Allusion Photography & Cinematography

Oak Brook, IL

Your very first family memories for years to come

For every couple I tell a story-with a family, with a setting, with what they wear, and the love they surround themselves with. I want to reflect a feeling of romance and passion with a twist of art and sophisticated fashion. Photographing a wedding is about appreciating the values and the new love

Lifestyle

Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Photo

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

1010 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL (815) 274-6766

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Jaclyn M

I still remember finding Allusion Photography at a bridal expo for a friend years before I got engaged and falling completely in love with their photography! I think I went back to the table at least 4 times to look at their albums. When it finally came time to picking a... Read More photographer for my big day I met with quite a few photography companies but none of them even compared to what Allusion Photography had to offer. After meeting with Sherry again I knew I had to have them. They really listen to what you want and are very accommodating to be sure you get every photo you can imagine. They manage to capture every single moment in the most beautiful way! We had a butterfly release after our ceremony and somehow they managed to get pictures of them flying around us where you can see the detail on the butterfly wings! I am so glad we had Mike and Colleen for our wedding because they made us feel so comfortable taking picture after picture. My husband hates taking photos and even talks about how much fun he had taking them because our photographers made it relaxing and we were able to just goof around and be ourselves while they just snapped away and caught amazing candid photos! There were so many amazing photos that we had a hard time choosing just 80 out of the 900+ photos for our album! . Absolutely love the "barndoor" albums! Seriously ask to see them- you will never find something so pretty and unique anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Karley G

Allusion Photography is a GREAT company to work with! They were a referral to me by my friend. When I saw their style I immediately knew they were the photographers I wanted to go with. I set up an appointment and they met with me very quickly. I met with the owner Sherry. She... Read More really makes the whole wedding process so easy. She helped us walk through our wedding day and really relieved me of the stress from planning our day out. Our pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined and I am so happy my husband and I chose to use them. It has been an awesome experience from the very beginning. We have just received our album and I do not have enough words to explain how wonderful it is. They really did a great job of capturing all the moments so well. Looking at the images brings me back to the very moment it all happened. I couldn't say enough great things about this company and I highly recommend them!

Fun, Creative, and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Stephanie E

When we began the process of shopping around for photographers, it seemed like a daunting task. There were so many options to consider, the prices varied dramatically from one company to another, and we didn't know where to start. All of our married friends told us that their... Read More biggest regret was skimping on the wedding pictures. The pictures are the only thing that really lasts from the wedding, and it's something you want to have for the rest of your life. Enter Allusion photography. Sherri and her team were so helpful in educating us and explaining our options to get the most for our money. The packages they put together include so much and we felt very comfortable throughout the process. During the wedding, our photographers were open to all of our ideas and loved that we wanted to do some fun and silly pictures as well. We wanted to get some pictures with downtown Chicago in the background, and they knew the perfect secret spot to get great pictures. Our reception was at the Rialto, and they have plenty of experience getting the best pictures in a beautiful space like the theater. Our wedding was so amazing, and they did such a great job of capturing how special the day was for us all. As part of our package, we got all of our pictures on a jump drive and they printed all of our pictures in 4x6 size, as well as getting an album not only for us but two smaller albums for our parents. The team at Allusions has been fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole M

Allusion photographed our engagement pictures and did a wonderful job. We also used them for our Wedding Day photographers and Videographers. It was great having 2 photographers as the groom and groomsmans had their own and then the bride and bridesmaids. Details leading up to... Read More the wedding were captured well. The photographs in our creative session at our reception turned out amazing and had great filters. Not as many entire bridal party pictures as I hoped but the quality we have of them is great. If you chose to use them I would make a VERY explicit list of EVERYTHING you wish to have captured that day so nothing is missed :) Very prompt in posting photos online and getting USB back to us with photos. Looking forward to seeing the actual wedding album as I know it will be wonderful.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kristy S

Allusion did a fantastic job with our wedding! We have had SO MANY people ask who did our photos. You get what you pay for when you book with them. They did a phenomenal job on photo effects and candids! Also, the photos were available 14 business days later (other couples we... Read More know had to wait WAY LONGER). Book Allusion if you want a worry free day :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Gina P

We are so happy we went with Allusion for our wedding photography! They were absolutely amazing to work with! Our photographers were beyond incredible! They went above and beyond for us. From sewing my dress after part of it ripped to literally carrying one bridesmaid with a... Read More broken foot back to the bus! They saw our vision and completely got us as a couple. We couldn't have been happier with our pictures! I highly recommend Allusion, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Dominik Z

Working with Allusion was a great experience. The photographers and staff were all very friendly and professional. They really worked with us to make some beautiful photos. They were always quick with answers for any of our questions and just made the process very fun. We... Read More received a great variety of photos as well. The hardest part of working with them was choosing what photos to put in our album!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jennifer T

Allusion Photography is very professional from start to finish! Katie and her partner did an awesome job and ensured our day ran smoothly!! They made us feel so comfortable that resulted in great pics! I am so happy that I picked them to shoot our special day and I will... Read More recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Noelle S

My sister and I found Allusion Photography at a bridal expo. The table was so busy that we never had a chance to speak with anyone but we made sure to take card. I met with several photographers and never saw anything like Allusion Photography. I was so impressed with Sherry,... Read More the photography and album samples. Allusion Photography offers unique and beautiful photos. I especially love the photos with the graphic designer. We had Widia as our solo photographer and she was amazing! She was so quick and efficient. A true professional. We were so excited to receive our photos and will truly cherish them forever. She knew exactly how to pose everyone and had such a creative eye for unique backgrounds and shots. We could not be happier with our choice of Allusion Photography for our wedding and would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Erin L

Allusion photography was our number 1 choice and great to work with for our wedding. Mike and Charlene were our photographers and they were amazing! They really took care of my husband and I during the day/night and made sure we were getting the pictures we wanted. They even... Read More coordinated with one another and my MOH to be sure my husband and I did not see each other before our ceremony. Some pictures did seem a bit rushed and some group shots could of been set up better but overall our wedding pictures are stunning. We are extremely happy with all 1,400 photos they took! They captured our day/night beautifully.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Rosangela F

Being in 18 weddings, I knew I wanted our wedding to be something different and unique and booking with Allusion gave me just that. From start to finish, Sherry and Mike have been nothing but great. My photos came out ABSOLUTELY Beautiful, so much so that I still have people... Read More asking me who my photographer was and how can they get a hold of them. We couldn't be happier with our decision and I strongly recommend Allusion!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Shelly S

Allusion photography was very professional. Our pictures turned out great for both the engagement and wedding photos. Katie was great photographer and really easy to work with. Our second shooter was training so we actually got Sherry as our second shooter and all of our photos... Read More turned out so nice. They were very helpful and knowledgeable in all aspects of the wedding. We had a large bridal party and they kept everyone on tract and on time. They were definitely worth the price we paid. Thanks again for all your hard work! Katie even helped with getting my dad in and out of his wheelchair for our father daughter dance. They went over and beyond.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Shannon B

My husband and I loved Allusion photography. They worked so well with our family and we received a ton of compliments on our photos. Katie was our main photographer but we also had the pleasure of working with Sherry. They were amazing from day one, always willing to answer any... Read More questions and takes the time to learn about us and what we needed/wanted for the wedding.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Francisco M

For $4,000 dollars, I expected to be blown away by my pictures. Some of them were out of focus, the "creative" pictures were so basic. Some of our best poses were requested by my husband and I. Everything seemed rushed. I honestly felt like I could've gotten the same quality... Read More work for half the price. If I were to have known, I would've chose different. The day my husband and I walked in to their office, we were amazed by their pictures and albums; quality work no doubt, but unfortunately none of my pictures resembled a "wow." I appreciate the fact that the photographers were always on the look out and very friendly, but I've seen better coming from them.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Dana S

Sherry and her crew were absolutely amazing ! Sherry made sure we were running in time while making sure we got out most important shots! Our photos are amazing and we have so many too chose from for our album!! By far the best customer service and photos in the business !!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Tabitha P

Once the cake is gone, the DJ has packed up, you have returned your rental tuxedos, and stashed your beautiful dress away..... Your wedding photos are still in your hand, walking you through one of the biggest and most important days of your lives, and for the rest of your... Read More lives! Working with The Allusion team for our engagement photos and our wedding photos has been a seamless and enjoyable experience. They are prompt with answering questions, organized when getting all family members to co-operate during he formal pictures, and getting our proofs back by their scheduled time, even in the midst of moving offices! Sherry and her team are extremely talented. They produce phenemonal focal points and put their extraordinary, one of kind artistic touch on our photos. Having 2 photographers, from Allusion was the best decision we made. Both my husband and I were able to relive our day through each other's perspective. Also having 2 different angles and points of view, captured every detail, from the look on my husbands face, during our 'first look' session, to the floral arrangements and smaller details, we might have otherwise forgotten. After a 2 year engagement, seeing the vision of our wedding come together was perfect..... but the day goes so fast, having Allusion there to capture our special moments, will be with us for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Tonya B

Awesome experience! Stunning Photographs! Very professional and accommodating!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Chris/Tonya C

Professional and extremely accomodating. The pictures are stunning! These guys are the best at what they do!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Caroline B

Jasko and Mike did an amazing job! If I can suggest one thing request them right away for your engagement photo session and wedding day right away! Their photos are absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Stacey A

Sherry and her team at Allusion were wonderful to work with! From the start we were able to meet with Sherry and work directly with her throughout the process. We had a very large wedding party and Sherry was able to maintain composure, keep attention, and take the most... Read More beautiful pictures while staying in control of a large crowd. As wedding days can move quickly, Sherry never once made me feel rushed or short of time and always made me feel comfortable. She reminded me that this was our day and helped in any way she could. My husband and I wanted large family pictures and Sherry arranged this efficiently and what appeared to be easily as well so we could get back to the dance floor. Whenever I asked for another picture or suggested an idea she was always reception and never once made me feel as though I was interrupting their schedule. Sherry and her team acted in a professional manner and gave us more than we could ask for with our pictures and video. They have been a pleasure to work it!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jacqueline H

After carefully searching for wedding photographers, my fiance and I eventually came across Allusion Photography. We met them and were immediately in awe. Right off the bat, you could tell they were professionals and they knew what they were doing; and how to do it well. From... Read More our initial meeting to receiving our wedding photos, the service and experience was incredible and unforgettable. Our photographer Katie was extremely friendly, social and personable. She knew exactly what to do at every moment throughout the day. From posing to the next set up, she was efficient and timely. Katie also had a great sense of humor; a personality to calm the nerves on our big day. If you're looking for top-of-the-line professionals, look no further than Allusion Photography. Quite simply, they are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jacqueline H

Reviewed on 11/09/2016

The first time I saw Allusion's photo album I absolutely fell in love with it. They are a bit pricier but you get a lot more with your package than you do with other vendors. My husband was hesitant but after meeting with Sherry and seeing the albums there was no question that... Read More we wanted Allusion to photograph our wedding. They were very easy to work with before and during the wedding. There are a few things I think other brides should be aware of though. Be very specific about what pictures of your guests you want. I simply told Jason and Katie to walk around and get candid shots of our guests. We got some but we also got a lot of full-room shots which I did not care for since everyone is either far away or the same tables of people are close up while others remain a blur in the background. I was hoping for more close-up shots of some of my guests and with these far shots I missed pictures of most of my guests entirely. Also, my flashdrive with all my pictures was not formatted correctly so I could not access my pictures after picking up the drive. Mike was very apologetic and quickly handled the issue. Depending on where you live, not a huge issue. However, I live 40 minutes away from Allusion so this meant 2 trips in order to retrieve a new one that did work. Overall a great experience, just a few glitches.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Erica L

I would overall recommend Allusion Photography! It was so nice to have two photographers on the day of the wedding! Mike really had a great eye and captured some unique shots. Their graphic design and editing is second to none, that's what initially drew me in! They were great... Read More at capturing the posed moments and the candid moments. The only suggestion I would give, make sure you verbalize all the photos that you want. I do feel like a handful of moments and photo ops were missed, but am very happy with the ones they did catch.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Katie was amazing! I had my under hoop skirt tear off and she literally sewed my dress and saved the day. That was going above and beyond. It was a 100 degrees out and I felt like I would look like a sweaty mess but the photos Katie took turned out beautiful. Thank you so much.