony, tears were rolling down our cheeks. She got us. Having never met us before, Alisa perfectly put into words our love story and silly quirks. After a few emails back and forth, Alisa tweaked our ceremony to make it just right. On the day of the wedding, Alisa came early and spent the day running around with us, talking to us, and getting to know us more in person. Being with her was so easy - Alisa is so welcoming and has such a warm personality, and having such a kind, personable person be a huge part of our wedding day was so special to us. The actual ceremony was absolutely magnificent. We laughed, we cried. Our guests laughed and cried, and when the ceremony was over, I cannot even count how many people said this exact quote: “We’ve been to many, many weddings before, and this was hands down the best ceremony we’ve ever seen.” We had a few friends ask us how long it took us to write the ceremony. When we told them we didn’t – that Alisa did – they were shocked. People kept saying that “she literally wrote it to sound like how the two of you talk to each other.” Her ceremony was simply “us” down to the very last detail. My husband and I cannot recommend Alisa more. To be plain and simple, Alisa is an amazing storyteller who is a pleasure to work with. She is everything I hoped for in a celebrant. If you are looking to have an unforgettable wedding ceremony, look no further. Alisa is the full package: creative, unique, professional, dependable, and, most of all, fun! Five stars (but if there were more stars, we’d give her those, too!)

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Teddi S

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling a little bit to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married somewhere along the way. We had contacted a... Read More few vendors to no avail when our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know getting married in the future, without a doubt.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Felicia K

From the moment I first saw Alisa’s website after browsing Theknot I knew I had to have her for my special day! My gut feeling was spot on! She was exceptionally helpful from start to finish! Alisa was very responsive to all of our questions and concerns and helped us through... Read More our journey. She showed up extra early for the ceremony and took amazing photos of us and family during our first look. We were also being eaten alive while taking photos by the water and she saved the day after running to find bug spray! Alisa also lent me her gorgeous leopard coat when I started to get cold and captured some memorable photos. I can’t begin to say enough about her and neither can my family. Everyone was pleasantly surprised with the ceremony which was emotional, funny, and unique. If your looking for a fabulous, kind hearted, professional officiant look no further. I will continue to rave about her to everyone for years and years! Thank you Alisa for starting off my forever in the most memorable way! XO

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Lauren Kelly G

Words escape me when I think back to our big day on 11/4/17. When planning our wedding, we knew that the ceremony was our number one priority and choosing Alisa to not only marry us, but also share our love story with our friends & family, was the best decision we could have... Read More made. Alisa is much more than just an officiant - she is a fantastic storyteller who has a way with words that sets the tone for the rest of your wedding celebration (she even helped coordinate a quick fix for a botched table assignment minutes before things kicked off). Alisa is one of a kind, and she will make sure your wedding is too!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Samantha W

I first met Alisa a year before my wedding when she was the officiant at my best friend’s wedding. I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect their ceremony was weeks/months afterward. I knew I had to have her at mine as well. My husband (who isn’t fazed by anything) agreed that... Read More Alisa would be the PERFECT fit for our wedding day. We wanted something personal, a story written about our love and our life. And that is exactly what Alisa did. She worked with us from the very beginning on our ceremony. It was actually really fun to fill out the questionnaire she sent us because it allowed us to dig deeper and really think about our relationship. Our big day finally arrived and I remember seeing Alisa appear out of nowhere while we were taking pictures. She had a huge smile on her face and she was walking around scoping out the ceremony space. She hung around and chatted for a bit and then went inside to hang with the bridal party. Finally, it was ceremony time. Alisa handles herself with such grace and poise. She is a true professional and you can clearly see how much she loves what she does. Alisa brought so much joy, happiness, tears and laughter to our ceremony. It was better than I could’ve ever imagined. It’s now over a month since our wedding day and I am still having people tell me what an amazing, unique, personalized ceremony it was. Everyone said they have never been to a wedding ceremony like that before and they left learning so much about us as a couple. We can’t thank Alisa enough for her role in our big day. She made it so memorable for us. Alisa, you are one of the most down to earth, genuine human beings I have ever come across and I want to get married again (to the same husband ) and have you there doing your thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Wesley E

Alisa was absolutely incredible. She was a part of our love story and ceremony just as much as we were. She included our guests, spoke from the heart and delivered what many have told us the most unique, thoughtful and emotional ceremony they had ever heard. We cannot put into... Read More words the feelings experienced during the ceremony and the hours there after. An incredible night which began with an incredible love story told by Alisa, who took the time and energy to get to know us as much as possible. Thank You!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Melissa R

There aren't enough stars for the kinds of ceremonies Alisa performs. My fiancee and I were engaged last year in October, and Alisa was the first officiant we found online. All of her reviews were amazing, and we just knew after the first Skype meeting that she and Promise... Read More Ridge, were going to be the perfect fit for us. She listened to all of the details of our relationship and really brought our story to life in her own words. I cannot begin to describe how wonderful she was to work with right from start to finish. Even with some last minute changes (we sadly had to say goodbye to our beloved golden retriever who was supposed to be part of our day), she still managed to perform an amazing ceremony that will remember for the rest of our lives. Not to mention the stunning space she provides!! The views are breathtaking and the small guest bedroom she has available made it perfect for us to get ready before our big day. The entire experience was very relaxed, comfortable and I would HIGHLY recommend her for anyone who is looking to elope or have a micro wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexandra C

When I first met Alisa at a wedding expo (Lovesick expo), my now husband and I were captivated. Not only by her radiating/joyous glow, but by her experience and compassion. We skyped with Alisa various times before the wedding and filled out a lengthy questionnaire in order... Read More for her to get to truly know us. She incorporated all of that information into our wedding in such a special "love story you only see in the movies" type of way. When we met with Alisa, we discussed that we would like our wedding to be non-denominational, but with Jewish customs and traditions. We also requested that we wanted our ceremony to be very personal, as we wanted the guests to understand our story. Alisa really came through with all of our requests. There was not a dry eye in the house (all happy tears)! After the ceremony, each guest went up to me and told me how unbelievable the ceremony was and it was the best ceremony they witnessed. One guest said, "Your officiant was able to get into the hearts of every guest and make them believe in love again". I can't thank Alisa enough for everything she has done for us. She made our wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Erica E

It is rare to encounter someone that you feel like you’ve known for years despite only meeting in person once. That’s exactly how it was for my husband and I with Alisa. Despite only communicating through Skype, email, and phone, meeting Alisa on our wedding day felt like... Read More reconnecting with an old friend. Our family and friends asked us the same question over and over: “How long have you known Alisa?” Alisa’s warm personality is infectious; she brings a calm, soothing presence to a day of high emotions. It’s hard to imagine a more elegant figure presiding over your wedding vows on your big day. Alisa is the picture of professionalism from start to end. She is helpful and responsive in the time leading up to the wedding, and she is poised on the day of, ready to deliver a beautiful, intimate, and loving ceremony. Alisa helped my husband and I realize our vision for our perfect ceremony at the Down Town Club. She really went above and beyond; when she heard that we were going to Maui for our honeymoon (where she grew up), she spoke to us on the phone for over an hour one Saturday morning just telling us about some of her favorite spots on the island. We had a ball going to see the places that she recommended and felt a connection to her from sharing in some of these special memories in her life. We felt so grateful for her sincerity and to have such a beautiful person marry us. Thank you so much, Alisa!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Amanda R

There truly are no words to describe just how wonderful Alisa is! My husband and I were married on September 8th, 2017 in New Hope, PA, and were looking for a celebrant who would provide a non-religious ceremony that was both personal and beautiful. Enter Alisa. From the moment... Read More my then-fiance and I chatted with Alisa via Skype to discuss our vision for the day, we knew that we were in good hands with her. She is an incredibly warm person with a calm energy that really helped to relax my nerves on the big day. Alisa tailored the ceremony to us and our love story, and brought the guests to tears. When I was feeling a little lightheaded during the ceremony, I whispered "I need water" to Alisa, and just like magic, she was able to seamlessly make that happen without causing any interruptions. Most of the guests did not even notice this exchange! My husband and I had guests coming up to us throughout the rest of the night raving about the ceremony, saying how much they loved how personal and intimate it felt. We heard quite a few "best ceremony I've ever seen"s as well! Overall, we cannot recommend or thank Alisa enough after giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you, Alisa!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Leigh G

Alisa - Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so special. You captured our feelings for each other so beautifully. Your knowledge of both Christian and Jewish traditions helped us blend our cultures and make both families feel included in a way we never could have... Read More imagined!!! You have a true gift Alisa, you translated the love we feel into words. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we found you on Instagram!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book Alisa NOW. Best decision we made. Xx Leigh and Steve

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 N&D N

If there was one word to describe Alisa, both as a person and as a celebrant, that would be "Amazing". She made our day not only extra special for us, but special for the guests as well. She was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable right from the start. All of our guests,... Read More including ourselves, were blown away by the set up at Promise Ridge. Alisa crafted our ceremony perfectly and made it very intimate and personal and added some humor in there as well. Working with Alisa was truly a great experience and we hope to work with her again sometime in the future. We definitely recommend Alisa 110%!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Brigitte H

My husband and I wanted a very personal ceremony from someone who knew us. Unfortunately, when none of our friends our family were able to perform our ceremony, we decided to hire the next best person--Alisa. We got so many compliments on the customized and personalized ceremony... Read More she constructed for us. Guests were blown away when they discovered that we didn't actually know her prior to getting married. They loved what she said, how she said it, and also her look--so stylish! When my husband and I ran into a little snag, she worked hard to come up with a solution that would make everyone happy. I would definitely recommend Alisa if you're looking for an intimate ceremony that you and your guests will cherish.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Aviva I

Alisa is simply the best. She crafted our ceremony just for us according to our wants and needs, made it personal, and made everyone laugh. My mom later said that she was surprised at herself by how moved she was. We had our ceremony at Alisa's property, Promise Ridge. The... Read More backdrop was completely stunning. The weather was perfect, and the lovingly adorned Living Wall was just absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was simple and perfect, and so us. Alisa also was there for us 100% leading up to the wedding - she is a veritable fount of information when it comes to area vendors, and helped us choose a dinner location that you would not find on Google. It was my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Andrea J

Alisa was incredibly amazing in every aspect possible! We found her because of The Knot and instantly knew she was the celebrant for us based on her website. After our first Skype conversation, we knew she had to be our celebrant! We chose to get married at her elopement site,... Read More Promise Ridge, and she offered us the best recommendations for other vendors. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and I truly feel that a large portion of that was due to the amazing recommendations (photographer and reception site) from Alisa. The ceremony that she wrote for us was phenomenal. She made our love story come alive for our guests and it felt as though I was reliving our entire relationship as she spoke. The ceremony was heartfelt and personal and our guests raved about it the entire night. I would recommend Alisa to anyone in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Ed U

We were looking to have a very small wedding in a natural setting, but didn't really know anyone who had done this themselves and so it was difficult to find what we wanted. My now wife happened to find Alisa while searching online and saw the photos of her Living Wall. It... Read More looked like just the thing. It turned out to be even nicer than we expected! Beautiful scenery and a quiet, secluded space in the trees. Alisa was terrific and so helpful with the whole process. We couldn't have been happier with the ceremony. She even recommended a great photographer. Just a terrific experience.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Kailer R

If I could give Alisa Tongg a ten star rating I would. As soon as I met her it felt like I've known her for years! She officiated my vow renewal at her beautiful location Promise Ridge (which is completely indescribable and surpassed all of my expectations for an outdoor... Read More elopement/vow renewal) She told our story so beautifully. The atmosphere that she created for us made me feel like I was in a different world or dreaming!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Connie S

From start to finish, our experience with Alisa has been ah-mazing! She is super warm and inviting and open to any and all suggestions to ceremony ideas! We envisioned a non-traditional, non-religious ceremony.. and boy did she deliver! Everyone could not stop raving about our... Read More ceremony! I would recommend Alisa 1,000x over!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Denise R

Alisa is amazing!! From our first meeting, we knew she was the perfect person to tell our love story. She easily put into words our love we could not find the words to describe. She made our family and friends part of our ceremony which we will treasure forever. She made our... Read More special day more amazing then we could have ever imagined! Thank you so very much Alisa!!! We love you!! We will recommend you to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Corinne M

Alisa has such incredible talent and elegance that only someone who interacts with her will get to see. My husband and I had the privilege of having Alisa write our love story from the time we were in high school up until present day. I could not have asked for a more perfect... Read More rendition filled with multi-cultural details. She is very accommodating and filled with brilliant ideas. It certainly does't hurt that she is gorgeous as well. Anyone considering a celebrant, look no further. Guests have given me so much feedback on how lovely and unique that they thought our ceremony was, and it wouldn't have been as perfect if it weren't for Alisa!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kristin D

Working with Alisa was a truly great experience. We really wanted a personal and intimate ceremony and that's exactly what we got! The ceremony was perfect and was very "us" and so many people said it was the best ceremony they've ever seen. It was so easy working with Alisa,... Read More too. She crafted an amazing ceremony out of our story and really made everyone feel part of the experience. We definitely recommend Alisa 100%!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Nicole R

Alisa is the best! This summer she crafted the most perfect baby blessing ceremony to welcome our son and to celebrate his first year. Alisa was super helpful in guiding and offering suggestions while we were writing our vows; sifting through thoughts and emotions expounding on... Read More this first year with our new baby. The ceremony was more than we ever thought it could be. There wasn't a dry eye when she commissioned our 12 year old son to be a guiding example and we loved the way she incorporated each of our guests to participate in the blessing. She is detail orientated, energetic, passionate and super creative. We only wish we would have had her for our wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Stefany P

Where can we even begin to tell you what it meant to have Alisa as our celebrant for our wedding? Alisa went far and beyond anything we could have imagine! It really felt as if you were our safe haven in the middle of all the wonderful chaos. Alisa’s calm energy was able to keep... Read More us relaxed and focused, it truly felt as if we had our longtime closest friend providing us support; it was hard to believe it was only our second time seeing her! There is just something so wonderful about Alisa that allows her to make an instant connection and instantly make you feel comfortable around her. Alisa was able to capture our love story in such a beautiful way it allowed our loved ones to get an inside look at our relationship. As a same sex couple I was partially concerned about my mother’s reaction because she has had a difficult time accepting our relationship. I’m certain that hearing the beautiful ceremony has actually helped my mother come to terms with my relationship and understand the depth our love for one another. After our beautiful ceremony, every single person had something wonderful and positive to say about Alisa! Alisa also helped us by suggesting a couple of beautiful traditions such as the ring blessing and the honey kiss. In our cultures, these traditions are not common and had she not walked us through the process and what they entail I think we truly would have missed out from something very special.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 maria h

Words were do very little justice in describing how truly grateful we were to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Our ceremony was pure magic. Working with Alisa, from start to finish, was extraordinary, and our ceremony was by far the highlight of our entire wedding... Read More celebration. The process of sharing our love story with Alisa, as well as selecting specific ceremony rituals had such an impact on my husband and me. As many know, creating your perfect wedding can be intense and stressful, and we both agreed that this part of the planning made it all worth while. Alisa is a beautiful soul, with an aura about her that is unmatched. She speaks in a way that you can't help but be drawn to every single thing she says. And she listens! She heard every detail of our love story, and relayed it to our family and friends so elegantly. Even the most traditional (and strict religious) guests of ours agreed she created the most beautiful and memorable ceremony for us. A vow renewal was never something my husband and I considered doing, and now we are looking to celebrate every wonderful life moment with Alisa by our side.

Alisa Tongg

Alisa loves her role as a Storyteller and Celebrant for Aisle-Bound Couples.