Allusion Photography & Cinematography

Oak Brook, IL

Your very first family memories for years to come

For every couple I tell a story-with a family, with a setting, with what they wear, and the love they surround themselves with. I want to reflect a feeling of romance and passion with a twist of art and sophisticated fashion. Photographing a wedding is about appreciating the values and the new love

Lifestyle

E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100
Aebf0cfd 749a 4015 9cf0 6e3c13a96bd2~rs 100

1010 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL (815) 274-6766

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Jaclyn M

I still remember finding Allusion Photography at a bridal expo for a friend years before I got engaged and falling completely in love with their photography! I think I went back to the table at least 4 times to look at their albums. When it finally came time to picking a... Read More photographer for my big day I met with quite a few photography companies but none of them even compared to what Allusion Photography had to offer. After meeting with Sherry again I knew I had to have them. They really listen to what you want and are very accommodating to be sure you get every photo you can imagine. They manage to capture every single moment in the most beautiful way! We had a butterfly release after our ceremony and somehow they managed to get pictures of them flying around us where you can see the detail on the butterfly wings! I am so glad we had Mike and Colleen for our wedding because they made us feel so comfortable taking picture after picture. My husband hates taking photos and even talks about how much fun he had taking them because our photographers made it relaxing and we were able to just goof around and be ourselves while they just snapped away and caught amazing candid photos! There were so many amazing photos that we had a hard time choosing just 80 out of the 900+ photos for our album! . Absolutely love the "barndoor" albums! Seriously ask to see them- you will never find something so pretty and unique anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Karley G

Allusion Photography is a GREAT company to work with! They were a referral to me by my friend. When I saw their style I immediately knew they were the photographers I wanted to go with. I set up an appointment and they met with me very quickly. I met with the owner Sherry. She... Read More really makes the whole wedding process so easy. She helped us walk through our wedding day and really relieved me of the stress from planning our day out. Our pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined and I am so happy my husband and I chose to use them. It has been an awesome experience from the very beginning. We have just received our album and I do not have enough words to explain how wonderful it is. They really did a great job of capturing all the moments so well. Looking at the images brings me back to the very moment it all happened. I couldn't say enough great things about this company and I highly recommend them!

Fun, Creative, and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Stephanie E

When we began the process of shopping around for photographers, it seemed like a daunting task. There were so many options to consider, the prices varied dramatically from one company to another, and we didn't know where to start. All of our married friends told us that their... Read More biggest regret was skimping on the wedding pictures. The pictures are the only thing that really lasts from the wedding, and it's something you want to have for the rest of your life. Enter Allusion photography. Sherri and her team were so helpful in educating us and explaining our options to get the most for our money. The packages they put together include so much and we felt very comfortable throughout the process. During the wedding, our photographers were open to all of our ideas and loved that we wanted to do some fun and silly pictures as well. We wanted to get some pictures with downtown Chicago in the background, and they knew the perfect secret spot to get great pictures. Our reception was at the Rialto, and they have plenty of experience getting the best pictures in a beautiful space like the theater. Our wedding was so amazing, and they did such a great job of capturing how special the day was for us all. As part of our package, we got all of our pictures on a jump drive and they printed all of our pictures in 4x6 size, as well as getting an album not only for us but two smaller albums for our parents. The team at Allusions has been fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Brian K

Allusion photography is an amazing photography company and without a doubt the best in the Chicagoland area. Everyone says it but if there’s one thing that lasts from the wedding day, it’s the photos. If there is anything to spend up for it’s the photos. Allusion is a little... Read More expensive but the value is amazing and really at the end of it, we were so impressed and loved the work so much, the money seemed like pennies. Katie did a terrific job for our engagement session. She also shot our wedding as lead with Kelly as her secondary/background person. My husband said Kelly was amazing as she worked with the guys during the day. She even helped clean his pants when someone spilled on them and helped him remain calm. Kelly did great job working with a bunch of rowdy guys for hours! Katie did such a wondeful job working with us girls during the day. She had great poses and group shots for us. During the ceremony and reception, Katie took charge and got everyone organized and all of the photos in! When there’s 50-60 family members and bridal party combined to organize, it’s cant easy and she just crushed it. She is really incredible at her job. Her and Kelly didn’t miss one moment or shot during the whole night. My husband and I agreed, they were definately a highlight of the whole day and easily our best vendor. We seriously can’t thank them enough for how amazing of a job they did and all the beautiful moments they captured. Lastly, afterwords Mike was great to work with deisgning our album and DVD slideshow. His design was excellent and needed minimal revisions. He was always very responsive and easy to communicate with. Every second we worked with this company, it was a pleasure and their work is stunning. We will cherish our album for decades to come and will always love showing our family and future kids. Thanks so much, the Kent’s!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Mary D

My husband and I were impressed with our photographer Katie at our June wedding Katie was upbeat, friendly, energetic, and caring. She kept a watchful eye to make sure the bridal party stayed hydrated during the outdoor photo sessions. At one point my elderly father wandered... Read More off during the reception. She stopped shooting the guests and even went to help look for him. Luckily we found him quickly, and she went right back to shooting without missing anything. Katie also helped with non-photography things, too. None of us knew how to do the handkerchiefs or boutonnieres, so she actually did it for us. Katie literally rolled up her pants, took off her shoes, and crouched in a small stream for some photos. When we went near some tall grass for another creative photo, she crouched down and accidentally bumped her elbow in poison ivy yet moved on without a hitch. I am very organized and like to have backup plans, so it was refreshing when I saw that Katie had her own emergency bag. It had back up equipment, which I expected, but she had other things like scissors, sewing kit, extra water, etc. to help out the bridal party. She stayed very focused and was able to get all of the shots we wanted. We opted to have just one photographer with overtime, so I was worried that we wouldn’t get pictures of everything. However, Katie moved so efficiently that we finished in time. She also was very good at using random materials laying around to improve photos. I told my husband that she was like a Wedding MacGyver. My husband and I want to mention some things about the company, too. I know that Allusion Photography has great reviews, which is how I originally found them online, but I was surprised that they are still so competitively priced even with their terrific reputation. Sherry, the owner, also gave us great suggestions on scheduling the entire day as well as made suggestions for outdoor photo locations, told us which places needed permits, etc. All of her photographers use top of the line equipment, and she makes sure she limits the number of weddings each day for the entire company so that she has people on call in case of an emergency. Our original photographer actually had a family emergency two days before the wedding, but with Sherry’s foresight, we still got an amazing photographer (Katie) and didn’t have to stress about the last minute change. Our photos came out wonderfully as well. There were formal shots and plenty of fun candid ones, which was great because we had bowling, bocce, and a fire pit at our wedding. Katie captured the fun well. Processing was pretty fast (one month for printed album), and their online proofing system was easy to use. We really only had two concerns. First, if you want Allusion to shoot your wedding and it’s a huge priority like it was for us, you need to book really early. We booked about 15 months in advance for a Friday night wedding in June, and we got the last spot for our wedding date. We actually booked before my husband officially proposed! Our other concern - and this might be due to our limited expertise with professional photographers- was our surprise at the cost of purchasing printing rights. We knew we had to pay extra for printing rights due to copyright laws, but it was more expensive than we expected (about $1000). If you know in advance, you can budget around it. We thought it was worth it!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Sarah M

Sherry (and her team) is so AMAZING. She was the first and only photographer we met with! We knew we wanted her. I'm awkward when it comes to taking photos, so the fact that she posed us and told us exactly what to do was AWESOME. And she had amazing ideas. We were originally... Read More only going to take indoor photos since December is usually cold, but we ended up with sunny 50 degree weather so we took many outside as well! And the photos came out so beautiful and there are so many (over 1200)! 10/10 would book again!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017

Sherry and the Allusion team was fantastic. We had a very large wedding party and she managed the entire group, plus parents, plus families very well to get me as many shots as I requested. I also appreciated the conversations leading up to the day that helped gage both our... Read More expectations. The picture came back 3 weeks later and they are stunning. I have friends waiting at least 3 to 6 months for their raw pictures... Sherry also struck that line very well of "no-nonsense" and friendliness when we were taking the pictures. I really appreciated that because you have to be like that with so many people. Would absolutely refer Allusion to friends.

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Amy F

Allusion Photography did a fantastic job and highly recommend them! We have the most beautiful photos that will provide lasting memories of our wedding day. Sherry and the Team ( special shout out to Spencer, as all my family & friends shared many compliments on him) were so... Read More easy to work with and very accommodating. Their talent shines though their photography.

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Kiyonna B

Allusion Photography did an outstanding job at capturing the essence of our wedding day and engagement photos. Sherry was our photographer and it was so great to work with her. We told her the style we were going for was Hollywood Glam for both the engagement and wedding photos... Read More and she had the creative eye to bring our theme to life. Anyone who has seen our photos has said they look like pictures that should be in a magazine and we are amazed every time we look at them. When looking at your wedding photos, you should be able to remember the moment each photo was captured to really etch the memories from your special day in your mind and heart, and Allusion Photography gives you just that.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Jessica E

I really enjoyed working with Allusion on our wedding day. Our two photographers were so relaxed and very fun to deal with. They made the whole process easy. They were also there to save the day with dresses not fitting and getting me properly tied into my corset wedding dress.... Read More I love how our pictures turned out and they really captured our fun, happy relationship. I took away one star because there were no pictures taken of our flower girl.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Sean R

Allusion has a great staff that is super fun to work with and the quality of the finished product can't be beat! I would highly recommend them to anyone for their photography needs for any occasion. My wife and I had a crazy wedding day schedule but their staff handled it all in... Read More stride while keeping us cool, calm, collected, while making the whole experience so much fun.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lourdes L

By far the best photographers and cinematographers!!! Not only where they very patient, helpful, pleasant, friendly but also had great people skills. All of our guests and bridal party were mesmerized at how awesome they were! And most important the quality of their work is... Read More amazing. Over all our experience working with Allusion from meeting them at the Bridal expo, to setting up a meeting at their office (by the way their office displays are amazing!), answering your questions (email or phone) and guiding you throughout the entire planning process was perfect. Definitely worth your money and would recommend or utilize them for any of our future events.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lourdes L

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Christy K

Our wedding was on June 3, 2017 and Sherry was absolutely amazing! Very professional & tailored our day to capture all the perfect moments.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Olivia K

I've hired with Sherry and her team for all types of photos and they have never disappointed. The quality and speed of her work is impeccable! She captures every moment beautifully and is very unique in her poses. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Ronnell D

Allusion was an absolute joy to work with from the very beginning. The owner Sherry was very welcoming and accommodating to our every need. She wanted to make sure we felt as comfortable as possible. Our engagement shoot was lead by Katie and she is a guru with the camera. The... Read More pic was amazing and breath-taking. The pictures were so great we used her for our special day. Let me tell you, we do not regret it for a second! She took initiative and control when neither my wife or I was available, making sure everyone was where they needed to be. We absolutely needed that! As far as pictures, Katie and her partner Doug got multiple money shots expressing the love my wife and I have for each other and our family and friends. They were an extension to Sherry by being accommodating and understanding. It was a very long day but with Katie and Doug's picture taking, you could not tell. We highly recommend using Allusion photography for a wedding or any other special event you would like to capture the moment.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Katie A

Great photographers, very helpful, pleasant to work with

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Samantha G

My wedding was on 7/14/17 and I cannot say enough good things about this company. We had mike and Charlene and they were amazing. My husband and groomsmen can get a little crazy and they navigated the day wonderfully. I had sooo many great pictures it's hard to pick for an... Read More album. They are such amazing pictures really captured the day wonderfully.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 pascal

Allusion photography is amazing! they make you feel welcomed from the beginning and allow the entire process to be as easy as it can be. During the wedding they were so professional and made the day calm. They were so amazing that we did not even feel as though they were there... Read More during the entirety of the wedding and the pictures to follow were great. I strongly recommend them to any person in need of a photographer.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emily P

Allusion Photography was so professional and definitely captured so many precious moments from our special day! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sam L

Katie was the best! I can't say enough good things about her. She did everything from taking beautiful pictures to helping me get into my dress. Everyone we dealt with was very friendly and we received everything on time. And Jose did a great job with the groom.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Cally J

Allusion did an INCREDIBLE job. Our engagement photos were wonderful and Mike was excellent and very helpful in getting us through a cold Chicago winter shoot. As for our wedding day, Katie and Kelly couldn't have been more amazing. They orchestrated each shot flawlessly and I... Read More have wonderful posed and candid shots of not only myself and my husband, but also of our wedding party and guests. Allusion is highly professional and their ability to keep large groups of people focused and looking their best was perfect. I would give more stars if I could!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole M

Allusion photographed our engagement pictures and did a wonderful job. We also used them for our Wedding Day photographers and Videographers. It was great having 2 photographers as the groom and groomsmans had their own and then the bride and bridesmaids. Details leading up to... Read More the wedding were captured well. The photographs in our creative session at our reception turned out amazing and had great filters. Not as many entire bridal party pictures as I hoped but the quality we have of them is great. If you chose to use them I would make a VERY explicit list of EVERYTHING you wish to have captured that day so nothing is missed :) Very prompt in posting photos online and getting USB back to us with photos. Looking forward to seeing the actual wedding album as I know it will be wonderful.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kristy S

Allusion did a fantastic job with our wedding! We have had SO MANY people ask who did our photos. You get what you pay for when you book with them. They did a phenomenal job on photo effects and candids! Also, the photos were available 14 business days later (other couples we... Read More know had to wait WAY LONGER). Book Allusion if you want a worry free day :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Gina P

We are so happy we went with Allusion for our wedding photography! They were absolutely amazing to work with! Our photographers were beyond incredible! They went above and beyond for us. From sewing my dress after part of it ripped to literally carrying one bridesmaid with a... Read More broken foot back to the bus! They saw our vision and completely got us as a couple. We couldn't have been happier with our pictures! I highly recommend Allusion, you will not be disappointed!