Detroit, Chicago, New York, Destination

"Amanda's work reflects emotion, sophistication, brilliant editorial, simplicity & class"- ADP Clients

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

214 Nickels Arcade, Ann Arbor, MI Detroit, Chicago, New York, Destination (734) 985-8060

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Sherry Z

We are so happy to have found Amanda! From engagement to wedding photos, everything was so amazing! Truly a lifetime of sweet memories to treasure. She is a phenomenal artist and great person to work with. We have several amateur photographers in the family, all are impressed... Read More with Amanda's work! We cannot thank her enough.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Amy S

Amanda was recommended to us by a friend (which many people in their family have used her as well) and we couldn't be more happy with our decision! She was incredibly responsive, professional, and hilarious. She made all of our shoots fun and had us at ease. Amanda not only is... Read More an amazing photographer, but she even recommended the timeline for the day and helped me with some decoration ideas that I couldn't decide! Since she does this for a living, she knows what works in pictures and I trusted her opinion :) She also does destination weddings and shoots- we met up with her in Paris a few months after our wedding. What a dream! After your special day, the only thing left are your memories and pictures. Choosing the right photographer (to me) is one of the most important decisions for your wedding day and you will be so happy that you chose Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 alyssa c

Amanda was an absolute joy to work with. She made us feel so comfortable and at ease. I loved her questionnaire prior to the wedding... it allowed us to think about locations/details/groups of people I wanted photos with prior to the day of the wedding. Nothing was overlooked.... Read More She captured the moments perfectly. She took the feel of the decor/dress/etc into consideration to perfectly tie it all together. When I look at our photos, I am transported back to our wedding day, and feel the exact same emotions all over again. She executes the family photos at the church like a pro! Simply the best. She has an eye for detail like none other. She takes her job seriously and is so professional, while being able to laugh with the group. I do not believe anyone else could have captured our wedding the way she did. I am beyond in love with the album. I was beyond pleased to have her as a part of our day. Amanda, you are one in a million! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Katie B

There are no words to describe Amanda and to properly thank her for the priceless photos she has left us with! Amanda's quality of work speak for itself - her attention to detail and eye for beauty are unparalleled. What truly sets Amanda apart, however, is her personality and... Read More the care, dedication and love she pours into her work! She is fully committed to whatever subject is in front of her and makes it a priority to truly get to know you and your family in order to determine what is most important to you. The time and attention she devotes to you is amazing given the demands she is juggling with as well. She does this with ease while maintaining an ever present calm about her. Amanda will forever be in our lives and we are so thankful for her and her work!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Meredith C

Amanda is simply the best! In choosing our wedding photographer, the most important thing to us was finding someone who captured moments, not just poses. I honestly cannot believe how Amanda captured the essence of the day, of who we are, and just so much of our love are in her... Read More pictures! She made us feel so comfortable all day - the pictures are everything we hoped for and more, and I can't stop smiling every time I look at them! She was so on top of everything, and she worked her butt off. We are so immensely thankful to Amanda and her team!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Christina J

Amanda is not just a photographer, she takes the time to truly understand your wants and needs for your special day. Her attention to detail is comforting and impressive. Amanda is a professional but knows how to make you laugh, which is a huge plus! I couldn't be happier with... Read More my pictures. They're beyond my expectations.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Sydney K

Amanda was absolutely wonderful to work with for both our engagement session and wedding day. She traveled to Columbus, Ohio in the snow to take our engagement pictures and scoped out great locations that we hadn't even thought of. She was very organized and efficient for the... Read More wedding day and has a calming demeanor that made everyone comfortable. She delivered amazing photographs and we would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Lauren T

There aren't even enough stars to rate how AMAZING Amanda is! When first meeting with Amanda in her beautiful Ann Arbor office, I knew she was already the one. Then when she mentioned that she would TRAVEL across the country to do our engagement pictures in Napa without a single... Read More penny out of our pocket... DONE DONE DONE!!! She is beyond talented and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet! Please, don't think twice about making one of the easiest choices you can make when it comes to planning your wedding!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Katie G

Where do I even begin ? The moment we stumbled across Amanda's profile on The Knot we knew she was the one. It's hard to put into words the way she captures moments. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but Amanda's pictures caption a thousand emotions. When I look at... Read More our pictures I can feel the love and happiness. I can hear the laughter and tears. From the moment my husband and I sat in her charming office we felt an instant connection. A sense of comfortability. Over the course of our engagement she took time to get to know "us" and made every experience memorable. From our romantic winter engagement session to our fairytale day she was with us every step of the way. Our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful -perfect in every way. She didn't skip a beat when capturing every last detail and worked hand in hand with our vendors to make sure our day ran seamlessly. Choosing Amanda was hands down one of the best decisions we have ever made ! We truly can't thank her enough for the gift she has given us - a lifetime worth of memories. We will cherish them forever.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Heather M

I can not say enough great things about working with Amanda! I met Amanda while she was photographing a floral workshop I attended. I was familiar with her fabulous talent from photos of a fellow designers work, but after getting to spend a little time around her I knew that I... Read More could handle her following me around all day at my wedding. When she got to meet my now husband, he immediately connected with her and felt totally comfortable and that was fantastic. He does not typically enjoy picture taking, so selecting someone who had a great personality that fit with us was key! The fact that we loved her work didn't hurt, but we were also thankful to make a friend in the process who not only captured our day beautifully, but also made it fun.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Beatrice W

We may be a little biased, but Amanda is truly the best photographer in the state, in the country, and (probably) the world! She takes the most amazing photos, knows exactly how to get us to pose in a flattering way, and is so patient and sweet. She knows all of the best secret... Read More spots to take pictures and the best way to capture the most special moments. She is a joy to work with and will produce the most beautiful, breathtaking photos you will ever see. I cannot recommend Amanda enough.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Bree T

I came across Amanda while looking online for wedding photographers in the metro Detroit area, and decided to reach out to her. She was very prompt and punctual about responding to my initial inquiry, and from there on out Amanda was such a joy to work with! Amanda was so... Read More organized and thorough during the planning process, she even sent me examples of wedding shoot timelines to utilize and shot lists to review for our day, which was so helpful. Oh, she even recommended us destinations to go on our European honeymoon! Seriously, she is the best! On the day of our wedding, Amanda showed up promptly (which was very nice considering on your wedding day you have a million other things going on). Once she arrived she jumped right in and started shooting details and the venue, which was so reassuring. Our wedding was very intimate and small, but our guests absolutely loved Amanda’s friendly demeanor and continue to complement her and her professionalism to this day. We recently received our wedding photos and oh my gosh, we were blown away! She did a fantastic job and I can not begin to explain how thankful I am for the time that she put in editing the images, they are absolutely beautiful! Amanda is a great photographer and we can not wait to work with her again!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Hanna L

I cannot recommend Amanda highly enough. She was a joy to work with before and during the wedding (which is something you don't often think about) and then six weeks later, I got hundreds of stunning photos that captured the joy of the day. My only complaint is that it's going... Read More to be nearly impossible to pick just a few favorites to put into an album!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Jaclyn D

My husband and I got married this past February in Port Huron, Michigan. As soon as we saw Amanda's work, we knew we wanted to meet with her. Amanda is so personable and truly gets to know not only your soon to be spouse, but what you want as a couple on your wedding day. She... Read More went above and beyond throughout our planning process. She was available by phone, FaceTime, and email. Amanda went out to our venue a week or two before the wedding, to see the space, get a feel for lighting, and spacial relations. Amanda captured all the details from my wedding dress, to our memory table, and of course all the special details we planned for months. Amanda and her staff really captured the beauty, love, and family unity of our special day. What we loved when we saw our photos, was all of the moments that were captured, that we did not know they took pictures of. They even had shots of my husband and I face-timing our family who was stationed in Japan, and could not make it. My husband and I had a pretty rowdy wedding party, and it was helpful to have Amanda keep them in line during photos. She also helped me bustle my wedding dress! Our pictures are stunning and really help us relive our wedding day each time we look at them. For that, we are forever grateful. My husband and I highly recommend Amanda and her team!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Denise H

I want to get married again and again (of course to the same guy) simply to have Amanda took photographs! In a word, she is fabulous! Amanda made the process of planning very simple and we truly enjoyed the experience. She captured such beautiful moments of our special day,... Read More including magnificent photos of our guests. She put us at ease during the process and worked quickly with our post wedding family pictures so we could join our guests for the celebration. I have hung many photos of that day in our home and Amanda's work is truly art. I recommend Amanda to everyone I know and look forward to having her capture more moments in our lives moving forward.

2016-11-04T09:26:49 Response from the vendor

Hi Denise!! Thank you so much for the review! I really appreciate you kind words!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel D

Working with Amanda was one of the easiest and best decisions I made when planning my wedding! Personally, I think wedding photos are an investment. They were my first priority after booking the venue. At the end of the day, all of your memories are in your photos! These photos... Read More are how you will relive your day and hopefully show your kids and grandkids one day. So YES, they are worth every penny! Amanda is so talented and has that natural "eye" for a great photo. After browsing through her portfolio I would have booked her on the spot. Then after meeting with her, I got to see her great personality, attention to detail, and overall professionalism. Let's be honest, taking pictures can feel awkward sometimes- but Amanda always makes it fun! When we received our photos, I was blown away. It was a perfect mix of the traditional family photos and details of the day, with some amazing candids, and as others have mentioned some stunning "magazine-worthy" photos. Amanda- thank you again and we look forward to finding an excuse to work with you in the future!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany P

From the very beginning, Amanda was such an intricate part of our wedding! Not only with her amazing photography talents, but she also understood the flow of a wedding day, and all that is involved, which I, as a first time bride, had little insight to. From creative ideas on... Read More photo locations and natural posing, my expectations were far exceeded! Amanda was quick to respond with questions, and easy to communicate with. I have since recommended her to countless friends and recently stood up in a few more weddings that she photographs, and everyone has the same amazing things to say about her! I would not hesitate to recommend Amanda Dumouchelle to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany P

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jason P

First off, I'd like to start by saying that I am not one to write reviews...ever! That being said, I have broken my own pattern to share with prospective clients just how amazing Amanda Dumouchelle is, both in person and in her work! Amanda first worked on our engagement photo... Read More shoot shortly after we were engaged. We chose the Traverse City area of Michigan for its various array of landscapes and scenery. The day was kind of cold and slightly rainy, which worried me. Throughout the day, Amanda was awesome and kept reassuring us that the photos would come out wonderfully. Let's just say she did not disappoint. I never knew I was capable of looking THAT good in pictures (...I knew my then fiancée could). Amanda not only made us look and feel incredible, she was a true professional, while yet being able to keep things light and fun. Fast forward a year to our dream wedding in Cortona, Italy on September 28th 2016. We never even considered hiring another photographer to travel with us to Italy! Amanda was so gracious and helpful throughout our planning process, and we knew we were in good hands! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect in every way, from the destination to the weather. Amanda was so kind, patient, and fun to work with again. She took the time to walk us all through her thoughts for different shots, while other times she seemed to blend in to the background, which really helped me and my groomsmen feel comfortable and at ease. The sneak previews we have seen from our wedding day are stunning, and I am beaming with excitement over how our entire photo suite will turn out! The work Amanda did for us throughout our entire engagement process and wedding day helped to make the whole experience so much more special for my wife and I. She has also done several shoots for our family and even some friends, all of which turned out stunning and are centerpieces in our homes. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Amanda, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a talented, professional, spirited, vibrant, and fun photographer! Thanks again for everything Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Justyna P

I am a wedding planner that has worked with Amanda on numerous client weddings throughout the years. I have always had a love of her talent for photography and approach to her work; I always recommend Amanda to our brides and grooms for their weddings! Naturally, she was my... Read More only choice when it came to my own wedding this past September; So much so that I started initially planning (choosing the rough date and destination location) based on her travel plans abroad prior to getting engaged!! We are now 1 month back from our dream wedding in Cortona, Italy and I couldn't be more pleased with how the wedding went and the experience we had with Amanda! Throughout the planning process, I felt completely relieved and confident knowing that she would be there capturing our special memories of the day perfectly! Not only does Amanda have the eye to catch those emotional candid shots that she specializes in, but she also makes you feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera, which makes a world of difference! There simply aren’t enough good things I can say about Amanda’s talent of photography, her charisma working with her clients, and overall about her as a person – she is inspirational and just wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Melaney H

My husband and I took our time researching our photographer for several weeks. After meeting with many other photographers we were blown away with how easy it was to discuss what we wanted with Amanda. She was very attentive and listened to what we wanted while offering advice... Read More based on her experience. After looking through her work we knew we had found our photographer. Her work speaks for itself and is all you should need to make your decision, but Amanda's personality and willingness to go above and beyond to make sure she gets all the best possible shots makes her one of the very best. Go with Amanda and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caroline L

Amanda is an amazing photographer! Not only is her work breathtakingly beautiful, but she is an awesome person to work with! She took my engagement, boudoir and wedding photos and every experience with her was fun and natural. Amanda truly brings out the best in people :) I... Read More can't thank her enough for giving my husband and I such wonderful memories through her work! At this point, she's basically become our family photographer. When our son was born I knew I would want her to capture those first brand new moments. She did not disappoint! Her work is hanging throughout our home. You will have ZERO regrets choosing this woman for your special day(s)!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Erin W

Choosing Amanda as our wedding photographer was truly one of the easiest and best decisions my husband and I made in the planning process! Her incredible talent is evident in looking at her photos, but in working with her you will also find how professional and fun she is, too!... Read More She made us feel so comfortable and we really appreciated her desire to get to know us as a couple and what was most important to us. She captured all of the moments that were most special to us, and candids that brought tears to my eyes when we received our photos! They were better than we could have ever hoped for and we couldn't be happier!! We are beyond thankful that we will have these photos to cherish forever. Thank you so much, Amanda!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Allison S

Amanda is top-notch all around. In addition to her standout work, she contributed to a tremendous wedding day! She handled keeping everyone engage for group photos, but in a way that allowed everyone to still have a fun, relaxed time. We really owe her thanks beyond - we got a... Read More ton of shots (and they were all still so unique!) My husband was a groomsman in another wedding shortly after ours. He kept saying how much better Amanda was on all accounts. She really is a leader in this industry, great to work with, and so talented. In addition, I am really glad we did the engagement session to help break the ice - everything on the wedding day felt easier. I should also give credit to her ability to customize the photography to truly embody each couple (i.e. who you are), while still keeping with the style of her work (which is why we picked her.). When you meet with her, you'll immediately sense her friendly personality and know she's the professional you want to go with! For people looking for a wedding photographer: You would be lucky to snag her while you can.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laura H

I had found Amanda through a facebook friend; she had posted her engagement photos and I loved the style. I made sure to meet with her the second my husband and I got engaged! She was our first and only photographer we met with, we instantly clicked with her and knew she would... Read More be the best for us! Amanda knew how to make us feel comfortable, like we knew her already! We loved how she knew what to do and how to do it. She was open to anything and did her research ahead of time and planned out where the best photo shoot would take place. She was so great and captured every moment and more. I would recommend her to everyone no matter what the occasion! We are looking forward to working more with her in the future!

Amanda Dumouchelle

Wedding and Portrait photographer based out Ann Arbor Mi, available to travel anywhere!