AlohaBug Photography

San Diego, Los Angeles, Hawaii, Nationwide, Worldwide

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

San Diego, Los Angeles, Hawaii, Nationwide, Worldwide (808) 779-2031

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Emma P

Rizza is absolutely amazing!!!! I just so happened to come across her on Groupon but am taken back by how excellent the photos turned out and how amazing our experience was! For the value, I was unsure how they would turn out...needless to say we were blown away! The customer... Read More experience has been superb...Rizza was very efficient in her turn around time as well as response to emails and any questions I had. The value is terrific and she will make sure your final product turns out just how you want it. I also loved how comfortable she made my boyfriend and I feel. It was our first time in front of the camera together but she was sure to crack some jokes and make us super comfortable which allowed for very natural and beautiful shots. I also loved that she showed us a few pictures here and there so we had a general idea of how things were turning out and were able to adjust accordingly! Thank you Rizza for such an amazing experience...should we find our way back to the West Coast we will be sure to pay you a visit :)

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Lynne R

Rizza is the absolute BEST! After liking only 1 of 300 engagement pics from another photographer, we were concerned about our wedding photos. Rizza made us feel completely at ease, placed us in the best settings, and took absolutely amazing photos of us. ALL of out guests loved... Read More her too! She got all the formal shots beautifully AND AMAZING candid shots that caught every emotion!Highly recommended!! Lynne

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kelsey F

Rizza was so great for our 1 year anniversary photos on the beach. They were beautiful and I couldn't be happier with them! She was so fast in getting them back to us, we had them before our vacation was over! I would highly recommend for beach photos!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Estella P

Rizza did our elopement pictures, since we wanted pictures done before we have a big reception out-of-state in the fall. That being said, the day of our shoot was the first time meeting her for both me and my husband, who absolutely hates having his picture taken. Rizza made us... Read More both feel really comfortable, which shines through in the beautiful pictures she took of us. I already had to cancel two photo shoots with our photographer back home due to bad weather, so I was super nervous about these pictures not turning out exactly how I had been building them up in my mind. Instead, they turned out even better. Rizza really listened and made sure the final result was everything I wanted and more! On top of the amazing experience we had, her prices are extremely reasonable and some of the best you will find in the San Diego area for high quality work (trust me, I spent a lot of time looking). Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Jaime R

My fiancé and I were visiting San Diego and found AlohaBug on Groupon for our engagement photos. We took a shot and absolutely loved working with Rizza at Hotel Del Coronado. We all had such a great time during the shoot! We had our proofs back within 3 days and had the final... Read More edits 12 days after our shoot, so quick! We are thrilled at how the pictures came out and would absolutely recommend to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Melissa B

My fiance and I had a great time with Rizza for our Engagement Photo shoot! We are new to California so we took a shot in the dark picking someone to take our pictures. We are very glad we chose Rizza at AlohaBug. She is quick with communication and has an eye for capturing... Read More beautiful photos. We felt awkward in some of the positions, but Rizza made us feel more comfortable. I love the photos and I will definitely cherish them forever!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Stacey E

We found Rizza at a bridal bizarre and I'm SO glad we went! Rizza kept in touch with us throughout the year to schedule our engagement shoot, talk about details we wanted to be sure to capture, and of course, the big day timeline this past October. We liked that she captured the... Read More raw moments so beautifully and used the natural light to really emphasize our happy day. Our expectations of both our engagement shoot and our whole wedding day were far exceeded. We can't even pick a favorite photo because there are SO MANY great ones! You are fun, professional and she even gave us a sneak peek of a few early so we could send our our "thank you's" as holiday cards! Reasonably priced and your eye for capturing our love was truly spot on. THANK YOU so very much for giving us pictures of such a special day we will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Thi N

My fiance and I are from Kentucky, we spent the Thanksgiving weekends in San Diego. We found her on Groupon and contact her for a photo session. The pictures are very special and beautiful. We are very happy. Thanks!

Reviewed on 12/25/2016 Amisha P

Just amazing! Thank you for all your help with a group of 9.. you did wonderful and the pictures turned out beautiful. Thank you Rizza.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Viktoriya C

I am not a big reviewer, but let me tell you something. I am a photographer myself, and do pay attention to the details, also dont like my pictures to be taken and honestly dont like spend to much time for my own pics. Rizza rocked our session, we had our... Read More holiday/family/maternity photos, and it was done with excellence, just what i needed, quick and easy, even with my 2 year old, she got the shots that i am more then satisfied with , i would recommend AlohaBug to anyone, i know how Rizza (the Owner) works on the big wedding jobs as well, since we do work together all the time, and she does and amazing job. Would highly recommend her services foe any occasions

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Andrew C

My fiance and I did a 90 minute engagement photo shoot with AlohaBug photography in Coronado and we were very happy with her professionalism and work. Rizza has an eye for lighting, backdrop and poses which made the photos turn out great! She was also very easy to work with and... Read More quick to return emails and photos. I would highly recommend AlohaBug Photography for engagement photos.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Ishmael R

My fiancee booked a 90 minute session for engagement pictures with Alohabug. The shoot took place in Balboa Park on a weekday and Rizza showed up right on time with a camera and ladder. Neither of us have done a photo shoot before so Rizza was super helpful in helping us pose... Read More for photos; head tilts, where to put my hands, how to hold each other, etc. Her experience was invaluable to the session. Everything was kept light and fun, so much so the 90 minutes zipped right by. Based on her guidance, our photos turned out great and there was a wide range of poses and angles to choose from. A lot of poses I wasn't sure about while taking them actually turned out to be some of our favorites. Overall we enjoyed the experience so much we asked her to shoot our wedding, but unfortunately she was already booked for the date.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Ciara C

My fiancé and I are not from San Diego, but due to the military needed to get our engagement photos done there. Being unfamiliar with the area, it was great that she was able to direct us to the most beautiful place (Balboa Park) and gave us some amazing pictures to document... Read More some of our favorite times. Pictures were returned in a timely manner and her weekday deal gives a great price for the quality you get!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Kim M

Bought a Groupon (90 min session with two wardrobe changes and 10 edited digital images) and decided to contact Rizza at Aloha Bug Photography for engagement/family portraits shot at Balboa Park. My fiancé and I have never gotten professionally photographed before, so this... Read More experience was great practice for our upcoming wedding (: Rizza was punctual, responsive, and always had great suggestions in terms of where and how to pose for pics. I also liked how she asked if there were any particular spots in Balboa Park that we really wanted to get photographed at. Overall, the value of the Groupon and the experience was really awesome and went above our expectations, especially for our first time. She also worked well with our dog, Buddy (yes, family pics of myself, fiancé, and Buddy!) In the meantime, can't wait to see our photos!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Christine B

Thank you Rizza for the beautiful photos of our special day! We are so happy that we found AlohaBug Photography!! Rizza was so fun to work with - very easy going, but also highly professional. She showed consideration and promptness with responding to my e-mails for booking... Read More our event. We were appreciative of her patience with each of our family members and accommodating our specifics needs for the day. She made all of our photographic wishlist come true. We were very happy with our finished images and cannot wait to show them off to everyone. Thanks Rizza, great job!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Michelle C

If your looking for a great photographer Alohabug is the one! Rizza made my fiancé and I feel comfortable during our shoot. We had a ton of excellent photos that we absolutely loved! She's great at giving direction for the poses. She takes beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kelly M

My fiance and I are super awkward in public and in photos, but Rizza made everything super simple and fun! Her photos were beautiful, and she had some great ideas for us clueless lovebirds. Highly recommend AlohaBug for any and all photography needs!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 amanda s

Rizza was easy and fun to work with and our engagement photos came out amazing!! My fiance and I had our engagement photos taken with Rizza at Balboa Park and I couldn't be happier with them. The whole process was easy and a great experience. I felt comfortable and excited the... Read More entire time. Rizza is professional, friendly, creative and a great photographer! I will definitely recommend her to my family and friends. She is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Melanie M

Let me just say that Rizza is the best! My fiance and I recently did an engagement photo session with AlohaBug Photography and we couldn't be happier with the experience and the results. As a person, she is very approachable and light-hearted and she made us feel comfortable in... Read More front of the camera. She took into account our ideas for poses and backdrop while also giving her professional opinion on how to make our photos exactly what we wanted. The final photos turned out better than we could have imagined. Thank you, Rizza!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 regina s

Rizza did my wedding and I absolutely loved her work. She took the best pictures of the reception in super low light and was able to capture all the fun everyone was having! She paid attention to details, was extremely reliable and professional and we are 100% satisfied!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 jess l

I met Rizza at a Bridal Show in San Diego. My fiancé and I did our engagement photos with her. She was the sweetest! I was a little uncomfortable at first, because I'm not the biggest fan of being photographed. She allowed me to take my time and by the end I felt so comfortable... Read More with her! She gave my fiancé and I a lot of confidence during the shoot. She also picked the location, I told her what I was going for and she nailed it! Her photos came out so amazing and in a timely manner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 connie g

We used AlohaBug to photograph our wedding on the beach-and I couldn't have been happier! From the moment I met Rizza and saw her portfolio, I knew I wanted her to be our photographer. She is so easy to talk to and does her best to meet AND exceed expectations! We recently saw... Read More the pictures from the wedding and I was so impressed with all the things she captured. If you're looking for a creative, sweet, professional, and affordable photographer-you found her!!! :)

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Michelle H

I loved all of my photos! Rizza is so nice and easy to work with. She has a ton of experience photographing weddings and it shows. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her support. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Yvette J

Rizza was awesome! We found her online and loved her portfolio - particularly her photos at the beach. I emailed her and she got back to be right away, answering all my questions. We scheduled photos for the following week. She shot my engagement photos at Coronado Beach. She... Read More did a great job of making us feel comfortable and even have fun! She gave great direction for each shot. When we got our photos back, we were very pleased. They were exactly what we envisioned! Thanks to Rizza, we now have some gorgeous professional shots, which we have gotten a LOT of compliments on. I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking for affordable but beautiful photography. It's just too bad she's already booked for our wedding day...

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Lindsay W

Rizza is your girl if you want an experienced photographer who has skill and creativity as well as affordability. She is PRO at keeping the bride calm and never made me feel like I was holding her up (even when I was 3 hours later than I said I would be to take pictures), she... Read More has great ideas for photos, she is also open to any ideas you have and she was just such a joy to have at our wedding. AND her photoshop skills must be amazing because it was 100 degrees the day of our wedding I was sweating like a PIG but in all the photos she makes me look the most beautiful I have ever seen myself (as well as everyone!).. even the photos from the end of the night everyone looks glowing! and not the messes we probably actually looked like haha.. I booked her especially because she has an amazing eye for candid shots, which is exactly what I wanted. She has a way of being there for all the sweetest moments and really bringing me back to the joy and happiness I felt that whole day. She is so sweet and amazing, I would seriously book her for any important moment in your life.. I don't think you could meet a better and more nice or helpful photographer than her.