Capturing the perfection of your event

Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

110 New Castle Ln, Tyrone, NJ

All Events Not So Perfect

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 b.c a

This wedding planner does planning both in NJ and GA, but I believe most of her planning occurs in Atlanta. My final email to this wedding planner basically spells our final experience with this vendor. The planning process had it's kinks but went smoother than the wedding day... Read More execution (which was the most important thing). We spoke after I sent this, she adequately addressed one of our concerns and said she would address other concerns and get back to us. That was a month ago....Here's the email (edited and shortened version b/c of review space restrictions, but it sums up the major things): Hello Sarah-Jane, My husband and I received your message. We were hesitant to reach out immediately after the wedding because we were trying to process much of the feedback we received from our wedding guests and from our personal experience of the wedding itself. Here are some of the following grievances: - There were more than several guests who did not have an opportunity to eat or get any food. Many of the people waiting in line for food reported seeing you and your team sitting and eating before the guests had a chance to finish getting their food. We thought that was highly unprofessional and inappropriate. And the guests also felt the same way. - My bridesmaids reported an altercation with Sarafina over the money that was being picked up off of the ground on me and Wale's behalf. Sarafina felt that it would be appropriate to collect her $40 from the gift money behind our backs as opposed to directly coming to us for the money. One of my bridesmaids had to collect the money from her and there was also a verbal altercation because of it. Highly unprofessional and inevitably a form of theft. - Given the fact that there was a delay in starting, we felt that there was no initiative to try and keep the program moving accordingly given the limited time that we had the space available. Many of the decisions seemed to fall back on us and we were reliant on you and your team to keep things moving especially with the delay as a factor. - Much of the feedback that we received about you and your team from the bridesmaids and guests (both Nigerian and Non-Nigerian) included the terms: "extremely rude", "unorganized", "unprofessional", and "incompetent". We were asked by several people if this was the first wedding that you had ever coordinated. These things were very disappointing to hear and difficult for me to process given the time, communication, and efforts that we have both put into the wedding over the past year and few months. We are still processing all of this and trying to figure out how to proceed with the information. We wanted to make sure that these things were communicated to you despite our needed time to reflect and process everything. We hope this email finds you well.

Our planner made sure we had fun at our event

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Aleia C

We had an awesome wedding thanks to Sarah along with the event coordinator at our venue. The day of was flawless and her venue recommendations were great. She helped from start to finish and made sure that we were doing the things that we needed to do, when they needed to be... Read More done. Vendors are expensive and you have to watch you budget yourself. However Sarah was very helpful in negotiating with the venue and finding less expensive vendors for us as well. Overall, we had a blast at the wedding. Planning is still stressful, but on the day of, we had nothing at all to worry about.

SJB was PERFECT

Reviewed on 6/03/2012 Vernisha P

Sarah-Jane was awesome. She kept in contact with me for the whole year of planning. I don't know what I would have done without her. She answered all my questions no matter how crazy they were and gave me great referrals. All I had to do was tell her what I wanted and she made... Read More my ideas come to life. My reception was beautiful. Thank you to the staff at All Events Perfect for a job well done.

Worthless

Reviewed on 1/04/2012 Diana F

We actually had to fire All Events Perfect in the middle of wedding planning because they were that bad. It was clear they did not have our best interests at heart and through a large part of the process, we often felt like we were assisting them rather them assisting us.... Read More There were SO many things wrong with each part of the planning process that we went through. There was not ONE vendor we hired where it was a smooth process with AEP. From the beginning, when Sarah Jane emailed us the contract THREE times because it was missing pages (the contract itself was 3 pages) to the end when all we wanted was Sarah Jane to respond to our emails in a timely fashion, each step was a disaster. Each time we were hopeful that the next time would be better or that AEP's inattention to detail was a fluke. We were wrong. Venues: We told AEP our budget and the number of guests we expected (100 - many from out of town), they sent us a list of venues that they recommended. We had concerns about if it would fit our budget and was assured by both Sarah Jane and Kim that Sarah Jane would not send us places that did not fit our budget. The first 3 places we saw wanted guarantees much higher than we anticipated along with a price per person that exceeded our entire wedding budget. Sarah Jane had sent us one place as an option that (surprise!) did not fit into our budget or guarantees but when I asked her about another venue she told me that based on her “passed” (her spelling error, not mine) experience, it was out of budget (the venue I asked about was almost 50% less per person with a much lower guarantee than the first place she recommended). We went with a venue recommended by women on a wedding forum. When we booked our venue, Sarah Jane told me she had just done a wedding there last month! So nice of her to forget to recommend a place that actually fit into our budget and guarantees. Kim was the person originally assigned to our wedding. We found out she was no longer working on our wedding not by a nice email or phone call from either Kim or Sarah Jane. We found out by emailing and calling Kim. The email gave us an out of office. The phone call went straight to voicemail. It wasn’t until we emailed Sarah Jane that we got an answer. It was unbelievably unprofessional. Lighting: I emailed Sarah Jane to ask about lighting for the reception. Her response? Daytime weddings do not require lighting. WOW! Shouldn’t wedding planners have details like what time our reception starts (5 PM). Sarah Jane told me that she misspoke once and it was because she emailed me from her blackberry and didn’t have my file in front of her. The email she sent definitely did not come from her blackberry. The last straw was that, based on our contract with AEP, they were supposed to maintain our budget sheet. There was never 1 time where Sarah Jane sent me the budget sheet without my asking for it. When I pointed this out to her towards of our business relationship, she LIED and cobbled together an email and said basically said she sent an updated budget sheet in July. It was quite disgusting. If you’re going to fake an email header, you might want to check that it’s consistent with the format of actual forwarded emails. Hers was not along with other errors. We felt scammed by AEP. If you want someone who is unorganized and frequently lies (albeit poorly) to try to cover herself (she calls it misspeaking), then then All Events Perfect is the perfect planner for you

complete satisfaction

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 deborah N

Sarah-Jane was a delight to work I shared my vision and she brought it to life. I was truly speechless when i walked into my reception hall. My Husband was so impress with the way Sarah-Jane handle every situation , he has so much respect for her. Words cannot express our... Read More thanks and gratitude without her and her team we would of been lost. Thanks Sarah-Jane you are the Best. My guest had endless complements of the room and how organize our wedding were and its all thanks to you. We had the time of our life. You promise and you deliver Thanks Sarah-jane

The TRUTH!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2011 Tiffany C

Sarah- Jane was truly a blessing to work with!! She helped to bring our vision to life!! Not only was she proficient, honest and frank - but amazingly personable. She took the time to get to know us personally, our likes and dislikes. SJ definitely put our hearts at ease with... Read More quality recommendations of vendors who were truly a pleasure to work with - not to mention the exquisite St. Lucia honeymoon package she arranged!!!!! SJ made our event perfect!!!

SJB ROCKS!

Reviewed on 9/16/2011 Lucy A

I guess by my title you already know where my heart stands. I try to find the words to express what my heart feels but words just wont do. My husband and I work about 50 hours evey week and planning a wedding was a challenge. Until we found Sarah-Jane. I love how she gave... Read More her honest opinons because frankly (I don't plan weddings for a living she does!!) She answered all my calls, emails, everything! She has done so much for us that we will be forever thankful. She even got a make-up artist last second after my make-up artist never showed up. SARAH-JANE = STRESS FREE! Sarah-Jane is truly dedicated to make your wedding what was once a dream or a vision a reality.

No physical presence

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kiesha A

I would not recommend the services of this planner. During my time working with Sarah Jane I only physically saw her once. She was pod at researching but there Is a lack of physical presence. No one showed up to help me and my girls stay organized the day of the wedding and the... Read More person I had been I'm email contact the most never showed up to the venue the day of the wedding.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Natalie B

That is the best word to describing my planning process and wedding day! SJ and her team were so hands on and really doted on not just us but our friends and family. it went by so fast but I was really able to take it all i. We just could not have done it without them.

Stress free is the way to be!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Franchesca G

My rehearsal went smoothly with Sarah's (assistant) help! Unfortunately her full name is not coming to mind,but she didnt mind being called Sarah! She took her time and answered any questions or concerns anyone had. She also took her time rehearsing the line-up and how... Read More everything would proceed the day of the wedding. Everyone at the rehearsal thought she was amazing! The day of the wedding our room looked beautiful and she even added a few decorative details to go with our theme. She was on top of everything including running out to try and get a garter for me since I had forgotten to buy one! ( I didn't find out about this until after the wedding when my husband told me. ) overall my wedding day turned out stress free and fantastic!

Country Club? NAH! Let's do Cabo!

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 Vanessa V

I can only start by saying that Sarah is amazing. She helped us in our wedding plans every step of the way. She truly made our day very special. She listened to all of our ideas and made the planning as stress free as possible. She helped us book a local country club, but... Read More when we decided to have a destination wedding instead she made our change of venue as seamless as possible. She recommended a beautiful resort in Cabo that we absolutely loved. We loved it so much, my husband and I returned the following year for our anniversary. Thank you SJB and AEP for working with us and helping plan an amazing destination wedding.

Wonderful Venetian Wedding :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Shelley S

My husband and I and all our guests were incredibly happy with everything. The events ran so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing the entire time. We've said it a hundred times over now, there is no way we could have done a destination wedding in Venice without... Read More Sarah-Jane! Even my very hard to impress father-in-law said she did a fantastic job! The days flew by, but the one thing I clearly remember is how truly happy I was. Thank you!

Excellent all the way!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Meron D

Sarah was awesome and helped me throughout the entire wedding process. She provided valuable feedback and had an excellent vision. She executed really well and was determined to make my dream come true. Thank you Sarah!! I couldn't have done it without you!

The best day of my Life

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 Lea M

I couldn't have asked for more ....My most perfect day was brought to life due to the wonderul planning and preparation by Sarah Jane and her staff. After debating for so long I settled on Sarah's recommendation for the Sandal resort and it could not have been more... Read More spectacular. I consider Sarah Jane and her team to be friends for life.....she made the most special day of my life PERFECT!

AEP lacked commitment -- after she took our $$

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Monique R

Sarah-Jane hung up the phone on one of my guests. That speaks volumes. That should have been my first clue. I wanted a wedding planner make planning destination wedding we had in Jamaica as stress-free as possible for me. My husband and I made the best of what happened and... Read More we're married now, but if I could choose a different wedding planner, I would. I found an all-inclusive resort where I wanted the wedding to take place and Sarah-Jane constantly asked me to move our venue to another resort, where she is a "Sandals specialist." She suggested that I place her her toll-free number on our wedding website so that our guests could contact her when they needed assistance booking their stays at the resort. Then, 2 weeks before the wedding, she asks to meet with me to discuss what I thought was the final wedding details. However, she also asks me if she could not travel to the wedding since the wedding coordinator on-site would be able to take care of my wedding details, so that she can recoup money she claims she lost because of the "high volume" of telephone calls she received from my wedding guests. Also, this is after she had amended our initial contract to include her travel expenses to Jamaica. I responded by saying no - we agreed that you would travel to Jamaica and I expect you to be there. She says fine, but 5 days before the wedding tells me that due to medical complications, she can't go because her MD advises her not to travel. OK - that's understandable, but I wish he would've communicated the chance that she couldn't travel when I spoke to her and asked her directly. The final straw - the assistant she sent in her place, Alicia Morris, while initially helpful, she left the wedding after the cocktail hour. She didn't leave until the next day, so I must assume that she went to enjoy the rest of the resort, while my matron of honor was left trying to organize the wedding dinner. These and other disappointments definitely helped me to realize that Sarah-Jane and her staff are NOT always "Committed to Capturing the Perfection of Your Event." When I followed up with Sarah-Jane after the wedding, she sent me this response: "Greetings! I will check with Alicia about not returning during cocktail hour. She is committed to the core so I am certain something came up on the property she would never just leave. All other issues regarding your room and serving of drinks during cocktail hour etc, should be addressed directly with the hotel. As I stated multiple times to you, I did not have faith this venue would do what they were expected to do or said they would do. That is why they were not my recommendation." Lesson learned - "All Events Perfect" falsely advertises their full service wedding planning services.

Stress Free Wedding Day

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Dunia D

As all brides know, there is always some detail forgotten or not paid much attention to, I had plenty of ideas and things I wanted to do, when the big day came I had forgotten some things here and there and was worried they wouldn't get taken care of. Although I did forget some... Read More small details Sara- Jane's team came to the rescue! They picked up where I lacked and made the day a success. You would definitely be satisfied with the services of All Events Perfect!

FABULOUSITY

Reviewed on 5/17/2011 Patrice B

If you want an unforgettable, stress-free, worth every penny, super fun, stunningly beautiful, talk of several towns wedding....pick AEP!

Everything Really Was Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/14/2011 Anaika W

Sarah-Jane does a great job at keeping you focused and keeping you on a timeline throughout the preparation time so you don't feel so overwhelmed with the various things that need to be done. Sarah-Jane and her team made sure every detail was covered. It also really helped to... Read More have them deal with the numerous vendors that are involved, as that, in itself, can be quite time consuming. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Sarah-Jane B

There are no words what AEP did for our wedding day, it was flawless. But best of all they were so much fun. By the end of the night they felt like family.

Best Wedding Planner Ever

Reviewed on 7/03/2010 Ilona S

Sara and her team were absolutely amazing! Had everything done and on time and were so helpful and knew all the insider information and did the best to stay in the budget we had and everything was perfect the day of the wedding. So helpful when it came to picking things out for... Read More the wedding and just being there when had tons of questions. Can not say enough good things about her!