Is this your business? claim it now

Alvarado Photography

Aiea, HI

Address 1, Aiea, HI

Beyond Expectations

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Amanda M

I can not be more pleased with our decision to go with Alvarado photography for our beach wedding in May 2013. After much research to find a good quality photographer who was reasonably priced it almost seem like a no brainer to go with them. Jess was always in close contact every time I had a question and her quick email responses impressed me from the start. When we arrived in hawaii she called me the day before our wedding to confirm everything and I remember her giving me words of encouragement to just relax and get plenty of rest. Her words came with compassion and made me realize she cares for her customers as individuals. When the Big day came she was prompt on her arrival to the beach I think she might have even been early and made the flow from the ceremony to the photo session seamless. She had such a light and comforting personality and any picture that we had suggested we wanted she made sure she took for us. I have to say I was a little worried how the pictures would turn out only because it was really hot in my wedding gown and I felt as if that might have ruined the shots but not a chance with her expertise! Every single picture turned out perfect and I was completely taken back by the way she was able to capture the moment and how perfect every single picture turned out. I would most definantly recommend Alvarado photography to anyone who is looking for a photographer in hawaii and I am completly satisfied with the professionalism and quality they have put into our wedding pictures.

simply the best

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Angela J

Jess was truly a blessing to our wedding day. We had a terrible downpour shower us during the ceremony at Waimanalo, and she was able to get photos and also take the extra time to follow us to Waialae where we were able to get “rain-free” photos without pouring rain (and even included a rainbow!). Thank you Jess!!

WE LOVE ALVARADO PHOTOGRAPHY!

Reviewed on 2/03/2013 Debbi O

WE LOVE ALVARADO PHOTOGRAPHY! They made us feel so comfortable. They felt like they were part of our family. They knew the exact poses to place us in that would result in the perfect photos. I will admit, I found them on the internet and at first I was a little worried because I only contacted them by e-mail and sent them a deposit. Through the process I found them to have the highest integrity and attention to the details that made me confident that I made the correct decision. They are thorough communicators and I knew they would be there on my wedding day. The end result is that they were very punctual, professional, caring, organized and artistic. I refer all my friends and family to them and I have no reservations in recommending Alvarado Photography for professional photographs. We plan to use them for family photos and anniversary photos in the future. Thanks John and Jess! You are the best!

Excellent Service, Wonderful People, Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 1/16/2013 Kimi A

When my husband (then fiance) was looking for photographers online, he stumbled upon Jess and John's website and was blown away. Their shots were so unique and beautiful , we asked for an appointment immediately. Once we met and talked with them, we were sure we had found our photographers. Working with John and Jess was a dream. They are so accommodating and professional and always made us feel at ease. And when your planning a wedding on your own, like we were, it's so wonderful to feel so assured that your photography is in the good hands of Jess and John's solid teamwork. We're so happy with both our engagement and wedding photos, that it was a struggle to choose our favorites. Our marriage license agent gave us this advice: "whatever you spend on for your wedding, choose the best photographers you can because in the end, those are your memories." I know we did with Alvarado Photography. Kim & Onin Arongay

Amazing Talent

Reviewed on 12/19/2012 Sarah M

My husband and I were very pleased with Alvarado Photography! The final product came out amazing and their attention to detail and courtesy was amazing. They were always available when needed, whether before during or after the wedding and really worked with us to create the best experience possible.

Beautiful Pictures on a beautiful island

Reviewed on 11/22/2012 Joanna T

We really loved working with Alvarado Photography. We had them do our engagement pictures back in March and we were very pleased with them so we have them do our trash the dress photos as well. They are really easy people to work with and we had a blast!

Such a great time

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Betsy J

I am in love with Alvarado Photography! My photos are so wonderful! Jess and John made us look good!!! We aren't the type of people that get a lot of photos taken and when we do we are done with in five minutes. Jess and John got some wonderful photos of us on our wedding day. I am so impressed by how wonderful our wedding photos turned out. Alvarado Photography did a fabulous job. It was hard trying to put together a Hawaii wedding from the main land (as I was called) but I am so glad that I went on the recommendation for Alvarado Photography. I could tell that our photos would be wonderful by looking at their examples on their website. It was an added bonus to have such friendly people to work with. They made us feel relaxed and didn t take away from our high of just getting married. It an experience I am so happy to have had.

Genuine Husband and Wife Team!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Juliet U

Jess and John as a husband and wife team of Alvarado Photography were absolutely wonderful to work with. Not only did they both show up with smiles and a genuine friendly and professional attitude - but they held such patience with us and our families (they both entertained our little niece to get her to smile - which finally worked)! Both my husband and I don't feel comfortable in front of the camera, but Alvarado Photography really made us feel both comfortable and important our wedding day. They brought out their fun and easy going personalities which put us at ease; and we didn't feel rushed during the photo sessions at all. In fact, they both took their time with us, which we truly appreciated. We are so glad that we chose John and Jess, they are such a warm and friendly - just beautiful couple! We would definitely use Alvarado Photography again, once an opportunity to be in Hawaii arises! Juliet A. Vancouver, Canada

Pictures worth thousands of words

Reviewed on 9/01/2012 isabelle m

I am so glad I found Alvarado Photography online when planning our destination wedding to Hawaii. Prompt courteous and professional replies to emails and questions, as well as ease of working with our schedule and helpful suggestions made everything flow smoothly. Jess took wonderful pictures and made me and my husband feel relaxed and at ease. The hardest part was picking our favorite pictures, as they were all SO fabulous! You will not be disappointed to have this team capture your memories!

Brilliant, professional photographers

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Lara W

Recently got married in Hawaii - we planned the majority of the wedding online from Australia and we were so pleased with the results we got by booking our photography through Jess at Alvarado Photography. Absolutely stunning photos at the end, prompt replies to my enquiries and we received the photos within 6 wks. I am completely confident in recommending them to other people!

Amazing Photographers

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Alysha J

We chose Alvarado Photography for our destination wedding on Oahu. From the start, they were great to work with. Throughout the entire planning process, they were very responsive and made the planning process easy. Their price is very reasonable compared to most photographers on Oahu. Jess was able to incorporate photos we liked and ideas and helped us get the exact shots we wanted. Even as obstacles arrived prior to the wedding, they made everything we wanted work. They even brought in an extra photographer the week before the wedding to help us get the receptions shots we wanted before we arrived at the venue. During the entire wedding and reception, they worked very hard to get every shot. We received our proofs of the wedding pictures in a timely manner and absolutely loved all the shots they took. We would use Alvarado Photography again in the future for more pictures next time we visit the Islands. Jess and John Rey were so nice and we were happy to have them be a part of our wedding day!!!!

Best photography team in Hawaii!

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Tracy F

There is nothing bad anyone could say about this company! We absolutely loved John and Jess! They were so professional and ALL of the pictures they took on the day of our wedding came out beautiful. It is going to be so hard to pick our favorites! From the very beginning they were easy to meet with. They were both early on the day of our wedding. Communication was smooth and effortless. We did not have to worry about one thing with the two of them. They did a wonderful job picking the perfect places and poses for all of our pictures. Their prices were very reasonable when compared to photographers on island. I have already had friends interested in their services. We would recommend them to anyone who asked.

Great photography & customer service at a great pr

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Alyse M

Alvarado Photography did a great job on our engagement and wedding photos. They were easy to work with and get along with. They answered all of our questions in a timely manner and addressed all of our concerns prior to the “big day”. Once the day came, they were very helpful by keeping things moving according to the schedule. They took some very creative shots and did a great job of capturing the memorable moments. Several of our guests had nice things to say about their overall demeanor and efficiency. They had an assistant join them who took some amazing photos as well. They also provided us with a great value – something that was important to us since we were on a tight budget. If you are looking for a professional photographer for a reasonable price for your wedding, Alvarado won’t disappoint!

Mahalo from Canada!

Reviewed on 6/09/2012 Pamela W

We had a wonderful time with Jess as she caught the intimate nature of our beautiful Hawaii wedding. She was excellent to work with and the pictures turned out wonderfully. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Planning our wedding from Canada was a little nerve wracking especially doing it in only 4 months. But Jess was fantastic from the first contact email through alvarado's beautiful site to the arrival of our final proofs. She is a talented professional and is highly recommended. Thank you for capturing our love!

Best Photographer in Hawaii!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2012 leah w

Photos of a wedding last a lifetime, so it was very important to us to get the right person to do the job. My husband and I Chose Alvarado Photography and boy did we hit the nail on the head!!!!! There were many friends and family unable to attend our wedding due to the fact we live in Texas and chose to have the ceremony in Hawaii. It was therefore very important to us to get the best pictures ever, and we did!! We were blown away by the great variety of shots taken and professionalism of our photographer (Jess).We are so happy with our wedding photos and our family and friends can’t stop commenting on how wonderful they are. Thank you Alvarado Photography for making a special day even that more special, our photos are our most treasured memory of our wedding day.

Alvarado Photography is the Best!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2012 Jill H

We chose Alvarado Photography to shoot our wedding. We searched online for a photographer with amazing photos in their gallery and great package deals. So, we were so happy to find them. Our wedding photos were amazing. They captured all of our special moments. They are professional, so easy to work with and they make the whole experience fun! We highly recommend Alvarado Photography.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 4/14/2012 Nancy C

Alvarado Photography did an amazing job on my wedding day. They were very affordable (the cheapest I found in Hawaii) and had great results. They even gave us some extra time during my wedding at no additional cost. They gave great direction, which was very important for my husband and I since we are not the most photogenic/body conscious people in the world. We were pleasantly surprised on how good we looked in our pictures, and I have to give all the credit to Alvarado! They are also very easy to communicate with and gave prompt responses via email and phone. They met us at our venue to scope out the location and work with my husband and I to identify some great backdrops, for no extra cost. Overall, and excellent experience!

Amazing Photographers, Great Value

Reviewed on 2/12/2012 Jessica S

Jon and Jess are professional, patient, and do great work. I love their style of photography. They do high quality photographs at a very reasonable rate. Highly recommended for weddings!

WONDERFUL! BOOK THEM RIGHT AWAY!

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 JENNIFER K

My partner and I were looking for a photographer that had beautiful work that was romantic, beautiful and timeless. Some websites we saw that were affordable were poor quality and downright cheesy! That’s why I was so excited to find Alvarado Photography! We were having a very small ceremony but wanted beautiful pictures and Alvarado Photography offered hourly packages that met our needs perfectly. Since we were travelling to Oahu for our ceremony we only met them the day of our ceremony but Jess was friendly and professional. He and his lovely wife put us at ease and worked seamlessly together. Our officiator ended up being late but Jess adapted easily to changes in plans and things were calm and easy for our special day. When we got to see our proofs for the first time, we couldn’t believe how beautiful they were! We couldn’t have been more pleased and now have the most beautiful keepsakes from our special day 

Alvarado Photography

Reviewed on 12/05/2011 Elizabeth M

John & Jess were absolutely wonderful. They were easy to work with and very accomadating. I did a lot of internet searching before finally deciding to give them a try. All their reviews are great and well deserved. We were a bit nervous at our engagement session but, they put us at ease. They provided us with wonderful photos for our engagment and our wedding. I've already recommended them to another couple. Give them a try, you will not be dissapointed.

A Very Happy Brides Review

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Alicia G

We just received our wedding photos and I have to write a glowing recommendation. Any bride on Oahu needs to meet Alvarado. At the end of our initial meeting they said to let them know if we decide to go with them. We already have the checkbook out :) We had the BEST experience with Alvarado Photography. We looked at a million wedding photographers on Oahu but as soon as we found Alvarado we knew our search was over. Their photos speak for themselves but when we met Jess and Johnrey, we instantly knew they were the ones we wanted to be there on our special day. They are professional, fun, amazing photographers and wonderful people. Our engagement photos were unbelievable. All of our friends and family said they were some of the best they had ever seen. They went above and beyond to make sure they understood what we wanted in terms of our photos and even called me the day before to check up on me and make sure I was okay before the big day. How sweet! The day of our wedding was so amazing and Alvarado really made us feel at ease. They also moved so quickly and kept us right on schedule. When we got our wedding photos back I cried. They were more beautiful than I ever expected. Trust me, I did my research and when it comes to photography, Alvarado is the BEST on the island for amazing photos and wonderful people :) We look forward to working with them in the future!!!

Becky and Brandon Wedding

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Rebecca W

When looking for a photographer I had very high expectations. I'm very big in to photography and having photographers who were very good at just capturing the moment was a big deal to me. I came across the Alvarado's web site while googling photographers in my area, I instantly fell in love with their portfolio. They were the first I looked at so I explored onto other photographers web sites to see what else was out there, but came back to theirs because really no one else even came class to comparing to their talent. I was in contact with Jess the whole time and she was always prompt at getting back to me, and so kind. My wedding day came and they were there to capture every moment from me getting ready all the way to the end of the reception, they captured the moments so well! The editing of the photos and the angles they used where outstanding! Their creativity and detail was amazing! they exceeded my expectations, and I would recommend them to everyone.

Hawaiian Wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Jeff S

My wife and I planned our wedding in Hawaii, from Canada, so we had to find all of our vendors online. We came across Alvarado Photography's website and thought their quality was very good. We made contact and instantly knew we could work with Jess and John. They were a joy to deal with, very professional, and completely down to earth. We met them for the first time the day of our wedding, they instantly put us at ease. Our guests thought Jess and John were great, able to get the most out of each shot and get them to laugh at just the right moment. We've had a chance to view all our pictures now and they are fantastic. We're so happy with the results and have beautiful memories of our special day. We would definitely use Jess and John for another occasion. Jeff & Peggy

Helen & Stuart Jones wedding 09.20.11

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Helen J

Me and my husband came to Oahu, Hawaii to get married from England. We had searched the internet for local wedding photographers and came across the Alvarado website. Their galleries really impressed us so we made contact with the company. There is an eleven hour time difference but we were able to communicate with ease. We arranged the time and date for the session and waited. We got back in touch shortly before our journey and again upon our arrival. We met John and Jess on the day of our wedding and they instantly put us at ease. They make a fantastic team, they were full of ideas and were totally in control, they are true professionals. As promised our wedding photos were posted on their website one month after the date of our wedding. We've decided to have them all as we can't choose! The quality of the photography is excellent. We have pictures which capture exactly what we wanted - our intimate wedding in an idyllic setting. Thank you so much John and Jess for capturing our wedding so beautifully x

alvarado photography

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 RHONDA R

Jess and John-Rey from Alvarado Photography were great. They made things easy and fun. They took very good pictures of our wedding

TO Alvarado Photography