Allusion Photography & Cinematography

Oak Brook, IL

Your very first family memories for years to come

For every couple I tell a story-with a family, with a setting, with what they wear, and the love they surround themselves with. I want to reflect a feeling of romance and passion with a twist of art and sophisticated fashion. Photographing a wedding is about appreciating the values and the new love

Lifestyle

Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Photo

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

1010 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL (815) 274-6766

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Jaclyn M

I still remember finding Allusion Photography at a bridal expo for a friend years before I got engaged and falling completely in love with their photography! I think I went back to the table at least 4 times to look at their albums. When it finally came time to picking a... Read More photographer for my big day I met with quite a few photography companies but none of them even compared to what Allusion Photography had to offer. After meeting with Sherry again I knew I had to have them. They really listen to what you want and are very accommodating to be sure you get every photo you can imagine. They manage to capture every single moment in the most beautiful way! We had a butterfly release after our ceremony and somehow they managed to get pictures of them flying around us where you can see the detail on the butterfly wings! I am so glad we had Mike and Colleen for our wedding because they made us feel so comfortable taking picture after picture. My husband hates taking photos and even talks about how much fun he had taking them because our photographers made it relaxing and we were able to just goof around and be ourselves while they just snapped away and caught amazing candid photos! There were so many amazing photos that we had a hard time choosing just 80 out of the 900+ photos for our album! . Absolutely love the "barndoor" albums! Seriously ask to see them- you will never find something so pretty and unique anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Karley G

Allusion Photography is a GREAT company to work with! They were a referral to me by my friend. When I saw their style I immediately knew they were the photographers I wanted to go with. I set up an appointment and they met with me very quickly. I met with the owner Sherry. She... Read More really makes the whole wedding process so easy. She helped us walk through our wedding day and really relieved me of the stress from planning our day out. Our pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined and I am so happy my husband and I chose to use them. It has been an awesome experience from the very beginning. We have just received our album and I do not have enough words to explain how wonderful it is. They really did a great job of capturing all the moments so well. Looking at the images brings me back to the very moment it all happened. I couldn't say enough great things about this company and I highly recommend them!

Fun, Creative, and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Stephanie E

When we began the process of shopping around for photographers, it seemed like a daunting task. There were so many options to consider, the prices varied dramatically from one company to another, and we didn't know where to start. All of our married friends told us that their... Read More biggest regret was skimping on the wedding pictures. The pictures are the only thing that really lasts from the wedding, and it's something you want to have for the rest of your life. Enter Allusion photography. Sherri and her team were so helpful in educating us and explaining our options to get the most for our money. The packages they put together include so much and we felt very comfortable throughout the process. During the wedding, our photographers were open to all of our ideas and loved that we wanted to do some fun and silly pictures as well. We wanted to get some pictures with downtown Chicago in the background, and they knew the perfect secret spot to get great pictures. Our reception was at the Rialto, and they have plenty of experience getting the best pictures in a beautiful space like the theater. Our wedding was so amazing, and they did such a great job of capturing how special the day was for us all. As part of our package, we got all of our pictures on a jump drive and they printed all of our pictures in 4x6 size, as well as getting an album not only for us but two smaller albums for our parents. The team at Allusions has been fantastic!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Kiyonna B

Allusion Photography did an outstanding job at capturing the essence of our wedding day and engagement photos. Sherry was our photographer and it was so great to work with her. We told her the style we were going for was Hollywood Glam for both the engagement and wedding photos... Read More and she had the creative eye to bring our theme to life. Anyone who has seen our photos has said they look like pictures that should be in a magazine and we are amazed every time we look at them. When looking at your wedding photos, you should be able to remember the moment each photo was captured to really etch the memories from your special day in your mind and heart, and Allusion Photography gives you just that.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Jessica E

I really enjoyed working with Allusion on our wedding day. Our two photographers were so relaxed and very fun to deal with. They made the whole process easy. They were also there to save the day with dresses not fitting and getting me properly tied into my corset wedding dress.... Read More I love how our pictures turned out and they really captured our fun, happy relationship. I took away one star because there were no pictures taken of our flower girl.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Sean R

Allusion has a great staff that is super fun to work with and the quality of the finished product can't be beat! I would highly recommend them to anyone for their photography needs for any occasion. My wife and I had a crazy wedding day schedule but their staff handled it all in... Read More stride while keeping us cool, calm, collected, while making the whole experience so much fun.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lourdes L

By far the best photographers and cinematographers!!! Not only where they very patient, helpful, pleasant, friendly but also had great people skills. All of our guests and bridal party were mesmerized at how awesome they were! And most important the quality of their work is... Read More amazing. Over all our experience working with Allusion from meeting them at the Bridal expo, to setting up a meeting at their office (by the way their office displays are amazing!), answering your questions (email or phone) and guiding you throughout the entire planning process was perfect. Definitely worth your money and would recommend or utilize them for any of our future events.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lourdes L

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Christy K

Our wedding was on June 3, 2017 and Sherry was absolutely amazing! Very professional & tailored our day to capture all the perfect moments.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Olivia K

I've hired with Sherry and her team for all types of photos and they have never disappointed. The quality and speed of her work is impeccable! She captures every moment beautifully and is very unique in her poses. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Ronnell D

Allusion was an absolute joy to work with from the very beginning. The owner Sherry was very welcoming and accommodating to our every need. She wanted to make sure we felt as comfortable as possible. Our engagement shoot was lead by Katie and she is a guru with the camera. The... Read More pic was amazing and breath-taking. The pictures were so great we used her for our special day. Let me tell you, we do not regret it for a second! She took initiative and control when neither my wife or I was available, making sure everyone was where they needed to be. We absolutely needed that! As far as pictures, Katie and her partner Doug got multiple money shots expressing the love my wife and I have for each other and our family and friends. They were an extension to Sherry by being accommodating and understanding. It was a very long day but with Katie and Doug's picture taking, you could not tell. We highly recommend using Allusion photography for a wedding or any other special event you would like to capture the moment.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Katie A

Great photographers, very helpful, pleasant to work with

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Samantha G

My wedding was on 7/14/17 and I cannot say enough good things about this company. We had mike and Charlene and they were amazing. My husband and groomsmen can get a little crazy and they navigated the day wonderfully. I had sooo many great pictures it's hard to pick for an... Read More album. They are such amazing pictures really captured the day wonderfully.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 pascal

Allusion photography is amazing! they make you feel welcomed from the beginning and allow the entire process to be as easy as it can be. During the wedding they were so professional and made the day calm. They were so amazing that we did not even feel as though they were there... Read More during the entirety of the wedding and the pictures to follow were great. I strongly recommend them to any person in need of a photographer.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emily P

Allusion Photography was so professional and definitely captured so many precious moments from our special day! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sam L

Katie was the best! I can't say enough good things about her. She did everything from taking beautiful pictures to helping me get into my dress. Everyone we dealt with was very friendly and we received everything on time. And Jose did a great job with the groom.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Cally J

Allusion did an INCREDIBLE job. Our engagement photos were wonderful and Mike was excellent and very helpful in getting us through a cold Chicago winter shoot. As for our wedding day, Katie and Kelly couldn't have been more amazing. They orchestrated each shot flawlessly and I... Read More have wonderful posed and candid shots of not only myself and my husband, but also of our wedding party and guests. Allusion is highly professional and their ability to keep large groups of people focused and looking their best was perfect. I would give more stars if I could!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Nicole M

Allusion photographed our engagement pictures and did a wonderful job. We also used them for our Wedding Day photographers and Videographers. It was great having 2 photographers as the groom and groomsmans had their own and then the bride and bridesmaids. Details leading up to... Read More the wedding were captured well. The photographs in our creative session at our reception turned out amazing and had great filters. Not as many entire bridal party pictures as I hoped but the quality we have of them is great. If you chose to use them I would make a VERY explicit list of EVERYTHING you wish to have captured that day so nothing is missed :) Very prompt in posting photos online and getting USB back to us with photos. Looking forward to seeing the actual wedding album as I know it will be wonderful.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kristy S

Allusion did a fantastic job with our wedding! We have had SO MANY people ask who did our photos. You get what you pay for when you book with them. They did a phenomenal job on photo effects and candids! Also, the photos were available 14 business days later (other couples we... Read More know had to wait WAY LONGER). Book Allusion if you want a worry free day :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Gina P

We are so happy we went with Allusion for our wedding photography! They were absolutely amazing to work with! Our photographers were beyond incredible! They went above and beyond for us. From sewing my dress after part of it ripped to literally carrying one bridesmaid with a... Read More broken foot back to the bus! They saw our vision and completely got us as a couple. We couldn't have been happier with our pictures! I highly recommend Allusion, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Dominik Z

Working with Allusion was a great experience. The photographers and staff were all very friendly and professional. They really worked with us to make some beautiful photos. They were always quick with answers for any of our questions and just made the process very fun. We... Read More received a great variety of photos as well. The hardest part of working with them was choosing what photos to put in our album!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jennifer T

Allusion Photography is very professional from start to finish! Katie and her partner did an awesome job and ensured our day ran smoothly!! They made us feel so comfortable that resulted in great pics! I am so happy that I picked them to shoot our special day and I will... Read More recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Noelle S

My sister and I found Allusion Photography at a bridal expo. The table was so busy that we never had a chance to speak with anyone but we made sure to take card. I met with several photographers and never saw anything like Allusion Photography. I was so impressed with Sherry,... Read More the photography and album samples. Allusion Photography offers unique and beautiful photos. I especially love the photos with the graphic designer. We had Widia as our solo photographer and she was amazing! She was so quick and efficient. A true professional. We were so excited to receive our photos and will truly cherish them forever. She knew exactly how to pose everyone and had such a creative eye for unique backgrounds and shots. We could not be happier with our choice of Allusion Photography for our wedding and would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Erin W

Allusion photography was our number 1 choice and great to work with for our wedding. Mike and Charlene were our photographers and they were amazing! They really took care of my husband and I during the day/night and made sure we were getting the pictures we wanted. They even... Read More coordinated with one another and my MOH to be sure my husband and I did not see each other before our ceremony. Some pictures did seem a bit rushed and some group shots could of been set up better but overall our wedding pictures are stunning. We are extremely happy with all 1,400 photos they took! They captured our day/night beautifully.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Rosangela F

Being in 18 weddings, I knew I wanted our wedding to be something different and unique and booking with Allusion gave me just that. From start to finish, Sherry and Mike have been nothing but great. My photos came out ABSOLUTELY Beautiful, so much so that I still have people... Read More asking me who my photographer was and how can they get a hold of them. We couldn't be happier with our decision and I strongly recommend Allusion!