Detroit, Chicago, New York, Destination

International, Published, Creative, Fun, Passionate and Professional Photographer. Specializing in Weddings, Engagements and Portraits, with a photo journalistic and editorial approach to creating both candid and editorial images.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

214 Nickels Arcade, Ann Arbor, MI Detroit, Chicago, New York, Destination (734) 985-8060

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany P

From the very beginning, Amanda was such an intricate part of our wedding! Not only with her amazing photography talents, but she also understood the flow of a wedding day, and all that is involved, which I, as a first time bride, had little insight to. From creative ideas on... Read More photo locations and natural posing, my expectations were far exceeded! Amanda was quick to respond with questions, and easy to communicate with. I have since recommended her to countless friends and recently stood up in a few more weddings that she photographs, and everyone has the same amazing things to say about her! I would not hesitate to recommend Amanda Dumouchelle to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jason P

First off, I'd like to start by saying that I am not one to write reviews...ever! That being said, I have broken my own pattern to share with prospective clients just how amazing Amanda Dumouchelle is, both in person and in her work! Amanda first worked on our engagement photo... Read More shoot shortly after we were engaged. We chose the Traverse City area of Michigan for its various array of landscapes and scenery. The day was kind of cold and slightly rainy, which worried me. Throughout the day, Amanda was awesome and kept reassuring us that the photos would come out wonderfully. Let's just say she did not disappoint. I never knew I was capable of looking THAT good in pictures (...I knew my then fiancée could). Amanda not only made us look and feel incredible, she was a true professional, while yet being able to keep things light and fun. Fast forward a year to our dream wedding in Cortona, Italy on September 28th 2016. We never even considered hiring another photographer to travel with us to Italy! Amanda was so gracious and helpful throughout our planning process, and we knew we were in good hands! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect in every way, from the destination to the weather. Amanda was so kind, patient, and fun to work with again. She took the time to walk us all through her thoughts for different shots, while other times she seemed to blend in to the background, which really helped me and my groomsmen feel comfortable and at ease. The sneak previews we have seen from our wedding day are stunning, and I am beaming with excitement over how our entire photo suite will turn out! The work Amanda did for us throughout our entire engagement process and wedding day helped to make the whole experience so much more special for my wife and I. She has also done several shoots for our family and even some friends, all of which turned out stunning and are centerpieces in our homes. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Amanda, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a talented, professional, spirited, vibrant, and fun photographer! Thanks again for everything Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Allison S

Amanda is top-notch all around. In addition to her standout work, she contributed to a tremendous wedding day! She handled keeping everyone engage for group photos, but in a way that allowed everyone to still have a fun, relaxed time. We really owe her thanks beyond - we got a... Read More ton of shots (and they were all still so unique!) My husband was a groomsman in another wedding shortly after ours. He kept saying how much better Amanda was on all accounts. She really is a leader in this industry, great to work with, and so talented. In addition, I am really glad we did the engagement session to help break the ice - everything on the wedding day felt easier. I should also give credit to her ability to customize the photography to truly embody each couple (i.e. who you are), while still keeping with the style of her work (which is why we picked her.). When you meet with her, you'll immediately sense her friendly personality and know she's the professional you want to go with! For people looking for a wedding photographer: You would be lucky to snag her while you can.

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Hanna L

I cannot recommend Amanda highly enough. She was a joy to work with before and during the wedding (which is something you don't often think about) and then six weeks later, I got hundreds of stunning photos that captured the joy of the day. My only complaint is that it's going... Read More to be nearly impossible to pick just a few favorites to put into an album!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Jaclyn D

My husband and I got married this past February in Port Huron, Michigan. As soon as we saw Amanda's work, we knew we wanted to meet with her. Amanda is so personable and truly gets to know not only your soon to be spouse, but what you want as a couple on your wedding day. She... Read More went above and beyond throughout our planning process. She was available by phone, FaceTime, and email. Amanda went out to our venue a week or two before the wedding, to see the space, get a feel for lighting, and spacial relations. Amanda captured all the details from my wedding dress, to our memory table, and of course all the special details we planned for months. Amanda and her staff really captured the beauty, love, and family unity of our special day. What we loved when we saw our photos, was all of the moments that were captured, that we did not know they took pictures of. They even had shots of my husband and I face-timing our family who was stationed in Japan, and could not make it. My husband and I had a pretty rowdy wedding party, and it was helpful to have Amanda keep them in line during photos. She also helped me bustle my wedding dress! Our pictures are stunning and really help us relive our wedding day each time we look at them. For that, we are forever grateful. My husband and I highly recommend Amanda and her team!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Denise H

I want to get married again and again (of course to the same guy) simply to have Amanda took photographs! In a word, she is fabulous! Amanda made the process of planning very simple and we truly enjoyed the experience. She captured such beautiful moments of our special day,... Read More including magnificent photos of our guests. She put us at ease during the process and worked quickly with our post wedding family pictures so we could join our guests for the celebration. I have hung many photos of that day in our home and Amanda's work is truly art. I recommend Amanda to everyone I know and look forward to having her capture more moments in our lives moving forward.

2016-11-04T09:26:49 Response from the vendor

Hi Denise!! Thank you so much for the review! I really appreciate you kind words!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel D

Working with Amanda was one of the easiest and best decisions I made when planning my wedding! Personally, I think wedding photos are an investment. They were my first priority after booking the venue. At the end of the day, all of your memories are in your photos! These photos... Read More are how you will relive your day and hopefully show your kids and grandkids one day. So YES, they are worth every penny! Amanda is so talented and has that natural "eye" for a great photo. After browsing through her portfolio I would have booked her on the spot. Then after meeting with her, I got to see her great personality, attention to detail, and overall professionalism. Let's be honest, taking pictures can feel awkward sometimes- but Amanda always makes it fun! When we received our photos, I was blown away. It was a perfect mix of the traditional family photos and details of the day, with some amazing candids, and as others have mentioned some stunning "magazine-worthy" photos. Amanda- thank you again and we look forward to finding an excuse to work with you in the future!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany P

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Justyna P

I am a wedding planner that has worked with Amanda on numerous client weddings throughout the years. I have always had a love of her talent for photography and approach to her work; I always recommend Amanda to our brides and grooms for their weddings! Naturally, she was my... Read More only choice when it came to my own wedding this past September; So much so that I started initially planning (choosing the rough date and destination location) based on her travel plans abroad prior to getting engaged!! We are now 1 month back from our dream wedding in Cortona, Italy and I couldn't be more pleased with how the wedding went and the experience we had with Amanda! Throughout the planning process, I felt completely relieved and confident knowing that she would be there capturing our special memories of the day perfectly! Not only does Amanda have the eye to catch those emotional candid shots that she specializes in, but she also makes you feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera, which makes a world of difference! There simply aren’t enough good things I can say about Amanda’s talent of photography, her charisma working with her clients, and overall about her as a person – she is inspirational and just wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Melaney H

My husband and I took our time researching our photographer for several weeks. After meeting with many other photographers we were blown away with how easy it was to discuss what we wanted with Amanda. She was very attentive and listened to what we wanted while offering advice... Read More based on her experience. After looking through her work we knew we had found our photographer. Her work speaks for itself and is all you should need to make your decision, but Amanda's personality and willingness to go above and beyond to make sure she gets all the best possible shots makes her one of the very best. Go with Amanda and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Caroline L

Amanda is an amazing photographer! Not only is her work breathtakingly beautiful, but she is an awesome person to work with! She took my engagement, boudoir and wedding photos and every experience with her was fun and natural. Amanda truly brings out the best in people :) I... Read More can't thank her enough for giving my husband and I such wonderful memories through her work! At this point, she's basically become our family photographer. When our son was born I knew I would want her to capture those first brand new moments. She did not disappoint! Her work is hanging throughout our home. You will have ZERO regrets choosing this woman for your special day(s)!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Erin W

Choosing Amanda as our wedding photographer was truly one of the easiest and best decisions my husband and I made in the planning process! Her incredible talent is evident in looking at her photos, but in working with her you will also find how professional and fun she is, too!... Read More She made us feel so comfortable and we really appreciated her desire to get to know us as a couple and what was most important to us. She captured all of the moments that were most special to us, and candids that brought tears to my eyes when we received our photos! They were better than we could have ever hoped for and we couldn't be happier!! We are beyond thankful that we will have these photos to cherish forever. Thank you so much, Amanda!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Laura H

I had found Amanda through a facebook friend; she had posted her engagement photos and I loved the style. I made sure to meet with her the second my husband and I got engaged! She was our first and only photographer we met with, we instantly clicked with her and knew she would... Read More be the best for us! Amanda knew how to make us feel comfortable, like we knew her already! We loved how she knew what to do and how to do it. She was open to anything and did her research ahead of time and planned out where the best photo shoot would take place. She was so great and captured every moment and more. I would recommend her to everyone no matter what the occasion! We are looking forward to working more with her in the future!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jennifer K

Amanda was fantastic to work with and one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. She was super easy and fun to work with and provided a lot of insight regarding timing of the day, lists of photos we would want, etc. From our engagement photos to our wedding day,... Read More all of our pictures turned out beautifully and we still receive compliments. On the wedding day when Amanda arrived I was super stressed because we were running behind, but Amanda totally calmed me down and assured me would get every shot I wanted-and we did. It was super nice to have a photographer that understands the stresses of the day and can adapt to ensure not only does everything get done, but that you are not stressing out about it! I would (and do to all my friends) highly recommend her to any bride to be!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amanda M

Amanda is great! She was really professional and offered a ton of good ideas .. She was also very flexible to what I wanted in my wedding. shes reliable and takes amazing photos!! So happy k chose her for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Amanda was everything I could have hoped for in a photographer and more. She has such a natural talent for photography. Her photos always seem to capture fun, candid, intimate, romantic and just overall brilliant moments. Very professional and fun, I would recommend her to... Read More anyone who wants to capture fundamental moments in life. Thank you Amanda!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Nina K

If I could give Amanda more than 5 stars, I would. She was the easiest decision that we made for our wedding. The second we saw her portfolio, we knew that she was the only photographer that we wanted. Amanda is absolutely wonderful. She is professional, prompt and direct. She... Read More kept our groomsmen in line. She got every shot that we wanted (and more!). She has an amazing eye for creative shots and manages to capture the emotion and your story in every photograph. Her photos are literally works of art. I can't wait to find an excuse for another shoot with her. Don't look for anyone else to photograph your wedding day. Book her now.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Stephanie E

Amanda was an essential element in our wedding day success, working with her was one of the easiest and best decisions of the planning process. She went above and beyond to make us, our entire bridal party, our families, our guests feel special and important. When we saw the... Read More sneak peeks and then the full portfolio, we were in disbelief at how beautifully she captured our day, she didn't miss a moment. Every memory we have of our special day is encapsulated in an incredible photo that we'll treasure forever. This is especially amazing because my husband doesn't particularly enjoy having his photo taken. When we first met Amanda, we made it clear that candid, non-posed photos were the style we were looking for. Amanda made the process painless during both our wedding and engagement shoots, and as a result, the photos capture our love in a way that is honest and pure. She answers emails quickly and never makes you feel like you are not her top priority even when you know she's working with many, many other couples. Lastly, she incorporates a few incredibly thoughtful extras into her package that help you relieve your wedding day again and again. We look forward to working with Amanda to capture other momentous occasions in our life and supporting her business by providing glowing referrals to anyone who asks!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Alex G

Amanda was incredible from the very first meeting, to prepping for our engagement shoot where she went all over town to get the images we wanted, to the delivery of our gorgeous wedding photos. She was very professional, organized, and easy to work with, but most of all she was... Read More easy to get along with. She was able to capture the soul of our wedding and let each person's personality shine through, we are extremely grateful to have images to remember our day that way! Her work is gorgeous and speaks for itself, I can't tell you the number of compliments we receive on the photos! We highly recommend her!

2016-06-13T14:21:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was great working with you as well!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Deidre D

I had experienced Amanda's work when I was in one of my best friend's weddings... so when it came time to choose our photographer , it was simple! Amanda is cool, calm and collected. She also has fantastic ideas for any scenario. We were married in Detroit, MI on a light snowy... Read More and potentially slushy day. She made the best of it and we ended up with AWESOME photos both inside and outside with snow falling. One of the best parts of our experience was receiving our prints afterwards (nicely packaged in an adorable wooden box). We wanted our photos to be casual and reflective of us... and that is exactly what we got! Thank you Amanda!

2016-06-13T14:22:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! Loved shooting your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Meaghan S

Hiring Amanda for our engagement/wedding photos was the best decision we made. I love every single photo, they are a true reflection of us and our friends and family - I couldn't ask for anything more! Also, Amanda and her team are extremely generous and wonderful to be... Read More around which is VERY important on your wedding day. My husband and I are not terribly good with the camera, and she made it so easy. Thank you, Amanda!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Amanda J

I’m so pleased that I choose Amanda as our wedding photographer. I love the images and memories that she captured of our day. I can’t say enough about how she and her team went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I were happy and well taken care of. Choosing to... Read More make an investment in photography has certainly paid off. Amanda has a marvelous eye for light and texture and captures both brilliantly in photographs. From the formal shots to the candid images each one is crisp and stunning. She made me look better then I ever though I could. Thank you for your beautiful work Amanda!

2015-07-20T10:18:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! :)

Beyond amazing to work with!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Adriane L

Words cannot even describe how amazing Amanda was!! From start to finish, engagement pictures to wedding day - she went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable, enjoy the process, and produced some of the most beautiful photos! She captured every moment perfectly and we... Read More will forever have our memories of the big day because of it. Everyone we have shared our pictures with raves about how gorgeous they turned out, how perfect the editing was, and how the pictures elegantly walked you through the entire day - making you feel like you were reliving everything again! I would recommend Amanda for any picture needs you might have, we will definitely be using her in the future for ours! Again, she was FABULOUS!

The Best Choice I Made (Other than my Husband)

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Angelina S

I did a lot of research on photographers. Some of the ones I wanted were already taken. I came across Amanda in a photo shoot she did for Style Me Pretty. Her style was exactly what I was looking for. She is very personable, we met a couple times before the wedding at her house,... Read More (she has an adorable dog named Einstein), she was professional and on time, she had great ideas, and was prompt getting pictures back to us. I had so many compliments on our wedding pictures, and it was hard to choose which ones to print and put into our album. We will definitely be using her in the future for photography needs!

Great wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Sarah O

Living in Chicago and getting married in Detroit adds another level of stress when planning a wedding. My husband and I were so lucky to find Amanda Dumouchelle photography. From the first interaction to receiving our final wedding photographs Amanda and her assistants were... Read More professional, kind, helpful and incredibly talented. We are thrilled with our photos and can't wait to use her services when we have a family. Thank you so much, Amanda, for capturing so many moments and for staying late at our reception -- you really are the best.

Amanda Dumouchelle

Wedding and Portrait photographer based out Ann Arbor Mi, available to travel anywhere!